Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-03-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That trade values Vilma as the #7 overall pick roughly. That trade actually makes a lot of sense. Vilma is a very good fit in a tamp 2 defense, and the Jets can get either CJ or AD at #2. Huge trade but I actually think it makes some sense.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

AD hasnt played a full season of 10-12 games in college yet. How will he last 16 in the much more brutal NFL?

Frsh yr = 1 game from shoulder
soph yr = ankle causing him to have surjury
junior yr = colar bone, missing much of the season
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
I hate being "that guy" but can I have a link about this? Usually people say "John Clayton Reports. . . ." or "Adam Schefter reports. . . ." when there's a faulty news item. I remember reading on YAHOO! Answers some guy saying that Troy Aikman was coming out of retirement. Granted, this is a lot more realistic but the price for trading that high up would be ridiculous.

If so, this is obviously for AD but how would they work Leon Washington into the offense more? AD is obviously starting but how would they utilize Leon, I'm guessing like NE uses Kevin Faulk?
Believe me, I want the link just as badly as everyone else. I'm looking hard for it. They would use Leon as a spell for AD, keep him fresh as a rookie. Also, we can line Leon up at WR, and maybe throw out a quick screen to him. Leon is good for about 6-10 carries a game with AD, and he can do damage that way. Also, in a split backs formation AD can block and Leon can run out of the backfield.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Lions better make this trade before the Jets' front office sobers up and realizes what it just did....

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it makes sense for both teams. Vilma is a very good LB, but not a great fit for the 3-4. Detroit really wants a MLB, but there isn't one worth taking at #2. They also still get a first round pick.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
That trade values Vilma as the #7 overall pick roughly. That trade actually makes a lot of sense. Vilma is a very good fit in a tamp 2 defense, and the Jets can get either CJ or AD at #2. Huge trade but I actually think it makes some sense.
I agree with you. Vilma is not such a great fit in a 3-4, but yet a top 3 LB in a 4-3. I would say a top three 25 year old linebacker with a positive attitude values to a top 5 draft pick. This trade would be the definition of blockbuster.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
The Lions better make this trade before the Jets' front office sobers up and realizes what it just did....
That they traded a linebacker who doesn't really fit their defense for the #2 pick in the draft? If anything the Jets would be getting the better end of this deal. Vilma is good, but not enough to give up the #2 pick.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3 View Post
Believe me, I want the link just as badly as everyone else. I'm looking hard for it. They would use Leon as a spell for AD, keep him fresh as a rookie. Also, we can line Leon up at WR, and maybe throw out a quick screen to him. Leon is good for about 6-10 carries a game with AD, and he can do damage that way. Also, in a split backs formation AD can block and Leon can run out of the backfield.
That appears like a good scenario for all parties, Leon is too dangerous of a weapon to not be invovled in the offense in some capacity. I see end-arounds, reverses, etc out of him this year; sort-of like a poor Reggie Bush.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
That appears like a good scenario for all parties, Leon is too dangerous of a weapon to not be invovled in the offense in some capacity. I see end-arounds, reverses, etc out of him this year; sort-of like a poor Reggie Bush.
Exactly! A poor Reggie Bush is basically the PERFECT description for him.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

A poor man = a bum right?

LOL made me laugh.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

This is without a doubt a trade for AD.Jets fans just better hope hes there.
Raiders are likely to cut Jordan.
Raiders need a RB.
Raiders could trade down with Houston.

I hope This trade happens.Then hopefully Houston will try and trade with Oakland.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:57 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
This is without a doubt a trade for AD.Jets fans just better hope hes there.
Raiders are likely to cut Jordan.
Raiders need a RB.
Raiders could trade down with Houston.

I hope This trade happens.Then hopefully Houston will try and trade with Oakland.
One thing we could do is heavily smokescreen that we are taking CJ, then trade down with Tampa, pick up extra picks and maybe take Joe Thomas? How is Thomas at RT?
Old 03-03-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Gridiron
Rookie

Gridiron hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The trade is definitely for Peterson, but if he's taken #1, we wouldn't have any problem taking Johnson. WR is barely a need, but, like we all know, he is clearly the best player in the draft and would help any team.

jetsfan3, we're not taking a RT at #4 overall.

Last edited by Gridiron : 03-03-2007 at 08:15 PM.
Gridiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridiron View Post
The trade is definitely for Peterson, but if he's taken #1, we wouldn't have any problem taking Johnson. WR is barely a need, but, like we all know, he is clearly the best player in the draft and would help any team.

jetsfan73, we're not taking a RT at #4 overall.
Who's jetsfan73?

We probably wont, but just imagine that line . . .
Old 03-03-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Talking

if they trade up to 2 they should take Joe Thomas and move him to RT. they'd have the most amazing young O-line.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

No thanks.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

Raiders - Jemarcus Russell
Jets - Adrien Peterson
Browns - Calvin Johnson
TampaBay - screwed
Old 03-03-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
Raiders - Jemarcus Russell
Jets - Adrien Peterson
Browns - Calvin Johnson
TampaBay - screwed
LOL

AlexDown why are you opposed to this?
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tampa would be in decent shape, they would just get either Gaines Adams or Joe Thomas to replace Kenyatta Walker.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
No thanks.
Someone who agrees! We are losing most of our first day picks to get Adrian Peterson. If Peterson had never gotten injured in college, I'd consider it, but giving up that much for a RB who was injury prone in college is too risky. If WR was a huge need of ours, I'd possibly consider it, but this is too much.

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Gridiron
Rookie

Gridiron hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3 View Post
Who's jetsfan73?

We probably wont, but just imagine that line . . .
haha, sorry about that. I see things when I'm this tired.

That would be a helluva line, but there's more value at #2 with the possibility of landing either Peterson or Johnson than at #6 and taking a RT, IMO.
Gridiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

I think the Jets will have to wait and see who they can get in FA before they trade away their best LB. If they trade him, that will leave two holes at ILB, a position that is not always easy to fill in the 3-4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Omg Yess Pleaseeeee!!!1

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TBay wouldn't be screwed, they could take Gaines Adams or Alan Branch in that scenario. And the Browns would probly take Quinn anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 08:21 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, and I ran for over 2000 on All-Madden with AD splitting carries as a rookie. Bell, his backup, had 800 yards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote