Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

View Poll Results: Who will Win the AFC East?
Bills 3 60.00%
Patriots 2 40.00%
Dolphins 0 0%
Jets 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-28-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Y'all believe Weddle can play corner now?

I'd like to see him as an option.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Y'all believe Weddle can play corner now?

I'd like to see him as an option.
That's been a thought of mine for a while. I've liked his chances at corner and he was one of my more favored options if we go for a CB.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Same opinion here, like Hargrove, think Anderson is a waste of roster space.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
essential
Rookie

essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like hargrove, i would have rather let him start at LE with denney and save the money we spent on kelsay.

anderson could still be cut before camp with no penalties or cap hits, maybe they are just hoping someone else trys to sign him so they get a pick? he was obviously on his way out toward the end of the season.
UDFA: Chris Burnette (OG) | FA: Jermaine Gresham (TE)

This is the NFL draft, not a boyscout draft.

essential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
drmoyer421
Rookie

drmoyer421 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I heard an interview on Sirius radio with Antonio Pittman. He basically said that he was a Bills fan growing up and tries to imitate his game like Thurman Thomas.

I know there are backs that maybe better than Pittman out there in the draft, but finally a kid that is OPPOSITE than McGAhee, one that would LOVE to play for Buffalo.

Just think Thomas was a second rounder, Pittman could be too
drmoyer421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:43 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Well I hope we plan on upgrading Anderson and I really don't like Shaud at all. I don't think that we will re-sign A-Train now because we are going to draft a RB on the first day I think. Who knows though with the Kelsay re-signing.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

DWhitner20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Chris Kelsay and Jabari Greer re-signed (MERGED)

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4638

Good news imo, I've liked this kid from the point he made the team as an undrafted rookie fa.
DWhitner20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:54 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's alright. I still remember we put him on Chambers in the fins comeback game last year and he just got destroyed on a jump ball to win the game. I don't care much for Kiwaukee, but we're in talks with him currently as well.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:47 PM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran

bills_red needs more cowbell.
Default Bills release S Bowen and OL Villarrial

http://fflivewire.com/Article.asp?ID=312007fcx2877cy

Bills release S Bowen and OL Villarrial
Written by: - ffLiveWire - 3/1/2007
Source:
Bills released veteran offensive lineman Chris Villarrial and safety Matt Bowen Thursday.
bills_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran

I have no prob with the cuts. Bowen never saw much playing time I think and Villarrial is just getting old and had knee problems.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:55 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This isnt really a surprise at all and Im in favor of both these cuts.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Great Signing.

Hes excellent corner depth and one of the Bills community leaders.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I never liked Bowen at all and Villarrial was completely expected.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:42 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default OG Jason Whittle (Vikings) to visit Friday

Bills | Whittle will visit team Friday
Thu, 1 Mar 2007 22:43:52 -0800

Judd Zulgad, of the Star Tribune, reports free agent OG Jason Whittle (Vikings) will visit the Buffalo Bills Friday, March 2.

Discuss.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 07:32 AM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran

http://billsdaily.com/news/index.shtml#030207
Report Says Bills Hit Market Early: A report from NFL Network's Adam Schefter says the Bills have hit the market quickly this year and have signed veteran offensive tackle Jason Whittle. He's a seven year veteran who has started 42 games in his career including 16 starts with the Giants in 2004. He also played for the Bucaneers in 2003 and the Vikings last year.

Never heard of him before, so don't know what to think.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:35 AM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran

Found here
http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=60363

From ESPN.com:

Whittle understand the mantra that the more you can do the longer you will be around. Whittle has learned to continue his career as a professional football player and plays multiple positions as well as contribute in a variety of ways on special teams. Whittle is able to play all five positions on the offensive line and is an intelligent player that uses angles to his advantage against defenders. He works hard to use great technique using hand placement and leverage to wall off opponents, but he lacks the power to move defenders and expand the hole. This lack of lower-leg strength is also evident when Whittle faces two-gap defensive linemen that are able to stalemate him at the point of attack and shed him to make plays. Whittle does a nice job in space engulfing linebackers at the second level when pulling. When asked to start at guard this season for Minnesota the Vikings actually fared better up front with Whittle in the game. In pass protection, Whittle does a very good job working his hips and feet together with average punch but good hand placement re-directing the pass rusher. Along with decent size Whittle brings versatility, football smarts and deceptive athleticism for an offensive lineman that will allow this veteran to continue to make a roster, get on the field and contribute
Old 03-02-2007, 11:16 AM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

Good Depth signing.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:16 AM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

Default OL, Langston Walker(Raiders) to vist

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4643
Old 03-02-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Primarily for depth I hope. That leaves us with Preston, Whittle, Merz, Reyes and Butler that can play the G position.

We still need more quality out of that position.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think our T position is pretty good as of now. Jason Peters is an up and coming talent and the backbone of our line. Terrence Pennington played very well for a 7th Rd. draft pick last year and the staff is pretty high on Brad Butler. Adding Walker would give us quality depth.

Peters-?-Fowler-?-Butler
Pennington-Reyes-Preston-Whittle-Walker
Merz

I'd be pretty elated if we answered our starting G positons through the draft or RFA. Ben Grubbs or Aaron Sears in Round 2? Jakes Scott or Ryan Lilja in RFA?
Old 03-02-2007, 11:56 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's with the Bills interest in our players? First it was Sands, and now Walker.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Default Dockery to visit Buffalo

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4645

Seems like the offensive line is a big priority for Marv Levy and the boys.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

*Trade McGahee for a mid 2nd rounder*

1st-Alan Branch-DT Michigan
2nd-Aaron Sears-RG Tennessee
2nd-Jason Hill-WR Washington St.
3rd-Brandon Jackson-RB Nebraska
4th-Tim Shaw-OLB Penn St.
6th-Jeff Rowe-QB Nevada
7th-T.J. Downing-RG Ohio St.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

Dockery, this is a guy I want bad I really hope we get a deal done with him today.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:22 PM    (permalink
DBeebe82

The possibility of having Peters and Dockery on the left side is making me drool.