Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 04-29-2009, 12:23 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Official 2010 Redskins Draft Thread

The 09 Draft is officially in the books. I like to take an early look at the following year draft to get a feel for what positions might be of most interest and also take a look at guys that are intriguing so that I can be sure to keep any eye out on them and others throughout the college year.

As of now I would think that QB, RB, OT, and LB. Campbell could surprise or maybe Colt surprises but either way I don't think Campbell resigns after this year so we'll probably need either an early QB or mid round QB to add to the roster next year. I love Portis but the reality is that he will be 29 at the start of the 2011 season so adding some young talent might not be a bad idea. Offensive tackle and linebacker I think are pretty obvious concerns.

Here are some guys I like right now. I'm sure this list will change throughout the season.

Early QBs
Sam Bradford, Okl
Jevon Snead, Mississippi*
Colt McCoy, Texas

Mid Round QBs
Zac Robinson, Oklahoma State
Dan Lefevour, Central Michigan

Early RBs
Jahvid Best, Cal*
Jonathan Dwyer, Georgia Tech*
LeGarrette Blount, Oregon

Mid Round RBs
Chris Brown, Oklahoma
Stafon Johnson, USC

Early LBs
Travis Lewis, Oklahoma*
Brandon Spikes, Florida
Quan Sturdivant, UNC*
Rolando McClain, Alabama

Mid Round LBs
Stevenson Sylvester, Utah
Luthur Brown, USC
Old 04-30-2009, 12:25 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think OT will be the biggest need next year. Samuels continues to decline, Jansen is basically done, and I'm not counting on Heyer being anything above average for his career.

Also, we did not address this at all this offseason. No young talent was added to the OT spots on this team. Thats my biggest complaint right now.

Also, if Campbell is gone that means we have a young QB under center (Brennan or draft pick) and they will absolutely need protection to be successful in their first year.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:28 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick

Sergio Kindle FTW!!!

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
toddmlazarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:27 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
I think OT will be the biggest need next year. Samuels continues to decline, Jansen is basically done, and I'm not counting on Heyer being anything above average for his career.

Also, we did not address this at all this offseason. No young talent was added to the OT spots on this team. Thats my biggest complaint right now.

Also, if Campbell is gone that means we have a young QB under center (Brennan or draft pick) and they will absolutely need protection to be successful in their first year.
I dont agree on the Samuels quote,he is still one of the best,until he got injured him and kendall were great,especially in the run game.
Wasnt he invited to the pro-bowl?

Although vinny catches alot of flack for the non drafting of linemen, i have heard Bugel was impressed with mike Williams' workout and was not interested in any draftees.
Just like last year when Blache liked merling and trevor laws and when they were gone did not want anyone else.
I think you have to look at Bugel and Blache as much as vinny.
We will soon see if rinehart and clark can develop into capable depth and who knows with Williams-at first i thought it was a poor joke.
I'd love the un-drafted Heyor to beat out Jansen but you know how our coaches feel about the vets.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:47 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well we disagree that Samuels is still one of the best. I think he's OK over there right now, but you cannot deny he's getting older.

Thats where the injuries you said come in. Its part of getting older and it can slow you down later in your career. You can't deny Samuels is on the downside of his career. The fact is he won't get any better, only worse (or injured) each year.

There is no future replacement for him in place. That's my biggest complaint right now.

Mike Williams is just this year's Erasmus James. I'd be elated if it worked out, but I'm not counting on anything from him. The skins have to bring guys like that in and be creative because they don't have the draft picks to bring in legit young guys.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:21 AM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Good thread, never too early haha.

Defense looks stacked for this draft.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:35 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After a few preseason games, I think its safe to say that OLine and QB may turn out being our two biggest needs next year. It sure feels and looks like Orakpo is the real deal, Jeremy Jarmon has been very impressive and looks like he could prove to be well worth the 3rd round supplemental draft spot, and I get the sense that Kelly and Thomas are making great strides at WR as well as Marko. CB could become a concern depending on what happens with Carlos Rogers but right now I would say OT, C, and QB are at the top of my wishlist. Colt's still got two preaseason games to turn things around and theres no way to tell what will happen during the season but either way I just don't see Campbell as the Skins longterm solution so drafting a qb next year is almost a guarantee unless we trade for one.

I've done some more research on QBs and have adjusted my big board accordingly.

1. Sam Bradford - What's not to like about this guy. Incredible accuracy, good size, great decision making, good arm. I'm praying that we win enough games to take ourselves out of the Bradford equation but you never know so he gets the top spot on the board.

2. Colt McCoy - Most people will have Snead ahead of McCoy. It's very close for me. McCoy has got a ton of experience and some of the best intangibles in the draft class. The question marks will come for McCoy on whether his success is due to a qb friendly offense. I think McCoys got it personally. At Texas, McCoy takes a lot of passing plays form shotgun and doesnt get a lot of exposure reading defenses dropping back and making vertical throws. His accuracy though is good, his arm strength more than adequate, and he has a real quick release.

3. Jevon Snead - He doesnt have ideal size but he is real quick on his feet and has a rocket for an arm. Needs to work some on his accuracy and his footwork this year but has the kind of winning attitude and competitiveness that I like.

4. Tim Hiller (RD 3)- Huge arm and great size. Probably the strongest arm in the draft for quarterbacks. I like this kid a lot. He's smart as hell. The guy graduated in 3 years with a 4.0 and a business degree and is in his second year of grad school. He's tough as nails and is a good decision maker although he probably takes more chances than he should against lower competition. His release isnt as quick as some of the other guys but he makes good reads. He's not the most mobile qb either.

5. Dan LeFevour (RD 4) - This guy is a game manager. He knows how to read a defense and is as strong a competitor as they come. His arm strength isn't elite but it is above average and strong enough for the NFL level. He has a good quick release but could be better moving in the pocket. He is mobile in the pocket and can get the first down with his feet but could be better throwing on the run.

6. Tony Pike (RD 5) - Pike could be a fast riser with a good campaign this year. He lacks experience but played well last year as a first year starter. He has great height but doesn't necessarily have the arm strength youd expect because he needs to add muscle. His biggest concern is his consistency. At times last year he looked amazing but struggled against tougher competition. He's definitely a guy to watch as he could move up boards quickly if he shows a lot of progression since last year and is probably best fit for the WCO.

7. Zac Robinson (RD 5) - Tough QB to figure out. He does a lot of things well but nothing exceptional. More of a slants and quick hit qb than a down field threat. He's another guy that needs to add weight but hes tough for his size and is a hard worker.

I'll breakdown OLine later.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:14 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

Yea if they don't resign JC and Colt hasn't impressed or broken out or whatever, I have to think we go QB early in this one.

If we assume for now that JC won't be back, I can see Snyder trading up if he has to, to get the QB that he desires.

Got to think Bradford goes 1 or close to it, so we can't get him. Snead or McCoy the next Redskins QB possibly?
Old 08-27-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, you guys will need to go QB, RB or OL in Round 1.

But since the subject is on QB... I really expect this guy to rise up the boards this year and here's the reason why I like him for you.

Jarrett Brown, QB, West Virginia - 6'4", 222

I'm going to assume though that Zorn is still the coach. With that in mind, he'll be looking for a QB who will run his WCO. A guy who stands tall in the pocket, but can think on his feet... has a strong arm who can fit the ball in tight spaces with accuracy. Can whip the ball to his receiver while on the run.

Brown has all of those things. He oozes athleticism. He's still a bit of a wild stallion and I want to see him go through his progressions better. ...and he'll need to make an adjustment from taking the ball from center when he reaches the pros. But Zorn loves wild stallion types. Loves to mold them.

Unlike Pat White, Brown can make all the NFL throws, has prototypical NFL size and QB moxie. Not sure he is a leader like White yet though.

Reminds me of a young Donovan McNabb.

He's even a baller.

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Yeah, you guys will need to go QB, RB or OL in Round 1.

But since the subject is on QB... I really expect this guy to rise up the boards this year and here's the reason why I like him for you.

Jarrett Brown, QB, West Virginia - 6'4", 222

I'm going to assume though that Zorn is still the coach. With that in mind, he'll be looking for a QB who will run his WCO. A guy who stands tall in the pocket, but can think on his feet... has a strong arm who can fit the ball in tight spaces with accuracy. Can whip the ball to his receiver while on the run.

Brown has all of those things. He oozes athleticism. He's still a bit of a wild stallion and I want to see him go through his progressions better. ...and he'll need to make an adjustment from taking the ball from center when he reaches the pros. But Zorn loves wild stallion types. Loves to mold them.

Unlike Pat White, Brown can make all the NFL throws, has prototypical NFL size and QB moxie. Not sure he is a leader like White yet though.

Reminds me of a young Donovan McNabb.

He's even a baller.

If this discussion is pre-tensed on the fact that Campbell is not the answer, it likely means we didn't make the playoffs/do well during the season. And if that happens, there's no chance Zorn stays. Especially with names like Mike Shanahan and Bill Cowher on the coaching free agent market.

On the QB discussion, I'm a big fan of both McCoy and Snead. So if the Redskins were to draft either QB, I'd be a very happy fan. Of course we would also have to look on the FA market for a stopgap veteran QB to use in case a QB we draft doesn't seem developed/mature enough to start Week 1 of the '10-'11 season.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HChu View Post
If this discussion is pre-tensed on the fact that Campbell is not the answer, it likely means we didn't make the playoffs/do well during the season. And if that happens, there's no chance Zorn stays. Especially with names like Mike Shanahan and Bill Cowher on the coaching free agent market.

On the QB discussion, I'm a big fan of both McCoy and Snead. So if the Redskins were to draft either QB, I'd be a very happy fan. Of course we would also have to look on the FA market for a stopgap veteran QB to use in case a QB we draft doesn't seem developed/mature enough to start Week 1 of the '10-'11 season.
I could see you guys being very happy with a lot of QBs... Bradford, McCoy, Snead... heck, even Tebow! lol.

Brown is a guy for you in Rnd 2 or 3 if you decide to go a position other than QB in Round 1.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:42 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we NEED to draft a rb in round 1 or 2.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:57 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
we NEED to draft a rb in round 1 or 2.
id prefer oline and qb in the first two rounds and rb next year. we could always go after a change of pace in fa like norwood, sproles, heck even willie parker.

i like what i read on jarret brown. ill be watching him close this year.
Old 08-29-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

I don't believe in drafting rb's in round 1 or round 2 unless its someone special. You can always pick up someone solid in the late rounds or FA. The career of a RB is just too short to invest a rd 1 pick IMO (make exceptions for guys like AP, LT, etc...).

Their learning curve is also pretty short, there's always some no name RB's having good years that take over for the starter. RB's rely so much on the O-line, I'd rather invest in them. Their avg career span is much longer and they are most likely going to be cheaper per year.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

BIG EAST WEEK 2 OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: West Virginia quarterback Jarrett Brown was named BIG EAST Offensive Player of the Week after he had 407 yards of total offense to key West Virginia’s 35-20 win against East Carolina. He completed 24 of 31 passes for career highs of 334 yards and four touchdowns and added 73 rushing yards on 10 attempts. Brown had a hand in 80 percent of West Virginia’s 509 total yards against the Pirates and became just the fourth Mountaineer player in history to register 400 yards of offense in a game.

Just sayin'.... :)
Old 09-15-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fck what anyone else thinks, I want Colt McCoy. His quick release, precision passing, and mobility in the pocket is exactly what we need. It doesn't matter if he doesn't have elite arm strength none of our receivers excluding Moss are deep threats. We have guys who can work the middle regardless of if Zorn and his offense is back. He can move in the pocket and throw on the run, that's what we need. I don't like Snead. He reminds me of Charlie Whitehurst.

Here's my dream draft for 2010:

1st: Colt McCoy
2nd: Ciron Black
3rd: Sean Lee
4th: Greg Middleton
5th: Javier Arenas
6th: Javarris James
7th: Rashawn Jackson

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 09-15-2009 at 05:10 PM.
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Fck what anyone else thinks, I want Colt McCoy. His quick release, precision passing, and mobility in the pocket is exactly what we need. It doesn't matter if he doesn't have elite arm strength none of our receivers excluding Moss are deep threats. We have guys who can work the middle regardless of if Zorn and his offense is back. He can move in the pocket and throw on the run, that's what we need. I don't like Snead. He reminds me of Charlie Whitehurst.

Here's my dream draft for 2010:

1st: Colt McCoy
2nd: Ciron Black
3rd: Sean Lee
4th: Greg Middleton
5th: Javier Arenas
6th: Javarris James
7th: Rashawn Jackson
That would be a great draft. You should be in position to get McCoy if you want him. ... Leave Ciron Black alone. He wants to be a Cowboy. ;)
Old 09-16-2009, 06:58 AM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

That is a dream draft,it would be great to pick up Black in round 2.

