Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2007, 11:24 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 2nd deck at Stanford Stadium
Posts: 8,112
Reputation: 1782109
niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
Id like a Denver fans opinion. Does this trade open up trading routes for possibly Julius Jones (I dunno if hes on the block or not, but i heard a rumor that he was) or Willis McGahee?
also thomas jones and jamal lewis
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:46 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,992
Reputation: 6046786
njx9 has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticaLion View Post
That may be true, but having stats/a logical reason for something holds more weight than saying "I know more than you about everything, so you're wrong".
i have never implied that i know more than you about anything other than the broncos as a team, which is indisputable fact. again, you're quoting a single statistic, games started, and when i quote it back in a different context, you can't even fabricate a response, so you try to ignore it. again, denver has made the playoffs 3/4 years in which plummer has started all but 5 games (and only missed in the season he didn't start all 16). by your bizarre logic, that makes him one of the best qb's in the league. again, don't selectively use moronic stats and then try to ignore them when they don't fit.

again, ephraim salaam started 30/30 games for two years in denver in which clinton portis ran for 1500 yards and about 1600 yards, both better totals than in any season foster manned the position. by your logic, not only is salaam a better RT than foster, he's also one of the best RTs in the league. again, verifiably untrue.

i have no idea what you want me to point out here. he was BENCHED this season. he only played because meadows was hurt and we had no viable back-up. get that through your thick head. he was a back up for all intents and purposes this season. or just keep quoting starts as if it's the only meaningful fact that anyone has brought to this argument even though you refuse to respond to a single argument using your precious stat in which it's clearly being misued in the exact same context.

we won't even mention bell again, because you seem to think a 4.9 yard per carry average is far more important than being benched for fumbling in crucial situations and being injury prone. but hey, what do i know. i mean, i only WATCHED the guys. you quoted STATS.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:39 AM    (permalink
goblue8888
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 197
Reputation: -384
goblue8888 smells like sex panther.goblue8888 smells like sex panther.
Default

Denver will get one of macgahhe,lewis ,green or jones imo. I also think we get graham which will also bolster the run game.

Last edited by goblue8888 : 03-02-2007 at 12:47 AM.
goblue8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:43 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,992
Reputation: 6046786
njx9 has disabled reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue8888 View Post
We will get one of macgahhe,lewis ,green or jones imo. I also think we get graham which will also bolster the run game.
who is we? denver? if so, i think you're deluded.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:48 AM    (permalink
goblue8888
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 197
Reputation: -384
goblue8888 smells like sex panther.goblue8888 smells like sex panther.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
who is we? denver? if so, i think you're deluded.
No i'am not everyone says we dont have cap space but every year they say that and we still sign people or trade for them.
goblue8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:01 AM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,992
Reputation: 6046786
njx9 has disabled reputation
Default

why would we sign an over the hill or over priced running back when there are several backs who would fit our system well in the draft? i also don't understand why we'd sign graham, when we already have alexander.
njx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:13 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,705
Reputation: 68586
jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I'm a Denver fan, and I agree with njx9 that Foster is a backup OL at best. He got benched last year because his play in games and practice was horrible, and if it weren't for Adam Meadows getting hurt, Foster would never have been back on the field. Foster is also responsible for Cutler's concussion against the 49ers, Foster giving one of his "Ole" blocks. Foster does not pass block very well and is adequate at best in the running game. Denver got most of its yards running to the left side of the line, not the right. I think people just see "Denver OT" and "Former 1st round pick" and think he is actually a very good OT when he is not.
As for Tatum Bell, if he is such a good back, why did he have more fumbles than touchdowns last year? He has been hurt every year in the league, and I have no idea where it came from that he has good hands. He was hardly used as a receiver in Denver. He also has no vision, and no "power" to fight through a tackle or two. Isn't it funny Shanahan preferred an undrafted rookie RB in Mike Bell over Tatum Bell late in the season?
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:17 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,705
Reputation: 68586
jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
why would we sign an over the hill or over priced running back when there are several backs who would fit our system well in the draft? i also don't understand why we'd sign graham, when we already have alexander.
I don't know about you, but I think we need an experienced back. Anyways, I'd be more comfortable. However, I don't really like anyone we are supposedly going after.
Lewis? Yuck
Green? No thanks, too old
McGahee? Heck no

As for Graham, he is a terrific blocking TE and would allow us to actually get rid of 2 of the TE's on our roster so we can use those spots for other needs. In a way, Graham > Alexander. However, I do not want him for the money he is likely to command, which is ridiculous if you ask me. Like $10 mil guaranteed and $5 mil per year average.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:46 AM    (permalink
goblue8888
Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 197
Reputation: -384
goblue8888 smells like sex panther.goblue8888 smells like sex panther.
Default

Graham will come here cheaper
goblue8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,035
Reputation: 50840
Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

im sorry, i may just not be seeing it, but what are the minuses to McGahee? Hes young, a solid runner, and will most likely be better than most anyone you can get in the draft. (Ok Lynch might be better but youd have to trade up to get him) Also the maturity issues really isnt a problem since you guys have a veteran such as Rod Smith who can help keep him in line.
__________________
Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin


In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 10:02 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,705
Reputation: 68586
jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i wouldn't say maturity isn't an issue anywhere. maturity failed maurice clarett, dale carter and daryl gardner in denver (just for a few examples). i'm not sold on mcgahee as a cutback runner in denver's system, he's coming off two sub-4ypc seasons, he has an injury history, rumor (and please correct me, this is complete hearsay) has it that he didn't try very hard and that he didn't hit holes as hard as he needed to. the last one is the most damning in my mind. if true, then he's no better here than tatum was.
Those points make me question McGahee. Heck, he didn't even get 1,000 yards last year and I hear Anthony Thomas performed better than he did in Buffalo. I think he still lives on the Miami hype when he was predicted to be a top 5 pick before his injury. He has one decent season and 2 subpar seasons. The only positive is he is still young, 25, and could get under track in Denver, but I'm skeptical.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,035
Reputation: 50840
Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

But for a third you could possibly get a stud. I dunno. McGahee looks attractive to me for the Broncos, but I dont understand their running attack so my opinion is moot. Regardless, i think its a viable option to look at.
__________________
Bears fan

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin


In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.