Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-12-2009, 03:32 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has there really been anyone here critical of the Bears FO for getting rid of him?
Old 10-12-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I had this kind of nasty speech there at the people who think the Bears are dumb for cutting him...

But while he was there, he had the trifecta of issues: Sucked on the field, Injured a bit too much, and lots of problems off the field.

Any team would have cut him. Had the Bears not cut him when they did, everyone would have been critical of them as a franchise for harboring such a bad seed.

Props to Benson for turning it around, but any one of us would have cut him if we were in the Bears shoes.
Nah, you can't blame the Bears for cutting him. He was down right awful with the Bears. Maybe getting cut opened his eyes and he realized he had better start focusing on improving himself as a player if he wanted to make it in this league.

Sadly thats just how it goes sometimes in the NFL. Either way, Forte is pretty awesome so I wouldn't look back too much in regret or distain for people who says it's a bad move.

It's like the Giants trading Ryan Grant for a 6th round pick. Sure he's been pretty good with the Packers but at the time we had three excellent running backs and still have two very excellent backs right now.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Nah, you can't blame the Bears for cutting him. He was down right awful with the Bears. Maybe getting cut opened his eyes and he realized he had better start focusing on improving himself as a player if he wanted to make it in this league.

Sadly thats just how it goes sometimes in the NFL. Either way, Forte is pretty awesome so I wouldn't look back too much in regret or distain for people who says it's a bad move.

It's like the Giants trading Ryan Grant for a 6th round pick. Sure he's been pretty good with the Packers but at the time we had three excellent running backs and still have two very excellent backs right now.
I dunno if I would of called Benson downright awful. While he certainly didnt perform like the Top 5 pick he was drafted as, he did have over 4 YPC his first two years, and never had over 200 carries as a Bear. So while he did have his off field issues and his injuries, I dont think its fair to call him absolutely atrocious. He was never really given a shot to be the true #1 they drafted him to be because Thomas Jones broke out the year he was drafted.

Im not critiquing the Bears for cutting him. I would of cut his ass too. It seemed every month there was a new headline starring Benson in some sort of off the field incident. I wouldnt of put up with that immature **** either. Its good to see him turn it around, I was a big fan of his running style at Texas. But the Bears were absolutely right in letting him go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Has there really been anyone here critical of the Bears FO for getting rid of him?
No. And that was not the point of the thread really.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do think the Bears could have handled a lot of things differently and coaxed some real production out of him, but by the time he got cut it was the right move.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I dunno if I would of called Benson downright awful. While he certainly didnt perform like the Top 5 pick he was drafted as, he did have over 4 YPC his first two years, and never had over 200 carries as a Bear. So while he did have his off field issues and his injuries, I dont think its fair to call him absolutely atrocious. He was never really given a shot to be the true #1 they drafted him to be because Thomas Jones broke out the year he was drafted.

Im not critiquing the Bears for cutting him. I would of cut his ass too. It seemed every month there was a new headline starring Benson in some sort of off the field incident. I wouldnt of put up with that immature **** either. Its good to see him turn it around, I was a big fan of his running style at Texas. But the Bears were absolutely right in letting him go.
I'd beg to differ about him being awful. Maybe not the worst in the league, but their were some games where he was absolutely brutal for the Bears.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
He was never really given a shot to be the true #1 they drafted him to be because Thomas Jones broke out the year he was drafted.
I have to disagree with this. His first year he hurt himself with his holdout and was slow learn his blocking assignments in the passing game. He got a chance to start later in the year when Jones got banged up a bit but he got hurt that same game and was out most of the rest of the year.

His second year the organization handed him the starting job (much to the chagrin of the rest of team that saw Thomas Jones as the leader of the offense) without even letting him and Jones compete. He hurt his arm in early in training camp and then Jones took back his job and ran the Bears to the Superbowl.

After the Superbowl year the Bears traded away Thomas Jones who had steadily outperformed him and handed the starting job to Benson on a silver platter again. When they drafted a backup RB, they overlooked many all purpose backs and went with Garrett Wolfe, who was purely a complementary back that would never ever challenge Benson for the starting job. They went out their way to ensure there wasn't any doubt that Benson was their guy.

In his time in Chicago he was either injured or out played, and in the end it was the disciplinary issues that did him in so I don't think anyone can say he wasn't given a chance to show what he could do.

Also one thing that stings with the Benson era is when the Bears had the chance to trade up to the sixth overall pick from the Redskins, they passed on the opportunity to draft Adrian Peterson one spot ahead of the Vikings because they had so much confidence that Benson was their guy. One year later Benson is no longer on the team. Ugh.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea but if we had traded for the 6th overall we wouldve lost briggs who was at that point a big part in our defense, even if he was disgruntled. Right now, he is prolly the best player on our defense and prolly the best 4-3 OLB. With AD having some issues, the FO decided to rather give Benson another chance. And Olsen is not that bad either

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:12 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Cedric would have a good year but not this good. It's been a pleasant surprise for the fantasy team...haha

In my Truths thread before the year I projected 1200 yards and 10 scores but yards-wise he looks like he pass that

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never, ever, underestimate the power of the contract year. He isn't the only one, Ronnie Brown is playing much better this year than last year certainly because he is due to be a FA.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:23 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Never, ever, underestimate the power of the contract year. He isn't the only one, Ronnie Brown is playing much better this year than last year certainly because he is due to be a FA.
his contract year is next season I believe.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 02:10 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
The Bears made him filthy rich. More money is always good, but i sincerely don't think it's that. He played this way towards the end of last year as well.