Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 11-15-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Chris Simms

Is the worst player in the NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

But he was always so clutch in college... lol
Old 11-15-2009, 05:16 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you can tell him thanks.

from,
redskins nation.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 05:53 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, he's played 2 snaps in 3 years, so you had to expect him to be rusty.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, there were three reasons I didn't expect him to do particularly well.

1. The rust
2. He's not as good as Orton
3. It's difficult for someone not expecting to play to come in in that situation.

But he took a ******* dump on the field. 2/11 for 6 yards and a pick? Can we bring back Patrick Ramsay? The only thing worse than that ypa number is his yards per completion number. ****** three yards per completion? What the **** Chris? Do we have anyone on the roster who played QB in high school? He'd probably have better results.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-15-2009, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been a defender of Chris Simms for a while now. I thought he got a raw deal in Tampa and that fans got on his case too much for not playing through a ruptured spleen or whatever it was.

But after that....... yeah, enjoy the UFL Chris.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It seems like the Football Gods decided to take a dump on our team... and that big, greasy turd with the pieces of half-digested corn stuck at one end was Chris Simms.

We're ****** if Orton isn't ready to go this week.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
can we just forfeit if orton's out? i mean that seriously. what's the point in even trying to pretend that this was a football team in the 4th quarter?
+1

ten chars
Old 11-16-2009, 10:55 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*Chris Simms nut hugger* Let's give him a bit more time.*Chris Simms nut hugger*
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:26 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Damn, who ever would have thought that our hopes for winning rested squarely on the shoulders of one Kyle Orton?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-16-2009, 12:27 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Went to the Raiders vs Broncos game earlier in the season, sat right behind your bench.... we all gave Simms shiy about looking like a *** lol.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
Damn, who ever would have thought that our hopes for winning rested squarely on the shoulders of one Kyle Orton?
You are only as good as your weakest link. So when you replace your weakest link with a weaker link, bad things happen.

I have to believe that simms will be much better with a week to prepare. Not that I genuinely believe that will be good enough to beat the Chargers.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

So, I'm driving back the 500 kms from Grande Prairie and I hear on the radio that Simms is starting. However, by the time I get through my front door Orton is in the game. So... did they just start Simms to spot SD a 13 point lead?

I guess it doesn't really matter as the team seems driven to self-destruction anyway, but IMO that switch indicates they have zero confidence in Simms... so why bother keeping him around?
Old 11-22-2009, 05:21 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Simms would eventually become decent since he had a good season in Tampa until his spleen exploding, but just not happening.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
You are only as good as your weakest link. So when you replace your weakest link with a weaker link, bad things happen.

I have to believe that simms will be much better with a week to prepare. Not that I genuinely believe that will be good enough to beat the Chargers.
Okay, I was really really wrong. With a proper preparation he is still crap. If Orton could play that well, why the **** wasnt he in from the first snap? Soft effort from him.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
we should cut him. immediately. brandstater can't possibly be worse.
Yep.

Quote:
also, **** moreno.
Yes, that fumble was rather untimely. I pretty much walked through the door after a ******* 4+ hour drive to watch it happen. I can't say I was all that surprised... not a whole lot is going our way right now. The turnovers are brutal, and we seem to be on the wrong side of the refs (SD had a single penalty assessed? Yeah, right).

That being said, I think many (including team members) felt the game was a lost cause the second the coaches decided to start Simms. Would certainly explain some of the behavior I saw out there.

IMO, McD panicked today. Putting Orton back in, the onside kick, 4th down, etc. I get the sense it was a reaction to the mood on the sidelines - the players had kinda given up and without a huge turn of events the game was going to be a loss anyway. Still, this lack of drive (even if the "Simms factor" was a major contributor) is something we really bagged Shanahan for last year and I *hate* to see it re-emerge under the new regime.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
the last thing this team needs is a meltdown
Already looks like a meltdown to me. We'll know for sure on Thursday.

Quote:
what seems worse to me, is that last week was the game we had to win. and we blew it.
Losing Orton was a big factor in that one. Low morale + bad luck = guaranteed loss. The core of the offense has been decimated by the decline of our veterans (Hamilton, Wiegmann) and injuries. We really, really need Orton and Ryan Harris back at 100% to have any chance of moving the ball effectively.

Quote:
it's hard for me to think we can get a win on thursday, and 5 straight losses just can't be good for the locker room.
It might not mathematically eliminate us, but any hope for the season is over if we lose on Thursday. Then it will be time to see what Brandstater can do.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:54 AM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
we should cut him. immediately. brandstater can't possibly be worse.

also, **** moreno.
Wow, never thought i'd completely agree with njx.