Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > NFL Forum Mock > Forum Mock Archive

Old 11-05-2009, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if I can get up tonight. If not, I'm sure all three of my picks will hit tomorrow while teaching :(

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:15 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
I wonder if I can get up tonight. If not, I'm sure all three of my picks will hit tomorrow while teaching :(
Trouble in the bedroom?
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
1) Anthony Davis
2) Brian Price
3) Tony Pike

Also acquired Ernie Sims and Manny Ramirez by trade

Also, remember Hunter Cantwell as a prospect? Lolz
Fabulous. I really like what you did in the draft and by trade. Fabulous, just Fabulosho! :p
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

21.Sean Weatherspoon, OLB, Missou
Value was way too good to pass up here. Also fills a need as Witherspoon isn't young and Gocong is set to become a free agent.

53. Jason Fox, OT, Miami
Eagles don't really have any big needs, but with Shawn Andrews health a big question mark I went with the top OT on the board in Fox. He's had a great year so far in Miami and is a good fit in Philly.

74. Noel Devine, RB, WVU
With the Eagles declining the option on Westbrook's contract it appears his days as an Eagle are limited. Westbrook has been plagued by injuries and at 31 he isn't getting any younger. The Eagles bring in Devine who will play a role similar to Darren Sproles of the Chargers. Devine will take some carries off of Shady's hands and will also return kicks/punts. Just another explosive weapon on the Eagles offense.

85. Lindsey Witten, DE, UConn
Juqua Parker is 32 and Victor Abiamiri can't seem to stay healthy so I opted for the best DE on the board. Witten has proved he can get to the quarterback and will look great lined up opposite Trent Cole.

Stacy Andrews, RG
5th round pick
for
Charles Tillman, CB

Contracts are equal, but with Ellis Hobbs due to become a free agent I brought in Tillman as a replacement. Andrews was 2nd on the depth chart behind MJG.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:36 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Last summer I actually wrote a curriculum for teaching sports statistics and sports journalism using the Louisiana Benchmarks and GLE's. I wait for the day that I have an open minded principal I can pitch that to. It would eliminate conundrums such as yours.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Last summer I actually wrote a curriculum for teaching sports statistics and sports journalism using the Louisiana Benchmarks and GLE's. I wait for the day that I have an open minded principal I can pitch that to. It would eliminate conundrums such as yours.
That would be awesome. You'll have to send it over to me to see some time, haha.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 11-05-2009, 08:59 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This has been my mock.....

PICKS
#20 :: Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
#31 :: Jahvid Best, RB, California
#52 :: Morgan Burnett, S, Georgia Tech
#63 :: Jared Odrick, DL, Penn State
#84 :: O'Brien Schofield, DE/OLB, Wisconsin

TRADES
Packers receive:
1st round pick (#31)
2nd round pick (#63)
LB Marvin Mitchell

Saints receive:
DE/OLB Aaron Kampman
LB AJ Hawk

Think what you want about trade with New Orleans but neither AJ Hawk nor Aaron Kampman is a good fit in the new 3-4 defense. Kampman has voiced his displeasure with the switch. Hawk has never lived up to the hype out of Ohio State and certainly has not lived up to the 5th overall pick.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I still have it on my computer at school. I'll send it to you if I can find it tomorrow.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I made a thread to post draft grades. I'm half thinking of a you grade mine I'll grade yours next policy. In other words those who grade my draft get moved to the front of the list. :D

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:09 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

time to pick for the Falcons

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:14 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't overestimate Chris Henry.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:50 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1) Anthony Davis
2) Brian Price
3) Tony Pike

Love how you got Sims : )

But that is a really good draft.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Sent a BB to djp, though if it is after 1:30 PM EST, I will make the pick(s) myself.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 11-05-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1) Anthony Davis
2) Brian Price
3) Tony Pike

WHAT!!! You didn't trade for Dusty?!?!?!

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:35 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And I am done

Additions:
Vernon Gholston OLB
Carlos Dunlap DE
Rodney Hudson OG
Trevard Lindley CB

Subtractions:
None

if anyone feels like grading my draft i'll do the same in return

Last edited by fenikz : 11-06-2009 at 12:48 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:55 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
WHAT!!! You didn't trade for Dusty?!?!?!
I know crazy. This may be the first forum mock where I didn't do that

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:56 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
And I am done

Additions:
Vernon Gholston OLB
Carlos Dunlap DE
Rodney Hudson OG
Trevard Lindley CB

Subtractions:
None

if anyone feels like grading my draft i'll do the same in return
I was already a big fan of the Zona defense, but now they can really be as aggressive as they want. If they keep Dockett, that front 7 has ferocious potential. With the addition of Lindley to the secondary, I think that core could produce a high amount of turnovers with Lindley, DRC, Rolle and Wilson. Huge Hudson fan. The Seminoles have finally built up a respectable OL and Hudson was the headliner of their OL unit. Not sure what you could've done better. Might've been interesting to see what the team would've looked like without the Gholston trade. ... but I like Gholston better than many of the OLBs in this draft class. Not all, but many. Best team in the Division... by far.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:19 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I was already a big fan of the Zona defense, but now they can really be as aggressive as they want. If they keep Dockett, that front 7 has ferocious potential. With the addition of Lindley to the secondary, I think that core could produce a high amount of turnovers with Lindley, DRC, Rolle and Wilson. Huge Hudson fan. The Seminoles have finally built up a respectable OL and Hudson was the headliner of their OL unit. Not sure what you could've done better. Might've been interesting to see what the team would've looked like without the Gholston trade. ... but I like Gholston better than many of the OLBs in this draft class. Not all, but many. Best team in the Division... by far.
Gracias, was kind of iffy about the Gholston trade after I did it but I think it worked out, didn't expect Everson Griffin to fall all the way to the end of the 1st and he would of been a nice grab but I don't think he is better than Gholston & Dunlap. I wanted your new fav small school prospect AO-A but Bos took him right ahead of me, which might of been a favor since Lindley was probably better value there anyways and a safer pick.

As for your draft, love the picks, you got great value for both of them and I think they both fit the system perfectly. Love your trade for James and Choice, don't know much about Herrera but OG was def a need. As for getting rid of Bailey I know he is declining but he is still a good corner prob could of got more out of the deal, though in this draft a 4th is prob as good as a late 2nd because of the depth, shame we only went 3 rounds.

Last edited by fenikz : 11-06-2009 at 04:24 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:55 AM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Staubach, Rico McCoy is a good player, but I really question his fit in the 3-4.

He weighs all of 220lbs?
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has a 4th round been announced or do we still not know?
Unbiased is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

If there is a 4th, I won't be in it.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 11-06-2009, 01:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
If there is a 4th, I won't be in it.
THE END .
Old 11-06-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
THE END .
Haha, you guys can gladly do it though. When does the clock start? Can I make my next two picks yet?

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 11-06-2009, 03:19 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here are my moves

Added

Cliff Avril
Anthony Collins
Taylor Mays
Tyson Alualu
Jeremy Willaims

Lost
Shawne Merriman
Old 11-06-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Too big of a risk to give up for Merriman. Carlos Rogers stinks. Landry, Stroud, Randle E... Good stop gap players. Will take you neither here nor there.

Capers - Not physical enough for my tastes. Too finesse.
Gilyard - Good pick up to play opposite of Calvin.
Johnson - Good pick up to fill the interior OL.

I see an improved team, but only good enough to get you picking outside of the Top 8-10. A lot of unnecessary trades. I would've liked the Lions to add more young stars and playmakers through the draft.
To big of a risk with Merriman? Is that why you PM'ed me trying to trade for him after I acquired him.