Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

Old 10-18-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NFC East Division Discussion Thread

How is it that we don't have one of these?

Oh well... Here's to a beautiful new beginning.

No better way to start this than by saying, the Eagles, Giants and Redskins all lost today and the Cowboys managed to stay out of trouble by having the Bye.

Wooo hooo!!! Cowboys rule and you drool! :p
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:05 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
How is it that we don't have one of these?

Oh well... Here's to a beautiful new beginning.

No better way to start this than by saying, the Eagles, Giants and Redskins all lost today and the Cowboys managed to stay out of trouble by having the Bye.

Wooo hooo!!! Cowboys rule and you drool! :p
Hooray for bye weeks!
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Eagles win tomorrow the Giants will be in first place just because they haven't had a bye-week yet. They're 5-2 and the Cowboys are 4-2 and the Eagles should be after tomorrow night 4-2 as well. The Redskins would bring up the end at 2-5 presuming they lose.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, Eagles v. Cowboys is going to be a battle for first place in the NFC East.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Well, Eagles v. Cowboys is going to be a battle for first place in the NFC East.
Which really does mean nothing at this point in the season.

They entertainment value is huge though. :)
Old 11-01-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Oh and can we please not have any "yea but Brian Westbrook was hurt"?
Old 11-01-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

LOL on the Eagles website they went into the locker room and showed a coach talking to Leonard Weaver, who was talking about winning and the coach comes up and says "Next week we got the Cowgirls game".
Old 11-01-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy

Quote:
LOL on the Eagles website they went into the locker room and showed a coach talking to Leonard Weaver, who was talking about winning and the coach comes up and says "Next week we got the Cowgirls game".
sexist pig. Weaver uses girl as a pejorative. He is a dirty bigot.
quincyyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyyyyy View Post
sexist pig. Weaver uses girl as a pejorative. He is a dirty bigot.
Hmmm.... Sensitive? And I think you read that wrong, the coach said that, Leonard Weaver was busy thanking god for the win and first place in the NFC East...
Old 11-01-2009, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hahahaha, I'm sure Dallas fans will love this. I just watched that and the coach that said that is none other than Assistant secondary coach Brian Stewart, former cowboys D-Coordinator.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Hahahaha, I'm sure Dallas fans will love this. I just watched that and the coach that said that is none other than Assistant secondary coach Brian Stewart, former cowboys D-Coordinator.
LOL! Wow, I was too lazy to look up who it was but that is golden! I completely forgot about this guy, he is going to give the Eagles some pointers on how to beat the defense. Apparently he hates the 'Cowgirls'. That is great.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

I really like the way the Eagles matchup with the Cowboys. The defense is pretty bad, in fact it is ranked 22nd in the NFL and the Eagles are the 3rd ranked scoring team and they're known to put points up in a hurry.

The secondary in Dallas is mediocre and they're going to have to find a way to match-up with Jeremy Maclin, DeSean Jackson and Brent Celek who are some of the brightest young stars at their positions.

Also the Dallas offensive line, I like that match-up as well. I'll take Trent Cole on Flozell Adams all day everyday. Adams has allowed 14 pressures and 3 sacks this season so far. And I really think that the Cowboys will struggle with the rotation of Bunkley, Patterson, Laws and Dixon who've been dominant this season, they're only allowing 2.94 YPC when run on up the middle.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:19 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now I'm not trying to start something, but I remember two prominent posters on here in one thread saying that the Saints loss counts the Eagles out for the season. (not that severe, but I remeber lots of pointed fingers saying this is the beginning of the collapse of their season) Ahem, D-Unit (and to an extent BBD, even tho I have great respect for you), you guys were speaking a bit too soon. Now they are (thru division record) leading the division 6 weeks later. Just goes to show you how much season change throughout the course of every week. We had another 9 weeks left, so we shouldn't be making assertions at this point. I personally feel like the Giants are in a bit of a slump now (duh) but will get through it soon and begin to play like many of us expect. The Cowboys/Eagles game will go a long way to show what Dallas brings. If either team gets beat bad, and doesn't respond well in the following weeks, it doesn't look good for either, especially if the Giants regain their game like I expect.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:20 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas' defense isnt nearly as bad as that ranking and in their last three games they have been good. The numbers still look bad because, of that slow start. But they're coming into their own and playing real well as of late. Pass rush is more consistent and they're doing very nicely against the run.

As for the secondary, Jenkins is playing fantastic and Sensabaugh is playing great ball as well. I wouldnt call them mediocre. Newman is hit or miss but, he can certainly have a good game this week. Scandrick is playing better as well.

Celek is good but, he's not scaring me at all. Jackson is the only guy that makes me nervous and hopefully we'll keep Mike on him for the majority of the game.

As for DT rotations...I have plenty of confidence in Kosier, Gurode, and Davis. Should be a good battle. Good news for you guys is that we havent been running all that well but, that can change any time with our talent at RB.

And lastly, Mr. Flo. He's actually not playing all that bad this season. Cole could def. give him some problems but, I'm not so sure it will be a problem all day. It may be but, at the moment, I'm not losing any sleep over it. Flo is playing well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-02-2009 at 12:22 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maclin showed me a lot today. He's a burner but he is also very physical. He's going to be a big time player.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Maclin showed me a lot today. He's a burner but he is also very physical. He's going to be a big time player.
Yes, yes and more yes. If I could +rep you I totally would.

Maclin is open much more often than his stats would lead you to believe and he is lighting it up for a rookie, he is lost behind all the other receivers but he is putting his game together. He is running good routes, he knows the offense, he makes tough grabs, he gets open and he can stretch defenses deep.

I know that I'll be called a homer on this, but Maclin is going to VERY good and I can't wait to see him progress in this offense.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Dallas' defense isnt nearly as bad as that ranking and in their last three games they have been good. The numbers still look bad because, of that slow start. But they're coming into their own and playing real well as of late. Pass rush is more consistent and they're doing very nicely against the run.

As for the secondary, Jenkins is playing fantastic and Sensabaugh is playing great ball as well. I wouldnt call them mediocre. Newman is hit or miss but, he can certainly have a good game this week. Scandrick is playing better as well.

Celek is good but, he's not scaring me at all. Jackson is the only guy that makes me nervous and hopefully we'll keep Mike on him for the majority of the game.

As for DT rotations...I have plenty of confidence in Kosier, Gurode, and Davis. Should be a good battle. Good news for you guys is that we havent been running all that well but, that can change any time with our talent at RB.

And lastly, Mr. Flo. He's actually not playing all that bad this season. Cole could def. give him some problems but, I'm not so sure it will be a problem all day. It may be but, at the moment, I'm not losing any sleep over it. Flo is playing well.
I am actually pretty afraid of Miles Austin, I'm not sure what I can expect from him. And I really don't like the Jason Witten v. the defense match-up, tight ends have career days against the Eagles.

But yes, this should be a great game and I can't wait for Sunday night football.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:30 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't like tooting my horn, but... toot toot.

:)

Old 11-02-2009, 12:31 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should be fun.

As for Miles, who knows? He's playing out of his mind. We dont even know what to expect on a weekly basis but, he's off to one hell of a start. If it continues, teams will have to start doubling. Especially if Roy continues to drop passes on the other end. The Seahawks today doubled him probably one, maybe two times. We didnt see much of it but, we may see it soon enough.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I don't like tooting my horn, but... toot toot.

:)
Toot all the way haha. The funny thing is Nicks is also a big physical WR but not as quick. I think we both have 2 big time WR's on our hands.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-02-2009, 12:36 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Toot all the way haha. The funny thing is Nicks is also a big physical WR but not as quick. I think we both have 2 big time WR's on our hands.
Yea, def agree, I loved both Nicks and Maclin. Somewhere, back in like February or March, I know I said somehwere I think Maclin could eventually develop into this draft class' best WR, but at the time, thought he'd be going somewhere else, lol. Of the tier with Nicks and Britt (and some other) I liked Nicks the best, after initially liking Britt before I saw more of Nicks, yea, I agree. And I also remember posting Maclin being a more balnced receiver than everyone gave him credit for, though we all know he isn't nearly as strong as Nicks, he is def stronger than most thought, as you said somewhere else...

Old 11-02-2009, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Yea, def agree, I loved both Nicks and Maclin. Somewhere, back in like February or March, I know I said somehwere I think Maclin could eventually develop into this draft class' best WR, but at the time, thought he'd be going somewhere else, lol. Of the tier with Nicks and Britt (and some other) I liked Nicks the best, after initially liking Britt before I saw more of Nicks, yea, I agree. And I also remember posting Maclin being a more balnced receiver than everyone gave him credit for, though we all know he isn't nearly as strong as Nicks, he is def stronger than most thought, as you said somewhere else...
Coming into the draft I think I had Maclin at #4 behind Crabtree, Nicks, and Britt. I wasn't high on Harvin or DHB but one of them has proven me wrong. I also thought Maclin would take a year or two to develop but this isn't the case at all. I'm so suprised at Maclin's physical ability that I think he might end up at a better WR than Jackson if that's possible. He has a similar speed as him but when you throw in the other aspects then you guys are lucky.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-02-2009, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm with you on Nicks, I thought he was going to be the Eagles pick for a while and I REALLY wanted him to be. I thought he was perfect for the WCO, I thought he ran nice routes, was strong, was able to get YAC and had Fitzgerald like hands. I definitely think there are some young stud receivers in this division.

With Nicks, Smith, Jackson, Maclin and Austin the future of the division is bright at the WR spot.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I'm with you on Nicks, I thought he was going to be the Eagles pick for a while and I REALLY wanted him to be. I thought he was perfect for the WCO, I thought he ran nice routes, was strong, was able to get YAC and had Fitzgerald like hands. I definitely think there are some young stud receivers in this division.

With Nicks, Smith, Jackson, Maclin and Austin the future of the division is bright at the WR spot.
I agree. We're going from one of the worst WR's in a conference to one of the best.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-02-2009, 12:45 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Coming into the draft I think I had Maclin at #4 behind Crabtree, Nicks, and Britt. I wasn't high on Harvin or DHB but one of them has proven me wrong. I also thought Maclin would take a year or two to develop but this isn't the case at all. I'm so suprised at Maclin's physical ability that I think he might end up at a better WR than Jackson if that's possible. He has a similar speed as him but when you throw in the other aspects then you guys are lucky.
For me it was Crabs, Maclin (very close: VERY), then the dropoff to Nicks, Britt, Harvin, and then another dropoff to DHB and the rest of the WRs, lol. I didn't like Harvin much either, and so far he is making me feel stupid. Right now with how things are playing out in the rookie class it looks like Maclin, Harvin, Nicks, and then after that it gets tough to tell, but there all young and lots of things will happen yet...