Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, we're talking all time elite RB's here. Guys like Bradshaw, Lynch and Benson are nowhere near that level.

Durability was brought up. Part of being durable is training hard, knowing how to take care of your body, and having the discipline to do proper rehab when necessary. Hard working, high character, high intelligence RB's know how to take care of their bodies and increase their chances of having long careers.

I don't agree that all positions have the same correlation of elite players having high character and intelligence. I can't think of any RB I think of as elite getting into any trouble during his career. I see guys like Lawrence Taylor and Michael Irvin who got in major legal trouble while playing, but were still elite.

Oh, and Emmitt Smith was a smart football player. He may not be good as a speaker, but he has a good head for competing.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Ok, we're talking all time elite RB's here. Guys like Bradshaw, Lynch and Benson are nowhere near that level.

Durability was brought up. Part of being durable is training hard, knowing how to take care of your body, and having the discipline to do proper rehab when necessary. Hard working, high character, high intelligence RB's know how to take care of their bodies and increase their chances of having long careers.

I don't agree that all positions have the same correlation of elite players having high character and intelligence. I can't think of any RB I think of as elite getting into any trouble during his career. I see guys like Lawrence Taylor and Michael Irvin who got in major legal trouble while playing, but were still elite.

Oh, and Emmitt Smith was a smart football player. He may not be good as a speaker, but he has a good head for competing.
so you are basically saying if you are smart at playing football you gonna be a good football player?

that is kinda tautological

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote