Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC North Division Forum

NFC North Division Forum Discuss the NFC North

Old 08-02-2009, 06:12 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Top 5 draft needs for each NFC North team

Hello all. Just having a little roster analysis fun. Let me know what you think.

(In alphabetical order)

Chicago Bears
Overall: I think I can say without a lot of bias that top to bottom the Bears are in the best shape going forward. There is a need for more competition at certain positions, but outside of wide receiver and safety, not a whole lot of question marks in the starting lineup. This is obviously a good thing, since we won't have any 1st round picks coming in for this year or next.

Wide Receiver: It's gotta be wide receiver. Earl Bennett, Johnny Knox, and Juaquin Iglesias all have the opportunity to step up, but none of these guys were 1st, or even 2nd round picks, and none have done anything in the pros. I'm optomistic about Earl Bennett, who was a hell of a college player. Devin Hester is a starting caliber player, but he's not a #1 receiver, I think almost everyone recognizes that.

Defensive End: Adewale Ogunleye and Mark Anderson are both in contract years, and arguably neither player has proven enough to be given a new contract. That would leave Israel Idonije and Alex Brown are our starting defensive ends. Needless to say, some more pass rushers on the outside would be nice.

Free Safety: Danieal Manning has been moved back to free safety (again), but he's also in a contract year (I'm sure he'll get resigned due to his versatility). In any event, he's still better off as a nickel back/kick returner, and I am not confident in Craig Steltz starting on my football team. Josh Bullocks, you are not the answer either.

Strong Safety: Kevin Payne is a pretty good starter, but he's not great. It's hard to say if Steltz is actually better suited at FS, or if we just need him there more. Either way, more competition would be a good thing.

Nose Tackle: Marcus Harrison missed the start of camp due to weight issues. While I think he could be a great player, this is not a good sign. Dusty Dvoracek cannot stay healthy, and even when he is has issues with consistency. As it stands now, Anthony Adams is the best NT on our team. I like Anthony, he's good player, but it's even a drop-off from Tank Johnson a few years ago, and we cut his ass.

Detroit Lions Clearly the Lions have the most question marks. They've added a lot of youth, but that doesn't guarantee much of anything. It's hard to pick just five areas, but I'll give it a try.

Left Tackle: Selecting Brandon Pettigrew over Michael Oher was definintely one of the more questionable moves in the 1st round, but you never know how these things will turn out. Regardless, left tackle is still a need for the Lions. Jeff Backus simply isn't cutting it, and he hasn't been for years. Giving him the contract extension was one of Millen's worst moves IMO, and that's really saying something.

Guard: Even if they draft a left tackle and slide Backus down, they could still use another guard for competition. Stephen Peterman is ok, and maybe Backus would be ok at guard, but it's hard to say. I just don't get what the Lions did in regards to the draft this year. Your line is absolute garbage and you don't select a lineman until pick 228? Bad bad bad.

Defensive EndCliff Avril looks like he could be a starter in the league. On the other side you're picking between Jared DeVries, Dewayne White, and Ikaika Alama-Francis. Lemme lemme upgrade ya.

Defensive Tackle: Looks like we're going all trenches for the Lions. Even assuming that Grady Jackson can hold himself together for a few more years, the rest of the card has guys like Chuck Darby and Andre Fluellen. Sammie Lee Hill at pick 115 was a good one.

Runningback: I know that a lot of Lions fans like Kevin Smith, so I probably won't get much agreement on this one, but I look at Kevin Smith and Maurice Morris and I see adequate backups. There's just nothing special at all about Kevin Smith. I'll give him credit for being a workhorse behind a pretty lousy offensive line, but if the Lions get the chance to draft an impact runningback I think they should take it.

Green Bay Packers:
I imagine this will be the hardest one, since Packers fans always seem to think their team is flawless, even when they go 6-10.;) Lots of talent on this team, but also lots of dissapointments last year. I've seen a lot of predictions about them turning it around in a big way, and while that certainly could happen, there are some areas of concern. As my rankings show, outside of DE and Safety there aren't many places I would consider 'holes', but there are a lot of questions on this team. On top of the defensive transition, the running game was pretty flat last year, and like Kevin Smith, I've never been terribly impressed with Ryan Grant.

Defensive End: Much like the Lions, I think the Packers biggest areas of concern are along the line. I'm still not a huge fan of their switch to the 3-4, and one area where they seem pretty bare is across from Cullen Jenkins. At this point I believe the leader is Johnny Jolly, who is having some suspension issues (correct me if I'm wrong). Maybe Justin Harrell finally emerges as a useful NFL player, but his clock is ticking very fast. Cullen Jenkins at least seems to be the prototype for the position, but it's hard to say. Neither he nor Harrell have had much luck staying healthy. Signing Igor Olshansky would have been a prudent move IMO.

Strong Safety: The Packers resigned Atari Bigby, who, when healthy, is a pretty good, but inconsistent player. The cubbord isn't completely bare here, but if Bigby gets hurt again or fails to perform, the Packers could struggle on defense again. If Nick Collins leaves for FA free safety becomes an issue.

Offensive Tackle: You pick which side. Chad Clifton is 33, Mark Tauscher is gone, and the Packers have spent a lot of mid-round picks on offensive tackles of all different stripes. Perhaps the answer at both spots is already in-house, it's hard to say until they perform in game situations, but I'm skeptical at this point. Daryn Colledge is also a FA.

Outside Linebacker: Assuming that Clay Matthews is the answer and Aaron Kampman makes the transition smoothly, this isn't really an issue. But that's puting a lot of eggs in the basket of an unproven rookie. Behind them is Jeremy Thompson and Brady Popinga. Re-signing Kampman is obviously a huge priority.

Insde Linebacker: I'll admit that I've never been terribly impressed with Hawk or Barnett, but given their play especially last year I thought the Packers would entertain the notion of getting more linebacker depth in the off-season. Didn't happen. Not a huge need, but something I'd be concerned with going to the 3-4.

Minnesota Vikings
Overall: The defending champs didn't get any worse, but outside of Percy Harvin being a potential first year weapon, they didn't do much to seemingly improve either. If you could draft a new coach I'd put that here, as I think Brad Childress might be the worst coach in the NFL.

Quarterback: Obviously. As a Bears fan I know the pain of enduring awful quaterback after awful quarterback. Having watched a lot of the Vikings the past two years living in Minnesota, I can honestly say that I think Tarvaris Jackson is worse than Rex Grossman ever was. The mantra seems to be that it's his job to lose. I can't imagine him not doing exactly that.

Center: There is supposedly an in-house replacement for Matt Birk. Until he proves himself, however, this remains a pretty big question mark.

Defensive Tackle: The Vikings had limited draft picks and are trying to win now, so it's understandable why they didn't look for a Pat Williams successor, but the fact remains that he's 37 years old, and Jimmy Kennedy probably isn't the answer.

Defensive End: Jarred Allen is obviously awesome, but Ray Edwards is a question mark, and in a contract year. I'm a big Brian Robison fan, so maybe he's the answer here.

Back 7 defensive depth: The Vikings have a pretty solid starting 7 behind the defensive line, but the depth is pretty awful. Here are the next in-line in case someone gets hurt.
OLB- Heath Farwell
ILB- Jasper Brinkley
CB- Karl Paymah (already nickel back), Asher Allen
S- Eric Frampton, Jamarca Sanford

The Vikings have hurt themselves depth-wise by trading up the past few years. A few injuries could really crush this defense. This also helps explain why the Vikings speial teams seems to suck every year.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 08-02-2009 at 06:21 AM.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Corey Graham will still be in the mix at FS. I think that could be a real good position for him.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:43 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Green Bay Packers:

Defensive End: Much like the Lions, I think the Packers biggest areas of concern are along the line. I'm still not a huge fan of their switch to the 3-4, and one area where they seem pretty bare is across from Cullen Jenkins. At this point I believe the leader is Johnny Jolly, who is having some suspension issues (correct me if I'm wrong). Maybe Justin Harrell finally emerges as a useful NFL player, but his clock is ticking very fast. Cullen Jenkins at least seems to be the prototype for the position, but it's hard to say. Neither he nor Harrell have had much luck staying healthy. Signing Igor Olshansky would have been a prudent move IMO.
Jolly's legal issues have been put off once again, he probably won't see any suspension this year. As of now though BJ Raji is our starting DE opposite Jenkins with Pickett at NT. Raji supposedly will be switching between the two positions, so we'll see how that works out. I think this will definitely be a need. Pickett is a free agent after this season and I'm thinking we won't resign him and let Raji be the full time NT. It kind of depends on what Harrell does. If Harrell can actually stay on the field I think he fits the role pretty well, but at this point we don't know what we're getting out of him. Either way we'll still need at least a backup here.

Quote:
Strong Safety: The Packers resigned Atari Bigby, who, when healthy, is a pretty good, but inconsistent player. The cubbord isn't completely bare here, but if Bigby gets hurt again or fails to perform, the Packers could struggle on defense again. If Nick Collins leaves for FA free safety becomes an issue.
Collins isn't going anywhere. Thompson keeps his guys. I think we'll see Collins sign an extension midseason. Bigby season was ruined by injuries last year. Eventhough he started 6 games he was bothered by the injuries the whole time and I don't think you can put much into how he played last year because of that. Now there are definitely some concerns about his consistency dating back to 2007, I'm just saying don't judge him too much from last year. I think the switch in defenses will benefit him. He won't be an all pro, but I think he'll be a solid starter. We did sign Anthony Smith in the offseason so we actually have a strong safety backup instead of just a bunch of free safeties. That said I really don't want to have to play him.

Quote:
Offensive Tackle: You pick which side. Chad Clifton is 33, Mark Tauscher is gone, and the Packers have spent a lot of mid-round picks on offensive tackles of all different stripes. Perhaps the answer at both spots is already in-house, it's hard to say until they perform in game situations, but I'm skeptical at this point. Daryn Colledge is also a FA.
I'd say this is our biggest need. Like you said we have a bunch of young guys who could potentially fill both spots, but none of them have proven it yet. Hopefully we get at least one set on the right side this year, but we'll probably still need to draft one.

Quote:
Outside Linebacker: Assuming that Clay Matthews is the answer and Aaron Kampman makes the transition smoothly, this isn't really an issue. But that's puting a lot of eggs in the basket of an unproven rookie. Behind them is Jeremy Thompson and Brady Popinga. Re-signing Kampman is obviously a huge priority.
Re-signing Kampman is a huge priority if he is performing at a high level at LB. If he's struggling we'll slap the franchise tag on him and ship him to a 4-3 team. If that happens we probably have to spend a first on an OLB. I think it's all about Kampman and not so much Matthews. Even if Matthews struggles he'll get at least another year since he is a rookie. Supposedly Jeremy Thompson is doing alright, but I don't think he's starting material. I like Poppinga as a backup, but I definitely do not want him starting in the 3-4.

Quote:
Insde Linebacker: I'll admit that I've never been terribly impressed with Hawk or Barnett, but given their play especially last year I thought the Packers would entertain the notion of getting more linebacker depth in the off-season. Didn't happen. Not a huge need, but something I'd be concerned with going to the 3-4.
Barnett never gets the respect he deserves. Last year he was ******* terrible, but before that he was damn good every year since he was drafted. Barnett in a 3-4 does concern me a bit as I don't think he'll be able to match what he was in the 4-3, but he should still be at least serviceable as a starter. This is a huge year for Hawk. He can either prove he was worth the #5 selecting, or he'll be considered a big disappointment. I'm not really sure what to expect out of him this year. I wouldn't be shocked if he excelled or struggled greatly. I think we are more than fine with ILB depth. I think Chillar fits in there very well. I like Chillar there more than any LB spot in the 4-3. Bishop is also a good fit for the scheme despite being on the small side. I don't think depth is an issue at all. If Hawk or Barnett fail with the switch than we could be looking for a new starter, but we don't need any more backups there.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Minnesota Vikings
Overall: The defending champs didn't get any worse, but outside of Percy Harvin being a potential first year weapon, they didn't do much to seemingly improve either. If you could draft a new coach I'd put that here, as I think Brad Childress might be the worst coach in the NFL.

I think that adding Loadholt will be as big of an addition as Harvin. Anything that gets Ryan Cook out of the starting lineup will have a big impact. I also agree totally on Childress and I think it's either NFCCG or he's gone and he knows that.

Quarterback: Obviously. As a Bears fan I know the pain of enduring awful quaterback after awful quarterback. Having watched a lot of the Vikings the past two years living in Minnesota, I can honestly say that I think Tarvaris Jackson is worse than Rex Grossman ever was. The mantra seems to be that it's his job to lose. I can't imagine him not doing exactly that.

My thoughts on Jackson are this: when he was drafted, we knew he was going to be a project, and he would have to sit for at least 2, preferably 3 years. Well, this is his 4th year. He never should have been benched last year, and if he wasn't, then we wouldn't be having this discussion. He'd have either had success and we'd know he's the guy or he'd have struggled and he'd have been done, instead we're right back to where we started last year. If he can't get it done, then the Vikings will need a new QB, but I don't think it will be through the draft as most rookies QBs will need to sit, and Minnesota is a win now team. I think a veteran QB will be brought in to start, either through FA or trade. I think Jason Campbell would be a great option and will likely be available.

Center: There is supposedly an in-house replacement for Matt Birk. Until he proves himself, however, this remains a pretty big question mark.

This position will be filled be John Sullivan, who was drafted last year, and has supposedly been impressing the coaches. Even if he struggles, he will be given another year, so I don't envision this as being a need.

Defensive Tackle: The Vikings had limited draft picks and are trying to win now, so it's understandable why they didn't look for a Pat Williams successor, but the fact remains that he's 37 years old, and Jimmy Kennedy probably isn't the answer.

This is the Vikings biggest need, possibly other than QB. I am glad that the Vikings didn't draft a DT in the 5th or 7th rounds, because this upcoming draft is loaded with DTs.

Defensive End: Jarred Allen is obviously awesome, but Ray Edwards is a question mark, and in a contract year. I'm a big Brian Robison fan, so maybe he's the answer here.

This could be a need, and I think it will be as Robison is more of a pass rush specialist(although I am also a big fan, and think he can beat out Edwards).

Back 7 defensive depth: The Vikings have a pretty solid starting 7 behind the defensive line, but the depth is pretty awful. Here are the next in-line in case someone gets hurt.
OLB- Heath Farwell
ILB- Jasper Brinkley
CB- Karl Paymah (already nickel back), Asher Allen
S- Eric Frampton, Jamarca Sanford

The Vikings have hurt themselves depth-wise by trading up the past few years. A few injuries could really crush this defense. This also helps explain why the Vikings speial teams seems to suck every year.

We definitely could use some depth, but I would have put FB here, as Tahi absolutely blows.

I would currently put the Vikings DRAFT needs as DT, DE, FB, and then depth. I don't have QB in there, because I don't think that will be filled through the draft.
Responses in bold.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.

Last edited by marshallb : 08-03-2009 at 11:11 PM.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i pretty much agree with the detroit analysis except for kevin smith, who is going to run for 1200 and 8 TDs this year. as for their oline situation, i'd say that yes backus definately needs to upgraded along with a guard, but alot of the fault lay with their horrible coaching the past few years. here's a quote from jonathan scott after he left the lions.
Quote:
In Detroit, the life of a lineman was maddening. Scott said the communication breakdowns between the offensive coordinator and his offensive line coach ran rampant. One told him to step left on a play, the other said to step right.

“So which one do I do?” Scott said. “If I don’t it the offensive line way, I won’t be able to play. If I don’t do it the offensive coordinator’s way then I’ll never get on the field. There were always situations like that.”

Chaotic fragmentation. The shoddy separation of powers triggered on-field breakdowns. Scott said the linemen became “chickens with their heads cut off.” Who was supposed to block where was a play-to-play mystery.
whether it was martz or colleto there was too much confusion and lack of leadership. i don't think the players even learned to zone block, but this year the new staff is switching to more power run blocking while keeping the zone runs that worked.

and our big offseason grab was pretty much daniel loper whom schwartz liked. the titans had a great line last year so their top backup should be able to become a decent starter by our standards. i would like more, but there was no reason to blow money on a big named free agent before we actually built the rest of the team to last.

i'd look for the lions to grab the top DE/DT/OT next season depending on value and how this season shakes out. personally i'd go for dunlap or okung then cody/graham. there is a small cult following for brandon graham building steam.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:39 AM    (permalink
S T R I N G
Rookie

S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.

Quote:
Chicago Bears
Overall: I think I can say without a lot of bias that top to bottom the Bears are in the best shape going forward. There is a need for more competition at certain positions, but outside of wide receiver and safety, not a whole lot of question marks in the starting lineup. This is obviously a good thing, since we won't have any 1st round picks coming in for this year or next.
Interesting. I think both the Packers and Vikings are more talented top to bottom.

Not really sure how the Bears are in the best shape going forward. Their offense definitely has some young stars (Cutler/Forte/Olsen) and some guys who could turn into something (some of the WRs, Beekman, C. Williams) but their defense is aging and they don't seem to have many answers for when those guys leave.

Last edited by S T R I N G : 08-18-2009 at 11:45 AM.
S T R I N G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Left Tackle: Selecting Brandon Pettigrew over Michael Oher was definintely one of the more questionable moves in the 1st round, but you never know how these things will turn out. Regardless, left tackle is still a need for the Lions. Jeff Backus simply isn't cutting it, and he hasn't been for years. Giving him the contract extension was one of Millen's worst moves IMO, and that's really saying something.

Jeff Backus is better than people think. He's an average durable starting tackle who's been in really terrible situations with Martz and a historically bad defense/QB combo in 2008. But he's old and will need to be replaced in 2010 draft with an early pick. Maybe not Round 1 considering depth at tackle and much much needed defensive stud for the Lions. Pretty obvious with Martz when the only team in 2008 to give up more sacks than the Lions was the 49ers. The thing with Backus with that extension is he only gave up 3 sacks in 2005. Plus he would have been the best free agent left tackle that year. 2006 draft DBrick would be long gone by pick 9 that the Lions had. We could have taken McNeil in Round 2 I suppose or kept the franchise tag and gone Joe Thomas in 2007 but then there is no Calvin but I really don't blame Millen for extending him when Backus had a great 2005. I blame Backus in a bad LT team situation and also Backus playing poorly at times/some injury. Also he was hurt but still played in 2007 from Week 3 on(strained chest muscle). 2008 was actually solid for Backus IMO when I rewatched all the games. He doen'st give up the hurries/pressures like the others on the line and the QBs he had were down by a million points are known sack magnets in Kitna and Daunte. It will be tough to judge Pettigrew vs Oher with Oher playing RT which the Lions don't need and Pettigrew so far is hurt with a thigh injury. Pettigrew needs to get healthy but if he's the blocker everyone says he is, that is a big help to both tackles,QB if he has pass catching ability as well

Guard: Even if they draft a left tackle and slide Backus down, they could still use another guard for competition. Stephen Peterman is ok, and maybe Backus would be ok at guard, but it's hard to say. I just don't get what the Lions did in regards to the draft this year. Your line is absolute garbage and you don't select a lineman until pick 228? Bad bad bad.

We're going with Dan Loper. Thats the attempt this time at LG. Loper had great coaching in Ten and was a good backup behind some stud linemen. Plus he's young,big which is what Scwartz/Linehan want and versatile. Fisher and Schwartz know him and like him. That is why we didn't take a guard. Plus since we went offense twice in Round 1, Louis Delmas was needed. And I think Delmas will be a stud. Round 3 top guards were off the board

Defensive EndCliff Avril looks like he could be a starter in the league. On the other side you're picking between Jared DeVries, Dewayne White, and Ikaika Alama-Francis. Lemme lemme upgrade ya.

Yes we need a solid LE and Avril must work out at RE. DeWayne White is a decent DE too, he just gets hurt then plays poorly in the second half of the season for 3 seasons in a row. He's always on pass for double digist sacks then disappears. DeVries is on IR so we'll hopefully bring in somebody. Schwartz DEs are a little different in that they play a 9 tech but with a 4-3. Avril does not fit this unfortunately which is DeWayne White is the starter so far and Avril is the situational guy

Defensive Tackle: Looks like we're going all trenches for the Lions. Even assuming that Grady Jackson can hold himself together for a few more years, the rest of the card has guys like Chuck Darby and Andre Fluellen. Sammie Lee Hill at pick 115 was a good one.

We need DT help bad. Suh or Gerald McCoy would look great in a Lions uni. A stud DT, Avirl working out and the Lions new LB core would be very very solid. Hill is intriguing but raw. Darby not as the nose tackle should help him, but he's still garbage. Fluellen/Cohen will have to shock people, but I'm not counting on them being more than rotation guys in their careers. Grady is will just be a plug for 20 plays. 20 more plays than we had last year. Also we added Shaun Smith who is a decent rotation guy and looked good in the first game

Runningback: I know that a lot of Lions fans like Kevin Smith, so I probably won't get much agreement on this one, but I look at Kevin Smith and Maurice Morris and I see adequate backups. There's just nothing special at all about Kevin Smith. I'll give him credit for being a workhorse behind a pretty lousy offensive line, but if the Lions get the chance to draft an impact runningback I think they should take it.

Kevin Smith ran pretty well in the second half of the year. He gets tough yards, is shifty and has decent speed but not super fast. He can be a 1,200 yard back which is what we need to compliment Stafford/Calvin/Pettigrew. He's a starter and we have bigger fish to fry than RB. Gosder in year 2, Pettigrew blocking and a dedication to the run with hopefully NFL caliber defense as opposed to whatever that was last year will also aid Kevin Smith.

Last edited by Maybe Next Year Millen2 : 08-18-2009 at 10:12 PM.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My take on the Vikings:

1) Quarterback---It's a longshot that Sage Rosenfels works out as a long term solution at quarterback and Tavaris Jackson will most likely be with another team next season. If the team picks (as projected by most) in the latter part of the order then they will be put in a sticky situation. Unless Tony Pike or Jake Locker keep up their hot streaks this year, then I really don't see the team taking McCoy or Tebow. However, it is still the #1 need for the team.

2) Cornerback---Cedric Griffin has been a liability so far in his career while there isn't much depth behind him. Asher Allen is a project and he seems to be playing well so far in his rookie season. Antoine Winfield has proven his name shouldn't be forgotten but he is only going to be around for another 2-3 years. A player needs to be drafted for future grooming.

3) Defensive End---I highly doubt that the Vikings let Ray Edwards go during the off-season. He has played decent so far in 2009 and if he keeps his play up then the team would be dumb to let him go. However, if he doesn't return in 2010, then a replacement will be needed, for either starting purposes or for competition against Brian Robison.

4) Defensive Tackle---It's evident that Pat Williams hasn't played well so far in 2009 and there are questions regarding how much longer he will be in the league. He has been a constant force during his tenure at Minnesota, but a future player will be needed. Fred Evans is a player to watch as a future starter, but if he doesn't work out then the team could draft a future rock for the LOS.

5) Offensive Guard/Center---I'm not sold on Jonathan Sullivan or Anthony Herrera as long term solutions on the offensive line. If none of the previous four scenarios work out come late April, than the team could look at a player like Matt Tennant or Kristofer O'Dowd.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
My take on the Vikings:

1) Quarterback---It's a longshot that Sage Rosenfels works out as a long term solution at quarterback and Tavaris Jackson will most likely be with another team next season. If the team picks (as projected by most) in the latter part of the order then they will be put in a sticky situation. Unless Tony Pike or Jake Locker keep up their hot streaks this year, then I really don't see the team taking McCoy or Tebow. However, it is still the #1 need for the team.

2) Cornerback---Cedric Griffin has been a liability so far in his career while there isn't much depth behind him. Asher Allen is a project and he seems to be playing well so far in his rookie season. Antoine Winfield has proven his name shouldn't be forgotten but he is only going to be around for another 2-3 years. A player needs to be drafted for future grooming.

3) Defensive End---I highly doubt that the Vikings let Ray Edwards go during the off-season. He has played decent so far in 2009 and if he keeps his play up then the team would be dumb to let him go. However, if he doesn't return in 2010, then a replacement will be needed, for either starting purposes or for competition against Brian Robison.

4) Defensive Tackle---It's evident that Pat Williams hasn't played well so far in 2009 and there are questions regarding how much longer he will be in the league. He has been a constant force during his tenure at Minnesota, but a future player will be needed. Fred Evans is a player to watch as a future starter, but if he doesn't work out then the team could draft a future rock for the LOS.

5) Offensive Guard/Center---I'm not sold on Jonathan Sullivan or Anthony Herrera as long term solutions on the offensive line. If none of the previous four scenarios work out come late April, than the team could look at a player like Matt Tennant or Kristofer O'Dowd.
I disagree with you on that. I think QB is our biggest need, and after that it'd be either DT or DE. Edwards can be upgraded, and while I like Evans, we would still need at least depth at DT. Griffin is an average starter in the NFL at CB. I like Herrera, and he is an above average starter, and I think Sullivan will get a 2nd year to start unless he really bombs.

I would go with:
1. QB
2a. DT
2b. DE
After that, I would say that the rest of the needs are either minor, or just for depth, such as FB, CB, RB.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:02 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Detroit Lions Clearly the Lions have the most question marks. They've added a lot of youth, but that doesn't guarantee much of anything. It's hard to pick just five areas, but I'll give it a try.

Couple things ...

First, pretty fair assessment of the Leo's. I like the building in the trenches strategy. I have been preaching that for 2 years over on Detroit's board!!
I would throw CB in the mix of the top 5 needs over G or RB. I think Detroit's turn over in personnel/schemes has made it difficult to get any solid depth in the defensive backfield. Schwartz likes CB's who tackle in run support, Marinelli wanted zone coverage CB's ... not to mention almost all of the corners Detroit has had are journeymen in the league. If they keep Phillip Buchanon, they need a young CB across from him.
I agree with what several others Lions fans stated, DE DT are a premium and picking them #1 #2 would make a ton of sense. (something like Gerald McCoy/Derrick Morgan would be fantastic?) Depends how GM Mayhew has his board since he is very big on BPA.
Second, I must call you out on da Bears needs. That line is not run blocking right now. Kruetz & C Williams along with Olsen are fantastic but really how confident are you with a LT of the future as Orlando Pace?? Truth be told, on paper he is a Hall of Famer but no question he has lost a step. I think your 2nd rd pick (I think you lost the 1st in the Cutler trade) should be a blindside beast for that franchise QB. Pace may have another year and Williams may move over to LT but if I were in the Bears shoes I would add OTackle to my wish list.

In closing, my top 5 positions for Detroit are as follows:
1)DT
2)DE
3)CB
4)S
5)OL

* notice top 4 are ALL defense ;o)
Old 10-24-2009, 10:22 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when does Chicago pick in the draft now? Cutler & now Adams better be worth giving up day 1 on a very deep & talented draft this year. Not a ton of depth @ LB, Oline & the secondary imho ...
Old 10-24-2009, 11:01 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
when does Chicago pick in the draft now? Cutler & now Adams better be worth giving up day 1 on a very deep & talented draft this year. Not a ton of depth @ LB, Oline & the secondary imho ...
DE was far and away our #1 need. Gaines Adams is much better than any DE that would have been there with our 2nd or even first pick. Cutler speaks for himself.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:04 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not so sure about that. Defensive end is pretty deep this year, especially considering a lot of underclassmen are expected to declare. There are going to be a lot of good ends still available in the 2nd or 3rd Round.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I'm not so sure about that. Defensive end is pretty deep this year, especially considering a lot of underclassmen are expected to declare. There are going to be a lot of good ends still available in the 2nd or 3rd Round.
Care to name some?

Old 11-01-2009, 05:30 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Way too early to know. FA loses and signing will have to be know to determine teams weaknesses and strengths before we can assess draft needs with any accuracy.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Can't C Me

Quote:
Chicago Bears
So much for this prediction. Bears are in the worst shape going forward.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
detknowitall
Veteran

detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.

If your looking at Detroit the Top 5 needs are off.

An OT shouldnt calculate into the top 5 needs. Its a need for sure, and on most other teams probably a top 5 need. When you look at where the Lions are getting sacked from and who's responsible the answers are at OG since Guards arnet a top 10 draft pick consideration it makes sense that you could grab one that would be an upgrade in Detroit in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

And as for RB, I wouldnt list it at top 5. With Kevin Smith on the roster and backups Maurice Morris, and Aaron Brown. I think we can make due until we have Smith back from injury next year. More glaring needs are present.

1. CB - The secondary has been shredded in just about every game this year. We have made average WR's look like Jerry Rice and Randy Moss. How this didnt make the top 5 is beyond my comprehension.

2. DE - Sammy Hill is a rookie that has shown way more than anyone anticipated for a 4th round pick and figures to start next year. Grady Jackson has looked less than spectacular and needs to be replaced. But what you have seen from the DE's this year or havent seen is so lacking that you have no choice but to Draft an impact player here. Its not like we lost a great player on IR, we get Jared Devries back next year. Its not like your getting a pro-bowler back. We need an impact DE.

3. OG - Do the names of Manny Ramirez, Daniel Loper, Stephen Peterman, or Dylan Gandy give you confidance? Do you even know who they are without being told they are OG's on the Detroit Lions? Does it look like you can get a decent running game going with these guys? Enough said.

4. DT- The cupboard is bare here. Not much to say. We just need a big body to plug a hole.

5. WR - So sad to say this after the debacle that drafting WR's have been with the Lions but yes WR is a big time need. you could say a safety here, but if you can fix the CB spot you can move Anthony Henry to Safety, or even Will James. But if you can't threaten on the other side of the field you will never get #81 one on one. You need another guy here who you can go to if the defense wants to take Calvin out of the game.

"We got our Schwartz tangled"
detknowitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 11:00 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Vikings needs list

1. QB- Pretty self explanatory
2. S- Preferably FS, because Madieu Williams has proven to be a huge bust and we still have some young guys at SS in Johnson and Sanford.
3. SLB- Leber is ok, but he can definitely be upgraded
4. DT- Pat Williams is getting up there in age, this position was higher in the beginning of the year before guys like Jimmy Kennedy and Fred Evans started playing well.
5. RB- I think Chester Taylor is probably going to leave after this year.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:10 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
New Vikings needs list

1. QB- Pretty self explanatory
2. S- Preferably FS, because Madieu Williams has proven to be a huge bust and we still have some young guys at SS in Johnson and Sanford.
3. SLB- Leber is ok, but he can definitely be upgraded
4. DT- Pat Williams is getting up there in age, this position was higher in the beginning of the year before guys like Jimmy Kennedy and Fred Evans started playing well.
5. RB- I think Chester Taylor is probably going to leave after this year.
If Edwards leaves, then DE is in the top 3 imo, but if he stays, then I agree with what you have. I think OLB should only be a consideration early, after that, we aren't getting an upgrade.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 12-17-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Detroit

1a) Pass rush either from the DT or DE position. Greatest need, no consistent pass rush. We have to blitz often and we get killed because of it along with terrible corners/SS. McCoy or Derrick Morgan, or Round 2 DT/DE if not in the 1st Round and probably a free agent DE. Avril was such a disappointment, and DeWayne White really really regressed without the Tampa 2 and can't be counted on. Injury prone White. DeVries is back but we could get better at Left End too. Our DTs now are decent against the run(sans Baltimore game) and we have LBs that can make tackles. So a pass rushing DT who is also good against the run makes sense the most, so that would be McCoy.