However,here comes the nightmare-the skins dont have a third round pick(Jarmon pick)or a sixth rounder(jason taylor).This is the skins we are talking about.

If we want McCoy then most likely we have to throw in our second rounder as well as our first to move up to get him.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:15 AM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

McCoy would be nice, as well as Black. I'd do that draft.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:34 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treyskins View Post
That is a dream draft,it would be great to pick up Black in round 2.

However,here comes the nightmare-the skins dont have a third round pick(Jarmon pick)or a sixth rounder(jason taylor).This is the skins we are talking about.

If we want McCoy then most likely we have to throw in our second rounder as well as our first to move up to get him.
Yup my bad forgot all about Jarmon, well I think he's going to develop into a decent starter down the line. Anyways all I would care about would be getting Colt, Black, and Arenas who would finally give us a dynamite PR and can also be depth at corner. Also I'm not so sure that we don't get Colt where we are. We aren't making the playoffs, and if we win the 6-8 games that I am predicting we should be picking in the 10-17 range. Right now Bradford is definitely #1 and Snead probably #2, and all it takes is one team to think Tebow is God and he could go before Colt. If we can't get Colt someone in the 2nd round I'd love is Dan Lefevour or Tony Pike whichever one's stock rises higher. Personally I'm a huge Pike fan. He has a nice frame, nice zip on his throws, and nice pocket presence. He's like Joe Flacco minus the same arm strength. As for mid round prospects D has mentioned Brown a lot but I want to see him perform against top competition. If he does he could be a day 1 pick. Rusty Smith would also warrant a mid round pick.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Yup my bad forgot all about Jarmon, well I think he's going to develop into a decent starter down the line. Anyways all I would care about would be getting Colt, Black, and Arenas who would finally give us a dynamite PR and can also be depth at corner. Also I'm not so sure that we don't get Colt where we are. We aren't making the playoffs, and if we win the 6-8 games that I am predicting we should be picking in the 10-17 range. Right now Bradford is definitely #1 and Snead probably #2, and all it takes is one team to think Tebow is God and he could go before Colt. If we can't get Colt someone in the 2nd round I'd love is Dan Lefevour or Tony Pike whichever one's stock rises higher. Personally I'm a huge Pike fan. He has a nice frame, nice zip on his throws, and nice pocket presence. He's like Joe Flacco minus the same arm strength. As for mid round prospects D has mentioned Brown a lot but I want to see him perform against top competition. If he does he could be a day 1 pick. Rusty Smith would also warrant a mid round pick.

pike reminds me of campbell and brown plays auburn (woo woo!) this week. and i think colt would be perfect for our offense.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
pike reminds me of campbell and brown plays auburn (woo woo!) this week. and i think colt would be perfect for our offense.
McCoy would be good for THIS offense, but I dunno about Shannahan's...:D

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:27 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HChu View Post
McCoy would be good for THIS offense, but I dunno about Shannahan's...:D

hahah too true..

im still banking on campbell having a breakout year with randel el and cooley having most of the receiving yards. and moss having a down year. i just think everyone is being too negative towards the team, it was the first game of the year and it was against one of the best teams in the league. once we fix some kinks and **** i think we can get on a roll.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:18 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
BIG EAST WEEK 2 OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK: West Virginia quarterback Jarrett Brown was named BIG EAST Offensive Player of the Week after he had 407 yards of total offense to key West Virginia’s 35-20 win against East Carolina. He completed 24 of 31 passes for career highs of 334 yards and four touchdowns and added 73 rushing yards on 10 attempts. Brown had a hand in 80 percent of West Virginia’s 509 total yards against the Pirates and became just the fourth Mountaineer player in history to register 400 yards of offense in a game.

Just sayin'.... :)
anywhere i can see highlights of the game? those are some nasty stats and everything ive read about the game says brown was awesome. JB is quickly rising up my board.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I go to WV and have been to both games. JB is a great college qb, a man amongst boys literally at this point. He really does have a great arm and can make almost any throw. I respect the hell out of him for never transferring when he easily could have been starting 3 years somewhere else. He has deceptive speed if he really wanted to he could probably run a 4.4 4.5 at worst. We will see how he develops as a pro prospect as the year goes on but right now I couldn't see him going any higher than the 2nd round.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote