Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-06-2009, 12:31 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I do that too. I have like 9 different conference realignments on my computer. But I do think that Boise St. is going to go to the MWC sooner than later. It just makes too much damn sense.
It does but you know the WAC is going to do everything they can to keep them there. The MWC should replace the Big East as the 6th BCS Conference.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:11 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
It does but you know the WAC is going to do everything they can to keep them there. The MWC should replace the Big East as the 6th BCS Conference.
I think so too. If the MWC replaces the Big East (given they invite Boise St. and possible Fresno St.) then they should be the 6th BCS conference.

And I'm glad I was able to cash in on my BYU over Oklahoma bid

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 09:44 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright the BYU Homers Anonymous meeting will commence when I get back from church.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell yeah! I was pretty confident BYU would pull through and they didn't disappoint.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 09-06-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I HATE preseason rankins and don't think they should rank teams until half way through the season, where do you think BYU should be ranked? Where will they be ranked?
Old 09-06-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As much as I HATE preseason rankins and don't think they should rank teams until half way through the season, where do you think BYU should be ranked? Where will they be ranked?
I think that was a good ranking for them as they totally bombed the LV bowl. I anticipate they'll be rated at least 16th or 15th.

Old 09-06-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JBALLA838's Mountain West Power Rankings after week one:
TIER ONE
1. TCU - Talent Laden team is team to beat in Mountain West.
2. BYU - Beat injury depleted, and possibly overrated, Oklahoma, but still a solid win.
3. Utah - From what can be drawn from playing Utah State, Cain will struggle some getting used to the system, and their secondary is very volatile and prone to giving up big plays. Matt Asiata is still a great running back and they are still solid on the front 7.
TIER TWO
4. Air Force - Finally have the option personnel, and they looked great against Nicholls St. Then again, it was Nicholls State.
5. Colorado State - Plays Colorado in 4 minutes, could jump as high as 4 but this is where they are slotted for now. Gartrell Johnson's graduation is huge for this team, but they have enough talent to scare some of the big 3 perhaps.
Tier Three
6. UNLV - Former bottom dweller, who isn't as bad as years past. still bad though.
Tier Four

7. San Diego State - Lindley is a nice passer, but the D is very suspicious. not the biggest fan of SDSU.
8. New Mexico - Big loss to Texas A&M, but its expected. Lobos aren't great though.
9. Wyoming - Beat Weber State. By 7. I know Weber is supposed to be good, but come on Wyoming, you are D-I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 06:53 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate BYU fans.

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 09-07-2009, 10:24 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post

I hate BYU fans.
I thought we were friends =( hahahahaha

Old 09-07-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
I thought we were friends =( hahahahaha
you arent one of those.

"Sam Bradford should give his Heisman back to Max Hall where it belongs"

Quote:

Old 09-07-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"Sam Bradford should give his Heisman back to Max Hall where it belongs"
blind homerism, regardless of school, is always upsetting

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:15 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_13303436?source=most_viewed

Couple notables
-Harvey Unga will be a game time decision.
-Max Hall and Andrew Rich were conference O/D POtW
-Colby Clawson feels bad about hurting Bradford.

Mountain West Conference Roundabout:

BYU vs Tulane W
Utah vs San Jose State W
TCU vs Virginia Cavaliers W
Wyoming vs Texas L
UNLV vs Oregon St. L
Air Force vs Minnesota W
SDSU vs Southern Utah W
Colorado St. vs Weber W
New Mexico vs Tulsa L

Old 09-15-2009, 10:59 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Mountain West roundabout

BYU - 2-0 #7
TCU - 2-0 #15
Utah - 2-0 #18
Colorado St - 2-0 NR
Air Force - 1-1 NR
UNLV - 1-1 NR
Wyoming - 1-1 NR
New Mexico - 0-2 NR

Couple notbales.. BYU slaughtered Tulane in New Orleans while Utah pulled off a win a 4th quarter win in San Jose. TCU beat U of Virginia last weekend and face off against the Texas State Bobcats while Wyoming takes on Buffaloes of Colorado after being trounced by the Texas Longhorns. UNLV is set to go up against the Warriors of Hawaii after being scathed by Oregon State. Tulsa whooped New Mexico last week, who is facing in-conference opponent Air Force after AF dropped a game to Minnesota.

BYU vs Florida State - W (Close one)
TCU vs Texas State - W
Utah vs Oregon - W
New Mexico vs Air Force - L
SDSU vs Idaho - L
Air Force vs New Mexico - W
Wyoming vs Colorado - W (Upset Special!)

Old 09-20-2009, 01:01 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

I'm ******* crushed right now.. Absolutely crushed. Oh who am I kidding.. I'm talking to myself here.

Old 09-20-2009, 01:12 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm ******* crushed right now.. Absolutely crushed. Oh who am I kidding.. I'm talking to myself here.
I'm listening. BYU needs speed. There is no speed in the Valley and in the state there are maybe 3 kids who go sub 11 each year. They should have offered Maughan or brought in Ryan Avery, just to have some speed. They have none.

Quote:

Old 09-20-2009, 01:14 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm listening. BYU needs speed. There is no speed in the Valley and in the state there are maybe 3 kids who go sub 11 each year. They should have offered Maughan or brought in Ryan Avery, just to have some speed. They have none.
Yeah.. I dunno man. We can't compete with people from Florida. They play a whole different brand of football down there. O'Neil Chambers isn't even that fast. And his house parties suck balls lol

Old 09-20-2009, 01:18 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

What are the chances that TCU runs the table?
Old 09-20-2009, 01:21 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah.. I dunno man. We can't compete with people from Florida. They play a whole different brand of football down there. O'Neil Chambers isn't even that fast. And his house parties suck balls lol
They could compete if they didnt neglect speed. thats what is missing from this team. good O Line and a good front 7 on D, but slow WR's and DBs kills em.

Quote:

Old 09-20-2009, 01:23 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
They have to travel to Provo, which will be tough, but at least they have Colorado State and Utah at home. If Clemson doesn't get them next week in Clemson, I'd put it at 2.5:1 or so.

Quote:

Old 09-20-2009, 01:36 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Their chances are as good as anyones. They came into the season as the best team in the MWC.

Old 10-07-2009, 03:01 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4539495

BYU has kicked DB Shiloah Te'o off the team.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 10-07-2009, 03:34 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4539495

BYU has kicked DB Shiloah Te'o off the team.
What a shame.. That's like my cousin. We're from the same town

Old 05-07-2010, 09:14 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

I know Harvey Unga left but according to some people in Provo the RBs he left behind are no let down.

Highly recruited Freshman Josh Quezada proved that he could be a starter from day one even though he most likely won't be.

Jake Heaps is the most popular person in Provo outside of the General Authorities(insidejoke). He showed that he could start day one but Riley Nelson is no slouch. As far as coach Mendenhall is concerned, the race is dead even between Nelson, Heaps, and James Lark. Jason Munns returns from his mission right before the fall so the QB race should be interesting in Provo.

The defensive line took some major hits losing Jorgensen and Tialavea but the team is confident that So'oto and crew can pick up where these guys left off. The LB crew is still being assembled. The newcomers Zac Stout, Aveni Leung-Wai and Colin Keoshian are all pushing for playing time.

The DBs are still all in tact. Andrew Rich is coming back leading a seasoned defensive backfield.

I'm excited for BYU football in 2010 to say the least. This is the season with the most question marks and for us to pull of some wins and make a bowl win would be classified as a successful season.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:07 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
I know Harvey Unga left but according to some people in Provo the RBs he left behind are no let down.

Highly recruited Freshman Josh Quezada proved that he could be a starter from day one even though he most likely won't be.

Jake Heaps is the most popular person in Provo outside of the General Authorities(insidejoke). He showed that he could start day one but Riley Nelson is no slouch. As far as coach Mendenhall is concerned, the race is dead even between Nelson, Heaps, and James Lark. Jason Munns returns from his mission right before the fall so the QB race should be interesting in Provo.

The defensive line took some major hits losing Jorgensen and Tialavea but the team is confident that So'oto and crew can pick up where these guys left off. The LB crew is still being assembled. The newcomers Zac Stout, Aveni Leung-Wai and Colin Keoshian are all pushing for playing time.

The DBs are still all in tact. Andrew Rich is coming back leading a seasoned defensive backfield.

I'm excited for BYU football in 2010 to say the least. This is the season with the most question marks and for us to pull of some wins and make a bowl win would be classified as a successful season.
gonna get smoked by UW bruddah

Quote:

Old 05-07-2010, 10:28 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
gonna get smoked by UW bruddah
I dunno bro.. The Dawgz are coming Provo