Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

View Poll Results: What team in the NFC East has the best receivers?
Eagles 28 62.22%
Giants 5 11.11%
Redskins 7 15.56%
Cowboys 5 11.11%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy

we'll see how long that lasts for
quincyyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so far it's lasted for 5 weeks. I'm a lot less worried about Steve Smith now than I was 2 weeks ago as Nicks has shown he'll make an impact which will give us enough options at WR to keep Smith from getting shut down. Plus Austin has to show that he can have games like that consistently.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Plus Austin has to show that he can have games like that consistently.
yep Austin only had 171 yards and 2 tds this time...
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA
Old 10-25-2009, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyyyyy View Post
OMGZZ Austinzzz to the Hall, right now!!111!!!!!

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 10-25-2009, 08:39 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
OMGZZ Austinzzz to the Hall, right now!!111!!!!!
You're just jealous
Old 10-25-2009, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You're just jealous
Nope, we're set at WR.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-26-2009, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Against the 26th-ranked pass defense. Championship.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Austin has impressed me, but I want to see him have a big game against someone other than Brandon Carr and Brent Grimes.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:40 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Austin has impressed me, but I want to see him have a big game against someone other than Brandon Carr and Brent Grimes.
You impressed yet? I'm not trying to be funny, just being honest to see how people feel about him now. And people always bring up Brandon Carr, or the Chiefs suck etc etc, like every team has a WR putting up 250 yards against Kc this year. If it was just that easy to beat up those specific corners why is it that Austin had that much of a bigger game then anyone else they faced? 250 yards isn't really an accident, there are plenty of terrible teams in the league this year and none of them are giving up 250 yards to WR's a game.

Now as far as Roy, these last two weeks he's impressed me more, starting to get into the flow of things(finally), granted some bonehead plays are still there but considering alot of Romo's passes have been way off target he's done well statistically most games he has had legit chances to catch enough passes. He can be a #1 WR, but it's obvious he's not a Fitzgerald, Calvin, or Andre, so nobody needs to think he is or will be. I still think he's good enough to be that #1 guy, but he's benefitted alot recently from defenses paying attention to Austin.

Thing is, were just starting to figure out how to use him. Throw him some slants, let him make some DB's miss, it's not that hard. He actually looked very elusive with the ball on alot of those short quick routes, and he showed he can get downfield but that fumble is inexcuseable. Still people will overanalyze every mistake he makes because the microscope is on him as if he's the 1st WR to ever have one drop and fumble in the same game.

DeSean Jackson is clearly the best WR in the division to me. He needs to develop more of a mid range, across the middle game to be a complete WR to me, but he doesn't need to do that to justify him turning into an elite WR. Randy Moss still doesn't do that stuff, but when your great at what you do no point in trying to get him killed.

Steve Smith is much better then people give him credit for, runs excellent routes, can get open on pretty much anyone, catches everything, I figured he would be their new Amani Toomer. I never see him becoming a #1 WR that makes a defense key on him but Welker was NEVER that guy and it didn't stop him from being a very good Wr.

Nicks I really like, he's one of the guys who just was a football player, very natural WR, it was evident early on too. Still need to see his growth so it's hard to label him until we see his full potential, but he has #1 WR skills, excellent hands, but still enough speed to beat a defense deep.

Devin Thomas is someone I wanted the Cowboys to take, he's pretty close to bust status, but while it may be just one play that screen pass he ran last week was exactly the type of things I saw him doing. It was just a quick screen, but he made like 3 guys miss, stopped, picked up speed very nicely, showed some strength, the guys has physically everything you look for in a WR I just don't know if he wants it. No reason he shouldn't be dominating at this point, I still have alot of faith in him, and people should of realized he was very raw coming out of MSU and a late bloomer being that he had to go to JUCO before MSU and still took some time at MSU before exploding. I'm gonna watch out for him next year, don't write him off, because just in that 1 play showed everything that he could be as a WR if he works at it.

Now as far as Austin he has certainly exceeded my expectations, 7 TD's thus far puts him right up there with the Fitzgeralds and Andre Johnsons of the game and nearly leading the league, you can't ignore that no matter how you want to spin it. He's having to adjust his game recently to seeing double coverages for the 1st time ever, so this is when we will really see what he's about. I just think Romo is going to the open man at this point, so he's not about to force the ball to Austin in double coverage, but you can bet that he's having an impact on our offense regardless of what he catches now. Now he's making life easier on RW, Witten, and the entire underneath passing game because he can stretch a defense and you have to key on him, each week the team we face mentions his name about knowing where he is at.

He makes a great compliment to Roy though, and he'll definately be back, but I need to see how he finishes before trying to place him properly. Still, if he reaches double digit TD's that's mighty impressive, and you saw what he looked like as the legit #1 WR with only him and Crayton on the field so you have an idea of his ability. Let's see if he can adjust his game, and still be a threat even with safety help over top each play, he's still learning though and doesn't do the little things alot of times you want your WR to do.

Alot of times he'll run an out, or stop route, and will let the ball come to him instead of attacking it, letting the DB get in and break up the pass. He hasn't conquered making the simple catches yet that aren't huge gains but makes 3rd downs easier. The KC game he could of had 2 more TD's but one was dropped(tough catch but great WR's make those easily) and one knocked out that should never have been. I love the progress, but he's got a long long way to go still, which is good and bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
You impressed yet? I'm not trying to be funny, just being honest to see how people feel about him now.
Why would his opinion change? 5 catches for 69 yards and a touchdown in the past two games. Not exactly setting the world on fire.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:14 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Why would his opinion change? 5 catches for 69 yards and a touchdown in the past two games. Not exactly setting the world on fire.
Who said it was though? He said he wanted to see him do it against someone other then Carr and Grimes, which he has. I don't think I once tried to make it seem like he was setting the world on fire at all, just wanted to see if his opinion had changed since the post. If you think he sucks then that's cool, I'm not trying to turn this into a homer fest if you couldn't tell by my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:52 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

Devin Thomas is someone I wanted the Cowboys to take, he's pretty close to bust status, but while it may be just one play that screen pass he ran last week was exactly the type of things I saw him doing. It was just a quick screen, but he made like 3 guys miss, stopped, picked up speed very nicely, showed some strength, the guys has physically everything you look for in a WR I just don't know if he wants it. No reason he shouldn't be dominating at this point, I still have alot of faith in him, and people should of realized he was very raw coming out of MSU and a late bloomer being that he had to go to JUCO before MSU and still took some time at MSU before exploding. I'm gonna watch out for him next year, don't write him off, because just in that 1 play showed everything that he could be as a WR if he works at it.
Devin Thomas' lack of production in Washington is IMO not so much due to Devin Thomas. He is extremely young and raw and like you said hes still learning the position but I blame most of his issues on a combination of playcalling and qb play. Campbell locks in on Moss or dumps off and only throws the ball to Thomas if the playcall is specifically for Thomas and those playcalls are few and far between but when he gets the ball in his hands he is a playmaker. Hes big, strong, and fast. I think if the Skins can fix the oline this offseason and someday find a qb that sees the field that Thomas still has what it takes to be a stud.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:00 PM    (permalink
BleedBurgundy96
Rookie

BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.

I still think the Eagles have the best WRs but the Giants are creeping up to them. Nicks was a steal in the draft for the Giants. Hes going to be a machine in a couple years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
I think if the Skins can fix the oline this offseason and someday find a qb that sees the field that Thomas still has what it takes to be a stud.
Agreed. I loved when we landed Devin Thomas in the 2nd rd. I think he still has the talent to be a pretty good WR. Malcolm Kelly not so much. I dont think hes that good at all. I cant wait to see Marko Mitchell get more and more playing time later in the season. He has all the tools to one day be a #1 WR imo.

Last edited by BleedBurgundy96 : 11-19-2009 at 11:03 PM.
BleedBurgundy96 is offline   Reply With Quote