Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 04-28-2009, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donno View Post
Im not as pissed about DHB anymore I'm just pissed that we passed alot of good players in every round we picked. I easily could of had the best draft in the NFL if I picked.
RD 1 - DHB
RD 2 - Everette Brown
RD 3 - Rashad Johnson
RD 4 - Duke Robinson
RD 4 - Jamon Meredith

That right there would make Raider fans **** their pants.
Nope. I'd have still been furious.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel so bad for DHB, I really hope he succeeds. I am not a Raider fan but after seeing Cris Carter trash DHB right before they interviewed him pissed me off. He seems like a good kid who has a ton of ability, but he was really the only big weapon on his team in college. I would love to see him prove the doubters wrong, just not against the Patriots.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:42 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright Abaddon, enough of being negative. The draft is over and we picked who we picked.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I feel so bad for DHB, I really hope he succeeds. I am not a Raider fan but after seeing Cris Carter trash DHB right before they interviewed him pissed me off. He seems like a good kid who has a ton of ability, but he was really the only big weapon on his team in college. I would love to see him prove the doubters wrong, just not against the Patriots.
I'm kinda with you on this...I think the pick might not have been the greatest, but it just comes across as trashing Bey. He has the potential to be a freak (as do many raiders) and if half of them work out, the team could be pretty scary.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Yeah that pissed me off too. Im still upset but DHB is part of the trio and I have accepted it, Im kinda of excited but from round 2 on I will never forgive Al until one of them makes a pro bowl. I really hope DHB does good and Cris Carter is a dick.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The punk chris carter was the most classless and down right disrespectful thing i ever heard coming from any person working for ESPN. This is the same Chris Carter who was what drafted 4th round in a sup draft and was considered a bust early on when he barely saw the field. Someone like chris carter should understand that with determination and hard work you can become anything you want and Bey is a hard working kid who doesnt have the ego trip like numerous wrs in this league.

Mr Crabtree also didnt want to play for us anyway he hitted it in an interview and you see it in the reaction of his face and his fathers face in the replay... so screw him i hope he sucks for san fran and that he is a bust because he was to slow to get separation.

Last edited by Kurve : 04-28-2009 at 11:55 PM.
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Alright Abaddon, enough of being negative. The draft is over and we picked who we picked.
Thanks. I hadn't noticed that.

God damn it.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:44 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oakland fans, don't be upset. The only pick that was truly bad was the Mitchell pick...and that's more because of the opportunities they obviously had to trade down. I actually think the Raiders' draft was pretty good.

I think it's obvious that DHB's got the best chance to be a dominant receiver out of all the WRs in this class. I haven't liked Crabtree as a Top 10 pick for awhile now (3rd-best WR on my board behind DHB (#2) & Maclin (#1)). So it's easy for me to defend the pick. They weren't going to get DHB if they traded down, and why would you trade down if you've got the guy you want right there? DHB was one of the truly elite athletes in this draft who has shown real football skills. He's not Troy Williamson. He's bigger, faster, stronger, more athletic, and more versatile than Michael Crabtree (who has a ton of ?'s). It's a risky pick, but no riskier than taking Crabtree. I did think the right pick for Oakland was Raji, but they're taking way too much heat for DHB.

I don't hate the player, but Mitchell was an awful pick in the 2nd round. If they wanted a safety, William Moore was sitting right there for them. There's no defense for this pick. This is the only pick they should be taking a ton of heat for. Teams were obviously willing to trade up into the 2nd round (and sacrificing a lot to do so), and the Raiders should have jumped at those opportunities.

The rest of the picks, they got a boom/bust WR and 3 very good, highly underrated pass rushers. I really liked those 3 DE picks - Sulak and Norris in particular, are guys I had pegged as guys I'd draft and find a use for no matter what defense I ran...and not just because they have awesome names (which, unfortunately, is probably why Al drafted them).
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:45 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, people made fun of Al when he drafted Aso in the first round...
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
One lucky pick doesn't change years of terrible drafting.

God damn it.

Old 05-05-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On an interview Cable had with KHTK, he describes the drafting of mitchell like so: "we needed a box safety, a guy that could give us a real physical presence in helping stop the run" ... Wasn't Gibril an 'in the box safety' who had multiple years of NFL experience and could adeqautely cover? The Mitchell pick is so freaking risky, I like his upside, but c'mon, he is probably going to be a huge liability if he plays. Gibril is a high caliber nfl player who has proven himself and he couldnt do a thing about the run defense, you'd think the most logical thing would be to draft a huge DT along the likes of Ron Brace, who was there for the taking before we foolishly traded the pick to NE.

It's funny, we try to patch up the run D by drafting a safety...
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
It's funny, we try to patch up the run D by drafting a safety...
Defies logic, eh?

God damn it.

Old 05-05-2009, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Even a broken clock is right twice a day..
Old 05-05-2009, 11:59 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_kid16 View Post
nice UDFA signing with Frantz Joseph from FAU.

Solid pickup
Cannot believe he went undrafted, I fully expect him to make the team and be a starter sooner then later in this league, his instincts, awareness, and the way he plays the run is top notch in this draft, phsyical attributes and potential is probably why he wasn't drafted but it's still shocking to me.

Very good pick up...I thought he fit the 3-4 perfectly though, but he should be fine as a Mike wherever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya Im very happy we got Joseph. I hope he can be a good MLB or SLB to go along with Howard and Morrison.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 05-12-2009, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Going by Jerry Mac's blog, Joseph looks pretty slow. He may not have the speed to play at this level.

Sure would be nice to have a decent MLB, though.

God damn it.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Going by Jerry Mac's blog, Joseph looks pretty slow. He may not have the speed to play at this level.

Sure would be nice to have a decent MLB, though.
Ya he seems like a situational running downs and goal-line linebacker.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Way to much pressure on mr. bay
hawkeye123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:42 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

I allready knew DHB wouldnt be good for another 2-3 years. Ive liked Murphy so far. Looks like a great #2, and with Schilens hopefully coming back this week we have alright young WR core with Schilens, Murphy, DHB and Higgins. Now Russell just has to be accurate

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 10-06-2009, 08:49 AM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Draft wishlist for now

Round 1 - Best d-lineman available
Round 2 - Best tackle available
Round 3 - Best linebacker available

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote