Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 08-11-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
No love for Drew McAllister?
I'd actually be surprised if he didnt start.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I'd actually be surprised if he didnt start.
Same. I think he should be the starting FS with Mays moved to SS.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

aaron corp injured in minicamp...? interesting.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
aaron corp injured in minicamp...? interesting.
FML FMLFMLFML

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
FML FMLFMLFML
Not really because Matt Barkley is a beast.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:53 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Same. I think he should be the starting FS with Mays moved to SS.
Don't get me wrong, Drew will be a great safety when he get's his chance, but have you guys ever heard of JOSH PINKARD and WILL HARRIS? Pinkard should start over anybody in the secondary (at any spot too) not named Mays. Drew will start next year when all three of those guys are gone to the NFL.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
Don't get me wrong, Drew will be a great safety when he get's his chance, but have you guys ever heard of JOSH PINKARD and WILL HARRIS? Pinkard should start over anybody in the secondary (at any spot too) not named Mays. Drew will start next year when all three of those guys are gone to the NFL.

I would guess Drew will be out there in certain packages or in garbage time (which is a lot when you're talking SC). At some point during the season i predict he'll be a starter. Not ready to concede he isnt as good a player as the two you mentioned.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not really because Matt Barkley is a beast.
I wanted Aaron Corp to ball out.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I would guess Drew will be out there in certain packages or in garbage time (which is a lot when you're talking SC). At some point during the season i predict he'll be a starter. Not ready to concede he isnt as good a player as the two you mentioned.

He's not (especially not on the level of Pink who's the most skilled player in the secondary and a 6 year vet who could've left for the NFL 3 years ago). Drew will be a great sub this year, and will be an even better starter next year. I also think he'll end up having a better career than the guys currently ahead of him (besides for Mays), but right now he's still earning stripes and learning from the O.G.'s ahead of him.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kristofer O'Dowd is out for about 4-5 weeks I heard. Most likely will miss the Ohio State game. That is clearly a huge loss for the team losing such a talented lineman like him. At least USC still has talented players still on the line, but it will not be the same without him and it is a huge loss for the running game.

Hell I remember when losing O'Dowd as a center even when he was freshman was a big loss.
Old 08-18-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post

Now everyone is happy!
I am 99% sure the girl on the right is a girl i hooked up with in Iquique, Chile.

Christie something??

That is a complete mind ****.
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah they kind of looked ok....haha

Loved how the defense played, liked that Pinkard is back at corner and Harris is getting the safety spot, really puts a lot of experience back there. The linebackers did wonderful, all made plays and all were around the ball constantly. A little disappointed in the defensive line but the tackles played ok.

Offensively it is great to see Bradford looking good and lovely to see McKnight getting touches and making impact plays. Williams looked great at WR but was Johnson injured? They looked a little thin in that department but I guess they can just throw to the tight ends and running backs more.

And Barkley, well he will have the job all season, that is my bet.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:34 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
Yeah they kind of looked ok....haha

Offensively it is great to see Bradford looking good and lovely to see McKnight getting touches and making impact plays. Williams looked great at WR but was Johnson injured? They looked a little thin in that department but I guess they can just throw to the tight ends and running backs more.
he got injured in the last or second to last week of practice. out for 8 weeks.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:36 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
he got injured in the last or second to last week of practice. out for 8 weeks.
That is horrible, because the WR position has the least amount of depth on the entire team.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:14 AM    (permalink
benchod
Rookie

benchod is a cocksman.benchod is a cocksman.benchod is a cocksman.benchod is a cocksman.

One can wonder if they'll really start to use McKnight like they used Bush. Line him up at WR every so often just to confuse the hell out of the defense, completely doable with that RB depth.

And for most normal games, either Ausberry and Butler step it up or McCoy/Ayles get a lot more of the action.

A position of 'little depth' at USC is almost an oxymoron.
benchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Barkley should be beastly on offense as the season goes on. I got to see him once a year for four years in HS as well as Galippo who should also be beastly. I dont see any reason why USC shouldnt be in the championship game this year.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Matt Barkley should be beastly on offense as the season goes on. I got to see him once a year for four years in HS as well as Galippo who should also be beastly. I dont see any reason why USC shouldnt be in the championship game this year.

Old 09-10-2009, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best wont get past Galippo and Mays......i'll bet he has under 100 yards against SC

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Best wont get past Galippo and Mays......i'll bet he has under 100 yards against SC

Old 09-11-2009, 01:22 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thats a bold statement. I really like the team that they have this year, and I love Barkley, but the fact is they are lacking alot of expierience and that might hurt them eventually.

I guess as long as they win the games they are suppose to, they have as good of shot as anyone.

I hope youre right :)
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:45 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jaquizz Rodgers and Jahvid Best are reasons but beware..

of Standford.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:01 AM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs

Ohio State pulls this out, IMO.
ToldLikeItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:24 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
Ohio State pulls this out, IMO.
They could.. But it just baffles me how your rep keeps going deeper and deeper into the negatives.

Old 09-11-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ohio State stands a better chance of pulling out of the game than pulling it off.

Sorry, I have no faith in our defense to stop the run. Our secondary isn't anything worth fearing either.

Pryor is going to have to win this one on his own. The OL looked awful against Navy's defense, USC is probably gonna trash them.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Its a new season ppl what happened last season and the season before that doesnt matter anymore....stanford and osu are in the past. Now we're just looking forward to smackin Pryor around a lil bit. I just hope he doesnt blow us a new one ha

Props to BK for the sig
Quote: