Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2009, 12:15 AM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I know you weren't talking to me but w/e. He didn't get open, he was smothered all day by Chris Gamble, they shaded safety help over and DeSean didn't do much at WR. Everywhere else? That is a different story, he had 148 all purpose yards.

EDIT: And if anything Jackon's stats will go up, Kolb force feeds him the ball.
Thanks Thumper, I appreciate the feedback. From a team perspective, that's great when he's drawing defenders to his direction. I wouldn't expect McNabb to force feed him. Was anyone emerging as the second WR threat and beating defenders? That's what happened at Cal when Desean faced multiple defenders: Lavelle Hawkins and Robert Jordan saw lots of single coverage and Desean's production went down as a result. I'm not terribly worried about Desean's production, it'll be there over the course of the season, but I think he understands it's about winning games. He has a lot of experience in not getting force fed. Haven't seen Kolb, but it's natural for any untested QB to go to rely on his top playmaker and I have no doubt that Desean's in his ear to throw him the ball. :) He probably has his next three td's celebrations figured out.

That punt return was smooth and sweet though. One step to the right to draw the defenders, and it was almost all over. Regardless of whether he gets into the endzone, he chages the game by giving the Eagles good field position on special teams.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote