Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 10-05-2009, 10:35 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 9ers RT concerns

ED: Sorry for dbl-post, it was in the Rams game thread --

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB
Ditto, the O-Line was pissing me off today. The interior was getting its ass kicked all game than the tackles came to the ass kicking party in the second half.
Yes, they have serious issues at RT. Marvel Smith, Snyder (benched), then Pashos who's a guy from another team's PS or waiver wire, I'd say that's a sure sign of trouble.

Watching the Sheep massacre Sunday I LOLed at them benching a former no. 1 pick in Barron for underachieving, so I thought How long has it been since SF drafted an OL no. 1? Kwame Harris from Stanford, who couldn't pass block in the NFL to save his life, under the Donahue Disaster? Was it trading next yr's top pick to NE for the chance to take Staley? Point being it's time for this team who has 2 numero uno picks next April in its pocket to consider drafting a run-blocking human road grader at RT. Cheaper than a FA & those arent available every offseason.

Hell yes they should've taken Oher over Crabtree but I'm wearing those 20-20 hindsight glasses here. Some names for perusal (srs. only):

* John Jerry, Sr., 6-5, 355, Ole Miss, played with Oher & was maybe better. Considered 1st rd. material like Oher until Nutt talked him into returning for sr. yr. Watch him vs. the Bama 3-4 this weekend, if he can keep Deaderick off Snead or handle Cody.
* Kyle Calloway, 6-7, 310, Iowa, Ferentz' program is noted for producing plug-n-play NFL-ready O-linemen.
* Sam Young, 6-8, 330, Notre Dame, 1st ND OL starter as freshman since 1972, 4-yr. starter, Outland Trophy Watch List.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Yes, they have serious issues at RT. Marvel Smith, Snyder (benched), then Pashos who's a guy from another team's PS or waiver wire, I'd say that's a sure sign of trouble.
He started 31 of 32 games for the Jag at RT. They let him go because they drafted two OTs.

Quote:
* Sam Young, 6-8, 330, Notre Dame, 1st ND OL starter as freshman since 1972, 4-yr. starter, Outland Trophy Watch List.
There are other OTs who are better than Sam Young. We need someone on Okung's level.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote: Originally Posted by LizardState

There are other OTs who are better than Sam Young. We need someone on Okung's level.
Okung is listed as Oklahoma St's LT, top-ranked OT by rivals.com & others. He did play RT his freshman yr. though & run blocking is considered one of his strengths. He's too high on everyone's radar, the 9ers would have to trade up to get him & pay him mega-guaranteed $, that's too pricey for a RT. Pashos may be the answer as mentioned if he's willing to play for < 1/4th of what would've been his salary in J-ville this yr.

I listed Young b/c he's an Outland material RT & highly profiled as all ND pro prospects are. He will be a 3rd-5th rd. if that high & therefore affordable. The downside is that he was p/o that ND OL that was absolutely awful last 2 yrs, but has come around this season.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about RT Jon Runyan? How well would he fit in with the rest of our OL? Another option could be Levi Jones even though he's used to playing LT. When healthy, Jones was a very good OT. Both could be an upgrade over Pashos/Snyder/Sims.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I listed Young b/c he's an Outland material RT & highly profiled as all ND pro prospects are. He will be a 3rd-5th rd. if that high & therefore affordable. The downside is that he was p/o that ND OL that was absolutely awful last 2 yrs, but has come around this season.
See, I look at that Panthers' pick we now own as potentially being a top 15 pick, maybe even top 10.

Old 10-06-2009, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
See, I look at that Panthers' pick we now own as potentially being a top 15 pick, maybe even top 10.
Top 10 for sure, Top 12 at worst. I'm loving it!

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

in Scott's new mock we have:

#8 (f/CAR): TRENT WILLIAMS, OT, OKLAHOMA
#23: PATRICK ROBINSON, CB, FLORIDA STATE

An awesome RT and the supposed best CB? I'll take it.

Old 10-06-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll pass on Robinson. I think he's a good athlete but way overhyped. If we wanna go cornerback I say we take one early in the Nate Clements clone Joe Haden out of Florida. Than nab Selvish Capers or Sam Young with our 2nd 1st round pick

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

We HAVE to get an elite O-lineman, all the best teams have amazing o-lines. As for defense, I would love to see someone who can get to the QB without effort (hoping they are already on the roster) or a shutdown CB, as you can never have enough talented CBs.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:16 PM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So according to Maiocco's twitter MC Hammer was present with Crabtree and Parker, not sure if he was at the meeting, and also, according to hotel staff, Crabtree told Hammer "get it done". I am happy this has dragged out far enough to somehow get MC Hammer involved. Anyway we can get Hammer as part of the Crabtree deal?
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:24 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please Hammer, don't hurt 'em

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 02:37 AM    (permalink
AS11toFG21
Rookie

AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.AS11toFG21 is a cocksman.

Don't be surprised if, in his debut, Crabtree is wearing parachute pants.
AS11toFG21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 05:46 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know there is a "Can't touch this" joke in this somewhere.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:19 AM    (permalink
agubie
Rookie

agubie is a cocksman.agubie is a cocksman.agubie is a cocksman.agubie is a cocksman.
Default Crabtree Signs.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4538482

Crabtree signs a 6 year deal that can be voided at 5 if Crabtree has 2 good years out of his first 4.
agubie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:49 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agubie View Post

Crabtree signs a 6 year deal that can be voided at 5 if Crabtree has 2 good years out of his first 4.
The phrase.... It's about time..... just doesn't justify this whole ordeal does it?

Glad to have him on the team, and very happy he has 3/4 of the rest of the season to contribute. By the time november roles around we could be pretty potent. That's assuming Davis continues to dominate the middle of the field, and we find a way to pound people to death. To have a threat on the edge like Crab .... i'm trying to not get too excited. So i'll stop here.
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:33 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Us drafting a cb early makes no sense whatsoever. We need to solidify the trenches, especially on offense. I could see us going Safety for our second pick though. CB? That's ridiculous, the team is pretty darn deep at CB right now, Brown, Clements, Bly, Spencer, all solid and all could start...no CB or WR this draft please...we are set on the exterior, time to dominate the trenches. Still no consistent pass rush, still no pass protection, still no playmakers at Safety...it should be pretty clear what the priorities are come draft day.
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:38 AM    (permalink
txparkes49x
Veteran

txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CRABTREE SIGNED according to ESPN! im excited it got done. he has been a huge tool as of late but if he gets to be the receiver we drafted ill be cool with it. but he better shut his mouth and practice with no **** going down. A LOT to prove
Old 10-07-2009, 07:39 AM    (permalink
king2am
Veteran

king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.king2am is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4538498

Jets trade for Braylon Edwards. Shortly after Crabtree flies out to San Fran, and a deal is done, the Jets go and get a big play wide out.

Is Rex Ryan SURE there wasnt' tampering going on?
king2am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 07:45 AM    (permalink
txparkes49x
Veteran

txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.txparkes49x is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOW! thats... thats very true. there must have been tempering somewhere down the line.
Old 10-07-2009, 08:36 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Finally, today is a good day.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by king2am View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4538498

Jets trade for Braylon Edwards. Shortly after Crabtree flies out to San Fran, and a deal is done, the Jets go and get a big play wide out.

Is Rex Ryan SURE there wasnt' tampering going on?
Well, if there was, he's trading all his Draft picks away that the Niners would have received in compensation anyways. :) The deal for Edwards reportedly includes a 3rd and a 5th with the two players.

It's going to be great to have Crabtree in a Niner uniform finally. Look for him to be active in a limited role after the bye week.

I'm wondering who will get the axe to make room for him on the roster. I actually hope that the Niners release Spurlock and place him on the PS (they opened a spot yesterday) so that Hill can stick around. I think releasing Hill would be a mistake, and another wasted recent high draft pick (3rd Round). The Spurlock experiment has not worked. C'mon Sing, this isn't a Mike Nolan team anymore! If they are in love with Spurlock still, then Battle could be the guy to go, as he likely won't be resigned next year anyways. I know he has been Mr. dependable through the last few "non-glory" years, but I think the time has come to move on.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:52 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dude.. I love Ahmad Brooks

Old 10-07-2009, 10:41 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

Here's a thought: on their 1st series of downs Sunday, on 1st down line up Crabtree in the slot & send him on a fly pattern to the post, flag, whatever, Hill play-actions, does his 5-step drop then throw it at him as far as he can, about 65 yds.

It would be worth it to see the look of panic on the Atlanta assts' faces whether Crabtree catches it or not. And watch what kind of huge cushion the Falcons corners give him after that. I think it would be safe to say that after that homerun to the slant & short zone stuff to the slot receiver will be wide open the rest of the game.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
can be voided at 5 if Crabtree has 2 good years out of his first 4.
well considering that the organization does an amazing job of paying and re-signing guys, I think he'll be in SF for a long time if that last year is voided.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:07 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

I'm at odds with this upcoming draft..

Do we draft a QB? Go with Hill? develop Nate Davis?

Trent Williams is the best RT prospect on the boards. Do we take him? Colt McCoy would be available with our 2nd 1st rounder to we take him?