Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-28-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:28 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually bought this book as soon as it came out, but just finished reading it in August.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Great book.

Right now I'm reading fight club.
Old 09-28-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post

I actually bought this book as soon as it came out, but just finished reading it in August.
I loath Harry potter books with every fiber of my being.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:14 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I loath Harry potter books with every fiber of my being.
They are excellent and magical and take me to a world filled with unicorns that sometimes have two horns.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:42 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
Did you read this in between spanking your frat boy pledges and committing sexual acts with a goat?

:p
Old 09-28-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha, no. but that book is hilarious.

RIP ST
Old 09-28-2009, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read this when I was 14, and now I am re-reading it. I love this book.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:29 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
I'm reading that right now, too. It's pretty good. Very funny.
Yeah, I'm digging it. I don't usually read books with a sense of humor or in that entire southern gothic(although not exactly) type setting, but it's a nice change of pace.

Something I finished earlier this week:

Really good read.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 09-28-2009 at 09:02 PM.
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
That book looks awesome, did you enjoy it? Would you recommend it?
Old 09-29-2009, 11:51 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xonraider View Post
That book looks awesome, did you enjoy it? Would you recommend it?
Oh yeah it was a great book. Really cool if you're into following recruiting and how everything goes down behind the scenes. They're are plenty of funny moments with Coach O.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:03 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
haha, no. but that book is hilarious.
no its not. tucker max is exactly the misogynistic douchebag the world needs less of. not more of. don't listen to his lies and his drunken rambling of 'how to be like me'.

he has no conscious, he has no soul, and makes the world less safe for women who are prone to be taken advantage of by said douchebag and people who aspire to be him by reading his blatently sexist propaganda. tucker max did it, it's probably okay, he wrote in a book and he's not in jail. it's probably not that bad, no one really cares.

but they do, because men don't understand how to listen to a damn thing. no means no.

propagating the rape culture is awful. and i hope he is wiped clean off the face of the earth and his kind, the people who think he's so cool, so edgy, so awesome, along with him.

i'm sorry i had to bring this in here. i cannot let that pass though. tucker max is the complete opposite of awesome.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:30 PM    (permalink
swordman
Rookie

swordman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
I figured it was time to replace the old Literature thread with something new and fresh. What's everyone reading these days?

Some recent additions to my bookshelf...

Good, but not great. Then again, I think most contemporary mystery/thriller stuff is crap, so perhaps this was great by comparison to its genre. Well written, but not well written enough to make me want to read the sequel.
That is excactly my opinion and it was also refreshing to read a book in sweden and not in the US as always I learned a few about swedish culture and that you don't mess with the dragon-tattoo girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post

This was the last book I was able to read, and it was great. I just haven't had the time to, or just read the NY times instead.

That book is awesome the true story of michael Oher It is amazing!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
That book was great. I just finished Michael Moore's new book "Fool", it was great.
you mean christopher moore right? I read few of his books they were alla awesome and two are shipping as we speak

For those who like noir books about a badass criminal with morals with back-alley ambiance i suppose the burke novels by andrew vachss there s 18 books (independent books you can read only one and have a full story) and they are awesome!!!

I also recommend a song of ice and fire by Gearoge RR Martin It's fantasy but kinda realistic with a few fantastic point and it is amazing!

the book I a currently reading (for the fourth time...)

It was the base of a schwarzie movie but the movie sucks and the only thing in common is the title and the name of the characters that's it.
The book is absolutely marvelous: in a dystopian future the hero is forced to "play" at a TV-show where he is hunted till death It is absolutely GREAT and the ending is awesome!

READ IT!

Life is hard then we die

The only real wisdom is knowing you know nothing

Last edited by swordman : 09-29-2009 at 03:35 PM.
swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
no its not. tucker max is exactly the misogynistic douchebag the world needs less of. not more of. don't listen to his lies and his drunken rambling of 'how to be like me'.

he has no conscious, he has no soul, and makes the world less safe for women who are prone to be taken advantage of by said douchebag and people who aspire to be him by reading his blatently sexist propaganda. tucker max did it, it's probably okay, he wrote in a book and he's not in jail. it's probably not that bad, no one really cares.

but they do, because men don't understand how to listen to a damn thing. no means no.

propagating the rape culture is awful. and i hope he is wiped clean off the face of the earth and his kind, the people who think he's so cool, so edgy, so awesome, along with him.

i'm sorry i had to bring this in here. i cannot let that pass though. tucker max is the complete opposite of awesome.
Propagating the rape culture huh? Care to explain that one?
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:38 PM    (permalink
swordman
Rookie

swordman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

It is funny to read but to think some things as things he actually done....The guy is definitely a douchebag...a big one...I would enjoy it more if I knew it was fiction...

Life is hard then we die

The only real wisdom is knowing you know nothing
swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Propagating the rape culture huh? Care to explain that one?
that rape albeit wrong, isn't defensible because men don't trust women. 'she was asking for it' defense is used a lot.

it's the entire premise of Max Tucker. She was asking to get drunk, and ergo, asking for me to have non-consensual sex with him.

Its the presuppositions of blame. Victims of rape get blamed a lot, when, in reality, there is no necessity to do that once people take accountability for their actions.

There is no accountability in the case of Tucker Max, or many other men.

Old 09-29-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
that rape albeit wrong, isn't defensible because men don't trust women. 'she was asking for it' defense is used a lot.

it's the entire premise of Max Tucker. She was asking to get drunk, and ergo, asking for me to have non-consensual sex with him.

Its the presuppositions of blame. Victims of rape get blamed a lot, when, in reality, there is no necessity to do that once people take accountability for their actions.

There is no accountability in the case of Tucker Max, or many other men.
So it is his fault girls get drunk and he takes advantage of them? What he takes about doing certainly isn't very moral but at I don't think he has ever raped anyone. Of course he is only telling his side of the story but I haven't heard of him ever getting charged with rape at any point. What he does is very prickish but if I girl gets drunk and decides to have sex with him I would not call that him propagating the rape culture.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Quote:

RIP ST
Old 09-29-2009, 04:55 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think a lot of Tucker Max's stories, although based on true events, are greatly exaggerated.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
So it is his fault girls get drunk and he takes advantage of them? What he takes about doing certainly isn't very moral but at I don't think he has ever raped anyone. Of course he is only telling his side of the story but I haven't heard of him ever getting charged with rape at any point. What he does is very prickish but if I girl gets drunk and decides to have sex with him I would not call that him propagating the rape culture.
Imbibing a girl until she's unable to actually consent.
Is that or is that not rape?

Is that what he does?
Yes.

http://messageboard.tuckermax.com/sh...&postcount=134

BUT WAIT! THERES MORE.

The entire concept of him trying to edge and skirt the line of 'what consent really is' is disgusting. He's a ******* lawyer. He's enjoying his time ******* people over for calling him what he really is. Some dude who inches closer and closer to what is really rape.

The objectification he makes of women not as people (*COUGH LIKE MYSELF*) but as just orifices regardless of consequence (and rules that he can bend), is sicking, revolting, and awful. his perception of women, i believe is shared, and enjoyed by many, many people. and i cannot stand by and say, i enjoy being called a *****, a ****, or a ***** by men. and yet, this is what he espouses. once you break it into mens mind that women 'are' said things, the next step is easy.

"88 percent of men who reported an assault that met the legal definition of rape were adamant that they had not raped." (some university of texas study)

The subconsciousness of what men perceive to be rape, and what it is legally, are two VERY separate instances.

Of course, anyone who speaks up is a dumb fat ******* feminist anyway to him as bad as rapists anyway for calling him one. The entire **** is just ridiculous. And this isn't really the proper forum. But if you for one second think that anything in that book is remotely close to 'man, that's totally cool'. you are so ******* full of fail. exaggerated or not, the line is there, and a bunch of ******** men are going to cross it, rape innocent women, and not go to jail.

I will cave and say, yeah, it's freedom of speech. Doesn't make him any less of a douchebag than white supremacist. Wait. His fans are racist too?

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/b...e-with-racism/

Last edited by awfullyquiet : 09-29-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

anyway. i'm supplementing my current reading with a dash of

because he's that awesome.

Old 09-29-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
anyway. i'm supplementing my current reading with a dash of

because he's that awesome.
I'm considering picking up a copy of that.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

i'd like to think, on my list of top mccarthy books, that'd be number two or three. (with one being all the pretty horses and two being suttree. this is right there with suttree imo)

Funny that most of his books get put into movies. Could just be the way he writes.

Last edited by awfullyquiet : 09-29-2009 at 06:12 PM.