Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 09-28-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like McClain a lot. As #10 said he's exactly the type of player that would fit in well with us. It's still way too early to see which way we might go though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:07 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I like McClain a lot. As #10 said he's exactly the type of player that would fit in well with us. It's still way too early to see which way we might go though.
There is alot to like about McClain certainly

One thing we will know, we will have plenty of very good options

next years draft is very deep at all our likely need positions
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we have to wait and see what the verdict is on Kenny Phillips. If his career is over, I think we have to invest in a Safety before we invest in a MIKE.

Sucks too, bc elite safeties are so hard to find outside the top 15 picks. We stole Kenny at 32 that year.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Sucks too, bc elite safeties are so hard to find outside the top 15 picks. We stole Kenny at 32 that year.
I don't agree

Berry and Mays will be long gone, but any of the others are likely to be options. Look at the possible top guys next year

Nate Allen, South Florida, 6-1, 206, 4.50
Darrell Stuckey, Kansas, 5-11, 205, 4.50
Harry Coleman, LSU, 6-2, 206, 4.53

and the top underclassmen

Reshad Jones, Georgia, 6-2, 212
Morgan Burnett, Georgia Tech, 6-1, 210
Chad Jones, LSU, 6-3, 230
Deunta Williams, North Carolina, 6-2, 205
Major Wright, Florida, 6-0, 204

there should be plenty of options at safety, it will come back to value

Another option is to consider moving Terrell Thomas to FS where I think he is better suited.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
Another option is to consider moving Terrell Thomas to FS where I think he is better suited.
I disagree with that immensely, Thomas is a better cover safety than Ross so if anyone would be a better fit with a move to FS it'd be Ross, that said we already have a solid FS in Michael Johnson, problem is that we don't have even a decent SS since Kenny if healthy is so much more impactful at FS.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:28 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't agree

Berry and Mays will be long gone, but any of the others are likely to be options. Look at the possible top guys next year

Nate Allen, South Florida, 6-1, 206, 4.50
Darrell Stuckey, Kansas, 5-11, 205, 4.50
Harry Coleman, LSU, 6-2, 206, 4.53

and the top underclassmen

Reshad Jones, Georgia, 6-2, 212
Morgan Burnett, Georgia Tech, 6-1, 210
Chad Jones, LSU, 6-3, 230
Deunta Williams, North Carolina, 6-2, 205
Major Wright, Florida, 6-0, 204

there should be plenty of options at safety, it will come back to value

TT is developing into what could be another shutdown CB for us. Theres no way we move him to FS. If you look at his growth in just the past 3 weeks, its been unbelievable.

He's always been a great cover CB, but now he's starting to work on his tackling too. I think he should keep the starting job over Ross and have Ross as our nickel CB.

TT is so good, not only has he been shutting down his WR, but we put him on TEs flanked out wide very often and he's shut that down too. The guy's size gives us great versatility.

Im excited about TT. Its a luxury having 1 shutdown CB. TT might develop into another one, giving us 2 of them.

If he can become that, watch out. I have a good feeling on him.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:23 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Webster-TT-Ross? NASTY

Ross has been very good for us too, let's not forget. Many teams would kill to have him on their team. We've got quite the nice, YOUNG, CB group. Throw in KP next year....mmmmm
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Webster-TT-Ross? NASTY

Ross has been very good for us too, let's not forget. Many teams would kill to have him on their team. We've got quite the nice, YOUNG, CB group. Throw in KP next year....mmmmm
Ross has been very good, but he took a step back last year. I like Ross, but I don't ever see him being capable of being a true shutdown #1 type of CB. I thought he had the potential coming out, but now I don't think he'll ever get to that level.

I think TT actually has that kind of potential. He's just a bigger faster, version of Ross really. What holds Ross back is his stiff hips.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Im checking out what I can on this McClain guy. I like him.

Only questions I have of him so far is his frame, he's a little lanky, and he seems like he's not that quick on his blitzes, although he does a good job of finding seems and getting at the qb.

I love his arms, I love his anticipation and his coverage. He seems like he can get dirty in the phonebooth.

But I need to know his official height/weight/40 time before I put him ahead of Spikes.

At the moment, I like Spikes a little more.

I will admit, I haven't seen much of him. I need to see more.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:10 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

I think Spikes will end up in the top of the second round (much like Laurenaitis and Melualuga)

Weatherspoon could probably also play MLB in our system

One guy I am keeping an eye on for next year's draft is S Nate Allen, South Florida
I think he would be a really good fit for the Giants system and would also be great value in that 2nd round area.

Last edited by Big_Pete : 10-02-2009 at 07:16 AM.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:23 AM    (permalink
LetsGoGiants!
Rookie

LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.

I wouldn't mind if we got Spikes or Mcclain.

Thanks to Bonekrusher for the sweet sig.

NY Giants Super Bowl XLII Champs!
LetsGoGiants! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 04:53 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Just a thought

if Gresham falls to the Giants in the first round, should Reese consider him?
Old 10-04-2009, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just a thought

if Gresham falls to the Giants in the first round, should Reese consider him?
Definitely, that said I'd rather we grab a Safety like Reshad Jones and how Beckum progresses is also a major consideration.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 10-05-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah, Beckum's progress will be a key. I love Gresham, so I wouldn't mind him at all. It really depends on our needs entering the draft, and who's on the board.

Id love a Safety, run stuffing DT, or MIKE as well. But Gresham is hard to pass on.

Just watching Antonio Gates destroy Pittsburgh's D makes it even more tempting. Gresham is a beast, he reminds me of Gates.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McClain had a huge game on Saturday. Huge. He may not even be available when we pick.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-05-2009, 01:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Yeah, Im really starting to like McClain.

Im curious to see more of Eric Norwood. He intrigues me.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
LetsGoGiants!
Rookie

LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.LetsGoGiants! could make a wolverine purr.

How long is Gresham's surgery keeping him out?

Old 10-05-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
LetsGoGiants!
Rookie

Ok guys, I was wondering who you think the top three players the Giants have a legit shot at getting this season? Anyone want to share their thoughts?

Old 10-06-2009, 09:08 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

its impossible to say right now. the board will be completely different from now till draft day.

Right now im just scouting whatever individual players i can and forming opinions on em. i don't watch college football very much which is why my opinions of guys isn't exactly as accurate as it is with NFL players.

i feel like if i watched more college ball, id be pretty good at evaluating these guys. i just don't catch many games bc of my schedule.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the teams I have in the forum mock I'm doing is the Giants. I delt Manningham to the Rams for a 2nd (33) and a 4th (97). The Giants were projected to win the Superbowl so with picks 32 and 33 I took Arthur Jones and Arrelious Benn. I know S and MLB are more of a need than WR, but Benn was the highest rated prospect on my board by quite a few spots and I didn't have a S or ILB that I thought was worth it there (no McClain or Jones).

All of these guys won't make it to the end of round 2, but where would you rank them for the Giants?

Earl Thomas
Darrel Stuckey
Nate Allen
Morgan Burnett
Deunta Williams
Sean Lee
Daryl Washington
Quan Sturdivant
Chad Jones

Or anyone else to look out for?
Old 10-10-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i was at the Rutgers game today (obv) and got field level and there was a guy in a giants fleece and hat with papers everywhere observing George Johnson during warmups and writing a lot down. One can only assume he's a scout, checking out George Johnson, who had 2 sacks btw.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
i was at the Rutgers game today (obv) and got field level and there was a guy in a giants fleece and hat with papers everywhere observing George Johnson during warmups and writing a lot down. One can only assume he's a scout, checking out George Johnson, who had 2 sacks btw.
I was there also. I didn't see that guy though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-10-2009, 10:55 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
I was there also. I didn't see that guy though.
where were you? you shoulda hit me up before hand!
and well it was well early on, like 40 minutes before the game started I think and he was literally 10 feet in front of me. He kept watching Johnson quite intently.
Quote:
Old 10-10-2009, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
where were you? you shoulda hit me up before hand!
and well it was well early on, like 40 minutes before the game started I think and he was literally 10 feet in front of me. He kept watching Johnson quite intently.
I didn't get in untill halftime. I then left before the 4th quarter started. Last, I have no idea how to hit you up haha.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-11-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I didn't get in untill halftime. I then left before the 4th quarter started. Last, I have no idea how to hit you up haha.
I like to use carrier pigeons.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: