Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 09-17-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
anywhere i can see highlights of the game? those are some nasty stats and everything ive read about the game says brown was awesome. JB is quickly rising up my board.
These are some great highlights from the ECU game last week.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB72s...layer_embedded

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:11 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By the way I'd rather have Noel Devine aka Darren Sproles 2.0 in the 2nd rather than JB I think:)

Steddy Ambition!
Old 09-17-2009, 01:11 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
These are some great highlights from the ECU game last week.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB72s...layer_embedded
Thanks. I agree hes probably a 4th rounder or so at this point and could see his way into the 3rd. Hed really have to have one hell of a year and combine to work into the 2nd but I can definitely see him moving up into the 3rd round. I like so far what I see in him.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup, while JB has a lot going for him athletically, he has some critical things that will go against him in the eyes of NFL scouts... 1 year starter, gimicky system, weak to mediocre competition...
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:47 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont care what anyone says i want jahvid best on this team.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 10:12 AM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick

If we are going with QB then give me Jimmy Clausen please.

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
toddmlazarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 09:49 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ouch tough game for JB this weekend. he needed to have a good outing at auburn but as bad as he played he probably dropped his stock a good bit.

colt got a nice win against texas tech. not an amazing game but a solid performance. i still want colt over clausen.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:48 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Thoughts:

Jahvid Best in RD 1 vs Spiller in RD 1 vs Noel Devine RD 2?

I think it depends partially on whether or not we resign Campbell or we look to draft a QB. If we are drafting a qb than I think I would prefer QB in the first and Devine in the second but should Campbell be resigned than its a tough call because of our need for olineman as well. I would probably take Best over Spiller at this point in the first. Both guys have 2-3 inches on Devine and 15-20 lbs but Im not sold that either can take a full load any more than Devine and Im only really looking for someone to take on 10-12 carries to compliment Portis anyway.

For me, Im leaning towards Devine. His 130 yd, 8.5 ypc, 3 tds performance against Auburn was impressive.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was at the Minnesota game...Best did nothing to note except use his speed to beat a SLOW team. He won't be doing that in the NFL....I don't think there is any way he will go in the first round. 3rd - 4th round imo. He didn't break tackles period....and I'm not talking about solid tackles...I'm talking about arm tackes...desperation tackles. He also wasn't as elusive as I had expected. He isn't in the class of Darren Sproles imo.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:55 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I was at the Minnesota game...Best did nothing to note except use his speed to beat a SLOW team. He won't be doing that in the NFL....I don't think there is any way he will go in the first round. 3rd - 4th round imo. He didn't break tackles period....and I'm not talking about solid tackles...I'm talking about arm tackes...desperation tackles. He also wasn't as elusive as I had expected. He isn't in the class of Darren Sproles imo.
interesting. i didnt get to see the game but thats good feedback to know. what are your thoughts on spiller and devine?
Old 09-26-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Noel Devine I'd love to have on the Skins. I don't think he could hold up with his frame as a full time back but as a complement he's so damn dynamic. I would like to see him improve his hands though. I wouldn't touch him in the first though. C.J. Spiller though is my #1 RB. He has a good build, world class speed, deceiving power, dynamic return ability, and can play WR better than most of the Skins wideouts.

Also the more and more I see Jevan Snead the less I want him. Colt is still my #1 with probably Tony Pike #2.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Noel Devine I'd love to have on the Skins. I don't think he could hold up with his frame as a full time back but as a complement he's so damn dynamic. I would like to see him improve his hands though. I wouldn't touch him in the first though. C.J. Spiller though is my #1 RB. He has a good build, world class speed, deceiving power, dynamic return ability, and can play WR better than most of the Skins wideouts.

Also the more and more I see Jevan Snead the less I want him. Colt is still my #1 with probably Tony Pike #2.
i agree completely on all points here. colts my #1, pikes my #2, and id love devine in rd 2. unfortunately qb in rd 1 and devine in rd 2 would mean we are still stuck with a completely inept offensive line....
Old 09-27-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sick to my stomach. We need lineman, a better qb, a solid backup running back. Anybody better then DeAngelo Falls & Rogers would help too.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:52 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
I'm sick to my stomach. We need lineman, a better qb, a solid backup running back. Anybody better then DeAngelo Falls & Rogers would help too.
game was blacked out for me so i unfortunately had to miss it. from what ive read and from following online, it looks like we still arent getting enough pressure on the quarterback. this lions offense is one that we should have been putting consistent pressure. rakpo got his first sack which is good but with haynesworth going out our line shut down. hope hes ok. we need him big time. it doesnt sound like todays game was as much campbells fault as it was a lot of other guys not stepping up but at the end of the day if we dont win games its going to be campbell that leaves this team whether its his fault or not. if he leaves then we will definitely need at least 1 qb, 3 olineman, a speed back, and cb.

hopefully jarmon develops so that we dont need another de. i really like him and having used our 3rd rd on him i think hell get his chance. either rakpo plays linebacker and we need to think about another de or rakpo plays de and we need to think about another lber.

an option i like:

FA
Chad Pennington, QB
Jahri Evans, OL or Daryn Colledge, OL
Rocky McIntosh, LB (Resign)
Carlos Rogers, CB (Resign) or Ellis Hobbs, CB

RD 1 - Russell Okung, OT
RD 2 - Tony Pike, QB
RD 4 - JD Walton, C
Old 09-30-2009, 10:46 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else getting a sinking feeling that the double headed monster that is Cerrato/Snyder is going to draft Tebow next year??

