Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-08-2009, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it sucks being poor. i cant afford any new games so it looks like im going to be trying for all of the batman achievements. also i freaking loved the wolverine game. if you havent played it please do.
Saints 4 Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:00 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While I liked L4D, I was a bit disappointed. I hope L4D2 will be what I hoped L4D would be. I don't plan on getting MW2. I can't wait for Dragon Age, ODST, and The Saboteur.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
While I liked L4D, I was a bit disappointed. I hope L4D2 will be what I hoped L4D would be. I don't plan on getting MW2. I can't wait for Dragon Age, ODST, and The Saboteur.
what let you down about L4D? my fav game from 2008 by far.
Saints 4 Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:13 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
what let you down about L4D? my fav game from 2008 by far.
Mostly my hype for the game. I really like the game, but I just expected more content from Valve I suppose. The new content update was nice, but I rather of seen them added new maps rather than old ones that you couldn't play multiplayer on. Especially since I play on PC and due to mods you could already play those campaigns.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 09-08-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
should I trade in Madden 10 for NCAA Football 10? I hate Madden this year and I know I'm gonna trade it in but should I do it for NCAA 10 or something else?
NCAA 10 is great. If you don't like Madden you'll probably like NCAA. Maybe rent it first to see.

Also

7 days!
Old 09-08-2009, 03:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
it sucks being poor. i cant afford any new games so it looks like im going to be trying for all of the batman achievements. also i freaking loved the wolverine game. if you havent played it please do.
Yeah, Wolverine was a pleasant surprise. It was a God of War knock off but a good one.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:08 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
NCAA 10 is great. If you don't like Madden you'll probably like NCAA. Maybe rent it first to see.
ok, thanks.

Last edited by OSUGiants17 : 09-08-2009 at 04:14 PM.
OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:14 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some new stuff in that gameplay trailer. I cannot freakin' wait for this game. The wide range of new weapons looks great, the ability to use momentum by jumping from one object is an obvious but cool addition, the fact I won't die when I accidentlly jumped into any body of water is good, and double ************* hand blades.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hah yeah, AC2 looks pretty awesome. I always thought jumping around across the roof tops was one of the coolest things ever in that game. It was fun to just jump around and take in the amazing environments in that game.

Can't wait for the second one.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah it should be sweet, I'm hoping for something cool to happen in the present day part of the game as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
That's like slapping God in the face.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Yeah it should be sweet, I'm hoping for something cool to happen in the present day part of the game as well.
Absolutely. I think it'd be neat if you had a chance to do some of the same stuff in the 'modern' day part of the game too.

It seems like it isn't true but Assassins Creed was supposed to be a trilogy in which the first game happened mainly in the past, the second in the present, and the third in the future.

They may have altered that though as I don't think the first game sold as well as they had hoped.

Also MW2 too looks good, but I'm skeptical. Most of the COD games are starting to just be rehashed and overused. I'm going to wait and see what it gets in terms of reviews before I think about buying it. Activision is milking the series to no end though which annoys me to some extent.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Absolutely. I think it'd be neat if you had a chance to do some of the same stuff in the 'modern' day part of the game too.

It seems like it isn't true but Assassins Creed was supposed to be a trilogy in which the first game happened mainly in the past, the second in the present, and the third in the future.

They may have altered that though as I don't think the first game sold as well as they had hoped.

Also MW2 too looks good, but I'm skeptical. Most of the COD games are starting to just be rehashed and overused. I'm going to wait and see what it gets in terms of reviews before I think about buying it. Activision is milking the series to no end though which annoys me to some extent.
I'm not sure of the whole story, but the reason it seems rehashed and overused is because after COD 4 was such a hit Infinity Ward and Treyarch got in a fight after COD 4 came out and they both went their separate ways since one wanted to continue with the modern war theme and the other wanted to revert back to the ww2 theme. That's why COD W@W came out so soon after COD4 because Treyarch was trying to play off of the success of COD 4.

Anyone feel free to correct me here.
Old 09-09-2009, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can't waittttttt for nhl 10 !

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Also

7 days!
preordered my copy today. The guy at gamestop said it wasn't in the system for preorders and tried to give me NHL 2k10. Luckily the guy figured it out. Can't wait for NHL 10!

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wo_oT88 View Post
can't waittttttt for nhl 10 !
This. I can't wait to play it non-stop for a month and then never touch it again.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:54 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not sure of the whole story, but the reason it seems rehashed and overused is because after COD 4 was such a hit Infinity Ward and Treyarch got in a fight after COD 4 came out and they both went their separate ways since one wanted to continue with the modern war theme and the other wanted to revert back to the ww2 theme. That's why COD W@W came out so soon after COD4 because Treyarch was trying to play off of the success of COD 4.

Its only rehashed for the WWII part, because it has happened so you have to follow almost a preset story line.

With modern version, you can create your own story, eventually after this one it'll run dry. One thing to note, COD4 if you noticed has a lot of military based play, like camo and going through the city like invading like real war.

With this next one it looks like gorilla warfare, a lot of city fighting, not as like organized as you would have in a war type of environment. Also a lot of the guns, are rapid firing ones, with close to medium distance. You know what i'm trying to say.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:07 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
That's like slapping God in the face.
I get bored of them pretty quick. I think it's an overrated series and I have a lot of shooters ahead of it.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Not that I know or don't know that's the case or not, but I would be surprised if it was anything more than a business decision on Activision's part.

They release a top seller every year, like Madden, by having two developers alternate games every other year.

Anyway, I actually haven't played CoD4 or W@W yet (I did love CoD2 though), but have Modern Warfare 2 ordered. It looks ridiculously awesome.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:21 AM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Infinity Ward/Treyarch stuff really started after CoD2, IW had all the files for Modern Warfare saved under a folder called CoD3(Treyarch made CoD3, and it blew), or something like that. Treyarch just used all of Activisions stuff in W@W, but just made it shittier.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, i love COD4 because of the online play. The single player campaign was awesome, very legit and realistic, but my replay value and fun factor came after i discovered the awesomeness of online play. I expect MW2 to be an upgrade on both single and multiplayer, so that's why i'm very excited.

Other FPS just don't do it for me. Not as realistic as COD.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need some advice.

I have the e79 error. Should i send it to Microsoft or should i trust an outside source to fix it?
Old 09-10-2009, 03:10 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I turned my x box on without my hard drive and it's working fine. Now i just need to see if it'll work fine with a different storage device.

Does anyone have a 48 hour X Box Live card i can have?

Also, does anyone know if i can recover my Live account if it died in another Hard Drive?

+rep for any and all help.

Last edited by MetSox17 : 09-10-2009 at 03:15 PM.
MetSox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Personally, i love COD4 because of the online play. The single player campaign was awesome, very legit and realistic, but my replay value and fun factor came after i discovered the awesomeness of online play. I expect MW2 to be an upgrade on both single and multiplayer, so that's why i'm very excited.

Other FPS just don't do it for me. Not as realistic as COD.
Yeah you buy COD for the online play, not the campaign. The campaign is great though don't get me wrong, but the online can't be beat.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
skarocksoi
Veteran

skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.skarocksoi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I turned my x box on without my hard drive and it's working fine. Now i just need to see if it'll work fine with a different storage device.

Does anyone have a 48 hour X Box Live card i can have?

Also, does anyone know if i can recover my Live account if it died in another Hard Drive?

+rep for any and all help.
Yeah you can recover your gamertag if you switch hard drives. I think you start it off like you are signing onto live for the first time and one of your options is "recover gamertag". You select that and go through what it asks you and you should be fine.
skarocksoi is offline   Reply With Quote