Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-03-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
THIS JUST IN:

We're discussing the possibility of this trade from the perspective of both teams, not whether it is real or not.
seems to me like some people really think this will happen. but your right.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyguy555 View Post
not a very reliable website at all but some guy says he heard it on john claytons radio show! http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=19217
I'm a member there too
Old 03-03-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Hopefully this trade dies so the Browns get AD and Detroit and New York get nothing
AD reminds me of Chris Brown, but obviously better. But the thing is both are allways hurt because of there running style.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
nyjets5125
Rookie

nyjets5125 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3 View Post
OH WHAT DOES IT SAY. THE AGONY. THE AGONY. WHAT DOES IT SAY??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dude don't worry, i have insider, its just the draft analysis of peterson, nothing special
Old 03-03-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
nyjets5125
Rookie

nyjets5125 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

it's possible that this is just a NY rumor, cuz you know any NY team has rumors surrounding them all the time
Old 03-03-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think this would be a great trade for both teams. the jets get a choice of almost anyone in the draft, likely AP, and the lions get the MLB they need and some more picks to address their many needs.

vilma was wildly inconsistent and played poorly in the 3-4. i honestly think he isnt suited for it and they should trade him now while he still has ridiculously high value.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Veteran

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmoyer421 View Post
STOP!

Now take a deep breath! This is a rumor from someone who posted it, and that person didnt even hear it.

Has anyone even heard this even being mentioned, or heard it on ESPN? Cause i havent, and I feel like everyone is posting about nothing and nonsense!

Not even the biggest rumor mill in the internet profootballtalk doesnt have anything about it
PFT did mention that the Jets had been entertaining the chance of moving up yesterday night.......

POSTED 5:57 p.m. EST, March 2, 2007

JETS CONSIDERING A TRADE UP?

We're hearing that the New York Jets are considering an effort to trade up from the No. 25 spot in round one to the top of the draft.

The Jets would like to get in position to draft either receiver Calvin Johnson or running back Adrian Peterson.

To ensure that they'll get either guy, the Jets likely would have to land no lower than No. 3.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:54 PM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

honestly, ill cry tears of joy if this happens. I love vilma and i hate watching him play in a system he doesnt fit. AD would be sick with the jets and they cn fill that 3-4 ILB position thru FA (Ed Hartwell) or thru the Draft in the 3rd/4th Rounds

if this happens then i may be able to look millen in the face if were ever to meet him.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:57 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmitty45 View Post
honestly, ill cry tears of joy if this happens. I love vilma and i hate watching him play in a system he doesnt fit. AD would be sick with the jets and they cn fill that 3-4 ILB position thru FA (Ed Hartwell) or thru the Draft in the 3rd/4th Rounds

if this happens then i may be able to look millen in the face if were ever to meet him.
Donnie Edwards is also a possiblity. This trade works out for both teams.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:57 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

I think NYJets want to trade Vilma, we know he could be traded to Detroit and Washington is a real possibility. Portis for Vilma?
http://www.washtimes.com/sports/2007...4258-9226r.htm

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU View Post
I think NYJets want to trade Vilma, we know he could be traded to Detroit and Washington is a real possibility. Portis for Vilma?
http://www.washtimes.com/sports/2007...4258-9226r.htm
That was a possibility as well, but the Skins signed Fletcher-Baker, so they must not want him, or should I say need him, as bad.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
AD reminds me of Chris Brown, but obviously better. But the thing is both are allways hurt because of there running style.
Not one of ADs injuries are from his running style.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:35 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, if this trade doesn't go through.. Our best move would be to trade down and pick up Patrick Willis...

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Finlayson56
Rookie

Finlayson56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

that seems like the worst trade ever
Old 03-04-2007, 12:43 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not worth it for the Jets just to get Adrian Peterson; no way!!!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:05 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm pretty torn in this. I can't even explain how heart broken i would be if Vilma was dealt. AP is my favorite player in the draft and would love him on the Jets. but getting him and losing Vilma......i'll put it this way. Vilma did have a down year, he is undersized for a 3-4 but is still very young and just had his first year in that style of defense, i think he can pick it up. AP although amazing, is injury prone, like it or not, and do u want to give up ur defensive captian, regardless of his down year, for a RB who has had trouble making it through all but one college season (out of 3)? i'm not sold.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:13 AM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i actually really like this trade, vilma has so much more value ot the lions than the jets, he's a good player, but alot of others play better in that system. also i think its worth for peterson, he's cant miss prospect, and he defitnaly proved it at the combine. Also if this does go down, you will see calvin johnson in cleveland
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:35 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
no its because AD has to run the ball 30+ a game.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:50 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3 View Post
Someone posted it in the Jets forum:

John Clayton on ESPN reported that the Jets and Lions are in trade talks about sending Vilma, #25, and our late 2nd for #2 overall.

No link as of now.

Damn this is one exciting offseason!
i would wonder if they would give Vilma & 1st Round

Edit: and Curtis Martin | maybe he will come back |

Last edited by The Legend : 03-04-2007 at 02:53 AM.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:44 AM    (permalink
GREENSMACKS
Rookie

GREENSMACKS hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If the jets do this its for Calvin johnson. Why would the Jets give up their first rounder and Vilma for AP when they can give up their first and third rounder for Turner. . I would think the Jets value vilma more so than a 3rd round pick. The Jets OC worked with Turner in SD and the Jets have interest so Turner's production isnt a fluke. Also i would even venture to guess with Coles bitching about working hard toward the end of the season, and the Lions need WR help, why not offer vilma, coles and a 3rd round pick for the top pick? Grab CJ
GREENSMACKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:59 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREENSMACKS View Post
If the jets do this its for Calvin johnson. Why would the Jets give up their first rounder and Vilma for AP when they can give up their first and third rounder for Turner. . I would think the Jets value vilma more so than a 3rd round pick. The Jets OC worked with Turner in SD and the Jets have interest so Turner's production isnt a fluke. Also i would even venture to guess with Coles bitching about working hard toward the end of the season, and the Lions need WR help, why not offer vilma, coles and a 3rd round pick for the top pick? Grab CJ
Lions don't need WR help.. We have Roy Williams, Mike Furrey, and they're probably going to sign Kevin Curtis.. In the coaching staff's eyes, they're set... If we needed WR help, we'd just stay at 2 and take Calvin Johnson.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:38 AM    (permalink
AdrianWilson12
Veteran

AdrianWilson12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

In terms of value it is fine. Its the only way a team can justify trading in the top 3 in a draft is for a elite QB or a once in a generation player, Peterson doesn't fit the bill. On that logic, Russell, Quinn and Johnson are the only onnes worth that weight in gold. Thats why I'm against the Cardinals trading up for Thomas. This would have shades of the Ricky Williams deal, just with the addition of Peterson being injury prone.

As a Cardinals fan though, this trade is perfect. It would all but guarentee Thomas at 5.
#1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.
AdrianWilson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:51 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know that Vilma hasn't done very well in the 3-4 system, but still, to me this seems like way to high of a price to pay for the Jets just to fill a need (RB) that historically isn't all that hard to fill.

If true, Lions get the better end of the deal.

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:35 AM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

Sunday, March 04, 2007
DAVE HUTCHINSON
Star-Ledger Staff

Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum has said he'll be patient in free agency. The team is currently around $15 million under the salary cap. There are rumors the Jets may look to trade up in the draft to select a top-tier running back but that seems unlikely because the price would be steep and Tannenbaum insists he wants to build through the draft.

^thats exactly what ive been saying, but i guess its clear i have no idea what im talking about right?
Old 03-04-2007, 10:37 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still not convinced that the Jets would be trading up for AD, I could be completely off here but Johnson is still a real possibility in my eyes. Vilma, a first, and a second for a slightly injury prone guy is a lot, because as great a player as Peterson is he still is a risk. I don't want anybody to misinterpret this because I do think he is by far the best back in the draft, but he does come with risks. Johnson is less of a risk for the Jets to trade up for, and could make sense. He's a high character guy who has the potential to be the best at his position. To add to that, we extended Cotchery who is a good player but in reality a good number 2 receiver in the NFL, not a number one. Coles is a good WR but has alluded to a possible retirement after all of the years of going down the middle and tough training camps. Calvin could be a part of a very good 3 WR receiving corps and by the time he is ready to be a #1 he could either step in and have Coles and Cotchery bump down or could step in once LC retires. I'm more doing this to play devils advocate than anything else but I still don't think that the Jets taking AD if they do make this trade is a lock by any stretch of the imagination.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote