Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:25 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
I dunno how often many of you see black people but the notes I keep on them, just for reference in case they approach me, tell me that they like to wear Yankee hats much of the time. Even when they aren't Yankee fans.
lmao, I approve of this message. If I didn't have a siq quote already this would win easily. :D

I also agree about the Lebron hate, people want to bust his chops like just because he grew up in Ohio he's supposed to like all of their teams for some strange reason. Just because he's really good at basketball doesn't mean he's supposed to like ALL the teams that are in the same city as him. At least he's honest about it, and besides even if he does want to leave Cleveland people treat that as if it's so disrespectful.

Nearly all great players end up in Free Agency at some point, I don't see why he deserves so much flack if he does want to play somewhere else. Guess that comes with the territory though, but for the record he won't play football because it would be stupid but he's still more of an athlete then probably 90% of TE's playing now, probably more.

He may not be a beast, but I have a hard time believing he would struggle or get broke in half, he was an All-State WR and a highly touted recruit, it's not like football is a new sport to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 03:15 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I dunno how often many of you see black people but the notes I keep on them, just for reference in case they approach me, tell me that they like to wear Yankee hats much of the time. Even when they aren't Yankee fans.
... LMFAO. It's sad... yet true.

I don't even like baseball!!
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:21 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Once James get hit by a big time saftey I think he will be crawling back to the hardwood

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Many football fans don't like to face it, but NBA players are better pure athletes than NFL players. Think about it: To make an NFL roster you are competing for 1 of 50+ roster spots against the best players in the United States. To make an NBA roster you are competing for 1 of like 15 roster spots against the best players in the world. Basketball is a global sport in which there are many more people competing for fewer jobs. It takes a much more elite athlete to dominate the NBA than it does to be a good NFL player.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Many football fans don't like to face it, but NBA players are better pure athletes than NFL players. Think about it: To make an NFL roster you are competing for 1 of 50+ roster spots against the best players in the United States. To make an NBA roster you are competing for 1 of like 15 roster spots against the best players in the world. Basketball is a global sport in which there are many more people competing for fewer jobs. It takes a much more elite athlete to dominate the NBA than it does to be a good NFL player.
I wouldn't say that they are better "pure" athletes. Obviously they are going to be better at what they do, but I think when it comes down to it football is the most physically demanding sport out there (except maybe rugby which i have no experience playing).

And the NFL has the best football players in the world, seeing as we're the only country that plays it worth a damn.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:50 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plus there are/were a couple of Canucks in the league. Also, even though there's only 12-15 spots on an NBA roster, there are so many god dam scrubs it's ridiculous. There's like the equivalent of 6 Chris Simmses on every team. And some of them actually get to see the court just because they're kinda tall.

Although I guess there are NFL scrubs, too, but really just Chris Simms.

Quote:
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:53 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Plus there are/were a couple of Canucks in the league. Also, even though there's only 12-15 spots on an NBA roster, there are so many god dam scrubs it's ridiculous. There's like the equivalent of 6 Chris Simmses on every team. And some of them actually get to see the court just because they're kinda tall.

Although I guess there are NFL scrubs, too, but really just Chris Simms.
There are lots of NFL scrubs, but I agree that the bottom of the talent pool in the NBA is pretty bad...guys with worse fundamentals than ME, and that is saying something.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
well maybe the best athletes are playing football so that only the above average athletes are competing for the NBA? your argument has a lot of holes.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:07 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know the team is sucking really bad when the coach is talking about a player in an entirely different sport. I feel sorry for the Browns fans that have to put up with losing, and then hearing this crap.

Lebron wouldn't do well in the NFL because he hasn't played football in years, and you don't just walk in and dominate at the highest level in any sport. If he worked at it for awhile he may be good at it, but at this point in time it's moot because of how great a basketball player he is. That's his craft, and that's what he's one of the best in the world at. Same thing goes for a guy like Randy Moss. His freakish talent has always been talked up, but he would never go to another sport and dominate at a high level without spending some years learning the craft. These guys don't have time to waste years learning another sport in their prime.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A quote from Randy Moss about LeBron:

“I see his power and his explosion,” Moss said. “It really translates to the football field. Basketball was my first love. I just chose football because I was able to excel at that a little bit quicker than basketball.

“But looking at him and evaluating his skills and things like that, I don’t think it’d be a problem for him to make the transition from basketball to football.

“I believe that he could be a star in this game.”

Moss probably wouldn't be anything special if he had focused on basketball. His physical attributes would be average at best for an NBA player.

Antonie Gates is brought up. A guy who didn't make it big in basketball, but became a pro bowler in the NFL. Name an NFL player that did the opposite. Exactly.

http://readandreact.net/2009/05/26/h...antonio-gates/
Old 11-19-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moss is every bit the size of Dwyane Wade, and a superior athlete. I think the caliber of athlete is higher in the NBA overall, but Moss would be much more than "average at best."
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Well he grew up a Yankees fan I don't see the issue and he's really good friends with Jay Z and players talk to celebrities all the time during the middle of games. I remember Nate Robinson high fived Will Ferrell (I think it was him) while the game was actually in play after scoring.

He jokes about playing in another sports league because someone asked him a question about it and that means he isn't loyal to the Cavs?

I know LeBron takes a lot of hate, especially on this site, but some of it is kind of ridiculous. I'm not saying your points are bad STRIP, but I do think LeBron takes a lot of unnecessary criticism.
LeBron takes a lot of unnecessary criticism? From who? LeBron gets a pass on a lot of what he does because he's "The Chosen One."

The media has been sucking him off since he entered the league. The only criticism he gets is from fans who don't like him.

LeBron doesn't want to talk about New York yet he wears shoes with NY on one and 27 on the other (signifying the Yankees 27th Championship). He should know by now that doing something like that will make people ask about it. If he doesn't want to talk about about New York or free agency next year he shouldn't do stupid **** like that.

The intent of the shoes was probably not to invoke New York comments but it's become such a big story that whatever he does that is in relation to New York or New Jersey will get talked about.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
LeBron takes a lot of unnecessary criticism? From who? LeBron gets a pass on a lot of what he does because he's "The Chosen One."

The media has been sucking him off since he entered the league. The only criticism he gets is from fans who don't like him.

LeBron doesn't want to talk about New York yet he wears shoes with NY on one and 27 on the other (signifying the Yankees 27th Championship). He should know by now that doing something like that will make people ask about it. If he doesn't want to talk about about New York or free agency next year he shouldn't do stupid **** like that.

The intent of the shoes was probably not to invoke New York comments but it's become such a big story that whatever he does that is in relation to New York or New Jersey will get talked about.
Pretty much. As your sig suggests, we have already witnessed.
He asked not to be compared to MJ but wears 23.
He asks not to talk about going to NY then does things to draw attention to it.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 02:54 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I see his power and his explosion, Moss said. It really translates to the football field. Basketball was my first love. I just chose football because I was able to excel at that a little bit quicker than basketball.

But looking at him and evaluating his skills and things like that, I dont think itd be a problem for him to make the transition from basketball to football.

I believe that he could be a star in this game.

Moss probably wouldn't be anything special if he had focused on basketball. His physical attributes would be average at best for an NBA player.

Antonie Gates is brought up. A guy who didn't make it big in basketball, but became a pro bowler in the NFL. Name an NFL player that did the opposite. Exactly.

LOL, how does this at all prove that NBA athletes are better than NFL athletes? There is no doubt Randy is more talented than 99% of the guys in the NBA. Half of the 6-11 240 pound guys that run a 5.0 would never make it in the NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Charlie Ward?
Old 11-19-2009, 04:10 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Charlie Ward played in an All Star game? Maybe in your imagination. He was a role player in the NBA.

Tony Gonzalez in another example. Good basketball player. Best TE ever.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I see his power and his explosion, Moss said. It really translates to the football field. Basketball was my first love. I just chose football because I was able to excel at that a little bit quicker than basketball.

But looking at him and evaluating his skills and things like that, I dont think itd be a problem for him to make the transition from basketball to football.

I believe that he could be a star in this game.

You are crazy.

Moss would have average SIZE for a NBA shooting guard, but as far as athletcisim? Get real.

He would be the fastest man on the court at full speed, not to mention he would be one of the best leapers in the NBA.

NBA players verts are, on average, lesser than NFL player verts. Not to mention NBA verts are generally their running verts. The NFL is standing vert.

Oh, and Moss in shoes is 6'5". Size wouldn't be an issue.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Allen Iverson was a highly talked about football player.

You're grasping at straws anyway, but I still want to hear you defend Randy Moss being an average at best NBA athlete.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, no All-Star games, but he was the starting PG for the Knicks when they were consistently making the playoffs. Hardly just a role player, after winning a Heisman trophy.

Unlike those players you've mentioned, who sucked at one sport, Charlie Ward was really, really good at both.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

I'm going to the UGA fitness center to play basketball. I've played with Fred Gibson a few times when he's in town. He was a two way player. If I ever see him I'm gonna ask him his opinion. I'll be back for this argument later.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:49 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Charlie Ward played in an All Star game? Maybe in your imagination. He was a role player in the NBA.

Tony Gonzalez in another example. Good basketball player. Best TE ever.
Umm.... Gonzalez and Gates are like 6'4", and neither had guard skills. That's the thing with basketball. No matter how much post skill you have if you're below 6'8" you aren't even getting a look.

Football players are every bit the athletes basketball players are. LeBron James is the exception because LeBron James is the best team sport athlete in the world, bar none. But Randy Moss would be an average NBA athlete? Do you even think before you post? He'd be the fastest player in the NBA easily.

Even basketball fans(myself included) will concede that the fastest NFL players are faster than their NBA counterparts. LeBron James has elite NBA speed(ever see him get caught from behind? and roll footage of him catching people from behind easily, too) and he allegedly runs a 4.5 40, which is good NFL speed but far from elite.

NBA players might jump higher, but a funny thing about that. Anyone ever watch the NFL combine? You know how they stand with their feet planted and jump straight up? NBA players get to take a step, and THAT's the number that's recorded and passed through. So you can't compare verticals really. Both of them have their uses in their sports. NFL vertical is used to determine explosion from a stopped position. In the NBA, you're rarely in a stopped position, so they measure running vertical.

And no one's gonna sit here and argue that NBA players are stronger.

Also Allen Iverson played QB in HS but obviously wouldn't have been anything special in the NFL. NBA HOF.

Nate Robinson was a college FB DB, but was better at basketball and is now a pretty good player all things considered.

So your argument clearly doesn't work anymore.

Quote:
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 04:53 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
You know on MNF when they run through the starting lineup of each team and its like "My Name, University," yeah... Dwight Freeney had a Yankees hat on for his and I've seen him wearing a Yankees hat during other segments on him in the past as well. I know he went to Syracuse, but hes not from NYC or state. Its not a big deal at all.
Indianapolis doesn't have a baseball team... and Dwight Freeney is not the home town hero.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:15 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
Indianapolis doesn't have a baseball team... and Dwight Freeney is not the home town hero.
What does this have to do with anything? So because he's a hometown hero by the time he was 18 years old, that means he has to change the team he has been rooting for well before anyone really knew who Lebron James was? There are countless athletes who grow up in one city and cheer for another team, I don't know why that's so hard for people to understand.

If Cleveland never ended up with the 1st pick that year, who Lebron likes to cheer for would of never been an issue, he can't help who he was drafted by and it would be stupid for him to start acting like he should stop rooting for the teams he has liked his entire life.

Quote:
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
What does this have to do with anything? So because he's a hometown hero by the time he was 18 years old, that means he has to change the team he has been rooting for well before anyone really knew who Lebron James was? There are countless athletes who grow up in one city and cheer for another team, I don't know why that's so hard for people to understand.

If Cleveland never ended up with the 1st pick that year, who Lebron likes to cheer for would of never been an issue, he can't help who he was drafted by and it would be stupid for him to start acting like he should stop rooting for the teams he has liked his entire life.
Public perception is something you have to be concerned with when you're in the spot light. He shouldn't be unnecessarily drawing attention to himself if he doesn't want people asking him when/if he's leaving Cleveland.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote