Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-16-2009, 02:57 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He had to go to the ground with the ball, so technically the overturning was correct, but I don't know if the shoe was on the other foot I'd be pissed, so it is what it is.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On a side note i thought the pairing of Steve Young and Golic is far superior to Jaws and Chucky.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
On a side note i thought the pairing of Steve Young and Golic is far superior to Jaws and Chucky.
No way Jaws is the best in the biz and Gruden was born for it too. The Mikes and Young were stepping all over each other and repeating themselves the whole night.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
No way Jaws is the best in the biz and Gruden was born for it too. The Mikes and Young were stepping all over each other and repeating themselves the whole night.
Agreed, 100%. Mike and Mike and Steve were awful to listen to and Jaws is the best in the buisness.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Agreed, 100%. Mike and Mike and Steve were awful to listen to and Jaws is the best in the buisness.
I guess i liked Golic calling a penalty terrible. Most of these guys in the booth wouldnt say #### if they had a mouth full. Steve Young had a great insight on everything QB when it came to JaMarcus Russell. That's why Baskin Robins has whatever many flavors i guess.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guess i liked Golic calling a penalty terrible. Most of these guys in the booth wouldnt say #### if they had a mouth full. Steve Young had a great insight on everything QB when it came to JaMarcus Russell. That's why Baskin Robins has whatever many flavors i guess.
I like Steve's analysis also but he and Golic kept talking over each other and I just couldn't take it anymore.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Towards the end of the game Young was devising the politest ways I've ever heard to say that Jamarcus was sucking big time. But then he hit that bomb. I'd have laughed if my head weren't stuck in a wall directly afterwards.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Towards the end of the game Young was devising the politest ways I've ever heard to say that Jamarcus was sucking big time. But then he hit that bomb. I'd have laughed if my head weren't stuck in a wall directly afterwards.
That was funny but in hindsight Russell was still lousy, good for you guys.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gruden has turned into one of my favorite announcers. He actually knows what the hell he is talking about and is bearable to listen to.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly didn't mind both groups of announcers, chucky and co. were definitely better than mike, mike and young, but I didn't mind that combo either, provided they gel and stop talking over one another.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Just a picture i got from the chargers board

refs got the call correct?

just one of those tricky situations couldve gone either way

Is it possible that is photoshopped? Didn't see an image that good during the game, but I guess it's possible they didn't have that shot. It just looked like the ball slipped when it hit the ground, but judging from that pic it would of been kinda hard to pick the ball back up as fast and natural as he did in real life if it was all the way dislodged from his body.

I do think the call was right, tough one to make, but I probably would of went with the call on the field, unless they did have a view like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:07 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Combo of Gruden, Jaws, and Young. Though they are all qbs, so it might not work out. Maybe throw in a defensive guy in there and make it interesting.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Best in the Biz? Gus Johnson says hello.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:29 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Best in the Biz? Gus Johnson says hello.
to Jaws, the best in the biz.

!!!!!
Old 09-17-2009, 03:21 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
to Jaws, the best in the biz.

!!!!!
I'm sorry, but Gus Johnson owns everyone.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:43 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Is it possible that is photoshopped? Didn't see an image that good during the game, but I guess it's possible they didn't have that shot. It just looked like the ball slipped when it hit the ground, but judging from that pic it would of been kinda hard to pick the ball back up as fast and natural as he did in real life if it was all the way dislodged from his body.

I do think the call was right, tough one to make, but I probably would of went with the call on the field, unless they did have a view like this.
They actually DID show this view on air. I saw it. He goes up, and as he falls down and hits the ground the ball starts moving, then it completely jars loose. The camera angle from the opposite corner of the end zone is the money shot, and the refs got it right.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:09 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I'm one of the only people here who cannot stand Jaws? Not sure what it is about him, something just isn't right with that dude.

I do like Gruden and I like Tirico. I do like Mike and Mike, I'm just not liking them on that medium. Steve Young knows what he's talking about so I never mind him calling a game.

Nothing, however, will replace Madden for me. I know a lot of people will vehemently disagree with this, but it's weird watching SNF/MNF without Madden in the booth.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:01 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
I guess I'm one of the only people here who cannot stand Jaws? Not sure what it is about him, something just isn't right with that dude.

I do like Gruden and I like Tirico. I do like Mike and Mike, I'm just not liking them on that medium. Steve Young knows what he's talking about so I never mind him calling a game.

Nothing, however, will replace Madden for me. I know a lot of people will vehemently disagree with this, but it's weird watching SNF/MNF without Madden in the booth.
I thought you said Jews at first and laughed really hard. Then my literacy kicked in and I was kind of meh
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:36 AM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
They actually DID show this view on air. I saw it. He goes up, and as he falls down and hits the ground the ball starts moving, then it completely jars loose. The camera angle from the opposite corner of the end zone is the money shot, and the refs got it right.
That shot was when he let go of the ball while getting up. While as a Raider fan i do not think it was a catch because i don't think he had full control when going to the ground, but that shot is so biased its not even funny.
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adrian Peterson "steals" Sidney Rice's car
Old 09-17-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
This made me chuckle.
Old 09-17-2009, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
That shot was when he let go of the ball while getting up. While as a Raider fan i do not think it was a catch because i don't think he had full control when going to the ground, but that shot is so biased its not even funny.
No that shot is 100% accurate they showed it on NFL Total Access last night during the "Official Review" segment with Mike Pereira. When Louis Murphy hit the the ground the ball shot out and actually went back in between his legs.

I guess the MNF brodcast didn't have the right angle because I never saw it like that when it aired. However when you watch the segment that NFL Network played it's clear as day that Louis Murphy most certainly didn't maintain control and it was not a catch.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:38 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
No that shot is 100% accurate they showed it on NFL Total Access last night during the "Official Review" segment with Mike Pereira. When Louis Murphy hit the the ground the ball shot out and actually went back in between his legs.

I guess the MNF brodcast didn't have the right angle because I never saw it like that when it aired. However when you watch the segment that NFL Network played it's clear as day that Louis Murphy most certainly didn't maintain control and it was not a catch.
They did show the full replay on MNF, where it clearly showed the result of the play. I believe they only aired it once though, but they did nonetheless.

Raiders fans need to get over it.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:49 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Quote:
Comment made on PFT
It's a good thing Sidney Rice knows how to take a joke.

If it was Marvin Harrison's car, someone might have gotten shot.
That was the best part of it all.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It really doesn't matter. All the matters is that Raider fan will still consider it some elaborate scheme to ultimately screw the Raiders franchise.