Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-11-2009, 08:49 PM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini

LMAO@questioning my Canes allegiance. I'm the biggest Canes fan in here. We got some "Canes fans" in here that thought The late GREAT Sean Taylor was redshirted and only played on special teams as sophmore. Well then who did Maurice Clarett strip the ball from in the Fiasco Bowl after an int in the endzone ?

Anyway, like I said every LB we signed in 2008 has already played EXCEPT Arthur Brown (C.J. Holton came in as Safety). There is no excuse for that other than he might be no good. Dude couldn't come in relief of G L E N N C O O K for god's sakes. Not for a single snap. The frustrating thing is that an entire off season went by to get ready for FSU and still NOTHING from the him. Watch Kevin Nelson come in next year and play and this guy still hasn't picked up the technique.

Off topic, do you guys feel good about Nicholas playing ? Dude sucks imo. I did like what I saw from Randy Phillips though. He was in alot of plays and made a clutch int. I would love our safeties to be Phillips & Armstrong. Vaughn Telemaque is just as unproven as Ray Ray but Ray is the way better athlete.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDeini View Post
LMAO@questioning my Canes allegiance. I'm the biggest Canes fan in here. We got some "Canes fans" in here that thought The late GREAT Sean Taylor was redshirted and only played on special teams as sophmore. Well then who did Maurice Clarett strip the ball from in the Fiasco Bowl after an int in the endzone ?

Anyway, like I said every LB we signed in 2008 has already played EXCEPT Arthur Brown (C.J. Holton came in as Safety). There is no excuse for that other than he might be no good. Dude couldn't come in relief of G L E N N C O O K for god's sakes. Not for a single snap. The frustrating thing is that an entire off season went by to get ready for FSU and still NOTHING from the him. Watch Kevin Nelson come in next year and play and this guy still hasn't picked up the technique.

Off topic, do you guys feel good about Nicholas playing ? Dude sucks imo. I did like what I saw from Randy Phillips though. He was in alot of plays and made a clutch int. I would love our safeties to be Phillips & Armstrong. Vaughn Telemaque is just as unproven as Ray Ray but Ray is the way better athlete.

I'm gonna ignore the shot at my Canes alligence just because I thought Taylor redshirted a year before spending an entire year as ST. Forgive me for thinking he sat on the bench for a year like every other freshmen we had coming in at the time. It was over 8 years ago. My Bad. Point still stands that he made the same exactly impact as a freshman that Arthur did.

Secondly. Futch (who you conveniently left out) hasn't played more then Arthur Brown and Holton is a LB. I don't care if he came in as a safety. It's all technicalities because we knew he'd eventually grow into a LB here. Fact remains that Arthur has done way more here then Futch or Holton and yet you call Arthur a bust but not the other 2.

Oh an your point about him beating out Glenn Cook is stupid as well. Arthur practiced outside all year last year. Didn't take a single snap inside. Kinda hard to beat out Glenn Cook for the MLB job when your being looked at as a pure OLB. Arthur didn't move to the middle til spring ball when he was noticeably bigger and stronger. Not to mention, Glenn Cook didn't earn his job based on talent. He played based on the fact that our defense needed someone that had some experience in the middle. Unless Arthur Brown can rewind time and make himself much older and smarter he wasn't gonna play ahead of Cook.

BTW... If your the biggest Cane fan here. Maybe you should be productive in thsi thread instead of calling out other Cane fans and Cane players because they aren't perfect. Your a troll with no insite. Any moron can go, "Duh, he sucks, he doesnt play"
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:43 PM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini

If Jordan Futch is # 58 then yes he's been on the field lined up at LB. Brown has not. Usually everybody plays in the first game of the season yet this kids number has never been called, ever.

Why are the FSU freshmen playing ? Greg Reid first NCAA game was incredible and I also saw Jacobbi McDaniel in there a few times. Even last year Nigel Bradham played some and by his sophmore year they're expecting alot from him.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Jordan Futch is # 58 then yes he's been on the field lined up at LB. Brown has not. Usually everybody plays in the first game of the season yet this kids number has never been called, ever.

Why are the FSU freshmen playing ? Greg Reid first NCAA game was incredible and I also saw Jacobbi McDaniel in there a few times. Even last year Nigel Bradham played some and by his sophmore year they're expecting alot from him.
Did you ever think that maybe we have more depth than FSU and we dont need to play all of our young players like them.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:35 AM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

We may have a little more depth than they do NOW but this wasn't the case LAST YEAR. How many freshmen got to play a year ago ? Yet this kids number has never been counted on. An entire off season went by for him to improve, FSU game is here and this kid still can not see the field. That is all I'm saying. I am not going to count on him for anything anymore. He has been useless so far because EVERY OTHER LB WE SIGNED THAT YEAR HAS ALREADY PLAYED.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:21 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
We may have a little more depth than they do NOW but this wasn't the case LAST YEAR. How many freshmen got to play a year ago ? Yet this kids number has never been counted on. An entire off season went by for him to improve, FSU game is here and this kid still can not see the field. That is all I'm saying. I am not going to count on him for anything anymore. He has been useless so far because EVERY OTHER LB WE SIGNED THAT YEAR HAS ALREADY PLAYED.
Really Futch has seen the field?

I'd like to know when. I really would. He was redshirted and didn't play at all last year and he did nothing but kick coverage against FSU.

BTW.... You completely ignored my questions about Harland Gunn. He redshirted his 1st year and played nothing but Scout team as a RS FR and suddenly this year he's beat out Figs who has been starting since he was a freshman. How do you explain that.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:24 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:

Not against FSU moron. Everyone plays the 1st game of the season against DII schools so coaches can see what everyone has got. When your 1st game is against the number 18 team, you don't have the luxury of throwing kids to the wolves and trying them out. You need to stick with your vets and give yourself the best shot to win the game.

Are you really that dumb?
Old 09-12-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

Now Futch was red-shirted ? LOL. Damn dude follow your Canes. He played in 5 games last year. And good for Harland Gunn it's about time he did something but he was never expected to contribute early, he was an unknown from Nebraska. And what if Arthur Brown doesn't play vs. Ga Tech ? Or how about OU, or Va Tech ?
Old 09-12-2009, 11:48 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Yes Futch was redshirted. He applied for a medical resdhirt after he got hurt on kick coverage early in the year. Whether he was actually granted the medical redshirt I don't know. He he def didn't play anything more then kick coverage in the whole 5 games hes played total.

Thought that was common knowledge.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:50 AM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

He is a true sophmore dude.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:54 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
He is a true sophmore dude.
Ok, fine. Fact remains that he was hurt pretty much the entire season last year. Like I said, he applied for a medical redshirt. Same as VT did. I knew Vt got one so I figured Futch did as well.

Either way, what is our point here? He hasn't played anywhere near as much as Arthur Brown.

I'm starting to think this has nothing to do with Arthur Brown and more to do with you needing to pound your chest because you can look up info on a roster in an attempt to prove me wrong.

I'm trying to have a logical conversation, you seem to just point out the most meaningless part of my posts and try to make me look bad for not knowing if the kid is a RS FR or SO.

Does that make you feel more like a man or something?
Old 09-12-2009, 11:59 AM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

Nah just know what you're talking about thats all. And it's impossible to play less than Arthur Brown has.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:28 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Nah just know what you're talking about thats all. And it's impossible to play less than Arthur Brown has.
There goes your chest beating again.

I don't need to defend my knowledge of the Canes to you. The rest of the guys on here have seen me on here for years and know I know the ins and outs of this thing.

Not checking a roster to see if a backup LB was granted a RS or not does make me less of a Cane fan. And it makes you look like a whiny little kid to point it out and laugh.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow GhostDeini you're quite the poser of a UM fan. You're prolly just some Gator that likes trolling us.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:06 PM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

You can call me anything you want EXCEPT a Gators fan. I will not stand for that.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:21 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
You can call me anything you want EXCEPT a Gators fan. I will not stand for that.
Then stop acting like one.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:38 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
There goes your chest beating again.

I don't need to defend my knowledge of the Canes to you. The rest of the guys on here have seen me on here for years and know I know the ins and outs of this thing.

Not checking a roster to see if a backup LB was granted a RS or not does make me less of a Cane fan. And it makes you look like a whiny little kid to point it out and laugh.
Don't worry Joey. We all know you know your stuff when it comes to The U. Very few posters are more knowledgeable about their team than you are.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody hear anything at all on Jamal Reid? Wonder how he is looking in practice and where he is playing. There some rumblings earlier on that he would play safety...hope that's not true.

Haven't heard a peep about him since fall camp started.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Anybody hear anything at all on Jamal Reid? Wonder how he is looking in practice and where he is playing. There some rumblings earlier on that he would play safety...hope that's not true.

Haven't heard a peep about him since fall camp started.
I'll be shocked if he plays this year. He was shuffling between CB and S to find a home. He's very raw tho coming from the lowest level of FL HS football so he's gonna need some time.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
tolnaballa
Rookie

tolnaballa smells like sex panther.tolnaballa smells like sex panther.

Whats the story on Andrew Tallman? TE, OT, or DE? I see him listed as all three, he just committed?

We are settling on a kid from Massachusetts?
tolnaballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolnaballa View Post
Whats the story on Andrew Tallman? TE, OT, or DE? I see him listed as all three, he just committed?

We are settling on a kid from Massachusetts?
Looks to me like another Stephen Plein/Corey White type: a 'TE' commit who will end up as an offensive tackle in a 2-3 years. Staff seems to like those types and I do too.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:45 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who's that kid in the top story about our new commit?? It's on rivals the-u front page.

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Looks to me like another Stephen Plein/Corey White type: a 'TE' commit who will end up as an offensive tackle in a 2-3 years. Staff seems to like those types and I do too.
We were recruiting him as a TE. I know BC wanted him as a TE and I think UVA did as well. I can't think of any school I've heard recruiting him as a OT. All that OT talk that I've seen was from his HS coach that spewed it to Canesport after the commitment. I haven't see any college that wants him as anything other then a TE or DE.

Sucks because I think this means we know Alex Smith is headed elsewhere and I know we felt really good about him for awhile there.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:39 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone know Byrd's staus, is he going to play tonight?

Dolphins Dream Offseason 2014: Re-Sign Paul Soliai and Brent Grimes. Sign Brandon Albert, Sam Shields & Rashad Jennings. The Draft: 1. Kelvin Benjamin 2. Xavier Su'a-Filo 3. Seantrel Henderson 4. Xavier Grimble 5. Dion Bailey 6. Jalen Saunders 7. Nevin Lawson
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:46 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pipho going up against Derrick Morgan scares me.