Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-06-2006, 12:09 AM    (permalink

Default Take your pick De La Hoya vs Mayorga TONIGHT!

So who you got?

Mayorga the puncher (who's power is kind of overrated imho)

or

De La Hoya the boxer

??

I got Oscar in a decision.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:13 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got Oscar as well.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Nerv

I just hope someone gets knocked the f out, I hate boxing decisions.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Steelcurtain1970
Rookie

Steelcurtain1970 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

oscar is washed out!!!!!!!
Steelcurtain1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 12:35 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelcurtain1970
oscar is washed out!!!!!!!
washed out? u mean washed up?

So you're picking Mayorga? Ok good. 2-1 Oscar right now.

Lemme see if I can edit in a poll
Old 05-06-2006, 12:39 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gotta go with Mayorga. I never liked Oscar. I respect him as a Boxer, I just don't like him. He's too pretty. Boxers should be junkyard dogs, like Bernard Hopkins. Same reason I never liked Lewis.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:46 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Del La Hoya fo sho

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 12:47 AM    (permalink

De La Hoya.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:55 AM    (permalink
getwellchad
Veteran

Location: "Hey professor, what's another name for pirate treasure?"
getwellchad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.getwellchad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Mayorga in 6.
Old 05-06-2006, 01:13 AM    (permalink
NewAgePack
Veteran

NewAgePack hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

who cares
NewAgePack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 05:52 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason
I gotta go with Mayorga. I never liked Oscar. I respect him as a Boxer, I just don't like him. He's too pretty. Boxers should be junkyard dogs, like Bernard Hopkins. Same reason I never liked Lewis.
You think Lewis is pretty?

So you're rooting for the bad guy in Mayorga, fair enough, but do you THINK he will win?
Old 05-06-2006, 05:57 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime21335
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason
You think Lewis is pretty?

So you're rooting for the bad guy in Mayorga, fair enough, but do you THINK he will win?
Lewis is a big fairy. Yeah, I think Mayorga can win....I remember a few years back when I was locked up and in the hole, I was the only one on the tier takin' Mosely and he won. De La Hoya is not invincible. I'm not real big on boxing though. I'm sure De La Hoya is the favorite. Anyone know what the odds are?
Old 05-06-2006, 05:58 AM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oscar b/c i know very little about boxing

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 05:58 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mayorga ,he is detremined and is straight up insane
Old 05-06-2006, 06:03 AM    (permalink

I'm not sure what the odds are but I think Oscar is the slight favorite. Mayorga has the whole punchers chance thing going for him, and I do think he could win, but I just don't think he will.

If any of you guys have HBO OnDemand I reccomend watching the Oscar vs Vargas fight, it is a very good boxing match. (Not legendary but certainly enertaining).

That fight had a lot of hype, it was when people thought Vargas had freakish power and had the potential to be running thangs in and around the welterweight division.

Also, here's a couple good articles on this fight. They are short.

This one is about De La Hoya.
http://proxy.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/columns/story?
columnist=rafael_dan&id=2434837

This one is about Mayorga hating Oscar.
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...dan&id=2434601
Old 05-06-2006, 06:04 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Damn, De La Hoya is almost 3 to 1 on Bodog. I still got Mayorga.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:13 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if u have hbo on demand watch maygora kill vernon forest
Old 05-06-2006, 06:16 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Mayorga is from the school of hard knocks. De La Hoya is from the school of cosmetics. Advantage Mayorga.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:48 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants
I did, but Vernon Forrest is a nobody. He just had Shane Mosley's number, he can't beat anyone else on or near Mosley's level.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:54 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

De La Hoya definitely

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 07:03 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
I did, but Vernon Forrest is a nobody. He just had Shane Mosley's number, he can't beat anyone else on or near Mosley's level.
vernon forest was the champ and considred one of the best pound for pound fighters before that fight
Old 05-06-2006, 07:27 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
vernon forest was the champ and considred one of the best pound for pound fighters before that fight
Not before the Mosely fight. Mosley was supposed to be what Mayweather is now.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:29 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am a huge boxing fan and am very excited for tonight. It is going to be a great fight because all Mayorga does is come forwrd and throw bombs, his power is not overrated, watch the 1st forrest fight. Personally a hate DLH, and would love to see mayorga KHTFO. However, lets face it, any knowledgable boxing fan know Mayorga is not on DLH's level. If mayorga wins it will be a lucky punch. I say Oscar stops him late, lets say round 10. However if DLH wins and goes on to Floyd Mayweather, he will get absolutely crushed.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:30 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Schubert
I am a huge boxing fan and am very excited for tonight. It is going to be a great fight because all Mayorga does is come forwrd and throw bombs, his power is not overrated, watch the 1st forrest fight. Personally a hate DLH, and would love to see mayorga KHTFO. However, lets face it, any knowledgable boxing fan know Mayorga is not on DLH's level. If mayorga wins it will be a lucky punch. I say Oscar stops him late, lets say round 10. However if DLH wins and goes on to Floyd Mayweather, he will get absolutely crushed.
Can you give us round by round analyis?
Old 05-06-2006, 07:31 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We should get an official boxing talk thread up for serious boxing fans. I wont start one unless people are interesed. Post if you want me to start it up.