Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-02-2007, 11:10 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The insiders are saying that he has been offered a deal with a $23 million signing bonus, but that he hasn't signed with anyone yet, so stay tuned
Old 03-02-2007, 11:12 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Niner fan I would be totally disappointed if we prioritized this guy over Adalius and gave him Champ Bailey money, that would be hideous.
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Did this need a new thread there was one and this will be moved to it.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:18 AM    (permalink
WooWoo21
Rookie

WooWoo21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wow, if this is true I hope the Niners have fun with him. Im glad the Bills didnt pay him a $23 million dollar signing bonus to get ate up by Chris Chambers every year. The Niners sure love to overpay for our players ex. Jonas Jennings..hows that working out?

Here to convert the Bills Haters of the World.
WooWoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
As a Niner fan I would be totally disappointed if we prioritized this guy over Adalius and gave him Champ Bailey money, that would be hideous.

Well it's looks the niners want both Clements and Thomas.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:21 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Well it's looks the niners want both Clements and Thomas.
They need to give Thomas whatever he wants, totally give in to his demands. Clements on the other hand, they should bargain with. The guy is severely overrated and we are not that desperate. 23 mill signing bonus is laughable, I can see the Bills fans laughing at us already.
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

It's overpaying but it gives us one lesser need for the draft, well atleast on the first day.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:34 AM    (permalink
WooWoo21
Rookie

WooWoo21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by binary View Post
They need to give Thomas whatever he wants, totally give in to his demands. Clements on the other hand, they should bargain with. The guy is severely overrated and we are not that desperate. 23 mill signing bonus is laughable, I can see the Bills fans laughing at us already.
Believe me we arent laughing at you when our first signing was the amazing Jason Whittle, but he isnt worth near that much. I guess when you keep saying your a top 5 corner people just take your word for it.

Here to convert the Bills Haters of the World.
WooWoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:41 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clements is very good and is a top 12 CB in the league, but he's not anywhere near Bailey. It's just fact.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ah, my appollogies then i only saw one about the browns and it had a few pages as it was...
Old 03-02-2007, 12:11 PM    (permalink
16_SFfan_80
Rookie

16_SFfan_80 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

"I'm going for 2,200 (yards) next year," Gore said. "That's the record, isn't it? Yeah, I'll get that."
16_SFfan_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cant believe the 49ers would give clements a contract offer before they would give thomas a contract offer.

The 49ers do need a CB, but the starters are fine. Spencer was suffering from a nagging injury in the beginning of the year but got better as the year went on and harris was a all-nfc corner. What the 49ers need is a experienced nickel becuase that is where the 49ers suffered (sammy davis...)

On the other hand however, this does make a little sense. The 49ers FO does NOT like to draft cornerbacks at all, and prefers to get them in FA. In the 2 years they have run the 49ers, the earliest they have selected a CB is the 6th round.

I highly doubt we get both thomas and clements, so unless they are confident they can get both, this move makes little sense. If its true however.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Homicide
Rookie

Homicide hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Could tell ya this was gonna happen. Its good to see the niners trying to get back to the top of the NFC again.
Homicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a big money move (if true). I'll believe it when I see it on a recognized sports information site.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That sucks, Browns need him really bad.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Hail Browns
Rookie

Hail Browns hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Too bad if the Browns aren't gonna be able to grab him, he'd have been a great signing for us. Well, now to those o-linemen...

Last edited by Hail Browns : 03-02-2007 at 03:30 PM.
Hail Browns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
sup3rk1ng
Rookie

sup3rk1ng hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Knbr(Bay area sports radio), that Adalius thomas, Clements and Michael Lewis are all at the 49ers Santa Clara headquarters. Maioccos blod backs this up, but I'm guessing he didn't see AD http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/default.asp?item=513127
sup3rk1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
snazel
Rookie

snazel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Clements' preference remains with the Browns. His signing with the niners is just a rumor, and I doubt his signing is announced anytime today. Browns are still the leaders to land him.
snazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Hail Browns
Rookie

Hail Browns hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snazel View Post
Clements' preference remains with the Browns. His signing with the niners is just a rumor, and I doubt his signing is announced anytime today. Browns are still the leaders to land him.
Preferance may not mean much. As badly as I'd like to get someone to play alongside Bodden, Clements may very well end up in San Fran. They were my favorite team while the Browns were gone, so I wouldn't be extremely hostile. If we're lucky again, he'll sign with us. Wouldn't that be weird? The Browns might get lucky...

Until training camp, j/k.
Hail Browns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per NFL Network;

Clements is a 49er!

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NLFN/ Schefter is reporting that CB Nate Clements has come to terms with the San Francisco 49ers.

If I couldn't see Clements playing for the Buffalo Bills, I'd love to see him playing in the 49ers' red and gold for a great coach like Mike Nolan. The team has landed the services of a great cornerback, which will serve well in their desire to win a division title - keep in mind, the 49ers' NFC West rivals have fantastic WR cores.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

change title of thread so we dont get 10 new ones.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote