Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

View Poll Results: Who ya got?
Baltimore Ravens 7 50.00%
Minnesota Vikings 7 50.00%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2009, 03:25 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 14,047
Reputation: 2256192
A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

well that was disappointing, to say the least.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
The APS is strong in this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 10,939
Reputation: 4603369
TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

**** YOU HAUSCHKA!!!! Miss from 44. Are you kidding me!!

On a more positive note Flacco was excellent and Raymell was godly.
__________________

Last edited by TACKLE : 10-18-2009 at 03:53 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NOVA
Posts: 3,550
Reputation: 104940
BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I'm sure everyone is pissed at Hauscka, but lets face it, the defense played like **** today. They broke down in the 4th quarter on the game winning drive like they normally do and allowed Longwell to kick the Game winning FG, sure Hasuscka let us all down, but in the end, the offense put up 31, and even the Detriot Lion defense can hold offenses under 33. Absolutely pathetic by the Ravens defense. Mattison needs to go and Clarence Brooks needs to be in charge of what the Ravens do defensively.
__________________
BmoreBlackByrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Indiana
Posts: 6,325
Reputation: 1588363
General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Great game all. Flaco/Rice=Studs.
__________________
Weird Al for the halftime show!

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:53 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 10,939
Reputation: 4603369
TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I'm sure everyone is pissed at Hauscka, but lets face it, the defense played like **** today. They broke down in the 4th quarter on the game winning drive like they normally do and allowed Longwell to kick the Game winning FG, sure Hasuscka let us all down, but in the end, the offense put up 31, and even the Detriot Lion defense can hold offenses under 33. Absolutely pathetic by the Ravens defense. Mattison needs to go and Clarence Brooks needs to be in charge of what the Ravens do defensively.
The defense didn't play well and the whole team was outplayed for 3.5 quarters but nonetheless, they were in a position to win the game and Hauschka choked.
__________________

Last edited by TACKLE : 10-18-2009 at 10:43 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NOVA
Posts: 3,550
Reputation: 104940
BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
The defense didn't play well and the whole team was outplayed for 3.5 quarters but nonetheless, they in a position to win the game and Hauschka choked.
yeah, most definitely, but I think they were outplayed for a full 4 quarters, they are the ones that let Favre drive down and allow Longwell to make the GW, not Hauschka, while Hauschka he did lose the game for us, the defense IMO is the main reason why we lost. They just don't have it anymore, they look great against Kansas City and Cleveland, but they've been opened up by all the good teams. I really hope Harbaugh demotes Mattison and gives the play calling to Clarence Brooks, its the perfect time to do so, since we are entering a bye week. I mean freakin 33 points is just way too much.
__________________

Last edited by BmoreBlackByrdz : 10-18-2009 at 04:07 PM.
BmoreBlackByrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,531
Reputation: 992
dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.
Default

Greg Mattison, Frank Walker, Fabian Washington, Chris Carr, Dawan Landry, and especially Steven Hauschka...

GTFO!!!!!!!!
__________________
dcarey20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:19 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NOVA
Posts: 3,550
Reputation: 104940
BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20 View Post
Greg Mattison, Frank Walker, Fabian Washington, Chris Carr, Dawan Landry, and especially Steven Hauschka...

GTFO!!!!!!!!
yup. they all suck. We should put Tom Zbikowski at SS and give Lardarius Webb the starting nickel spot. Let Clarence Brooks take over the defensive play calling and if not that, then let Ray Lewis and Ed Reed run the defense.
__________________
BmoreBlackByrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:36 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,376
Reputation: 27250
America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Such a disappointing way to lose. Especially another close loss for the 3rd straight week. We've choked on offense (Clayton), Defense (whoever was covering Caldwell) and now special teams. We badly need new corners. And what is up with the pass rush?
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:43 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Look Behind You
Posts: 4,100
Reputation: 109585
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

We played awful for the most part but came back and made some big defensive plays late in the 4th to give out offense(Ray Rice) a chance to come back....Still think one of their touchdowns were from a offensive pass interference but we could of won it with a FG and we choked.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsox
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:49 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,531
Reputation: 992
dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I'm sure everyone is pissed at Hauscka, but lets face it, the defense played like **** today. They broke down in the 4th quarter on the game winning drive like they normally do and allowed Longwell to kick the Game winning FG, sure Hasuscka let us all down, but in the end, the offense put up 31, and even the Detriot Lion defense can hold offenses under 33. Absolutely pathetic by the Ravens defense. Mattison needs to go and Clarence Brooks needs to be in charge of what the Ravens do defensively.
The defense is ****** terrible. The secondary outside of Ed is absolutely pathetic.

Fabian is the biggest pansy I've ever seen, he wants nothing to do with tackling once his man catches the ball. It was almost tolerable last season, because his coverage was alright. But now he can't even stick his man so he's worthless.

Frank Walker has no business even being on this team. He's either getting beat, commiting a PI, or doing both on the same play.

Chris Carr is one of the worst acquisitions Ozzie has ever made. No explosiveness as a return man and can't even manage to make the correct decisions when he's returning. I saw him field a punt at the 5 yard line today with 4 Vikings around him. He's good for one bonehead decision every game. And on defense, he's as bad if not worse than Washington as far as being physical. Can't tackle, and even when he does make an attempt his man gets an extra 2 or 3 yards because Carr gets bulldozed.

Dawan Landry is a completely different player, he looks CLUELESS at times. Anyone see him on the 2nd Shiancoe TD? He had NO IDEA about where he should be. He's timid since his injury, and slow as hell to boot. Had no chance to catch Peterson on that one long run.

Greg Mattison's blitz packages are garbage. Not only do they not get any pressure at all, but they leave the middle of the field completely exposed. Our corners aren't good enough for us to blitz like he tries to.

As for Hauschka, not much that can be said other than you have to be able to hit a 44 yarder in a dome. Period. Especially after your team went through as much as they did to get in that position. I didn't really question the Stover decision too much before today. I was willing to give Steve the benefit of the doubt and see what he could do. But it's clear that letting Matt go was a mistake. It's not even like Hauschka is even doing anything for us on kickoffs either. Every kick is within the 5-10 yard line. If we're lucky he'll get 1 kickoff here and there to the goalline. Matt would have made that kick today. Not a doubt in my mind. We've seen it time and time again.

Some other things:

-Domonique Foxworth is clearly not a #1 corner. I'm not gonna get on his case too much, because he's been by far our best corner. And it's hard to pick on him when your other guys (Fabian, Carr, Walker) are all god awful. With that said, his play isn't warranting that 4 year, 28 million dollar deal, and he's clearly not a #1.

-Lardarius Webb needs to take over that nickel spot. He's been good at just about everything we've asked him to do, and he certainly can't be worse than that P.O.S. Chris Carr. Get the man on the field.
__________________
dcarey20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 08:07 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NOVA
Posts: 3,550
Reputation: 104940
BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20 View Post
The defense is ****** terrible. The secondary outside of Ed is absolutely pathetic.

Fabian is the biggest pansy I've ever seen, he wants nothing to do with tackling once his man catches the ball. It was almost tolerable last season, because his coverage was alright. But now he can't even stick his man so he's worthless.

Frank Walker has no business even being on this team. He's either getting beat, commiting a PI, or doing both on the same play.

Chris Carr is one of the worst acquisitions Ozzie has ever made. No explosiveness as a return man and can't even manage to make the correct decisions when he's returning. I saw him field a punt at the 5 yard line today with 4 Vikings around him. He's good for one bonehead decision every game. And on defense, he's as bad if not worse than Washington as far as being physical. Can't tackle, and even when he does make an attempt his man gets an extra 2 or 3 yards because Carr gets bulldozed.

Dawan Landry is a completely different player, he looks CLUELESS at times. Anyone see him on the 2nd Shiancoe TD? He had NO IDEA about where he should be. He's timid since his injury, and slow as hell to boot. Had no chance to catch Peterson on that one long run.

Greg Mattison's blitz packages are garbage. Not only do they not get any pressure at all, but they leave the middle of the field completely exposed. Our corners aren't good enough for us to blitz like he tries to.

As for Hauschka, not much that can be said other than you have to be able to hit a 44 yarder in a dome. Period. Especially after your team went through as much as they did to get in that position. I didn't really question the Stover decision too much before today. I was willing to give Steve the benefit of the doubt and see what he could do. But it's clear that letting Matt go was a mistake. It's not even like Hauschka is even doing anything for us on kickoffs either. Every kick is within the 5-10 yard line. If we're lucky he'll get 1 kickoff here and there to the goalline. Matt would have made that kick today. Not a doubt in my mind. We've seen it time and time again.

Some other things:

-Domonique Foxworth is clearly not a #1 corner. I'm not gonna get on his case too much, because he's been by far our best corner. And it's hard to pick on him when your other guys (Fabian, Carr, Walker) are all god awful. With that said, his play isn't warranting that 4 year, 28 million dollar deal, and he's clearly not a #1.

-Lardarius Webb needs to take over that nickel spot. He's been good at just about everything we've asked him to do, and he certainly can't be worse than that P.O.S. Chris Carr. Get the man on the field.
wow, I have to say, I completely agree with EVERYTHING you said. Our defense is playing at an all time low. There is no pressure, there in no pass coverage, and for the first time in Ravens history, there is no run defense. Nothing is clicking and I must say, if we want to make the playoffs, its GATTA GET FIXED. Our offense is good enough to win games, but not when the defense is constantly on the field and allowing opposing offenses to score 20+ a game. (+rep to you dcarey, nice post)
__________________
BmoreBlackByrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:34 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Baltimore,MD The Charm City
Posts: 16,052
Reputation: 30845
EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Not gonna take up for Hauschka, but here's a few other things that lost us this game.......

Where was our offense for 3 and a half quarters?

Why do John Harbaugh/Cam Cameron have zero balls? Settling for 3 before the half, on the 3rd down prior to the miss at the end, every pass is getting you 8-10 yards and you run a ******* draw play? How bout lets get it as close as possible for our basically rookie kicker making his first pressure kicking attempt of his entire kicking career!!!!!! When you play not to win you lose!

The D looks awful they get absolutely no pressure at all. The 60 million dollar man is awful, the 2nd rd pick who was supposed to save the pass rush doesnt even dress for games, its ridiculous. The DBs are all small and 2 of them dont belong in the NFL (Chris Carr/Frank Walker).

Dannell Ellerbe is better than Tavares Gooden, I hate to say it but its true, he needs more time out there next to Ray. And Brandon McKinney needs to be involved a little bit more, because that dude is an immovable object in the middle.

All that said Im not overly upset at this game, because with the start we had I thought the Vikes were gonna win 59-0. So while going into the bye week at 3-3 when you started 3-0 sucks (though I called it) Im not as mad at this loss as I was the Bengals loss.
__________________
HALL OF FAMER!
PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:35 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NOVA
Posts: 3,550
Reputation: 104940
BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Not gonna take up for Hauschka, but here's a few other things that lost us this game.......

Where was our offense for 3 and a half quarters?

Why do John Harbaugh/Cam Cameron have zero balls? Settling for 3 before the half, on the 3rd down prior to the miss at the end, every pass is getting you 8-10 yards and you run a ******* draw play? How bout lets get it as close as possible for our basically rookie kicker making his first pressure kicking attempt of his entire kicking career!!!!!! When you play not to win you lose!

The D looks awful they get absolutely no pressure at all. The 60 million dollar man is awful, the 2nd rd pick who was supposed to save the pass rush doesnt even dress for games, its ridiculous. The DBs are all small and 2 of them dont belong in the NFL (Chris Carr/Frank Walker).

Dannell Ellerbe is better than Tavares Gooden, I hate to say it but its true, he needs more time out there next to Ray. And Brandon McKinney needs to be involved a little bit more, because that dude is an immovable object in the middle.

All that said Im not overly upset at this game, because with the start we had I thought the Vikes were gonna win 59-0. So while going into the bye week at 3-3 when you started 3-0 sucks (though I called it) Im not as mad at this loss as I was the Bengals loss.
I wouldn't blame Suggs, he's just one guy, its the whole front 7 as well as Greg Mattison, and it's not Krugers fault he's not playing, as far as I know, the coaches are the ones not letting him play because of his lack of special teams play. I think its a dumb decision, especially when our pass rush is struggling as it is now. I agree about Walker and Carr, both are terrible, I mean, I thought Carr was a decent punt returner, but I was wrong, he's terrible. He's useless and Frank Walker is a joke. Fabian is worthless against teams with bigger WR's and same goes for Foxworth, although he was halfway decent yesterday. Our defense is really killing us now, and if Harbaugh and the coaching staff doesn't get it fixed, then I can't see the Ravens beating the Packers, Steelers, Bears, Bengals, Broncos, or even the Lions.

Lemme hit on some positives -
Lardarius Webb is a great KR, I don't know why he isn't our PR as well.

Michael Oher is for real, he played better than I thought against Jared Allen, and he is only going to get better. I can't wait till we get Gaither back. Our o-line will be back to elite status :) I really hope Ozzie doesn't let Gaither go, just because Oher has been playing well, that would be a disastrous decision.

Joe Flacco is the mother ******* truth. HE is so damn calm in the pocket, FANTASTIC poise and he is ineed Joe Cool. He was getting hit all day and still making great throws. I think we definetely have our franchise QB in Baltimore

Ray Rice is a monster. Need I say any more? He's an absolute stud.
__________________
BmoreBlackByrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 16,971
Reputation: 442272
Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

-seriously **** Hauscka or w/e his name is, there is a reason why I said we should keep matt stover, yeah he has a sketchy leg but this Hauscka turd just isnt a ******* NFL quality kicker. every kicker in the NFL and a good amount of college kickers should make a 44 yard FG in a ******* DOME seriously that was embarassing. That kick wouldnt have been a 10 yard FG it was so disgustingly shanked.

-Flacco is a god, this guy will be very good 4 a very long time. The stats he put up against a good D is amazing, It is looking like we made the right choice Flacco over Ryan(homer statement o well)

-This defense is embarassing, seriously WTF. It is a mixture of the scheme and the players IMO. We aren't a traditional 4-3 team, the pass rush we get on the passer is pathetic, we gotta use the exotic blitzes that Rex Ryan used, it isnt that hard to figure out.

-I also hate to say it but we are missing Bart Scott drastically, I think our young ILB have a lot of talent but they are not on Scotts level yet.

-Landry is horrible as a cover SS, he looks like he never played football in his life before.

-Chris Carr makes Yamon Figures look like a mastermind at making the right decisions in returning Punts, that is just embarassing.

-Yes our secondary sucks they are afraid to be within 5 yards on a WR on coverage and are so un physical I want to puke.

-I have been a big fan of using a 1st round pick on a WR but seriously we might want to spend all of our picks on defense this game was embarassing.
__________________
Ravens1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:26 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,531
Reputation: 992
dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable
Dannell Ellerbe is better than Tavares Gooden, I hate to say it but its true, he needs more time out there next to Ray. And Brandon McKinney needs to be involved a little bit more, because that dude is an immovable object in the middle.
Word my man. Dannell made some huge tackles down the stretch. Gooden's a fine athlete but he's the Fabian Washington of middle linebackers. No physicality whatsoever. Huge downgrade from Bart. Bart may have not been the biggest playmaker in the world but he made every tackle, and drove his man back when he did make those tackles. Tavares is the opposite, he gets driven forward on his tackles. We took Bart for granted.
__________________
dcarey20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Look Behind You
Posts: 4,100
Reputation: 109585
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20 View Post
Word my man. Dannell made some huge tackles down the stretch. Gooden's a fine athlete but he's the Fabian Washington of middle linebackers. No physicality whatsoever. Huge downgrade from Bart. Bart may have not been the biggest playmaker in the world but he made every tackle, and drove his man back when he did make those tackles. Tavares is the opposite, he gets driven forward on his tackles. We took Bart for granted.
Not me. I hated that we had to lose one of our LB's this offseason. Just about everyone said how over-rated he was and how he is just a product of being next to Ray but I never thought that at all. I loved Bart Scott and how he played. I feel like when Ryan and Scott left they took our balls with them. I don't feel the emotion when our defense takes the field like we normally do. I mean we are usually moving all around and confusing offenses and that is what made us great. This year we sit there and let the offense know exactly where the blitz is coming and because of that we are getting no pressure. We have always had C-mac to do his job and we always worried about our second CB. This year we are worrying about both the corners and have no confidence in them. If it were a perfect world we would have Ryan/Scott/C-mac all playing for us but instead we lost all 3. We could of at least kept C-mac but instead we did him dirty and we don't even have the option of bringing him back. A lot of things are wrong with our defense this year but lets just hope we can get back to our normal selves and start ******** on teams defensivly
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsox
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:52 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NOVA
Posts: 3,550
Reputation: 104940
BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

yeah man, our season rests on how the defense plays, if they can turn it around, then we have a chance to beat the elite teams, however, if we must rely on the offense to carry us to the playoffs, it just isn't going to happen.
__________________
BmoreBlackByrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 16,971
Reputation: 442272
Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
Not me. I hated that we had to lose one of our LB's this offseason. Just about everyone said how over-rated he was and how he is just a product of being next to Ray but I never thought that at all. I loved Bart Scott and how he played. I feel like when Ryan and Scott left they took our balls with them. I don't feel the emotion when our defense takes the field like we normally do. I mean we are usually moving all around and confusing offenses and that is what made us great. This year we sit there and let the offense know exactly where the blitz is coming and because of that we are getting no pressure. We have always had C-mac to do his job and we always worried about our second CB. This year we are worrying about both the corners and have no confidence in them. If it were a perfect world we would have Ryan/Scott/C-mac all playing for us but instead we lost all 3. We could of at least kept C-mac but instead we did him dirty and we don't even have the option of bringing him back. A lot of things are wrong with our defense this year but lets just hope we can get back to our normal selves and start ******** on teams defensivly
Something is up w/ Cmac IDK what it is he was doing good in baltimore til that atrocious Colts game, he went on IR then he got cut and no one has heard from him since.

But I agree it feels our swagger was lost w/ the departure of Scott and Ryan, at first when Scott said to the Ravens if you match the 48 million NYJ offered me I will sign, I thought GTFO you are not that good we probably have 3 LBs on this roster that can replace you. It turns out I was very wrong, yeah Scott wasnt the player he was in 2006 but he is very well rounded. he could rush, cover, hit as hard as anyone, and was willing to gobble up blockers so Ray could get all the glory. He had a Ray Lewis like intensity and work ethic as well, it shows we miss him.
__________________
Ravens1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:23 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,531
Reputation: 992
dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
Not me. I hated that we had to lose one of our LB's this offseason. Just about everyone said how over-rated he was and how he is just a product of being next to Ray but I never thought that at all. I loved Bart Scott and how he played. I feel like when Ryan and Scott left they took our balls with them. I don't feel the emotion when our defense takes the field like we normally do. I mean we are usually moving all around and confusing offenses and that is what made us great. This year we sit there and let the offense know exactly where the blitz is coming and because of that we are getting no pressure. We have always had C-mac to do his job and we always worried about our second CB. This year we are worrying about both the corners and have no confidence in them. If it were a perfect world we would have Ryan/Scott/C-mac all playing for us but instead we lost all 3. We could of at least kept C-mac but instead we did him dirty and we don't even have the option of bringing him back. A lot of things are wrong with our defense this year but lets just hope we can get back to our normal selves and start ******** on teams defensivly
I loved Bart as well, thought he was a fine player. However I did believe that he was very replaceable. I thought we could plug someone in just like we did with Hartwell. Was wrong on that one.

Also, on a completely different subject, who wants Dawan Landry benched? I sure as hell do. I'd love to see what Nakamura can do, I think he can do a hell of alot better than Dawan in right now.
__________________
dcarey20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 16,971
Reputation: 442272
Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

yea IDC nakamura or Zbi or Webb at SS IDC. I have never seen a player so confused in a goalline situation then Landry on that 2nd TD to that TE.
__________________
Ravens1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:36 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Look Behind You
Posts: 4,100
Reputation: 109585
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I have always been a fan of Landry but he hasn't been good this year and if benching helps I say do it
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsox
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 16,971
Reputation: 442272
Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

one thing I noticed is everyone hates Frank Walker I understand he is crap, but when he got that second pass interference he kept a sure fire TD to a FG putting us in a position to win the game. I think that any other CB gives up a TD there. (Yes that shows how pathetic our secondary is)
__________________
Ravens1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:28 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,531
Reputation: 992
dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
one thing I noticed is everyone hates Frank Walker I understand he is crap, but when he got that second pass interference he kept a sure fire TD to a FG putting us in a position to win the game. I think that any other CB gives up a TD there. (Yes that shows how pathetic our secondary is)
Frank Walker is completely worthless and I hate to defend him in any way, but he probably should have had some sort of safety help there. For some reason Landry and Reed were about 30 yards behind that play.

That said, it doesn't excuse committing a pass interference AND giving up a catch on the same play. That's just comical. Not only can you not keep your hands off him Frank, but he still makes the grab. Dude is trash.
__________________
dcarey20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.