Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 10-31-2009, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doesnt Ngata play 43 NT under mattison. I thought we were a traditional 43 front
Old 10-31-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We play both, just more 4-3 than we have in past years. If we do go full-time 4-3 then Mt. Cody would be a bad pick, an UT type like Arthur Jones would be better.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was planning on keeping the team a 3-4 and playing Cody at NT. Ngata-Cody-Pryce would be vicious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IDK how much longer Pryce will be around. I would say Dwan Edwards at DE. He got more PT then Pryce did against Minnesota
Old 11-01-2009, 06:38 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dunno how popular this move will be, but this is the most recent move I made in the forum mock:

Ravens Receive:
CB Champ Bailey
TE Daniel Graham
7th Rounder

Broncos Receive:
G Chris Chester
DE Trevor Pryce
4th Rounder (2010)

My reasoning: Ive never been impressed with Chester, even at G. I like Yanda in the position, and I dont feel like we lose anything by giving up Chester. Pryce, as you guys stated, is very close to being done, and Edwards has been getting more time then him recently anyways. Bailey isnt the corner he once was, but hes still top 5 in the NFL IMO and has at least 3 or 4 good years left in him. Graham gives us an upgrade at TE, and since I traded Heap, we needed that. Hes an excellent blocker, one of the best in the NFL, and a capable receiver. This trade gives me alot more flexibility with my 2 first round picks (16 and 17). So my new acquisitions:

WR Chris Henry
TE Daniel Graham
CB Champ Bailey

Losses:

TE Todd Heap
G Chris Chester
DE Trevor Pryce
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:45 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a pretty good move IMO.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Just think of Ed Reed and Champ Bailey in the same secondary.
Quote:
Old 11-02-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Bailey is top 5 in the league anymore but he''s still better than anything on the Ravens current roster and in the top 15 of NFL CB's.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:39 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Ok, so, Forum Mock over! Here is what I did.

Acquisitions:

WR Chris Henry
TE Daniel Graham
CB Champ Bailey

Losses:

TE Todd Heap
G Chris Chester
DE Trevor Pryce
S Dawan Landry
CB Chris Carr

Draft:
1 (14)- Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas
2 (35)- Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama
2 (45)- Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame

Personally, I loved what I did. Cody and Ngata on a Dline is beastly, and Kindle would absolutely dominate as a Raven. Tate is a bit rough around the edges, but of all the WR prospects I looked at game tape wise, I liked him most. I unloaded some older players, added some new weapons for Flacco, and shored up the defense. Thinking overall, it was really solid.
Quote:
Old 11-03-2009, 10:17 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought this was funny

Why NFL Quarterbacks Need Short Last names...
http://webmail.aol.com/28878/aim-2/e...box&partId =4
http://webmail.aol.com/28878/aim-2/e...box&partId =5
http://webmail.aol.com/28878/aim-2/e...box&partId =6
http://webmail.aol.com/28878/aim-2/e...box&partId =7
http://webmail.aol.com/28878/aim-2/e...box&partId =8
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 11:38 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Btw, current starting offense and defense after I was done with the Forum Mock

Offense

Jared Gaither -- Ben Grubbs -- Matt Birk -- Marshall Yanda -- Michael Oher

Chris Henry Joe Flacco Derrick Mason

Daniel Graham
Le'Ron McClain
Ray Rice

Defense

Haloti Ngata--Terrence Cody--Dwan Edwards

Terrell Suggs--Ray Lewis--Tavares Gooden--Sergio Kindle

Champ Bailey--Ed Reed--Haruki Nakamura--Dominique Foxworth
Quote:
Old 11-03-2009, 11:54 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I like what you did, but Kindle worries me. Right now i think he's more a product of hype than anything, but we'll see. The way JJ has been performing thus far we don't need an upgrade on that side anyways :D.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I don't really see the point in trading up for a LB when we have greater needs elsewhere, and have a history of finding great LB's late in the draft.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:37 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Btw, current starting offense and defense after I was done with the Forum Mock

Offense

Jared Gaither -- Ben Grubbs -- Matt Birk -- Marshall Yanda -- Michael Oher

Chris Henry Joe Flacco Derrick Mason

Daniel Graham
Le'Ron McClain
Ray Rice

Defense

Haloti Ngata--Terrence Cody--Dwan Edwards

Terrell Suggs--Ray Lewis--Tavares Gooden--Sergio Kindle

Champ Bailey--Ed Reed--Haruki Nakamura--Dominique Foxworth
I agree with everyone about drafting Kindle. I think we could have gone elsewhere. Also, I kinda think Chester should not have been traded. I know Yanda is a capable replacement, but moving him up to a starter destroys our depth. I think you should've left the O-line alone. They are one of the best in the league.

As for defense. I LOVE the d-line. With McKinney, Gregg, Bannan, and Pryce all in a rotation, that lineup is SICK. And I think if we traded Landry away, wouldn't Zbikowski be the starter? I thought he was Landry's backup and Nakamura was Ed's.

Overall, it was a good job, I just don't like how you messed with the o-line :D If it ain't broke, don't fix it :) But nice work.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Here is the coaching tree thing they talked about on MNF, the amount of coaches that coached Ray Lewis who became HC.

Mike Smith(LB coach 1999-2001)
Jack Del Rio(LB coach 1999-2001)
Marvin Lewis(DC 1996-2001)
Mike Nolan(DC 2002-2004)
Rex Ryan(DC 2005-2008)

that is impressive, any coach I forgot?
Old 11-17-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Here is the coaching tree thing they talked about on MNF, the amount of coaches that coached Ray Lewis who became HC.

Mike Nolan(DC 2002-2004)
Rex Ryan(DC 2005-2008)

Nice show of Coach Billick's tree!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:16 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post

Mike Nolan(DC 2002-2004)
Rex Ryan(DC 2005-2008)

Mike Singletary.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints just signed Chris McAlister, he last played with you guys so I figured I'd ask. Do you think he has anything left in the tank? Obviously he's not the same player from years prior... but I figure he's a smart, instinctual player who knows the position and if he can get back up to the speed of the game he can contribute positively in a limited role... I don't think we'll depend on him as a starter but rather contribute in the Nickel package, and multiple Defensive Back formations.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:05 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I think he will do well if he's asked to play mostly zone coverage. Wouldn't expect too much out of him in man.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think one of the biggest mistakes we made this year was bringin back Rolle over McAlister because Harbaugh seems to have a personal issue with C mac. I think he has something left in the tank for sure, and I do not thinik the Saints will regret the signing one bit.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
I think one of the biggest mistakes we made this year was bringin back Rolle over McAlister because Harbaugh seems to have a personal issue with C mac. I think he has something left in the tank for sure, and I do not thinik the Saints will regret the signing one bit.
I agree with this completely.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
Old 11-18-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
I agree with this completely.
This is shocking!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
This is shocking!
Just because I hate you 99% of the time doesn't mean you can't be right SOMETIMES

John Wall
Old 11-18-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
From all accounts I have heard (which should be taken with a grain of salt) CMac has personal issues with a few people in the organization, a few guys on the team, and also has a substance abuse problem. I can't say we couldn't use his play on the field, but I don't know if his play would be substantial enough to outweigh the chemistry issues it would create, if said accounts are true.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Bruce Cunningham reported that Cmac called Harbaugh a cracker to his face.

Also when the colts come back to baltimore on TV do they shows segments about how they were stolen from Baltimore? During the past MNF game it seems like they had a couple segments of how Baltimore stole the browns.