Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-01-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
evershot
Rookie

evershot hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Joe Horn cut

Just heard it on the radio Joe Horn was released
evershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, I guess they must feel real good about Colston and Hendersen. Its sad to see Horn get cut though. He was a fan favorite, and was the "leader" if you will of NO.

Maybe they'll try to resign him for cheap?
Old 03-01-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
evershot
Rookie

evershot hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Wow, I guess they must feel real good about Colston and Hendersen. Its sad to see Horn get cut though. He was a fan favorite, and was the "leader" if you will of NO.

Maybe they'll try to resign him for cheap?
that's what they said on the radio that they plan to resign him for a lower price but they are taking a risk by letting him hit the open market.
evershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe Atlanta can sign him or Eric Moulds as a mentor type towards our talented, but inconsistent, receivers..

BTW - I have always respected Joe Horn.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Maybe Atlanta can sign him or Eric Moulds as a mentor type towards our talented, but inconsistent, receivers..

BTW - I have always respected Joe Horn.
Moulds isn't a team guy. He wouldn't be a great teacher. I can see Horn doing that.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It wouldn't suprise me to see him re-sign. I think that was their plan all along was to cut him then re-sign him. If some other team re-signs him then the Saints don't miss much.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we don't manage to get him back which I'm not so sure will happen we have got to sign another WR in FA or draft one.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if they called his cell phone?

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

with the weak free agent class i think he will be able to find a job elsewhere at a higher rate than the saints would be willing to pay.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
with the weak free agent class i think he will be able to find a job elsewhere at a higher rate than the saints would be willing to pay.
I agree. Especially with the type of money he's going to want to have.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i could see him in a pats uniform
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
SillyRyno
Rookie

SillyRyno hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Saints are set already at WR and can now spend that money on getting a CB like Clements.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
49erfaithful
Veteran

49erfaithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

SF really needs him
49erfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
i could see him in a pats uniform
I wouldn't have a problem with that. Hopefully he can stay healthy, though...
Old 03-01-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyRyno View Post
Saints are set already at WR and can now spend that money on getting a CB like Clements.
Set may be a bit of an overstatement. We have Colston, yes, but he has to prove that his rookie season was not just a fluke (think Michael Clayton). Devery Henderson became a huge threat for us last year, but still inconsistent at times. Then, Terrance Cooper whom isn't too bad. If, say, a Dwayne Jarrett is there at #27 it wouldn't shock me to see us pick someone of his caliber.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 03-01-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
SillyRyno
Rookie

SillyRyno hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Set may be a bit of an overstatement. We have Colston, yes, but he has to prove that his rookie season was not just a fluke (think Michael Clayton). Devery Henderson became a huge threat for us last year, but still inconsistent at times. Then, Terrance Cooper whom isn't too bad. If, say, a Dwayne Jarrett is there at #27 it wouldn't shock me to see us pick someone of his caliber.
That's all very true and I agree. What I meant by set wasn't "yay! we're set, we're gonna roll", but more of "we're pretty much set up right now with a full compliment of able receivers".
Old 03-01-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd be surprised if you didn't take him.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

My quetion is how are all these available veteran WR's going to effect the draft?

Maybe drops some stock to certain WR.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it doesn't surprise me with horn being cut with his salary and his lacking production of what he used to be im sure the saints will take him back with a pay cut though
Old 03-01-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
BehrenMan007
Pro Bowler

BehrenMan007 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

they cant be set with just henderson and colston

credit to cardsalltheway
BehrenMan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
it doesn't surprise me with horn being cut with his salary and his lacking production of what he used to be im sure the saints will take him back with a pay cut though
The thing is I highly doubt Horn is willing to take a pay cut. That's the reason he was released in the first place.

Old 03-01-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a move I expected. They must think their young guys have it covered.

He'd be good in San Fran.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very surprised to see the saints release the man who was the Face of this Franchise for a long time. . . But i must say he would look great in the purple & gold
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hopfully oakland signs him :)

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my money would go on Green Bay signing him. McCarthy was horn's OC in from 2000-2004 and when he left for San Fran and then the HC job in GB Horn spoke very highly of him and really respects him. he also put up his best numbers when mccarthy was his OC so it seems like a perfect fit.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote