Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 09-07-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Injured QB Cassel returns to Chiefs practice
Old 09-07-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

It's good to see him back out there, I have a feeling that he is going to do whatever it takes to get on the field Sunday.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs' defense may not be as offensive as in 2008
Old 09-08-2009, 01:01 AM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Yes that has been the bright spot of the preseason so far. If we can at least earn a league average in sacks that would be great compared to last year.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
Old 09-09-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the biggest thing that will help the defense is the offense being more efficient. I think it's a good thing that the Chiefs don't have a lot of homerun threats on offense because their defense has a ways to go before it's ready to shoulder the load a high-powered offense puts on its defense.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Cassel says he's ready to go, but Chiefs waiting to decide

I think he will play but I'm not sure its a good idea.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

Quote:
Cassel says he's ready to go, but Chiefs waiting to decide

I think he will play but I'm not sure its a good idea.
I agree, I think he will be the starting QB.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:09 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

NFL.com

Despite proclaiming that his sprained left knee “feels pretty good” earlier this week, QB Matt Cassel will likely be a game-time decision against the Ravens on Sunday.

“I think this is something that will go down to the wire with the quarterback,” Chiefs coach Todd Haley said Thursday. “On game day, we’ll still be trying to figure it out.”

Cassel, who has practiced all week in a limited role, is officially listed as questionable on the Chiefs’ injury report, as is starting CB Brandon Flowers (shoulder).

Old 09-11-2009, 05:22 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be kind of worried about putting Cassel behind our line, unless that new RT is killing it in practice.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

They are going to have a hard time winning with or with out him I think they should just hold him out one more week.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to the Chiefs depth chart (as of right now, I have no idea when it was updated..) it has DJ as 3rd for the LILB spot. Is this just not updated, or is that actually where they're expecting him to play?

Any insight?

Old 09-11-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
According to the Chiefs depth chart (as of right now, I have no idea when it was updated..) it has DJ as 3rd for the LILB spot. Is this just not updated, or is that actually where they're expecting him to play?

Any insight?
They have had both DJ and Page running with the second team I think it is just more of what they did with Bo.
Old 09-11-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
They have had both DJ and Page running with the second team I think it is just more of what they did with Bo.
Ahh, well I hope so. They're two of our better defenders.

Old 09-11-2009, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

With us playing the 3-4 pretty much all our LB's will see the field so even if DJ doesn't start I look for him to get alot playing time.

As for Page I don't know what is going on there the only thing I can think of is with our CB's being so young they feel better having vet FS/SS?

I think when all is said and down they will both be starting but this coaching staff is hard nosed if they don't feel your doing enough your not playing.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ny-other-team/

"Kansas City is the only team in the league that hasn't reached the minimum spending floor mandated under the Collective Bargaining Agreement. The Chiefs are a whopping $7 million short of spending 87.6 percent of their cap total on player salaries, which is the required floor.

G.M. Scott Pioli is going to have to find some young Chiefs he wants to invest in long-term before the end of the season hits."
Old 09-12-2009, 08:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:

"Kansas City is the only team in the league that hasn't reached the minimum spending floor mandated under the Collective Bargaining Agreement. The Chiefs are a whopping $7 million short of spending 87.6 percent of their cap total on player salaries, which is the required floor.

G.M. Scott Pioli is going to have to find some young Chiefs he wants to invest in long-term before the end of the season hits."
Resign DJ before the end of the season!

Old 09-12-2009, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Resign DJ before the end of the season!
I believe only Page and DJ are in contract years out of notable players?

Last edited by Splat : 09-12-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

Quote:

Wow I didn't know that you had to do that. That's crazy.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJHawk50 View Post
Wow I didn't know that you had to do that. That's crazy.
Its the NFL's way of trying to keep all teams competitive as possible they don't want it to get like baseball where some teams have no chance *cough* Royals *cough*.

I'm not 100% what happens if you don't do it I'm sure some kinda of fine will be handed out.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
I believe only Page and DJ are in contract years out of notable players?
As far as I know they are, but I'd have to research it. They're the only two that come to mind, and if we do happen to have the opportunity to draft Eric Berry then I see Page being pretty expendable anyway, so here is to hoping it's DJ.

Old 09-13-2009, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Falcons' Gonzalez reaches 11,000 yards receiving
Old 09-14-2009, 09:14 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just heard we signed Bobby Wade
Old 09-14-2009, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I just heard we signed Bobby Wade
Not a bad move he could help in the slot.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:20 PM    (permalink
BoneKrusher
DC GFX Team
Pro Bowler

BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not a bad move he could help in the slot.
and hes a good kick returner.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Who is no longer on the team to make room for him?