Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:09 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
How often has Rodgers come through late in games? How many unnecessary sacks has he taken? His stats don't really accurately show his effectiveness imo. Sure he's a good quarterback, but he's nowhere even close to Peyton Manning's level.
The dude hasn't even started for two full seasons yet... Yea he may not be Payton but give the guy some credit. He doesn't have the monster O-Line that you have... nor the best running back in the league but i could guarantee that if he was put in Favre's shoes now he would be doing just as well if not better.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk360 View Post
cassel is exactly what i thought he was. a decent qb who needs a good offensive line.
This comment is so funny. "who needs a good offensive line" that's just gold, especially because you say it as though every QB who isn't peyton or brady doesn't also need a good offensive line, I mean it's not like the packers haven't fallen out of contention in their division because their ol is terrible, or the bears haven't been completely incapable of running the ball because of how shoddy their OL is, or Big Ben hasn't racked up sacks for his career because of a weak OL, or Matt Schaub gotten flattened because his line in houston has been atrocious for much of his tenure.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I can't believe I made my username dedicated to DeAngelo Hall. How pathetic (speaking of which, i need to get it changed).
m4tty1c3.

Done.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:25 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
m4tty1c3.

Done.
Bam! johnny on the spot.

BBD our running attack is hopeless unfortunately. Mruckowski can't get a push, Vasquez is a stellar pass protector but hasn't figured out run blocking yet. I'm convinced Jeromey Clary is AJ's way of getting back at Rivers for holding out in 04. Dielman is not getting much push either. All in all a shakeup is needed, beyond just getting Hardwick back. They do get some good pass protection going most of the time though, so the playcalling needs to reflect it. Running this season has literally just been a waste of a down.

Last edited by CC.SD : 11-09-2009 at 03:28 PM.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
You do realize that we have the exact same avatar, right?
Yeah, I changed it right after the Miami game. I did check the Saints board and nobody else had it. I wanted to make sure before I made it my avatar.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
He is only like 24 games into his career, the foibles with the running game can't be helping either. Either way, what ever it's through, he needs to be better protected, regardless of his issues holding on to the ball. Roethlisberger has admitted openly he holds it too long and his sack number is 20 this year, 17 sacks is a huge difference.
If there was a stat for sacks broken, it wouldn't surprise me if Ben led the league in that by a wide margin. When you're a giant who can move like him, you don't need to get rid of the ball the way a Manning or Brady does. How many times do you see a defender get their hand on Ben only to have him run through it? He's damn great at that. Rodgers, ehh not so much. The Packers OL is awful, but Rodgers does suck at avoiding sacks. He's absolutely phenomenal otherwise, but that's his weakness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:15 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
The dude hasn't even started for two full seasons yet... Yea he may not be Payton but give the guy some credit. He doesn't have the monster O-Line that you have... nor the best running back in the league but i could guarantee that if he was put in Favre's shoes now he would be doing just as well if not better.

First of all when did I bring Favre or the Vikings into this? And I understand your line sucks, but there is no doubt that Rodgers has to take some of the blame for the sacks. You can't hold on to the ball for that long and expect the pressure not to get to you.

And I did give him credit, I said he was a good QB, I simply said he wasn't on Peyton's level which is clearly true. I don't understand how saying that he isn't as good as the best QB in the game is a slight to him at all.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:46 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
First of all when did I bring Favre or the Vikings into this? And I understand your line sucks, but there is no doubt that Rodgers has to take some of the blame for the sacks. You can't hold on to the ball for that long and expect the pressure not to get to you.

And I did give him credit, I said he was a good QB, I simply said he wasn't on Peyton's level which is clearly true. I don't understand how saying that he isn't as good as the best QB in the game is a slight to him at all.
Your right about the Favre thing i was just stating that... same with ever other QB that has a line. Maybe i was just a little bitter idk lol.

Well to say he isnt anywhere near Payton's level is an overstatement... i mean hes clearly not as good as Payton right now but hes still young and learning. Payton back in the day wasn't the Payton as we know him... or back then Brett Favre.

He does hold on to the ball a tad to long i give you that but i cant blame him 100% on that. The play calling this year hasn't been all that
great and it seems like were going for the home run play after play
Old 11-09-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Come on now, this is getting ridiculous, the issue on Rogers part is that from time to time, when his receivers don't come open or are covered he has a tendency to hold on to the ball too long instead of looking for a check down or throwing it away and this causes the occasional sack.

That is his issue.

You're making it sound as if he holds on to the ball until he's sacked on every play which just isn't the case. There's more than enough times he's taken short routes, or the underneath stuff as well. It's not as if his holding the ball in some instances is causing the problems on the offense, because that simply isn't the case.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:11 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Come on now, this is getting ridiculous, the issue on Rogers part is that from time to time, when his receivers don't come open or are covered he has a tendency to hold on to the ball too long instead of looking for a check down or throwing it away and this causes the occasional sack.

That is his issue.

You're making it sound as if he holds on to the ball until he's sacked on every play which just isn't the case. There's more than enough times he's taken short routes, or the underneath stuff as well. It's not as if his holding the ball in some instances is causing the problems on the offense, because that simply isn't the case.

I never said he does it on every play, or that he's entirely to blame. But he does do it a fair amount and he needs to learn to get the ball out quicker. The offensive line is more to blame, but some of the blame needs to go to Rodgers. I think even most Packer fans acknowledge this.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I never said he does it on every play, or that he's entirely to blame. But he does do it a fair amount and he needs to learn to get the ball out quicker. The offensive line is more to blame, but some of the blame needs to go to Rodgers. I think even most Packer fans acknowledge this.
Yea we do but as i stated earlier and Blindside touched on... better play calling would help greatly