Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 09-05-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teel looked good. He looke like a rookie, but he definitely held his own out there. Greene didn't do a whole lot, which is probably why he got cut.

Jack Ikegwuonu also got cut. TR you need to get us another CB make it happen!
Old 09-06-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sort of weird when a starter gets cut. (Brian Russell) They'll find out real quick Lawyer Malloy isnt the answer but in reality whoever is back there is keeping the seat warm for Mays or Berry.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:20 AM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ikegwuonu signed to Eagles practice squad...not happy.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McIntosh heading to Seattle for a visit

I'm sorry.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:08 AM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright guys I'm not even gonna lie, I figured that if the bears can beat the steelers they sure as hell can beat the injury ridden seahawks. With that said I think we played a helluva game, I think the defense looked really good except for deon grant taking travis fisher out on that last play haha. I was extremely pleased with our linebackers, hawthorne is a beast, herring goes non stop, and aaron curry is starting to get it and he looks real good. Overall if mare had made those field goals we would have gone into OT and I believe we had a reall good chance to win that ball game. I saw some of Mora's press conference after the game, haha he was pissed as hell at Mare and rightfully so, so i wouldnt be too surprised if couto comes back or someone else

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex
HawkEye30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:05 AM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another thing i was pleased with was brandon frye, now im not a 100% but i don't think he gave a sack up and he played better than locklear was at lt, actually the o-line played better than i thought they would

Old 09-28-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^
They did play well but you arent going to win consistantly in the NFL with that many injuries. Players and coaches dont admit it but it's fact.

At some point they are going to have to address the backup QB position. I don't know if Mike Teel is the eventual answer but Matt cant seem to stay on the field and Seneca is just a stop gap. One of those two 1st round picks is going to have to be a QB of the future. The other is probably going to be a safety or a LT.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Out-

LT Walter Jones (Possibly done forever)
LT Sean Locklear
CB Marcus Trufant (PUP)
OLB Leroy Hill
QB Matt Hasselbeck

Questionable-
OT Brandon Frye
CB Josh Wilson

**** it's going to be brutal this weekend.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:47 AM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Out-

LT Walter Jones (Possibly done forever)
LT Sean Locklear
CB Marcus Trufant (PUP)
OLB Leroy Hill
QB Matt Hasselbeck

Questionable-
OT Brandon Frye
CB Josh Wilson

**** it's going to be brutal this weekend.
haha yes but you have to look at the positives, there's a CHANCE dwight freeny wont play, which could mean we won't give up as many sacks as if he did play.

Old 10-03-2009, 12:32 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkEye30 View Post
haha yes but you have to look at the positives, there's a CHANCE dwight freeny wont play, which could mean we won't give up as many sacks as if he did play.
Still, Seneca is gonna be on his back a lot this week. not excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Can we please get a RB who is worth a damn in the ZBS? Cutting Jones and James and getting two RBs off of waivers would probably improve our run game as sad as that is. Ryan Torain (Shanny loved him) and/or Selvin Young anyone?
Old 10-08-2009, 07:42 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Can we please get a RB who is worth a damn in the ZBS? Cutting Jones and James and getting two RBs off of waivers would probably improve our run game as sad as that is. Ryan Torain (Shanny loved him) and/or Selvin Young anyone?
CJ SPILLER.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
CJ SPILLER.
But that doesn't help us now lol. Personally I would rather spend our second first rounder on a LT if we take any other position first (Locker plzzzz) or a DB if we miss the QBs and take a LT with our first pick. I like the value at RB later much more than I do at LT.

There is a chance either best or Spiller will be there in round 2. That and this is a really stacked RB class. For eligible guys you have Best, Spiller, Dwyer, Murray, Gerhart, Devine, Royster, McKnight, Cooper, and Matthews just off the top of my head. All the juniors won't declare obviously but even if half of them do we will still have quite a few choices after round 1.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:58 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But that doesn't help us now lol. Personally I would rather spend our second first rounder on a LT if we take any other position first (Locker plzzzz) or a DB if we miss the QBs and take a LT with our first pick. I like the value at RB later much more than I do at LT.

There is a chance either best or Spiller will be there in round 2. That and this is a really stacked RB class. For eligible guys you have Best, Spiller, Dwyer, Murray, Gerhart, Devine, Royster, McKnight, Cooper, and Matthews just off the top of my head. All the juniors won't declare obviously but even if half of them do we will still have quite a few choices after round 1.
well if we hadn't drafted a 4-3 OLB instead of a franchise QB we could've gone RB-LT in rd. 1....

I'm just a huge Spiller fan is all.

Let's salvage this season, a win at home vs JAC and then another vs ARZ and we're right back in it.... and I'm the pessimist!!!!!!!!
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 01:47 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
well if we hadn't drafted a 4-3 OLB instead of a franchise QB we could've gone RB-LT in rd. 1....

I'm just a huge Spiller fan is all.

Let's salvage this season, a win at home vs JAC and then another vs ARZ and we're right back in it.... and I'm the pessimist!!!!!!!!
Works out better for us if we get Locker over anything that we would've gotten last year. Come draft day the question isn't going to be how far will Jake slide, but how high will he go? Come draft day, if they need to, they need to package both of their picks together and get him. Keep him home!!!!

