Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-04-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Visanthe Shiancoe signed by Minnesota

Terms of the deal 5 years/ 18.5 mil

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds about right for the re-established market prices.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hooray for us!!! Rep points for the first person who can seriously tell me anything positive about him!!
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he has a cool name?
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Hooray for us!!! Rep points for the first person who can seriously tell me anything positive about him!!
He's somebody that actually wanted to go play for the Vikings is a positive

Old 03-04-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has the balls to play for the worst team in the NFC North next year.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
miamichamp_305
Rookie

miamichamp_305 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
He's a TE. Was drafted out of Morgan State by the Giants in the 3rd round in 2003. Played 30 games in college, 52 catches for 1001 yards. And for his 4 years in the NFL has a total of 35 receptions for 253 yards.

Do I get my rep points now?
Old 03-04-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scouting report from an old Giants website.

Scouting Report: A sleeper pick who was rapidly rising up the charts immediately before the draft. Has good size and size potential. Very athletic with excellent speed for a tight end. Can stretch the field. Has excellent hands and will make tough catches in traffic. Good runner after the catch. Works hard at his blocking and is a decent blocker, but needs to work on his strength, bulk, and technique in order to improve his power as an in-line blocker. Good blocker on the move as an H-Back. Small school background so he is raw and needs a lot of route running refinement. However, his college team used him at tight end, H-Back, and in the slot as a receiver - something the Giants will most likely do as well. As a senior, he caught 25 catches for 510 yards (20.4 avg.) and 5 touchdowns.

What Ernie Accorsi Had to Say: "This was a target for us, this is a very talented player. He is an A medical but he only played eight games and he has a twenty-yard average, one was a seventy-five yarder and we picked him off of that. He just absolutely knocked the lights out of Indianapolis (the Combine), he was the star of Indianapolis, he was at the top level on all the drills and he caught the ball, it wasn't just the gymnastics. The thing our coaches have made very clear was that our best, most productive formation was two tight-ends, two wide-outs and one back. We lost (TE Dan) Campbell, this guy will have to learn to be as good a blocker as Campbell but he's faster and he's got great hands so we were very excited. We didn't think we'd get him, we thought he would go earlier and we weren't going to pick a tight-end in the first round. We were thinking about trading up to get him in the second round...He's not Campbell, he is kind of the opposite, he's not this big, powerful blocker, I think he has the kind of body and athletic body that he could become an excellent blocker but he just has more receiver skills. He'll become an outstanding blocker, they just haven't had the program there that they had years and years ago but if we didn't think he was going to be an outstanding blocker we wouldn't have drafted him...I mean he obviously won't beat out (TE Jeremy) Shockey but in the formation he is going to have to play."

What Shiancoe's College Coach Had to Say: "He's like a wide receiver who can block. We changed our offense because of the things he could do."

http://www.bigblueinteractive.com/draft/draftr03.htm
Old 03-04-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Scouting report from an old Giants website.

Scouting Report: A sleeper pick who was rapidly rising up the charts immediately before the draft. Has good size and size potential. Very athletic with excellent speed for a tight end. Can stretch the field. Has excellent hands and will make tough catches in traffic. Good runner after the catch. Works hard at his blocking and is a decent blocker, but needs to work on his strength, bulk, and technique in order to improve his power as an in-line blocker. Good blocker on the move as an H-Back. Small school background so he is raw and needs a lot of route running refinement. However, his college team used him at tight end, H-Back, and in the slot as a receiver - something the Giants will most likely do as well. As a senior, he caught 25 catches for 510 yards (20.4 avg.) and 5 touchdowns.

What Ernie Accorsi Had to Say: "This was a target for us, this is a very talented player. He is an A medical but he only played eight games and he has a twenty-yard average, one was a seventy-five yarder and we picked him off of that. He just absolutely knocked the lights out of Indianapolis (the Combine), he was the star of Indianapolis, he was at the top level on all the drills and he caught the ball, it wasn't just the gymnastics. The thing our coaches have made very clear was that our best, most productive formation was two tight-ends, two wide-outs and one back. We lost (TE Dan) Campbell, this guy will have to learn to be as good a blocker as Campbell but he's faster and he's got great hands so we were very excited. We didn't think we'd get him, we thought he would go earlier and we weren't going to pick a tight-end in the first round. We were thinking about trading up to get him in the second round...He's not Campbell, he is kind of the opposite, he's not this big, powerful blocker, I think he has the kind of body and athletic body that he could become an excellent blocker but he just has more receiver skills. He'll become an outstanding blocker, they just haven't had the program there that they had years and years ago but if we didn't think he was going to be an outstanding blocker we wouldn't have drafted him...I mean he obviously won't beat out (TE Jeremy) Shockey but in the formation he is going to have to play."

What Shiancoe's College Coach Had to Say: "He's like a wide receiver who can block. We changed our offense because of the things he could do."

http://www.bigblueinteractive.com/draft/draftr03.htm

WINNER!!!

Sorry, MiamiChamp, but you were just telling me basic stats, and from looking at those I can't really say they are positives.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
miamichamp_305
Rookie

Quote:
WINNER!!!

Sorry, MiamiChamp, but you were just telling me basic stats, and from looking at those I can't really say they are positives.
Damn :'( I'm going to go cut myself now.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamichamp_305 View Post
Damn :'( I'm going to go cut myself now.
Don't make a mess! :)

Old 03-04-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
miamichamp_305
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Don't make a mess! :)
To late. Now I have to go listen to some rap to sooth my soul.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

His athleticism leads me to believe that he still has a ton of untapped potential. I just can't imagine why he couldn't put up better numbers, though, especially with defenses more focused on Shockey. One of the Giants fans could tell you more than I can, though.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
WINNER!!!

I say Chucky is the winner, because the only positive about Shiancoe is his name.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Is it basically the consensus that Shaincoe sucks?
Old 03-04-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Thats alot of money to a guy that is a third string TE on good teams.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
His athleticism leads me to believe that he still has a ton of untapped potential. I just can't imagine why he couldn't put up better numbers, though, especially with defenses more focused on Shockey. One of the Giants fans could tell you more than I can, though.
More of a workout warrior than anything. Very impressive in the weight room and actually beats Shockey in wind sprints. But I never see him use that speed on the field as I think he just lacks the foot quickness and instincts to know how to use his athleticism.
Quote:
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is it basically the consensus that Shaincoe sucks?
I'd take Jermaine Wiggins over him any day.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-04-2007, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I'd take Jermaine Wiggins over him any day.
Now that's bad. Jermaine is both old AND fat. Lethal combo.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

So he's the Matt Jones of tight ends. Gotcha.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
So he's the Matt Jones of tight ends. Gotcha.
I always thought that Matt Jones was pretty good... isn't he fast, though?
Old 03-04-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
I always thought that Matt Jones was pretty good... isn't he fast, though?
Not on the field,.
Quote:
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Now that's bad. Jermaine is both old AND fat. Lethal combo.
At least he can catch.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-04-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
At least he can catch.
If he was still productive we'd still have him.
Old 03-04-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If he was still productive we'd still have him.
He was productive a few years ago. I had him on my fantasy team and he would always get like 8 catches for 30 yards lol.

sig by BoneKrusher