Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-01-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Instead of trading down, why don't the 9ers think about trading up? Giving the 49ers Calvin Johnson would be crazy... Gore, CJ, Vernon Davis, Alex Smith. Wow.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is actually really surprising to me. i know he is suspended and due to miss the first two games of the season but he was the only good receiver they had last year. i thought they would deal with his off-field troubles because his production was decent and salary wasnt too bad, especially since they had so much cap room that it didnt really matter.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
they could bring in a vet like Joe Horn if he is not overpriced. they just need a reliable wr option for smith.

i have to agree with going defense in the first. get some young talent on d to compliment the young O. add a good vet wr and theyre looking pretty good
This is exactly what I was thinking.

I like Arnaz, but I think he's best suited as a #2, not a cut against him.. Reggie Wayne wouldn't complain being called the #2.

I think they Should go after... Either Drew Bennett, Joe Horn, or Dante Stallworth.

Stallworth a Vertical option, where Bennett is more a possession and Horn is basically a mix. $$$ vs age vs production could lead them to pick up 1 veteran (If it were me I'd take Horn). and Grab a rd 2/3 Rookie. A guy Like say, Sidney Rice, Jason Hill, Craig Davis. Don't forget they got I believe Brandon Williams last year, so... they need to develop him and another Rookie and sign a guy like Bennett or Horn to a 2-3 year contract.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Bryant and I would love the Steelers to sign him for some good depth.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a big suprise

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
49erfaithful
Veteran

49erfaithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticaLion View Post
Instead of trading down, why don't the 9ers think about trading up? Giving the 49ers Calvin Johnson would be crazy... Gore, CJ, Vernon Davis, Alex Smith. Wow.
every 49er fan would love CJ but SF would have to give up a lot to get a top 4 pick. SF will probally sign either Bennet or Stallworth
49erfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they'll probably just wait for one of the WR's to fall to the 2nd round. Maybe Sidney Rice

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kinda want him for Jacksonville. He can't be commanding too much money, especially with his upcoming suspension.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:29 PM    (permalink
BehrenMan007
Pro Bowler

BehrenMan007 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

they have to take ginn or meachem or jarrett, now, right?

credit to cardsalltheway
BehrenMan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrenMan007 View Post
they have to take ginn or meachem or jarrett, now, right?
No. This defense gave up 30+ points 7 times. They also gave up 2 touchdowns to a historically bad raiders offense, a offense that scored 10 tds in 15 other games.

They wont go WR unless the defensive value (landry..carriker..okoye, etc) is gone.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
kris k
Rookie

kris k hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

With this move the niners draft priority is definitely WR. Especially with the rumors that the niners already have a deal in place with Addalius Thomas and are already in talks with Leonard Davis.

If their staying pat then I definitely say grab either Meachem (did I spell that right?) or Bowe.

But trading up would be ideal especially for Alex Smith for CJ they wouldn't need to move to one or two so the price for trading up wouldn't be so steep. Especially with the prosepects of seeing A.Smith, Gore, CJ, and VD on the field all at once and possibly another WR in a later round maybe a Jarret or a S.Rice but thats just wishful thinking......
kris k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The defense is still the weakpoint of this team. They need alot of help at just about every position, esspecially D-line and S.

WR can wait till the 2nd round to get Rice or trade up into the late 1st to get Jarrett.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
16_SFfan_80
Rookie

16_SFfan_80 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

They'll probably be the frontrunners to sign Stallworth or Bennett. I'm kinda unhappy with the move, but Nolan really had issues with Bryant's character problems.

"I'm going for 2,200 (yards) next year," Gore said. "That's the record, isn't it? Yeah, I'll get that."
16_SFfan_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Antionio Bryant. I'd love the Rams to sign him for KR/PR and 2nd/3rd WR.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Stallworth is the larry Hughes of football. Might be a good player, but it does no good if your hurt.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
Stallworth is the larry Hughes of football. Might be a good player, but it does no good if your hurt.
Co-sign. Very good point.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expected this. He is a cancerous entity in the locker room. He blew up on the field, far too often. At least, often enough not to justify his ho-hum production. That said; the 49ers are in desperate need of a WR to help Alex Smith out.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I expected this. He is a cancerous entity in the locker room. He blew up on the field, far too often. At least, often enough not to justify his ho-hum production. That said; the 49ers are in desperate need of a WR to help Alex Smith out.
QFT - there is no no.1 WR in FA so we will need to look at this day 1 of the draft

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote