Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-09-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Dunces, Clowns and now Fannie Boys! So glad you think so highly of us, Bob.

From your pedestal, the view below must make you feel so good. A Philly loss and we're Dead Wrong and your're right. A win and we're "Fannie boys"! LOL. You're killin' me your majesty!
Hey now! I never referred to you or anyone specifically.

This is like the "Pick and Ethnicity" box when you apply for Welfare. You pick what you want. Don't blame anyone else when your application is processed and you go down as something you may (or may not) consider yourself..

I simply put the boxes to check on the form. You decide which you want to pick.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 11-09-2009 at 02:38 PM.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cowboys for the last several years have always been a team that ranked much better in the YPA stats than in the points per game stat. This year they're 20th in yards allowed and 7th in points allowed (and remember that we are near the top of the league in points allowed off turnovers, eliminate that stat and we're in the top 3 of the league otherwise), flipping the script. Or would you rather be like the Giants, first in yards allowed and 21st in points allowed?
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Romo himself is still developing as a QB. Funny, but I think yesterday was the perfect example of an "OK" performance by him. It was neither bad or great. It was just enough. If all is, is "just good enough".. that's ok wit me cause "just good enough" means getting the win despite errors.
I know you said it was neither good nor bad, and one person thinks he played bad, but I saw a stat that was really amazing to me from the game and I can't remember the EXACT figures, but I believe on 3rd down Romo was

9/11, with a QB rating well over 120.

It really surprised me, and showed how efficient he was vs an aggressive defense all night, and one he typically struggles with. That's the money down, 3rd downs, and he was fantastic on those downs. I have been waiting for one of these games from Tony, when things don't go as scripted, with 35 points going into the 4th.

I wanted to see if he could be patient to wait for that big play Austin provided, wait for our defense to create a turnover, not put us in any worse spots.

This game from Romo was way more impressive to me personally then any of the 300 yard, 5 TD games he's had with us. He's always been capable of that, this was a game on the road, he handled the 3rd downs well, took sacks when there was nothing there, and sometimes it goes that way.

You can't shred up every defense you play, I see alot of these types of games from Big Ben week in and out, I love that Tony has adjusted his game because I don't remember seeing these types of wins from him before. I'm just glad he's improving and progressing, taking his mistakes and learning.

No way in hell I'd consider him playing badly, especially when I had a chance to see how well he threw the ball on 3rd down all night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, since I got trashed in here for thinking the Eagles spot was bad, I'd just like to point this out.

What does it say? It says the VP of NFL Officiating disagreed and would've overturned the spot on the field.

Quote:
"I think I'd move it," Pereira said. "There was a camera angle that showed exactly where the ball was when McNabb's elbow hit the ground. The Eagles logo at midfield provided a reference point. The spot where the ball was when McNabb's elbow touched the ground did not match the placement of the ball by the referees."
Game over, who cares anymore but I just thought I'd let you see this since you all laughed at me when I said I thought it was a bad spot, turns out the VP of Officiating agrees with me. Just sayin', not as funny and laughable as you thought.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Well, since I got trashed in here for thinking the Eagles spot was bad, I'd just like to point this out.

What does it say? It says the VP of NFL Officiating disagreed and would've overturned the spot on the field.

Game over, who cares anymore but I just thought I'd let you see this since you all laughed at me when I said I thought it was a bad spot, turns out the VP of Officiating agrees with me. Just sayin', not as funny and laughable as you thought.
I laughed because you thought that it was a reason for you losing. You blamed bad reffing.

The officials called it right because there was no visual evidence of where his other arm was. He was down in the pile and you see the arm with the ball, and that looked like it was past, but you don't see the other one which could have been down earlier.

Did the VP analyze all the missed plays? What did he think of Asante Samuels' non-PI call in the endzone on Roy Williams? Is that the only thing he reviewed? Kind of bias if you ask me.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really do believe that the game hinged on that play, if the Eagles get called short the Cowboys win (and they did) and if the Eagles get the first, the continue driving and get some points.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I really do believe that the game hinged on that play, if the Eagles get called short the Cowboys win (and they did) and if the Eagles get the first, the continue driving and get some points.
It's not like the Eagles offense had shown anytime earlier in the game of easily marching down for a score. What makes you so confident they were going to do it now? They had a 2nd and short and couldn't covert in 2 tries. Man up to the loss. Eagles weren't able to win at home. Let it sting. You'll heal faster.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is a stupid game you're trying to play. What if we had the 6 (most likely 7) points we would have gotten had Roy Williams not been interfered with at the end of the half? Please, respond to that.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's not like the Eagles offense had shown anytime earlier in the game of easily marching down for a score. What makes you so confident they were going to do it now? They had a 2nd and short and couldn't covert in 2 tries. Man up to the loss. Eagles weren't able to win at home. Let it sting. You'll heal faster.
You wanna call out other people for being on a "pedestal", but you're also talking down to people. Dont be ignorant and act like that call didnt have an impact on the outcome of the game. The refs were bad that game. Both sides had a couple missed calls, difference is that this call gave you the ball and ended a possible drive.

I think all Eagles fans have "manned" up to the loss and its over with. We're a young team, and a lot of mistakes were made. A lot of our starters were rookies and it was their first or second time playing in a big NFL game.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
You wanna call out other people for being on a "pedestal", but you're also talking down to people. Dont be ignorant and act like that call didnt have an impact on the outcome of the game. The refs were bad that game. Both sides had a couple missed calls, difference is that this call gave you the ball and ended a possible drive.

I think all Eagles fans have "manned" up to the loss and its over with. We're a young team, and a lot of mistakes were made. A lot of our starters were rookies and it was their first or second time playing in a big NFL game.
I'm only talking to Thumper. He talked a lot of junk before the game and has only made excuses for losing. I've yet to hear him say the Eagles lost fair and square. That to me is not manning up. This is a sports forum where fans talk smack on both sides all the time. I do it. I also man up and eat my crow all the time. I like Thumper, I'm just giving him a hard time. ... But it's all in sports fun. Chill...
Old 11-13-2009, 12:08 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post

You make a lot of excuses.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:58 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Of course the game hinged on that 1 play, you know why? Because we had to kick a fg instead of punching in a TD when Samuel blatantly held RW's arm. If you asked the VP of officiating about that play what do you think he would say?

Then for all we know that play is meaningless or doesn't happen because your not even as close at that point.

But again, it's probably more fun your way of just looking at that one call, instead of the countless we pointed out that went in your favor.

I get it though, let's just say the Cowboys won because of the refs, then it makes the Eagles look better and makes the Cowboys look worse, and you can sleep better at night.

Hey, whatever works for you buddy.

It's just funny how you continuously ignore all the other calls we pointed out to you that could of had the game well out of hand by that point, thus making the QB sneak irrelevant had the prior calls been called correctly. So you, and the other Eagles fans still hinging to that call need to keep in mind that had prior calls been called correct that play doesn't have such huge ramifications, then again if the Eagles knew what to do on a 3rd/4th and short situation they wouldn't have to worry about it but we all know Andy Reid is as clueless as it comes in those situations.

You can take that as a shot if you want but we both know it's true, you guys can't convert short yardage situations to save your life, you have more to be worried about then a ball spot.

Again though, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 11-13-2009 at 01:01 AM.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

You seem to be taking everything I say too seriously, I was simply pointing out that the VP of Officiating would've overturned the call because you and D-Unit thought it was so funny when in reality it was a bad spot and IMO it did turn the game. I have said that bad calls went both ways all game, but that call is the one that decided the game IMO. I know none of you probably care to listen because you'll just continue chest thumping (I understand, I did it after the Giants game) but that call may have decided the game because the Eagles prior to that spot the Eagles were driving, that is why I believe that would've happened the Eagles went from their own 13 to the Cowboys 45. Props to the Dallas defense for holding up enough to get the call though.

And yeah, the Eagles lost, oh well not here because I'm bitter just came here to show you that really wasn't as laughable as you thought and I keep seeing all those penalties that the Refs missed, the Refs missed a few on the Eagles as well and to be honest I really don't care, just wanted to show that I wasn't crazy like you guys tried to make it seem like.

See you guys in December, and LL I don't lose sleep over football so regardless of what you say, what I say and the refs say, I sleep just fine.

And I agree with LL, the Eagles really do have short yardage issues and they should've never been in a situation to where Andy would have to challenge the play.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:19 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
You seem to be taking everything I say too seriously, I was simply pointing out that the VP of Officiating would've overturned the call because you and D-Unit thought it was so funny when in reality it was a bad spot and IMO it did turn the game. I have said that bad calls went both ways all game, but that call is the one that decided the game IMO. I know none of you probably care to listen because you'll just continue chest thumping (I understand, I did it after the Giants game) but that call may have decided the game because the Eagles prior to that spot the Eagles were driving, that is why I believe that would've happened the Eagles went from their own 13 to the Cowboys 45. Props to the Dallas defense for holding up enough to get the call though.

And yeah, the Eagles lost, oh well not here because I'm bitter just came here to show you that really wasn't as laughable as you thought and I keep seeing all those penalties that the Refs missed, the Refs missed a few on the Eagles as well and to be honest I really don't care, just wanted to show that I wasn't crazy like you guys tried to make it seem like.

See you guys in December, and LL I don't lose sleep over football so regardless of what you say, what I say and the refs say, I sleep just fine.

And I agree with LL, the Eagles really do have short yardage issues and they should've never been in a situation to where Andy would have to challenge the play.
Fiiiiiiiiiine. From now on, we just need to have the mentality that only the LAST missed call counts. Everything before that is not that important. :p

Yeah. I think you guys would've won if you got that call.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:29 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The bottom line is that the eagles tried multiple times to gain a single yard and failed. In any game, if you can't get a single yard when you have to you don't deserve to win.

This goes for the cowboys, eagles, LSU tigers or whomever. If your game hinges upon a spot from the ref after multiple tries at a single yard you do not deserve to win.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
The bottom line is that the eagles tried multiple times to gain a single yard and failed. In any game, if you can't get a single yard when you have to you don't deserve to win.

This goes for the cowboys, eagles, LSU tigers or whomever. If your game hinges upon a spot from the ref after multiple tries at a single yard you do not deserve to win.
I know this is true because I heard my father spout this at the TV 1000 times growing up. Usually with more cursing than appears in LSU's post.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:29 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
I know this is true because I heard my father spout this at the TV 1000 times growing up. Usually with more cursing than appears in LSU's post.
Likely during Barry Switzer's notorious 4th down debacle against the Eagles with Emmitt trying 2 straight runs to get a single yard. At the end of the day, if you can't gain 1 yard when you have to with multiple attempts then you don't deserve the win.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote