Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 11-13-2009, 12:54 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ah ok...I'll have to check out some Stanford games then. I haven't seen him play.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:00 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andrew luck owned usc tonight. 3 tds with no turnovers. He is a sex machine.
Old 11-15-2009, 01:53 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha yea I caught that game. You were right, Luck is the real deal. My first time seeing him but he pretty much embarrased Barkley.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:32 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well this weekend was a confusing win for the skins. although some areas of concern looked a bit better i dont think it changes the overall needs of this team much. it was nice to see rhino play well and if he can keep progressing than that would be a huge help to the line. heyer continues to suck but levi did play decent in his first start. if levi finishes the season with decent play, i wonder if he could play rt ahead of heyer next year?

heres my current "big board" for the first couple rounds.

ROUND 1

1. Russell Okung, OT, Okl State - tremendous size and athleticism with a ton of experience. excels in pass protection but a good run blocker too.

2. Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers - has shut down some great pass rushers this year. maybe not as safe as okung but could have a higher ceiling.

3. Eric Berry, DB, Tenn - playmaker. beast. nuff said.

4. Joe Haden, CB, Florida - Hadens had a very strong junior campaign and has risen quickly up draft boards. Performs well in coverage, good tackler, and should run in the low 4.4s.

5. Jake Locker, QB, Washington - love this leadership and work ethic. strong enough arm to make nfl throws and makes plays with his legs. needs to work on consistency.

6. Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama - a field general always around the ball. hits hard and has a great understanding of the game.

Honorable Mention: CJ Spiller, Trent Williams

ROUND 2

1. Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland - I think that the number of good OTs this year along with his inconsistency, injury, and lack of experience could drop Bruce in the draft. Hes a guy with HUGE upside but needs good coaching.

2. Jason Fox, OT, Miami - Another player thats been rising up draft boards with a strong campaign this year. Has a lot of experience starting and could probably start right away at the pro level.

3. Noel Devine, RB, WVU - An absolute playmaker with unbelievable vision and speed. He cuts on a dime and is extremely strong for his size.

4. Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia - Physical cornerback that has come on in the late part of this year. Has very good size and excels in run support. Isn't extremely fast but has adequate speed and good ball skills.

5. Eric Norwood, OLB, South Carolina - Big fan of Norwood. He's an animal on the field and is constantly around the ball. Could be a good rotational player at strongside with Orakpo when Orakpo plays with his hands on the ground.

Last edited by DiG : 11-18-2009 at 03:15 PM.
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Maryland fans,
Tell me more about Bruce Campbell. His stock is all over the place. From a Top 10 Lock to 2nd round. He's personally my favorite OT at the moment, but I know I haven't seen him as much as you guys.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Hey Maryland fans,
Tell me more about Bruce Campbell. His stock is all over the place. From a Top 10 Lock to 2nd round. He's personally my favorite OT at the moment, but I know I haven't seen him as much as you guys.
He has the potential to be a long term franchise player but he is still very raw. At this point I would say he is a better pass blocker than run blocker which has a lot to do with his insane athleticism. His biggest weaknesses are his technique due mostly to his lack of experience at the position. He's young and hes had a couple minor nagging injuries that have kept him out of the lineup some this year.

I actually think he may have played better last year as a sophomore in the second half of the year when he was healthy and started the last 6 games of the year. He has a great work ethic and should be easily coach-able at the next level. Overall this year his play has been inconsistent. Some days hes the best player on the field but he cant always get by purely on strength and athleticism.

As a pro, I think he still needs 2 or so years to develop. He may struggle early on in his career if he is drafted into a situation where he has to start right away but I dont doubt that he will excel down the road with good coaching. He's a pure LT imo. I wouldnt bother putting him on the right side. I dont think he is at a point in his development where he is worth a top 15-20 pick. From what I've seen, he's an early second rounder.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:23 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wouldnt grabbing dexter mccluster in a later round instead of noel devine. essentially the same person. but in a later round. like 4th.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by critesy View Post
i wouldnt grabbing dexter mccluster in a later round instead of noel devine. essentially the same person. but in a later round. like 4th.
i dont know how you can say they are essentially the same person. they both may be playmakers but definitely not the same person or mold. mcclusters 165 lbs and has 1500 receiving yards and 1500 rushing yards in his 4 year career. i dont think theres much of a chance he is used as a rb in the nfl.

devine is listed at 175 but i am willing to bet he weighs in at the combine between 180-185. he has just over 3500 total yards in 3 seasons, primarily rushing the football. theres no way that mccluster has devines strength. where mccluster will probably play wr in the nfl, devine will most definitely be a running back in the 10-12 carries per game mold.

thats not to say i would be opposed to drafting mccluster in the later rounds. i just dont think they are that close as prospects.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:21 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They are way different. Divine is like a bowling ball. He runs with such great balance and so low to the ground. He has excellent core balance. McCluster while true a big playmaker with great speed he plays and runs like a WR. I'd compare him more to a Lorenzo Booker than anything.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
They are way different. Divine is like a bowling ball. He runs with such great balance and so low to the ground. He has excellent core balance. McCluster while true a big playmaker with great speed he plays and runs like a WR. I'd compare him more to a Lorenzo Booker than anything.
right on. you like Ras-I Dowling in my rd 2 big board? i know your a fan of his.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
right on. you like Ras-I Dowling in my rd 2 big board? i know your a fan of his.
I'm doubting he leaves early tbh. He's definitely returned to top tier status the second half of this season but I can't see him going early. There are too many reasons to stay. UVA sucked this year and I doubt he wants to go out like this considering the young talent on the team. Also graduating from UVA is also something that would keep you there for another year even though you could also go back. Also on a pure draft standpoint I think he'd probably be a 3rd rounder at best. He doesn't get any pub playing for a bad team and he won't run a blazing 40 time. I think with a strong senior season in which scouts can see how rare his size/coverage ability ratio is, he will be a top 25 pick. As of now if he did enter he'd probably be a big 4th round steal for someone.

Old 11-16-2009, 03:38 PM    (permalink
treyskins
Rookie

treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.treyskins is a cocksman.

In the second round i would love the skins to take a long hard look at
Guards mike Iupati(idaho-could move up into the bottom first) and mike Johnson(alabama)

Centers/Guards kris O'Dowd(usc) and stefen Wisniewski(penn st.) both juniors but could declare.

If not then there has to be first round talent that drops to us due to combine stars and workout warriors and a L.B.,Corner,Safety,Def,Tackle,Off. Tackle,RunningBack could sure help the skins.
Of course, if the skins start winning then the picture starts to change.
treyskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

I don't know if you guys saw this stat that was shown during the game yesterday:

Since 2001, the Redskins are the only team in the NFL that has not drafted an offensive lineman in either the first or second round of the draft.

Just...wow...
Old 11-18-2009, 11:24 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

about the devine and mccluster thingy.. being an auburn fan i have seen ole miss the past 3 years and auburn had a home and home with wvu the past two years so i have seen both of them alot.
- the thing im saying is if we were to draft a rb/slot/return person i cant see the difference in them. i believe mccluster could take the beating just as well as noel. they're not the same build but mccluster actually has amazing balance and breaks basically every arm tackle almost as well as noel. noel is by far faster for like downfield speed but mccluster has quicker cuts and change of direction speed. im just saying we could use him 5-7 times at rb and put him in the slot for screens or slants and then obviously return.
- noel is obviously the better prospect cause he spends all his time at rb and has better size (lol) and faster and what not. but mccluster is not that far off in all those categories and you can probably get im 1-3 rounds later.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:01 PM    (permalink
BleedBurgundy96
Rookie

BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
I don't know if you guys saw this stat that was shown during the game yesterday:

Since 2001, the Redskins are the only team in the NFL that has not drafted an offensive lineman in either the first or second round of the draft.

Just...wow...
This stat needs to change this upcoming April.

QB and OL in either order in the 1st 2 rounds.
BleedBurgundy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys should draft Mike Iupati. Colt could make use of his Samoan line signals that he used at Hawaii. He used to call plays in Samoan. LMAO. :D
Old 12-01-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

The 5 Spot

If the draft were today it looks like we have moved up into the 5 spot. I hate the idea of reaching on a player that early in the draft and feel like you really need to come away with an impact player when your drafting that high. I still have okung at the top of my list but after that my board is a little more shaken up based on drafting that high. I expect 1 of these 3 to be on the board at the 5 spot.

1. Russell Okung, OT, Okl State

2. Eric Berry, DB, Tennesee

3. Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma

If these guys are gone, which I doubt, than the second option should be a trade down into the 9-15 range. Heres my big board in that range.

1. Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
2. Joe Haden, CB, Florida
3. Rolando Mcclain, LB, Alabama
4. CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson
5. Brian Bulaga, OT, Iowa
6. Sean Witherspoon, OLB, Mizzo
Old 12-01-2009, 05:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I know you don't want a QB, but don't you think the Redskins will draft one anyways?
Old 12-01-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
I know you don't want a QB, but don't you think the Redskins will draft one anyways?
not necessarily. depends on what qb is on the board. depends on the cba. depends on if campbell is around (rfa under a no cap season). depends on who the coach/gm is. depends on free agency. depends on trades and players cut from other teams. depends on a whole lot.

it makes me sick to think about paying clausen, locker, or bradford $25+ million guaranteed and putting them behind our oline. not one of them imo has shown they are worth a top 5 pick and that kind of money. ill take colt at $400k and culpepper, bulger, pennington, etc every single time before i pay one of those three that kind of money. hell id even go after troy smith as a rfa before drafting one of those three in the top 5.
Old 12-01-2009, 05:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
not necessarily. depends on what qb is on the board. depends on the cba. depends on if campbell is around (rfa under a no cap season). depends on who the coach/gm is. depends on free agency. depends on trades and players cut from other teams. depends on a whole lot.

it makes me sick to think about paying clausen, locker, or bradford $25+ million guaranteed and putting them behind our oline. not one of them imo has shown they are worth a top 5 pick and that kind of money. ill take colt at $400k and culpepper, bulger, pennington, etc every single time before i pay one of those three that kind of money. hell id even go after troy smith as a rfa before drafting one of those three in the top 5.
I agree. But I think Locker will wow the workouts and be the kind of hot commodity that would get Snyder's pants happy. We'll see though. I hope you are right for sure.

BTW, I just got a game worn silver 2007 Hawaii helmet with an Oakley visor and chin strap autographed by the 2007 Sugar bowl team. I bought it off Craig's list. The seller is the brother of Lono Manners (a safety/lb that was on that team). Dunno who's helmet it was... but only Colt wore a visor.... I can tell from the scratches and size that it wasn't a defensive player's helmet and the facemask is a QB's helmet grill... yeah, you know what I'm thinkin' bout that... I GOT COLT'S 2007 SILVER HELMET!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Not a need at all but damn imagine McCoy or Suh along with Albert.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:16 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I could see that. Just like you guys took Landry when you had Taylor.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:42 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

Quote:
yeah, you know what I'm thinkin' bout that... I GOT COLT'S 2007 SILVER HELMET!!!!!!
post pics :)

Quote:
why isnt DT a need? haynesworth, as i expected would be the case, is an absolute beast when hes in the game but, not to my surprise, hes only good for 12-13 games a season with minor injuries. i do anticipate similar going forward. anthony montgomery is set to hit free agency as is gholston and griffin will be 34 next year. id be perfectly fine drafting suh or mccoy if they were on the board and okung or berry were not.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:37 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

I know some people will disagree with me but I really really want Reggie Bush in 2010 for the Redskins.

"Jason Cole, of Yahoo! Sports, reports New Orleans Saints RB Reggie Bush is unlikely to return to the team in 2010 as Bush is due to count for roughly $8 million against the salary cap next season. Bush's cap number and secondary importance to the team could create conflict in a locker room where several players, such as WR Marques Colston, are expected to receive new contracts soon."

I think he would be a great compliment to Portis and obviously he is still plenty young. There are only a couple dynamic speed backs in the draft and I would prefer to spend the picks on o-line and other needs. I wouldnt break the bank on a huge deal for him but at the right price I think hed be a really good addition. What do you guys think?
Old 12-02-2009, 10:15 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

I would take Bush on a cheap deal. Won't have to use a pick on a RB in the draft and you can make him the full time return man, something else that we need.