Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-09-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has Tony Dungy adopted this guy or what? Hey Tony nobody seems to want to give Matt Jones another chance why not take him under your wing?
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Has Tony Dungy adopted this guy or what? Hey Tony nobody seems to want to give Matt Jones another chance why not take him under your wing?
Don't give danzing anything else to talk about
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Don't give danzing anything else to talk about
That's why i hid it over here.:)
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
I've watched every Bills game since (i believe 2003)

trent has always had the same mentality.. he just looks worst now because he isnt getting 5-6 seconds in the pocket like he was his rookie year
From another Bills fan, you've got a revisionist view on Edwards' history as a passer. He was making good throws that were behind the first down line before that concussion. His passes weren't 30+ yard bombs, but he had a lot more 10-20 yard completions from the start of last year than he has since and the offensive line wasn't even that great at the time other than the Seahawks game. For those weeks we were all wanting to put Peters' head on a stake because of his terrible pass pro. Our line was good at run blocking though. Trent was fine until the concussion, and he really turned into captain checkdown after the 1st quarter of the Monday night game last year when we played the Browns. Thats when it first got BAD. I was at that game, he through 3 INT's in the first quarter and then from then on, every pass was a check down to Lynch or someone else short other than a couple of passes about 20-25 yards down the middle to Stevie Johnson.

So, he was fine until Adrian Wilson lit him up and caused that concussion, started playing with no confidence after that, through 3 INT's against the Browns and then lost all of his swagger and turned into captain check down. Hes been the same ever since, and I actually think he would be better at not checking down if we didn't have Owens on the team this year because he has gone deep to Owens at least 3 times where its been a nearly perfect throw that Owens just completely dropped. Edwards seems to still have a decent deep ball when he throws it from the Bills end of the field, but when the field gets shorter, and he goes deeper towards the goal line it seems to get picked off most of the time.

For the Bills, I'd rather them fix up the rest of the roster before picking up a legit franchise quarterback and if the team wants to pick up Vick to bring some excitement and sell some tickets while they rebuild the foundation of the roster, I'd be fine with that as a fan.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
I've watched every Bills game since (i believe 2003)

trent has always had the same mentality.. he just looks worst now because he isnt getting 5-6 seconds in the pocket like he was his rookie year
And I've watched each of Trent's starts until this season. Sure he's never focused on attack teams deep, but he threw in the 10-20 yard range fairly consistently and pretty well. He doesn't even do that any more and just seems scared since being hurt and having a ****** OL.

Edit: Vox writing the same thing in greater depth and detail.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 11-09-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
And I've watched each of Trent's starts until this season. Sure he's never focused on attack teams deep, but he threw in the 10-20 yard range fairly consistently and pretty well. He doesn't even do that any more and just seems scared since being hurt and having a ****** OL.

Edit: Vox writing the same thing in greater depth and detail.
I still think that's more of a coaching issue that necessarily his issue. He's been conditioned to panic when no one is open, or to look for the easy completion.

Statistically it's more likely to achieve third down success than throwing it past the down marker anyway, so it could be the result of some stupid offensive assistant designing plays for shorter routes trying to get the WRs and Backs in space.

I don't know, but Vick certainly would not be an upgrade. You'd get a downgrade as a passer.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:27 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I don't think he will make any team better. Actually, maybe the Browns.
this would be awesome, it would at least be more exciting than what we have, and at the same time, everyone would flip out about Vick playing in front of the dawg pound.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vick is a running QB who's getting up in years. Vick hasn't shown the same burst this season, but that could just be due to rust. Even if its not his explosiveness should start dropping off at his age.

I cant see Vick leading a team to the SuperBowl and with each passing year his running ability will keep declining. I could see him being a decent stop-gag QB for a team like Washington until they draft a QB of the future.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
everyone would flip out about Vick playing in front of the dawg pound.
hahahahahaha

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally Lee Evans would have someone who could hit him in stride.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:49 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
From another Bills fan, you've got a revisionist view on Edwards' history as a passer. He was making good throws that were behind the first down line before that concussion. His passes weren't 30+ yard bombs, but he had a lot more 10-20 yard completions from the start of last year than he has since and the offensive line wasn't even that great at the time other than the Seahawks game. For those weeks we were all wanting to put Peters' head on a stake because of his terrible pass pro. Our line was good at run blocking though. Trent was fine until the concussion, and he really turned into captain checkdown after the 1st quarter of the Monday night game last year when we played the Browns. Thats when it first got BAD. I was at that game, he through 3 INT's in the first quarter and then from then on, every pass was a check down to Lynch or someone else short other than a couple of passes about 20-25 yards down the middle to Stevie Johnson.

So, he was fine until Adrian Wilson lit him up and caused that concussion, started playing with no confidence after that, through 3 INT's against the Browns and then lost all of his swagger and turned into captain check down. Hes been the same ever since, and I actually think he would be better at not checking down if we didn't have Owens on the team this year because he has gone deep to Owens at least 3 times where its been a nearly perfect throw that Owens just completely dropped. Edwards seems to still have a decent deep ball when he throws it from the Bills end of the field, but when the field gets shorter, and he goes deeper towards the goal line it seems to get picked off most of the time.

For the Bills, I'd rather them fix up the rest of the roster before picking up a legit franchise quarterback and if the team wants to pick up Vick to bring some excitement and sell some tickets while they rebuild the foundation of the roster, I'd be fine with that as a fan.

during that 4-0 start he wasnt that impressive either

in those games they played
the seahawks
Jaguars (who we had to comeback and beat)
Raiders (had to comeback and beat)
The Rams (who we were losing to till the 4th quarter

lets look at the fact that he doesnt make any plays...

in his rookie year he threw 7tds in 10 games
4 tds came in 1 game agains the 1-15 dolphins
so he threw 3tds in 9games

last year he threw 10 tds in 14 games
he played dreadfully in the end of the season

this year hes throws 5 tds and 6 ints

he threw 4tds in two games... so that means hes throw 1 td and 5 ints in his last 4 starts..

the guy isnt a franchise QB... anytime u have to worry about yur QB playing scared, and not making plays.. hes not a franchise qb
Old 11-10-2009, 12:34 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This will not make the Bills any better. Sorry Bills fans. Develop Edwards. Don't let him checkdown all the time. I was really hoping Edwards would take the Bills places.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
The Bills are weak from coach to assistants to personnel on both sides of the ball. IMO they need to be gutted and rebuilt, there's a decent nucleus at certain positions to build around, they just need a better coach and some better players at other positions.

Edwards needs coaching at this point imo, not really a veteran who isn't a good passer to "push" him. I think having Vick there would do something of stunting his development.
The Bills problems begin and end with the owner who simply isn't rich enough to provide the resources to have a competitive team. the Bills have basically stunk since FA was introduced by the NFL.
The Bills practically never retain their top FA's and their fans have to put up with an endless exodus of stars out of town as FA's.
Fans in Buffalo are getting bored with Wilson inability or unwillingness to build a winner because he won't spend a whole lot of money and Wilson is signing players like TO to keep fans buying tickets. If he signs Vick, it will be for the same purpose. He already has sold a # of home games to Toronto to add to his revenue but it hasn't provided enough.
As for the coaches and the management team, their is no HC or GM that could turn this franchise into a winner and blaming them for the team's failure is a complete waste of time. Do you really believe it was their decision to let their all pro LT go in a trade. How does anyone expect a QB to develop with an OL built on the cheap. Year after year, Buffalo is forced to use the draft to replace FA's who have walked instead of using it to improve the other weak areas on the team.
This is another dead franchise in the NFL along with Oakland, Detroit and Cleveland who all have little chance of ever being champion. They all have owners who appear incapable of winning much of anything.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:40 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The last thing the Bills need at this point is Vick anyway. They should be getting back to Vegas, especially with a guy like Marshawn to pound the rock for a few years. Build the lines, develop a QB, and stay the hell away from sideshows like TO and Vick. That's the only way back to legitimacy.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dear Tony Dungy,

We get it. You really like Michael Vick. That doesnt mean he is an NFL starter any more.

Thanks,
Brent

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:18 AM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
The last thing the Bills need at this point is Vick anyway. They should be getting back to Vegas, especially with a guy like Marshawn to pound the rock for a few years. Build the lines, develop a QB, and stay the hell away from sideshows like TO and Vick. That's the only way back to legitimacy.

Build the lines--- we've got 3 rookies starting, and a 2nd year "rookie" at LT
we need another DT but Kyle Williams and Stroud are good enough

The BIlls need a legit QB in order to become a legit team.
we've tried trading for an up and comer (rob johnson)
we've tried trading for a vet (bledsoe)
We've tried drafting the project QB (losman)
and we've tried the late round player (Edwards)
time to give the Big time QB prospect a shot (trade up and get the best QB in the draft)

no QB will ever succeed as long as Dick Jauron is the Head coach. Ralph Wilson as of right now is a Joke of an Owner
Old 11-10-2009, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Dungy should tell people if a team had interest in Vick. QBs can be fickle when it comes to confidence, knowing management considered bringing in someone else can hurt confidence and cause a distraction. Now all the players will get asked how they'd like it if they had a different QB.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote