Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-04-2007, 09:12 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
Man, to be honest, Bill Belichick is an asshole. Gabriel was the best receiver you had, and it was clear that he had a rapport with Brady. I bleieve the rumors that he fell out of favor with Belichick. I absolutely could not believe when we picked him up off waivers, cause he really is a good receiver. I guess he just didn't fit the mold.......
BB has 3 Super bowl rings so what ever he's doing obviously works and nobody should question his decisions

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:19 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're right the players enjoy winning, and I think the A.T. signing will have a great impact on the future of the Pats defense. But we still don't know what happened with gabriel, and I can only speculate that his release was due to the fact that he didn't fit into Belichick's plans, whatever they may have been. Hopefully Lil Wes Welker will fit the mold.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:23 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
BB has 3 Super bowl rings so what ever he's doing obviously works and nobody should question his decisions
Nobody's debating the fact that he's a good coach. But he IS kind of an asshole and I was GENUINELY surprised when the Pats signed AT. But evidently the aspect of winning outweighs the fact that your coach is a dick. And I say this with no disrespect whatsoever, cause BB gets it done.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:54 AM    (permalink
zoinks
Rookie

zoinks hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Funny you should say this....this also appears to be the fundamental theory behind a number of Belichick's decision.
zoinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:01 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoinks View Post
Funny you should say this....this also appears to be the fundamental theory behind a number of Belichick's decision.
so, you are saying....what?
Old 03-04-2007, 11:12 AM    (permalink
luckyjackaubrey
Veteran

Location: South Jersey via Nantucket thru Presque Isle with future considerations
luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tell me why the " whiter Troy Brown" comment is neccessary ?
luckyjackaubrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:17 AM    (permalink
UK Patriot
Rookie

UK Patriot hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Sick and tired of hearing smack about Belichick. You say he's an asshole and dick, yet give no reason to why you think this! Who is he an asshole too? The Patriots organisation? No. The Patriots players? No. The Patriots fans? No. Fans of other teams? No. Refs? No.

The only people who do not like him are the media, because of his intense secrecy, and unwillingness to discuss locker room matters in front of the camera.

His methods have brought great success as you mentioned, and IMO the only things which upset him are when trusted members of his staff join division rivals. I'm sure i read a quote somewhere, saying he had verbal agreements with Weis and Crennel that he would accept them becoming head coaches, as long as it was outside the AFC East. Mangini obviously didnt do this, which upset him personally, but i would have been as upset myself!

Edit: Just found this video of Belichick coaching the AFC team at the Pro Bowl - What a asshole he seems to be!

http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/...=24293&pcid=84

Last edited by UK Patriot : 03-04-2007 at 01:39 PM.
UK Patriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:59 AM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

damnit..Welkers on his way to meet with officals and when he does..he'll probably get the contract put on the table :(
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:18 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolfan2788 View Post

I never knew DJ Hackett was better than Wes Welker but I guess a guy that drops passes whilst having a SB QB throwing the ball to him and also not being as versatile as Wes who has a perennial loser throwing to him is better....
If you think D.J. Hackett drops passes, you really have never seen him play. He has some of the best hands in the NFL.

Wes is a slot receiver, he's not versatile when it comes to catching the football. He's good after the catch, and he can return punts. D.J. Hackett is big and fast with good hops, great hands, goes over the middle and he's a good deep threat.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
LookItsAlDavis
Veteran

LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5 years 38.5 million................too much money.
LookItsAlDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Ashley View Post
Is that counting the signing bonus!?

WTF is going on in the NFL?

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:48 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Ashley View Post
I thought it was a 7 year deal!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I thought it was a 7 year deal!
it is 7 years 38.5 which is 5.5 per year

poinson pill...he'll probably only see 20 of it
Old 03-04-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
Broncos and Patriots are just on fire
Hows that? I agree with the Denver deal but the Pats paid WAY too much for Wes Welker who is simply a special teams guy along with a possible slot WR. And as much as I like Adalius Thomas, he is 30 years old and they paid 10 mil a year for him. I am never a fan of paying guys that much when they are in their 30s. This just further shows the Pats as one of the NFL's oldest teams.

indyfan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan1985 View Post
Hows that? I agree with the Denver deal but the Pats paid WAY too much for Wes Welker who is simply a special teams guy along with a possible slot WR. And as much as I like Adalius Thomas, he is 30 years old and they paid 10 mil a year for him. I am never a fan of paying guys that much when they are in their 30s. This just further shows the Pats as one of the NFL's oldest teams.
we didnt pay Thomas 10 mill per year

5 years $37.5

thats 7.5 mill per year
Old 03-04-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan1985 View Post
I think you're underrating Welker a bit there, 85. From day one that Patriots are getting one of the league's best #3 receivers, who could potentially become a very good #2 for them as they continue to develop their receiving core from the ground up. Picture Brandon Stokley, except at 26 years old, no durability concerns, and the ability to contribute as a return man on special teams.

That's a pricey contract, don't get me wrong, but the Patriots aren't exactly getting hosed here.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Maybe I am mistaken here... but... when I think of... football coaches... and especially all of the ones I had... I think of assholes and jerks yelling at the top of their lungs. Who gives a crap if Belichick doesn't coddle every player and tuck them in before they go to bed. They have a job to do, and if they don't take it seriously and give 110% to the cause, they are out. Period.

And it's that same cut throat attitude that has turned an organization that was pretty horrible pre-21st Century into the current class act of the NFL and has won the man three Super Bowls since he took over the Pats. It's clearly working, he's not going to change the ENTIRE organizational approaching for Doug ******* Gabriel of all people...
Old 03-04-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

I think the Pats are really ticked about losing to the Colts and probably believe if they didnt go cheap in the previous offeseason they could have won that game.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:55 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

welker is a perfect fit for the pats.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:21 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn they overpaid him and are going to have to give up their second round pick if Miami doesn't match their deal? Wow, bad move.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Damn they overpaid him and are going to have to give up their second round pick if Miami doesn't match their deal? Wow, bad move.
have u not read what i've been saying?

-we didnt offer anything yet. we are meeting with him and sources say we will offer the sheet but nothing yet

-POISON pill. he'll probably see 20 mill and thats it
Old 03-04-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
MNRunLeft
Rookie

MNRunLeft hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

With the kind of money NE offered to Welker I'm suprised they didn't go after Kevin Curtis who is also more of a slot WR. They would have spent more money but would have been able to save the 2nd round pick.
MNRunLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
have u not read what i've been saying?

-we didnt offer anything yet. we are meeting with him and sources say we will offer the sheet but nothing yet

-POISON pill. he'll probably see 20 mill and thats it
Do you know what a poison pill is because you keep throwing it around and it doesn't seem to be in the right context.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I havent seen anything in the reputable press yet for a poison pill where are you seeing it perhaps? love to get a link and read what it is.

Plus I believe the NFL commish has said he will invalidate poison pill contracts after last year. Not that I care I want the 2nd round pick for him
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan79 View Post
I havent seen anything in the reputable press yet for a poison pill where are you seeing it perhaps? love to get a link and read what it is.

Plus I believe the NFL commish has said he will invalidate poison pill contracts after last year. Not that I care I want the 2nd round pick for him

The NFL didn't do anything about "poison pills" in contracts. If there is a poison pill in the contract, the NFL won't do anything about it.