1b) Secondary help somewhere. Two corners and a strong safety. How we fill this I don't know. Buchanon as a number 2 corner might have to do next year, he's been ok at times as Will James gets picked on due and burnt along with the SS on that side. 1 corner and a SS a must. Eric King back from IR will be interesting to see if he will be nickel corner again. He went down early this year. Round 2 or 3 and free agency at least for secondary help. Buchanon and King may be back though which might have to do but we need a true number 1 corner. Not so easy to find in Round 2 or free agency.

1c) Interior Oline. They like Peterman but he's coming off an injury. LG has been a hole since 2000. At least one guard and pray for Peterman/Raiola to get better. They were after all extended last offseason. One good guard is a must though and will help for sure in the run game. Schwartz likes big boys at guard.

1d) Future LT. Jeff Backus is mediocre. He's not a pure liability and the coaching staff has actually said good comments about him. He has over 100 starts for a reason. He gets hung out to dry but he is very mediocre and due 8.5 million as a cap number. He's 32 will be 33, Okung wouldn't suprise me but still interior Oline help would be needed or Okung would just be hung out to dry too with no interior Oline and a defense that puts us behind every game.

5) RB with the injury to Kevin Smith late in the season, he may be on PUP. We will have to find a starting RB in free agency. Willie Parker anyone. Would love Chester Taylor. Another damn hole due to a freak injury to Smith. Just our luck.

6) 2nd/3rd WR. Bryant Johnson really disappointed. He's signed for 2 more years though so he might be back. Northcutt just doesn't cut it in the slot so they either rely on Derrick Williams to progress from nothing in year 2 or get a FA. Too many other holes though so free agency junk pile of WRs or a late round flyer on a WR.

7) Depth on the Oline and LB. Levy,Foote and Peterson will be a solid LB core again, Sims may or may not be back and Peterson is up there in age. We need some depth at LB and Oline, but with Oline we need starters first lol.

8) backup QB. Culpepper is terrible and Stanton is an embarasssment who can't beat out Culpepper or Dan O last year.

We have over 5 needs for sure that are crucial.

Last edited by Maybe Next Year Millen2 : 12-17-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:01 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
If Edwards leaves, then DE is in the top 3 imo, but if he stays, then I agree with what you have. I think OLB should only be a consideration early, after that, we aren't getting an upgrade.

I agree but I think Edwards sticks around. He's been really good this year, especially against the run.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
detknowitall
Veteran

detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.detknowitall could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
Detroit
7) Depth on the Oline and LB. Levy,Foote and Peterson will be a solid LB core again, Sims may or may not be back and Peterson is up there in age. We need some depth at LB and Oline, but with Oline we need starters first lol.
You didnt honestly list LB as a top 10 Need on this team did you. We have Peterson, Foote (assuming he resigns which it looks like he will), Levy, Sims, Dizon in rotation, Follett in rotation. I'm not saying we couldnt use another LB but its definately not a top 10 NEED.

Spots 1-5 if your looking at most need could be occupied by the DB's and the DL.

"We got our Schwartz tangled"
detknowitall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Overall: I think I can say without a lot of bias that top to bottom the Bears are in the best shape going forward. .
Hind site is fun.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what a difference an urlacher makes.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by detknowitall View Post
You didnt honestly list LB as a top 10 Need on this team did you. We have Peterson, Foote (assuming he resigns which it looks like he will), Levy, Sims, Dizon in rotation, Follett in rotation. I'm not saying we couldnt use another LB but its definately not a top 10 NEED.

Spots 1-5 if your looking at most need could be occupied by the DB's and the DL.
Its obviously the lowest on my list of needs. I would put backup QB up ahead of it after another terrible game by DC/Stanton(other than one drive).

But yes Peterson is up there in age and expensive, Sims could be done here(although he had a good game today), Foote needs to be resigned, Follett on special teams only and Dizon does nothing for me.

Levy is our only long term solution and maybe Peterson for 2 more years. LB in Rounds 5-7 at some point if they are BPA, why not. If we can't get Foote back, keep Sims and move Levy over to the middle. Just hope we have a better Dline up front if that happens because Foote is our only consistent LBer.

Not a high need but still a need. And of course some of the other needs I listed are multiple. For instance pass rush includes a DT and DE and secondary help is three positions of two corners and a SS. But Round 5-7 if a LB is BPA why not or if a free agent LB miraculously wants to come here sure if Sims is gone.