Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:55 PM    (permalink
snazel
Rookie

snazel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Steinbach to Browns per PFT...

STEINBACH TO BROWNS
Per PFT, so who knows if there's even a smidge of truth, but I'm still splooging over it if it's true..

A league source tells us that the Browns are expected to sign offensive lineman Eric Steinbach to a deal averaging $7 million per year.

Steinbach, who most recently played for the Bengals, will essentially make Steve Hutchinson money.

The four-year veteran was once of the members of the Cincy team who got busted last year. He was charged for boating while drunk.

Technically, teams can't even speak to free agents until 12:01 a.m. EST Friday. But anyone who follows the league knows that no one follows this rule.

http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
snazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He doesn't deserve that kind of money but he would definately improve the Browns OL, esspecially if they can get Bentley back.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Off to the wasteland...
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FA's are going to get INSANE cash.

I havent seen much of steinbach, but i doubt he deserves that much $. Hell, not even hutch was worth it.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Who cares, the Browns OL needed him bad, Id rather over pay to have a good OL, then watch all our QB's get killed.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel bad for him. He'll probably get injured first play of a scrimmage.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

tomorrow pro football talk is going to have non-stop info. i love this part of the season.

(awaits pft hate)
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
miamichamp_305
Rookie

miamichamp_305 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't trust PFT to much, and besides, free agency hasn't started yet, this can't be official. I want to see a legit source before they say he signed.

And, if this is true, I just hope for his sake he doesn't end up like LeCharles Bentley.
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
Who cares, the Browns OL needed him bad, Id rather over pay to have a good OL, then watch all our QB's get killed.
Didn't say it was a bad move. He is really gonna beef up that OL, esspecially if they get Bentley back. They definately overpaid though.

PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Browns need a guy like Steinbach, good move.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:10 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Who isn't Cleveland interested in? Reminds me of girl I know.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He would be a very Good Accuistion for the Browns but he is def not worth Hutch money
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
Who isn't Cleveland interested in? Reminds me of girl I know.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You just made my sig

Old 03-01-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want the Bears to get him, but he isn't worth that much money. I'd much rather just keep Ruben.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
YouNeverKnow
Rookie

YouNeverKnow hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would like him to go out of the AFC North since he is a good guard, not a big fan of him at tackle though. But if the Browns are going to get someone from inside the AFC North, I would much rather they get him then Thomas.
YouNeverKnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Good, Better them then the Cardinals.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

Thomas plays the same linebacker spot that Wimbley does, and i believe the 49ers will sign him.

I guess at 6'2 270 be could play the other OLB spot.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:43 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im gonna have to stay up until 12:30 just to see if it goes down.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Waiting for 12:01 is like a kid waiting for Christmas day, it is just so exciting!!
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119 View Post
Waiting for 12:01 is like a kid waiting for Christmas day, it is just so exciting!!
9:01 here, I love the west coast.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
9:01 here, I love the west coast.
Yes, same. But I always will "dumb" it down for the east coasters. :P
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
icantackleclaret
Rookie

icantackleclaret hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The sad thing is to get good players on a 4-12 team is that you have to over pay. Hope this turns out, and maybe get Clements or Harper and Doss.

Thanks to Bosanac01 for the sig.
icantackleclaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:32 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

Doss is still under contract with the Colts right?
Old 03-01-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
snazel
Rookie

snazel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I believe he is, yet he has been rumored/heard to say he wants the Browns to pick him up...
snazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

So that wont be until next year.