Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-21-2009, 10:55 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I love it. The kicker just gettin stared down. Though I'm not sure that's the best way to handle a kicker but whatever. In Randy we trust.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:28 AM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
BTW to those wanting to play the 'underdog role' the line just open with us a 4.5 point underdog against V-Tech.
i wonder what the basis for that is. I feel a pounding may be coming in the form of a hurricane this weekend.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:50 AM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get Jacory atleast 1 Heisman vote! http://promo.espn.go.com/espn/contes...smanvote/2009/

He's actually in 2nd place and only 5% behind Tebow

Sig by BoneKrusher
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:58 AM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any1 know how much Allen Bailey weighed in at before the season, or whenever they test? Cause it looks like the kids lean for a D-Lineman.

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:22 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
Any1 know how much Allen Bailey weighed in at before the season, or whenever they test? Cause it looks like the kids lean for a D-Lineman.

As for the line. Last I saw we were favored by 2.5

And I've still been seeing alot of writers picking us to lose.
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I love it. The kicker just gettin stared down. Though I'm not sure that's the best way to handle a kicker but whatever. In Randy we trust.
I love it too. It's not okay to do that to any kicker, but it's Bosher. We know by now what he's capable of and Randy's allowed to show disappointment in his reliable veteran kicker.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I love it too. It's not okay to do that to any kicker, but it's Bosher. We know by now what he's capable of and Randy's allowed to show disappointment in his reliable veteran kicker.
Especially after what Bosher has done, getting personal foul penalties, etc.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post

As for the line. Last I saw we were favored by 2.5

And I've still been seeing alot of writers picking us to lose.
290 and 7% body fat man that's insane.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Especially after what Bosher has done, getting personal foul penalties, etc.
I thought that personal foul was complete BS to be honest.

The flag came from Bosher dragging the guy down after they had both ran out of bounds. Bosher is a kicker. He doesn't do tackling drills. He hit the guy cleanly in bounds. He wasn't trying to hurt the guy. He was just trying to get himself upright and used the guy as a brace.

I thought the refs needed to give a little leeway based on the fact he's a kicker, he has no tackling technique whatsoever and he's way smaller then the guy he hit. Last thing he was trying to do was throw the guy down way out of bounds.

It wasn't a dumb play by Bosher, it was an inexperience play from a guy that shouldnt be having to make tackles.

And it's a play that I thought refs should have been more lenient with. Not just for us, but across the board.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:06 PM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini

Has Arthur Brown played yet ?
Old 09-22-2009, 07:36 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Oh God. Are you gonna ask this after every game this season?

He played ST. Just like he did against FSU.

Why on earth would they put him on the field over Sharpton who was the best defender on the field against GT.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:59 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellojello View Post
Randy Shannon strikes me as a smart coach, a sort of a win with class and lose with class guy. Obviously, winning is important, but I just feel that it's a little more than W's and L's with that guy and his players. Keep it going...Go Canes!
I wrote this based only on two interviews I heard before and after the Cal vs. Miami game last year, but I could sense this about Shannon. Tedford and Shannon have a lot in common in terms of dealing with personal adversity and using football to teach life lessons to their players: it's not just about winning for either of these guys, but both will win a lot of games. I just read this link right now about Shannon and I cried for almost the entire story: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...4/shannon0910/

It's long, but amazing.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:50 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellojello View Post
I wrote this based only on two interviews I heard before and after the Cal vs. Miami game last year, but I could sense this about Shannon. Tedford and Shannon have a lot in common in terms of dealing with personal adversity and using football to teach life lessons to their players: it's not just about winning for either of these guys, but both will win a lot of games. I just read this link right now about Shannon and I cried for almost the entire story: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...4/shannon0910/

It's long, but amazing.
Yeah, I've read that before. Great article.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I've read that before. Great article.
I know there are feel-good stories on just about every player, coach, etc., but there are facts that you simply cannot make up. All too often, coaches are judged only on W's and L's, but these are they guys society should be valuing in an ideal world. I have a newfound respect for him and the program. Good luck this year.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DT Marcus Fortson and DE Andrew Smith have been ruled out for Saturday's game against VA Tech.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
DT Marcus Fortson and DE Andrew Smith have been ruled out for Saturday's game against VA Tech.
Saw that. :(

Forston is going to hurt the most, and Smith hurts a little because of Depth concerns.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post

Forston is going to hurt the most, and Smith hurts a little because of Depth concerns.
Yea, the Fortson injury concerns me the most. VA Tech has a great running game so I hope someone will step up and contain their ground game.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-24-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Yea, the Fortson injury concerns me the most. VA Tech has a great running game so I hope someone will step up and contain their ground game.
Me too. We have some decent depth there with a nice mix of solid young players and vets. Hopefully they can get it done.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:11 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forston was basically the 5th tackle last week, while Smith started. Neither really hurt that much though.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
no bare feet
Veteran

no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Were would the Canes rank after winning the next two games? Top 5? I THINK SO!
no bare feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by no bare feet View Post
Were would the Canes rank after winning the next two games? Top 5? I THINK SO!
Considering Ole Miss already lost this week, Miami winning against VT will likely bump them up the 3 addition spots to get them to number 5. Especially with all the hype around us right now.

Winning against OU would get us to the 3-4 range.

But that's getting ahead of ourselves.
Old 09-25-2009, 05:11 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post

Not sure what you 2 are talking about. Forston's injur doesn't hurt us at all. He was playing liek absolute crap the 1st 2 games and was a 5th DT last week. Bailey, Joseph, Holmes and Regis all saw more snaps then Forston did.

Andrew Smith will hurt much more. He is one of our better run stuffing DEs and we play a run heavy VT team this week. Smith started for us last week and played very well against GT.

Considering we are already hurting at DE with Ojomo out, losing Smith hurts us alot more then Forston ATM. We are gonna be going with a much shorter rotation at DE now with Moncur, Wesley, Vernon and Robinson. Not good when Vernon is in only his 3rd college game and Moncur has played all of 15 snaps in the last year and change.

Smith is the much bigger loss for this game. Forston is still living off of HS hype. You can't honestly believe it hurts to lose him after watching him play the last 2 weeks and watching guys liek REgis outplay him and move ahead of him on the depth chart.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:48 PM    (permalink
GhostDeini
Rookie

GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini GhostDeini

Big Boom needs to step it up when he comes back vs. OU. Shannon has even called him out. Andrew Smith going down isn't that bad either, it might be Dyron Dye's chance to show what he gots to offer.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:50 AM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDeini View Post
Big Boom needs to step it up when he comes back vs. OU. Shannon has even called him out. Andrew Smith going down isn't that bad either, it might be Dyron Dye's chance to show what he gots to offer.
Coaches released the red shirt list last week. Dyron Dye was on it.

The only guys that aren't red shirting are Brandon McGee, Mike James, Ray Ray Armstrong, Olivier Vernon and Brandon Washington.

The rest of the freshmen are supposed to get red shirts.

Doubt coaches are gonna break Dye's red shirt just because Andrew Smith might miss a game or 2.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

We played like absolute **** today. I think I threw up in my mouth at least 5times. Our defense couldnt tackle, Jimmy Graham dropped everything thrown his way,Jacory Harris was not crisp and Matt Pipho got abused more than once.

Sig by BoneKrusher