Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 10-19-2009, 09:03 AM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 6: San Diego Chargers

Primetime game for us tonight, pretty important for both teams really, Denver needs to get as big of a lead as they can, we saw what happened last year.

Will be interesting to see our stout defense (man who would of ever thought a Bronco fan could call their defense stout) against the San Diego offense which can be very explosive, especially when they let Rivers loose.

Will be interested to see how many times Dumervil gets held tonight without there being a holding call, I'd say at least 10-15.

San Diego's defense hasn't looked good all year, we should be able to move the ball pretty well against them.

Despite being 5-0 the Broncos really need this win, with @Baltimore Pittsburgh NYGiants @KC @Indy @Philly left on the schedule, that is potentially 6 losses right there. 10-6 can probably win the division however, but still would be nice to get as big of a cushion as possible.

Prediction: Broncos 24 Chargers 21

What do you guys think?
Old 10-19-2009, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't feel great about this game. IMO, the team is in danger of a letdown after the emotional win last week vs the Pats. SD Eggo has their backs to the wall and had the bye week to get healthy / prepare for us.

The way to win this game is grab a lead then grind down the clock in the second half. The SD defense is vulnerable and we need to keep them on the field - deny Rivers those opportunities for late-game heroics.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think tonight is the night our defense (pass in specific) falls apart.

The law of averages states that Tomlinson or Sproles will have a huge game, which worries me. Tomlinson is due for a big game.

But what really worries me is I get the feeling that our Pass Defense is gonna get murdered all game, and we are going to have a hard time rushing the passer. Dumervil might get shut down by McNeil, and if he does, then we are going to be hard pressed to generate other pressure.

I sincerely hope that I will be eating crow again tomorrow morning, because crow is this year's filet mignon, but...

Chargers 35 Broncos 17
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:46 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6-0, guys. This one shocked me, but this team is unreal right now. Whenever we need a play, someone steps up. Be it Special Teams, Defense or offense. this is the best team we've had in a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At halftime I was pretty sure we were beat. The offense looked terrible, and the defense looked vulnerable (Dawkins hurt), and apart from Eddie Royal we generally stunk. Didnt think that we could turn it around AGAIN in the second half.

They are a totally different football team in the second half. The pressure on Rivers turned into hits and sacks, and the o-line started dominating. Those two plays where DJ just picked up Tomlinson and ran him backwards into Rivers were awesome.

We still look like a pop warner team when we have less than a yard to go. I cant believe that we have resorted to trying to jump over the pile at the line of scrimmage to get that yard in the middle of the field. It is embarrassing, and IMO we will never be able to win a playoff game until it is fixed. We are an offense that will have a lot off third downs because of the ball control style, and if we are continually getting stuffed on third and one we cant be a great team.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm wondering where Scheffler was the past 2 seasons. Cutler's rookie year, they seemed to have special chemistry, and, statistically, Scheffler was the Best TE in football those last 4 weeks. Then he disappeared for 2 seasons. He was back tonight, though and boy was I glad to see him.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-19-2009, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
We still look like a pop warner team when we have less than a yard to go. I cant believe that we have resorted to trying to jump over the pile at the line of scrimmage to get that yard in the middle of the field. It is embarrassing, and IMO we will never be able to win a playoff game until it is fixed.
IMO, the team will be looking at adding some beef to the interior OL this offseason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
I'm wondering where Scheffler was the past 2 seasons. Cutler's rookie year, they seemed to have special chemistry, and, statistically, Scheffler was the Best TE in football those last 4 weeks. Then he disappeared for 2 seasons. He was back tonight, though and boy was I glad to see him.
He's had a hard time with injuries the last few seasons, but he looks to be okay now. He seems to be McD's kind of player and, as was demonstrated tonight, our coaching staff can take advantage of his size/speed/skill to get some pretty favorable matchups in the passing game. Hope to see more of that as the season goes on.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
awesome.

i almost can't wait for the excuses "well it took 2 kick returns for tds to win, so they're still not that good".

on the plus side, with games remaining against oakland, kc (2) and washington, even i have a hard time imagining a scenario where we don't at least have a winning record.

also, the defense is immeasurably different when dawkins isn't on the field. best free agent pickup we've had in a really long time.
You're up 3.5 games techincally so with all those easy games left I don't see how you lose the division.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:00 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
awesome.

i almost can't wait for the excuses "well it took 2 kick returns for tds to win, so they're still not that good".

on the plus side, with games remaining against oakland, kc (2) and washington, even i have a hard time imagining a scenario where we don't at least have a winning record.

also, the defense is immeasurably different when dawkins isn't on the field. best free agent pickup we've had in a really long time.
Agreed on all counts. For the first point, we got 2, but they still got one. If you take away both ours, you have to take away theirs' too, and that leads to us winning by 4.
We have some tough games coming up, but if we take care of business, we could at least get 3 of NYG/PHI/PIT/BAL/SD/IND. In fact, the only game I say no chance we win is Indianapolis. Peyton has killed us too many times. I also don't think we beat the Giants, but I can at least see it happening. And luckily this team hasn't played down to the level of it's competition all year, so I feel confident with us beating the weak teams left on the sched. I could see 12, even 13 wins from this squad if the team(especially Dawkins, Orton and Elvis) stay healthy.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-20-2009, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
the injuries were scary. dawkins' wasn't bad, but if he ends up missing a couple of key games, i'm not sure the defense would hold up. that's about the only way i see us melting down like last year.
It would hurt but Dawkins is a tough guy. Even if he did get injured those 4 games should really help you. The Giants are going to have a tough game playing you Thanksgiving night also. We'll be on 4 days rest after coming off playing the Falcons. You'll be on 4 days also but you don't have to make the flight at least.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-20-2009, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
I sincerely hope that I will be eating crow again tomorrow morning, because crow is this year's filet mignon, but...
Yo Jimmy, breakfast is served.

Enjoy, bro.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
true enough... i'm sort of looking forward to that game. i don't really think the giants do any one thing particularly well (which isn't meant at all as a slight), but they play all around very well. it'll be interesting to me to see what mcdaniels and nolan do with that.
I'm getting very excited about that game as well. We're still about a month away but it's going to be a good one. Maybe we'll be the team to end your undefeated streak again. :)

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-20-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Jimmy, you on the bandwagon for real yet? Even njx has ditched the pessimism!

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-20-2009, 12:14 AM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Pretty sure that's a sign of the Apocalypse
Old 10-20-2009, 12:16 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got home at halftime and enjoyed a hell of a 2nd half. Doom is other worldly around the outside. There is nothing I enjoy more than watching Rivers get put on his ass over and over. I have high hopes for Scheffler, I really want him to be more involved in the offense. Moreno didn't look great, but Buckhalter still looked good.

I also can't wait for the Broncos v Giants game...no work that day so I can see the whole thing. Pretty awesome.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:31 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats to Denver fans, especially those that stuck by the team this offseason. All those wholesale changes have paid off tenfold. Gotta give credit to your fabulous owner. He's the one who sensed that something was rotten inside of the team since that 05 season and wasn't afraid to blow it up, including giving his good friend, who won him two rings, the axe. Now you're the toast of the NFL. It's galling, but the Chargers are clearly a team at a crossroads, and Denver is certainly a team on the rise, getting better each week. Enjoy it.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:06 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The second I jump on this team will collapse.
But I'm aboard
Old 10-20-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most satisfying win of the season. Nothing like seeing the look of defeat on Philip Rivers' face. This team will win at least 12, I think.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Edit: *Delete*

Last edited by Jimmy : 03-07-2010 at 10:09 PM.