Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-30-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post

Mens inability to separate themselves from their dicks.
And womens inability to separate themselves from their emotions. ;)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
the latter doesn't effect men physically though.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I Dont Think/Know that I Suck 8(

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm getting ready to start reading "Pop" by Gordon Korman its about football sounds good will see.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's unnerving, unreasonable, and misogynistic.
On the contrary, I think it's probably the furthest thing from misogyny that there is.

That said, this isn't really the place to discuss the social ineptitudes of the bar scene as it relates to young Americans and their egos.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have an opinion on all of this crap being slung around, but I'm too lazy to back it up with arguments and I don't want to ruffle anyone's feathers. Basically; I think that even when alcohol is involved, you need to have personal responsibility. I don't think it's that hard of a concept. If a women is drinking herself(or a man) to the point where you can't comprehend what's going on around you then I'm not going to have any remorse for something happening to them that they didn't intend for. They're putting themselves in that situation.

Anyway, I'm reading Brave New World for like the fourth time now because I'm broke this week and found a copy at a friends house. Haven't read it in a long while though. Should be interesting.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I'm getting ready to start reading "Pop" by Gordon Korman its about football sounds good will see.
So far so good.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:59 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I swear, I only read this in the quotes above, and thought that the book was called "Pop" and was about football sounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just make sure I get this back, Okay.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Winner winner, chicken dinner.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:38 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Dresden Files. Full stop. Best modern fantasy series I've ever read.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:42 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
The Dresden Files. Full stop. Best modern fantasy series I've ever read.
I tried those. I was like a hundred or so pages into the first one it and I really, really hated it. The fact I later found out the author is a big promoter of LARPING completely killed it for me.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 09-30-2009, 10:41 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I tried those. I was like a hundred or so pages into the first one it and I really, really hated it. The fact I later found out the author is a big promoter of LARPING completely killed it for me.
The first book is probably the worst one. It steadily gets more AWESOME as the series wears on.

Perhaps the most awesome thing: Resurrecting the T-Rex skeleton that can be found the Field Museum in Chicago (yes, THAT T-Rex), riding it into downtown Chicago and using it to stop the necromantic apocalypse.

Last edited by JT Jag : 09-30-2009 at 10:44 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:50 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reading this for class:

Reading this for myself:

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I don't know, maybe he's on to something..............

Seriously though, I finished reading this awhile ago.

It's probably the best, or at least among the best, military fantasy around. Older though, written back in the mid 80's. Not groundbreaking by any means, but entertaining IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Talk about human depravity.......

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
The first book is probably the worst one. It steadily gets more AWESOME as the series wears on.

Perhaps the most awesome thing: Resurrecting the T-Rex skeleton that can be found the Field Museum in Chicago (yes, THAT T-Rex), riding it into downtown Chicago and using it to stop the necromantic apocalypse.
From what you're saying, it sounds absolutely dreadful.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:33 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone read anything from Sherrilyn Kenyon?

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:43 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post

That's a cool cover that I hadn't seen before. Anyway I ******* love this book, BEE is one of my all time favorite authors and Less Than Zero is filled with some amazing moments. To me no other book has ever understood depression so well, if that makes any sense...

His next book due out in a year or so is a sequel of Less Than Zero, btw.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:47 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
Beyond the plot, from what I read, the writing was as bad as I've seen in a published novel. It was glorified fan-fiction quality. I know a lot of people love those books, and I don't mean to be a jerk about it, but it was excruciating.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-01-2009, 03:48 AM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
No lie but Awfullyquiet and her arguments have intrigued my curiosity on Tucker Max.....now i kinda feel the urge to pick up one of his books and see what this is all about....
you should. hilarious.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:10 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
Your mileage may vary. It's essentially a pulp detective novel with explosions and magic.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
I swear, I only read this in the quotes above, and thought that the book was called "Pop" and was about football sounds.
I should have worded that better the book is called "Pop" because one of the main characters nick name is "The King of Pop" for his hard hits.

Its really a good book its about a high shcool football player who becomes friends with an ex NFL player only he doesn't even know the guy used to play pro ball.

I don't want to give to much away but any one that likes high school football or any football for that matter would like this book.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:25 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post

<3 BEE. One of the best authors of this generation IMO, and a great social commentator. Less Then Zero is also my favorite book by him, although I did love The Informers. And if we are speaking of human depravity, the gloriousness of American Psycho knows no comparison. That is some of the most disturbing **** Ive ever read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i'm not denying women do the former, but, men, for the most part don't care about the why, they care about the what. and the what is their deep seated desire to feel better about themselves by putting more notches in their headboard. yes, it is ambiguious, but, men take no care or concern for the law, and yes, it takes alcohol for them to fuel that iron resolve of, no, it isn't rape, yes, she consented (i think), no i didn't take advantage of her. no i'm not going to call her again, it was just a... 'thing'.

I hate the fact that I can't actually have more than a drink or two in public without fear that some guy is going to try to get me to have sex with him, because i'm drunk. It's unnerving, unreasonable, and misogynistic.
i'm going to go out on a limb here and say you're a little overly paranoid and need to relax a bit. there's probably a 90% chance that if you have more than a drink or two some dude is NOT going to try to get you to have sex with him.

i know a lot of bar-hoppin', club-goin' types, and not a single one of them tries to get bitches so ****** up that they are damn near in a comatose. and nothing I read in that book made me think that Tucker Max endorses that. this guy ain't my hero or anything, but it is a funny book any way you look at it.

females make a big show about how they're in control because they're in control because they got *****. well ****, if you don't wanna be labeled a skank then have enough self-control to not let me and a gang of friends run through that. you can't really blame the guy if the girl does say yes, and that is exactly what happens. (90% of the time)
  • i do not endorse rape of any kind.
  • i love me some women
  • im not tryin to piss you off.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote