Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 11-21-2009, 06:45 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Titans 2010 Draft/Offseason Thread

Might as well get it started. What's up?
Old 11-22-2009, 12:16 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Julius Peppers.

That is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:56 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Brandon Graham, not because I'm a Michigan fan....well actually thats mostly the reason, but he's pretty good.

Him or Morgan from Georgia Tech.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:13 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
I want Julius Peppers.

That is all.
Alright, Aaron Kampman is much more realistic. I would like Peppers too, but its highly unlikely that we shell out the big bucks for him

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:03 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to re-sign Rod Hood!
Old 11-22-2009, 10:37 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Re-signing Hood should be a top priority in FA, IMO. The Houston game will be the barometer. We saw how Harper needed safety help every play against Houston, and his side still got burned multiple times. If Hood fares better, then he's definitely a keeper. Fenikz said that he didn't think Hood should've been cut, so we possibly got a good player in FA without having to trade or lose comp picks.

Kampman would be awesome, but how many years does he have left? He's a year younger than KVB, so would we get 2 years out of him? Maybe 3? He'd be a great short term option, but I'd still want to get a great DE in the 1st RD.

My favorite is Derrick Morgan from Georgia Tech. The GT DL does a lot of stunting, which the Titans DL does as well.

1. DB Eric Berry - We all love EB.
2. QB Jimmy Clausen - My favorite QB prospect in this class. He's got the talent, plays in a pro-style offense, and has experience.
3. WR Demaryius Thomas - Skip him.
4. DE Derrick Morgan - S-T-U-D! Just watch him work. His pad level is so freaking low. Plays the run extremely well, and gets a great jump off the line and has the speed to get around the OT when rushing the passer.
5. DE Brandon Graham - Another great player, and monster against the run. Relentless motor, and if not for his height, he'd probably be the best DE prospect in the Draft.

Dunno where we're slotted right now to pick, but I think Morgan is worth a Top 15 pick. Clausen is worth the 1st Overall pick. Graham is worth a Top 25 pick.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 01-05-2010 at 05:06 PM.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:45 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Vince is probably playing just well enough for us to not look elsewhere after this season. Especially if he opts for a pay cut.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:52 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Vince is probably playing just well enough for us to not look elsewhere after this season. Especially if he opts for a pay cut.
Very true. But, just to be safe, I'm still looking at the QB's when I can. I love what VY's doing, but he's still got 7 games left. If his play drops and we finish 6-10 or something, then I think it'd be extremely hard to pass on a franchise QB.

I think VY keeps it up though.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:52 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love an impact pass rusher. I'm also holding out hope we can get Dan Williams in the 3rd, but I doubt it.

Quote:
Old 11-23-2009, 12:59 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i just want a good addition to the squad id love an impact MLB tulloch is ok but EASILY upgraded and id like to see us bring in a massive NT
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
I would love an impact pass rusher. I'm also holding out hope we can get Dan Williams in the 3rd, but I doubt it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
i just want a good addition to the squad id love an impact MLB tulloch is ok but EASILY upgraded and id like to see us bring in a massive NT
It depends on who's available in the 3rd RD.

Dan Williams I was hesitant on, but after seeing him blossom in Monte Kiffin's Tampa 2, I have no doubt he could be a great NT in a Cover 2 scheme. The only question is does he have the athleticism and stamina to play on our DL where you gotta run-run-run.

The DT I like is Vince Oghobaase out of Duke. Dude is a mammoth at 6'5, 305 lbs. He's got great athleticism, and can gain more weight. Scott underrates him vastly, but if he drops to the mid-2nd RD, I'd hope they trade up and nab him.

Neither will probably be available in the 3rd RD, and we may be looking at guys like DeMarcus Granger. If that's the case, I'd rather go towards another position like OG (Mitch Petrus, Sergio Render), CB (Javier Arenas), or LB (Roddrick Muckelroy).

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 11-23-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Re-Sign:
TE Alge Crumpler
DE Kyle Vanden Bosch
LB Stephen Tulloch
CB Roderick Hood
CB Vincent Fuller

We like having 3-4 TEs on-roster. Alge is slow & over-the-hill; however, he's still a capable blocker and can make a few catches as well. Plus, he'll be much cheaper to retain than Scaife. I'd rather keep one of them than invest another pick in a TE (Cook's our future TE anyway so Alge's will be a depth guy). I think we can re-sign KVB for relatively cheap -- he overruns a lot of plays but has a high-motor and can still be a solid contributor. Tulloch can be improved; however, if he can be retained for cheap, it might not be worth investing a draft-pick or having to bring a FA in. Hood is a no-brainer re-sign, as is Fuller.

Release:
QB Kerry Collins
TE Bo Scaife
DE Jevon Kearse
DT Tony Brown
LB Keith Bulluck
CB Nick Harper

Bo Scaife, Tony Brown, and Keith Bulluck will all want more money than we'll give them. I think all three are good players and will get picked up relatively quickly upon entering FA. Kearse and Harper are over-the-hill and should be let go. Collins looked pretty bad this season -- constantly over-throwing guys and making some bad decisions for a vet. We'll need to bring in some vet to backup VY.

Draft:
1st Round -- DL (pass-rushing DE or penetrating DT)
3rd Round -- CB (coverage/kick-return CB)
4th Round -- LB (potential LB)
5th Round -- OL (depth OL)
6th Round -- QB (developmental QB)
7th Round -- LB (depth LB)

Obviously, I think our DEF will need some re-tooling. We REALLY need someone who can consistently apply pressure on the QB and open things up for KVB/Hayes on the other side. As far as CB goes, I think Hood's exceeded expectations; however, I'd play it safe and invest another pick in the position (just in case Hood flounders next year). I'd LOVE to get Javier Arenas in the 3rd because he's solid in coverage and is a phenomenal kick/punt returner (though I think he'll go in the 2nd round). We play alot of nickel & dime, so we can never have enough good CBs. We need to continue to infuse some youth/potential into our LB crew. We always draft 1-2 OL in the mid-rounds, and I trust Munchak to find those guys who fit our system. Even though Young looks much improved right now, I really hope we draft a developmental QB in this draft -- someone who could at least develop into a solid backup QB (or potential starter).
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:06 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat View Post
Re-Sign:
TE Alge Crumpler
DE Kyle Vanden Bosch
LB Stephen Tulloch
CB Roderick Hood
CB Vincent Fuller

We like having 3-4 TEs on-roster. Alge is slow & over-the-hill; however, he's still a capable blocker and can make a few catches as well. Plus, he'll be much cheaper to retain than Scaife. I'd rather keep one of them than invest another pick in a TE (Cook's our future TE anyway so Alge's will be a depth guy). I think we can re-sign KVB for relatively cheap -- he overruns a lot of plays but has a high-motor and can still be a solid contributor. Tulloch can be improved; however, if he can be retained for cheap, it might not be worth investing a draft-pick or having to bring a FA in. Hood is a no-brainer re-sign, as is Fuller.
Vincent Fuller was a FA last offseason. We re-signed him, but I forget how long it was. I know it was over one year, so he won't be a Free Agent. If the CBA isn't extended, Tulloch will be a Restricted Free Agent. We have the option of tendering him, and then possibly get picks for him if another team wants him. I agree with everything else, but Crumpler depends on the development of Craig Stevens. We invested a 3rd RD'er on that guy, and he's supposedly a beastly blocker. I agree he'd be great depth, though. Rod Hood is a no-brainer.

Quote:
Release:
QB Kerry Collins
TE Bo Scaife
DE Jevon Kearse
DT Tony Brown
LB Keith Bulluck
CB Nick Harper

Bo Scaife, Tony Brown, and Keith Bulluck will all want more money than we'll give them. I think all three are good players and will get picked up relatively quickly upon entering FA. Kearse and Harper are over-the-hill and should be let go. Collins looked pretty bad this season -- constantly over-throwing guys and making some bad decisions for a vet. We'll need to bring in some vet to backup VY.
I'd like to use the Franchise Tag on Bulluck. Everyone else is expendable. When we drafted SenDerrick Marks, I figured he'd be Brown's replacement when he leaves. Plus, we have Jovan Haye for another year. He's a very good player, though. It'd be hard to see him walk away. Agree with everything aside from Bulluck.

Quote:
Draft:
1st Round -- DL (pass-rushing DE or penetrating DT)
3rd Round -- CB (coverage/kick-return CB)
4th Round -- LB (potential LB)
5th Round -- OL (depth OL)
6th Round -- QB (developmental QB)
7th Round -- LB (depth LB)

Obviously, I think our DEF will need some re-tooling. We REALLY need someone who can consistently apply pressure on the QB and open things up for KVB/Hayes on the other side. As far as CB goes, I think Hood's exceeded expectations; however, I'd play it safe and invest another pick in the position (just in case Hood flounders next year). I'd LOVE to get Javier Arenas in the 3rd because he's solid in coverage and is a phenomenal kick/punt returner (though I think he'll go in the 2nd round). We play alot of nickel & dime, so we can never have enough good CBs. We need to continue to infuse some youth/potential into our LB crew. We always draft 1-2 OL in the mid-rounds, and I trust Munchak to find those guys who fit our system. Even though Young looks much improved right now, I really hope we draft a developmental QB in this draft -- someone who could at least develop into a solid backup QB (or potential starter).
Absolutely agree with a pass-rusher with our 1st RD'er. After that, I think FA and a possible scheme change will decide it. We spent a 3rd RD'er last year on a "Coverage/Return Specialist" when we picked Mouton. He blew it as a returner, but perhaps a training camp and another year of maturity will help him in that area. Plus, he showed flashes as a CB, but he had no business being out there against Manning and Brady. We're blitzing a lot more with Cecil than we did with Schwartz. Tulloch is a capable blitzer, but Bulluck and Thornton aren't. Perhaps an OLB with pass-rushing skills would be a good investment in the 3rd RD? Kevin Mawae and Eugene Amano are set to be FA's. We know Leroy Harris could be the future OC or LG, but who gets the other spot? Will Troy Kropog take over the LG spot? Will Kropog stay as depth and we draft an OL fairly early to start?

I agree with the positions we pick. We'll also have compensatory picks, including at least a 3rd RD'er from losing Haynesworth. So we'll have three picks in the first 3 RD's, which will definitely come in handy.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:37 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Kevin Mawae and Eugene Amano are set to be FA's. We know Leroy Harris could be the future OC or LG, but who gets the other spot? Will Troy Kropog take over the LG spot? Will Kropog stay as depth and we draft an OL fairly early to start?
I somehow completely forgot about both Mawae and Amano as likely departures. I think both are replaceable, as Leroy Harris has looked pretty good in limited time. But they probably will spend 1-2 draft picks on OL this year, assuming that they don't bring in any FAs (which they might do). Munchak is the coach that I trust most to evaluate/develop talent, so I don't really worry about re-tooling our OL.

As far as franchising Bulluck, I'd be all for that. It would allow us to focus our attention to other positions this offseason and address LB next season. However, I don't think it'll happen.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 12:48 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would sell my soul to have suh on the titans :p
Old 12-07-2009, 12:34 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansCJftw View Post
i would sell my soul to have suh on the titans :p
I was just about to say, would anyone on this board be really upset if the Titans pulled a Ditka-Williams type deal for Suh? I wouldn't see a problem trading an entire draft day for this one guy cause I can't honestly recall seeing a college defensive lineman being as disruptive as he has been this season. You plug him into an NT spot and you have your defensive cornerstone for the next decade or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:47 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I'd give up our whole draft and even a few players for Suh, yes.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:51 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

I would give up a first and 3rd to get rid of Harper. I dont think I could give up a whole draft for a player unless it was a once in a lifetime QB though.

Quote:
Old 12-08-2009, 12:18 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey dudes. Who in the Titans org is responsible for personnel decisions? Does Jeff Fisher control that for the most part? I know with the Colts Bill Polian is the guy and Caldwell (and Dungy before him) just focused on coaching and provided input when needed. But I don't know of a similar figure on the Titans staff.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:31 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Hey dudes. Who in the Titans org is responsible for personnel decisions? Does Jeff Fisher control that for the most part? I know with the Colts Bill Polian is the guy and Caldwell (and Dungy before him) just focused on coaching and provided input when needed. But I don't know of a similar figure on the Titans staff.
Mike Reinfeldt.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:52 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I'd trade up for either Suh or Gerald McCoy. Our 1st, 4th, and RFA Tony Brown would be proper ammo to do so too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Mike Reinfeldt.
Yup, it'd probably go Mike Reinfeldt #1 and then Jeff Fisher #2. Reinfeldt is Executive VP and General Manager, and Fisher is Executive VP and Head Coach. They both work together to make decisions, but Reinfeldt has final say since he's in charge of the cap, contracts, etc.

Some assistant coaches have some say as well, such as Mike Munchak. Munch has so much respect within the organization that they allow him to hand pick his OL's in the Draft. When asked about the Troy Kropog pick, Fisher stated that it was a Mike (Munchak) pick.

The coaching staff evaluates players with Reinfeldt, and from there they decide of what they do. Many times throughout the season, Reinfeldt will bring in the occasional FA to workout. Titans fans call it "Updating the files." That way if they need to bring somebody in, they have recent info on guys who are available. In the Draft, they work together to fill out a Draft Board. If the trade up for a player, it's usually on recommendation by the coaching staff. If they trade down, that's usually Reinfeldt - he'll see how many spots he has to move down and compare it to how many players they like that are available. If they have to move down 6 spots and 6 players they want are available, then Reinfeldt will pull the trigger.

Then, there are the huge decisions such as the VY pick and giving Haynesworth a historic contract. In those cases, Bud Adams will get involved. It's common knowledge that VY was Bud Adams's guy in the Draft, and I think as an organization, Fisher, Reinfeldt, and Adams decided they would not give AH that massive contract.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 12-10-2009, 06:22 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

I want a punt returner or kick returner so bad in this draft. If we are picking anywhere in the 17-32 range I would not be upset at all if we took Golden Tate. I know it isnt sexy or likely, but damn our ST suxs.

Quote:
Old 12-31-2009, 02:37 AM    (permalink
brandonswjr

Resign:
Keith Bulluck
BO Scaife
Tony Brown
Rod Hood
Veteran QB

All 4 are great players and we should keep them

Release:
Nick Harper
Jevon Kearse

Harper is horrible and Kearse is gettin' old

Draft Picks:
Maybe a lineman Mawae is getting old maybe Mike Iupati of Idaho he is pretty but might not be able to play center so maybe just get a center or 1 more wide reciever , Golden Tate because washington might not stay so long
Old 12-31-2009, 04:28 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

HOORAY NEW TITANS FAN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonswjr View Post
Resign:
Keith Bulluck
BO Scaife
Tony Brown
Rod Hood
Veteran QB

All 4 are great players and we should keep them

Release:
Nick Harper
Jevon Kearse

Harper is horrible and Kearse is gettin' old

Draft Picks:
Maybe a lineman Mawae is getting old maybe Mike Iupati of Idaho he is pretty but might not be able to play center so maybe just get a center or 1 more wide reciever , Golden Tate because washington might not stay so long
I totally agree with your re-signings. Fortunately, no CBA will make Scaife and Brown RFA's, so we don't have to re-sign them and just tender them instead. Harper and Kearse are FA's, so we don't have to release them.

As for the Draft, Mawae is a FA and Leroy Harris is our future at Center, so it's LG we have to worry about with Eugene Amano a FA as well - so Iupati would definitely work at LG. He would be a reach where we pick, and I think Golden Tate would be too. Personally, I like DE for our pick. Preferrably Derrick Morgan, but there are lots of talented pass-rushers in this crop like Jerry Hughes and Jason Pierre-Loius.

Welcome to the SWDC Brandon! :D

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:14 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Ok, so last year, me and several of ya'll were vocal against a DT in the 1st RD. Haynesworth was headed to Washington, and everyone outside looking in saw replacing AH as the #1 priority. We spoke against it, and sure enough, we pass for Kenny Britt.

I know Voodoo and I drooled over this year's DT class, and that was a big thing in us wanting to pass in favor of picking one this year. But then we took SenDerrick Marks in the 2nd RD, has Jason Jones already, and will likely retain Tony Brown as a RFA.

Well, we're heading back into pre-Draft mode, and I'm seeing a lot of Dan Williams and Brian Price picks. Do some of ya'll think those would be good choices, or do you think a DE, CB, OLB, or RS would be better ones?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.