Seems like the kind of pick they would LOVE to make...I feel like the planets are starting to align for it to happen...
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:59 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
Anyone else getting a sinking feeling that the double headed monster that is Cerrato/Snyder is going to draft Tebow next year??

Seems like the kind of pick they would LOVE to make...I feel like the planets are starting to align for it to happen...
Absolutely not. Don't know if I could be a fan of the skins if it happened.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 10-02-2009, 07:33 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

man every time i watch devine play i want him more. he is so unbelievably dynamic and explosive. his speed, acceleration, and vision are awesome.

watch devine and brown from last night: http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=292740277

nice bounce back game for jarrett brown last night. 12/19, 150 yards, 2 tds, and 0 ints.

kipers updated big board is out. some interesting changes. pike moved up to 23 and snead dropped off. mccoy has moved up to 6. i expected okung to be higher than 9 but i think he will be by the end of the year. spiller making his way up also to 14.

1. Sam Bradford
2. Eric Berry
3. Ndamukong Suh
4. Gerald McCoy
5. Carlos Dunlap
6. Colt McCoy
7. Taylor Mays
8. Dez Bryant
9. Russell Okung
10. Jahvid Best
11. Terrence Cody
12. Sean Weatherspoon
13. Greg Hardy
14. C.J. Spiller
15. Sergio Kindle
16. Brandon Graham
17. Jermaine Gresham
18. Trent Williams
19. Jerry Hughes
20. Charles Brown
21. Brandon Spikes
22. Sean Lee
23. Tony Pike
24. Eric Norwood
25. Mardy Gilyard
Old 10-02-2009, 08:02 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm probably alone on this one here but even if we were somehow in position to take him I simply am not a Bradford fan and don't want him on the Skins. Snead dropping off is probably Mel thinking he will go back for his Senior year, which he should. I'm sure it must have hurt for Mel to do that because just weeks ago he was calling Snead a top 5 pick and possibly the #1 pick. Obviously we don't need another DT but I got to say Suh is probably my favorite player in the college game right now. He is just such an explosive DT. Lol imagine him with Albert getting to the QB all day.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:05 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm probably alone on this one here but even if we were somehow in position to take him I simply am not a Bradford fan and don't want him on the Skins. Snead dropping off is probably Mel thinking he will go back for his Senior year, which he should. I'm sure it must have hurt for Mel to do that because just weeks ago he was calling Snead a top 5 pick and possibly the #1 pick. Obviously we don't need another DT but I got to say Suh is probably my favorite player in the college game right now. He is just such an explosive DT. Lol imagine him with Albert getting to the QB all day.
if we went 3-4 than id be all for drafting Suh. Haynesworth and Suh on a 3-4 line would be amazing. and you arent alone on bradford. i like bradford but i dont like bradford as a top 5 pick. top 10 maybe but even thats borderline for me. colt mccoy is still the guy i want at qb and pike is coming in at a close second now.

strip what do you think of devine in the early 3rd? will he even be there? would early second be too early to take him?
Old 10-02-2009, 11:03 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm down for Colt McCoy as well...I like Devine too but we don't have a 3rd Dirty...I think we need OL before a RB like Devine so we might just be SOL either way.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
if we went 3-4 than id be all for drafting Suh. Haynesworth and Suh on a 3-4 line would be amazing. and you arent alone on bradford. i like bradford but i dont like bradford as a top 5 pick. top 10 maybe but even thats borderline for me. colt mccoy is still the guy i want at qb and pike is coming in at a close second now.

strip what do you think of devine in the early 3rd? will he even be there? would early second be too early to take him?
I think Devine is definitely going day 1. I don't think early round 2 for him is a reach depending on the talent available at other positions. Ideally I'd want Okung in the first round, Sean Lee or Devine at the top of the 2nd and then Jarrett Brown or Dan Lefevour in the 4th to compete with Colt while still bringing in a vet QB who would probably start.

Old 10-02-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
I think Devine is definitely going day 1. I don't think early round 2 for him is a reach depending on the talent available at other positions. Ideally I'd want Okung in the first round, Sean Lee or Devine at the top of the 2nd and then Jarrett Brown or Dan Lefevour in the 4th to compete with Colt while still bringing in a vet QB who would probably start.
agree 100% with you here.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:24 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

It's so tough because we could use new blood and talent at every single position on the team except maybe safety, although it wouldn't surprise me if they thought that Horton needs to be replaced long term. Damnit we should trade Landry for a QB and draft Eric Berry!!!

Old 10-02-2009, 03:28 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Devine would be awesome, Brown just reminds me too much of Campbell at times but I couldn't hate on bringing him in to be a developmental qb.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 10-02-2009, 05:11 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
Devine would be awesome, Brown just reminds me too much of Campbell at times but I couldn't hate on bringing him in to be a developmental qb.
I don't think they are that similar really. Brown is another world of athleticism. He is an actual strong scrambling QB like a Troy Smith. Also Brown has a much quicker release than Campbell. Brown is actually the complete opposite of Campbell. Campbell is the most cerebral QB in a bad way as he is so slow to process his reads and make the throws. Brown is a wild card. He's a playmaker who takes so many chances and can make so many unique throws from unique positions. Campbell is about as vanilla a QB you can find while Brown is one of the more unconventional QB's in the college game.