As for the season here is the key to salvaging it: Getting healthy. Mora is enough of a raw-raw guy that he can pick up the team, but he can't win if 3/4 of the starting line-up is out. With Jones likely out for October, this offensive line really needs to start picking it up.

And as it is, I don't really like Spiller. I'd rather have Jahvid Best. You can sign effective RB's off the street (GB did it with Samkon Gado) but if you want best results you take one in the draft. I don't understand why Ruskell doesn't understand this key concept. You typically don't get good RB's in FA because their locked up long before then.

So here's my message to Ruskell: Do whatever it takes to bring in Jake Locker and draft a RB in one of the first 3 rounds this year!!!! (Finding a replacement for Walter Jones would appreciated too)

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 03:11 AM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Garrard is in for a real surprise. I hope he likes 1st and 15's...

"It's really hard for me to believe that this place is going to be louder than Indianapolis' old stadium."
Old 10-10-2009, 10:09 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hahaha even at whatever our record is, you know its gonna be a loud game.

12TH MAN STAND UP!

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good game y'all. Hasselbeck seems to be back.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:44 AM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

I usually like my mock draft outcomes, I'm not feeling so great about this one though. The top 3 QBs got taken before me :(. Maybe I should have taken Hayden over Campbell but I didn't want to have to pray to get him at pick 21 especially when he's my 2nd OT.

My first two picks were...
14. Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland- After Bulaga and William's struggles he's my #2 OT now. I can't complain about this pick, although I might have gotten Gerald McCoy if I didn't take him with the Titans and he might have fell to 21 if I took Haden. I was probably going to take Haden but I didn't see the time slots got changed, so the Texans jumped me and took him.

21. Allen Bailey, DT, Miami- Outside of this weekend our run D has been terrible and Bailey is a monster against both the run and getting to the QB. None of our DTs really stand out except Mebane in my opinion.

I got stuck at pick 21. I don't think any of the RBs are worth it, I already got a LT, Haden was gone, so I took Bailey before my clock ran out. I hope things change at CB because I really don't know who we would take here.

At pick 36 although I really wanted to grab a corner Cox and Robinson were gone and there was Greg Hardy. He was just too valuable at this point and I couldn't pass on him. I like the Giants philosophy of there's no such thing as too many pass rushers. Kerney is getting up there in age and is often injured as well. I considered Earl Thomas here but Hardy was just too much value.

I can't go without taking a RB so I'm going to hope I can get Ryan Matthews tomorrow. I love this guy and I think he's a perfect fit for the ZBS.

Ideally in this scenario we could have signed a CB in free agency and resigned Lucas + moved him to FS. This mock definitely didn't go how I planned but doing this really made me realize how tough of a spot we might be in with the pick from the Broncos. Our pass rush would be beastly that's for sure lol.
Old 10-16-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LT & 2 defensive linemen would be nice. Our platoon at DT, other than Mebane, really hasn't been solid yet. However, Kerney is getting older, so I like the pick of Hardy. Even if he is only a situational pass rusher.

Old 10-19-2009, 06:20 AM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Mora officially gives up on the season
http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seaha...r-hawks-focus/
Old 10-19-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Mora officially gives up on the season
http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seaha...r-hawks-focus/
Well after they lose at Dallas in two weeks they're going to be 2-5. Anyone thinking playoffs is nuts. Probably something a coach isnt going to say too often that they're out of it (or even hint that) but they're out of it. I actually would rather see them lose a bunch of games and rebuild with a great draft but i'm sure they'll play all their games to win.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Well after they lose at Dallas in two weeks they're going to be 2-5. Anyone thinking playoffs is nuts. Probably something a coach isnt going to say too often that they're out of it (or even hint that) but they're out of it. I actually would rather see them lose a bunch of games and rebuild with a great draft but i'm sure they'll play all their games to win.
I think it's a realistic assessment that we aren't making the playoffs but I just thought it was odd to hear from Mora this early in the season, especially since we still are waiting on quite a few key guys to come back from injuries. I'm used to coaches being overly optimistic.

The Chiefs should have beat the Cowboys and with the way they're playing this year you can't guarantee anything. We have a legit shot at beating them, not because we are playing really well but because they just haven't looked good this year. Romo is having a terrible season and they're really struggling with their pass rush. I'm not counting on a win but if the Chiefs can put up a fight we definitely can, especially if we have Trufant, Locklear, and Hill playing.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:48 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Seriously. Mora should never say that, but he has every right to.
Our line is in shambles and Walter Jones is probably done. Matty has missed a lot this season and you have to wonder how much he has left in the reserves. Our RB's are bad. On the bright side Deon Butler has looked great and John Carlson has been also lookin great. On D our line sucks, best player is out for a long time (might not be season anymore I'm hearing), and our secondary is whack.

Quote:

Old 10-20-2009, 11:00 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

This is going to be a thoroughly disturbing season. It's just so frustrating to see this team show a flash of greatness against Jacksonville then turn around and look about as bad as possible against Arizona. I don't think we could've beat the Rams the way we played Sunday.

There really isn't anything that can be done about injuries except to get younger. Lets be perfectly honest with ourselves, this team is likely not even gonna reach .500 this year. Something needs to be done, mainly a large rebuilding effort. We need to find a replacement to Hasselbeck, Jones (Julius & Walter), Kerney, etc. Also, this plague of injuries on the offensive line is not going to stop until we get multiple new players in there. Once these guys start to get hurt they never stop.