Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

View Poll Results: Who's the best WR?
DeSean Jackson, Eagles 67 72.04%
Miles Austin, Cowboys 15 16.13%
Steve Smith, Giants 6 6.45%
Santana Moss, Redskins 1 1.08%
Mario Manningham, Giants 3 3.23%
Other 1 1.08%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2009, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Best WR in the NFC East?

The Best DB in the Beast was a good debate, so let's move on to another good one. Who's the best WR in the NFC East? This should provide some fun debate.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went with DeSean, he is one of the biggest gamebreakers in the league. Pure playmaker.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
I went with DeSean, he is one of the biggest gamebreakers in the league. Pure playmaker.
Agreed. The guy is always making big plays. He has probabaly won some games this year on his own using his speed. He is phenominal.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It depends what you're looking for. I'd say right now it's down to Smith and Jackson. Also, Hakeem Nicks should be on this list already. At this time next year I wouldn't be suprise if he was hands down the best. In the end I'll go with Jackson and Smith as a very close 2nd.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
It depends what you're looking for. I'd say right now it's down to Smith and Jackson. Also, Hakeem Nicks should be on this list already. At this time next year I wouldn't be suprise if he was hands down the best. In the end I'll go with Jackson and Smith as a very close 2nd.
Hakeem Nicks isn't even statistically the second-best receiver on his own team, nor is he statistically the top rookie WR in the division. We get it. Giants fans love Nicks. He's not a top-5 WR in the division yet.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:31 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

right now for me its no argument. your kidding yourself if you vote anyone but desean right now.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A part of me died when Nicks went to the Giants. You guys got yourselves a keeper. Could end up being the best WR from last year's draft imo.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Hakeem Nicks isn't even statistically the second-best receiver on his own team, nor is he statistically the top rookie WR in the division. We get it. Giants fans love Nicks. He's not a top-5 WR in the division yet.
Did I say he was the best now? I said at this time next year it wouldn't suprise me if he was the best and there is nothing wrong with him just being placed on the list. Way to just gloss over that fact after I picked Jackson as the best WR right now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-23-2009, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Did I say he was the best now? I said at this time next year it wouldn't suprise me if he was the best and there is nothing wrong with him just being placed on the list. Way to just gloss over that fact after I picked Jackson as the best WR right now.
Quote:
Hakeem Nicks should be on this list already.
Considering I listed five WRs and then said other, yeah, you did say he's a top-5 WR in the division.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

A little surprised this is such a landslide right now, even with Miles Austin's reduced stats as of late.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Considering I listed five WRs and then said other, yeah, you did say he's a top-5 WR in the division.
I'd have Nicks over Manningham.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-23-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We know he isn't yet the best, but he's worthy of a mention because he more consistently makes a bigger impact than Mario already and is a much bigger playmaker than Steve Smith. Considering how little we go to him he really makes a huge impact and I can't wait until the playoffs when he gets some serious and regular PT under his belt and he moves up the ladder. Thus I think it's debateable as to who is more deserving of the mention between him and Mario, who is going through a bad case of the dropsies so far and has made some other dumb mistakes that Nicks just doesn't make.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Soon enough this discussion will be between Jeremy Maclin and Hakeem Nicks who are fantastic young receivers, both with bright futures.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Soon enough this discussion will be between Jeremy Maclin and Hakeem Nicks who are fantastic young receivers, both with bright futures.
Agreed, Jackson and Austin will be mentioned in there as well. Steve Smith will perpetually be overlooked by most fans, but I love him as a player

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My thoughts exactly. Right now it's Jackson without a doubt but in a year or two I can see both Maclin and Nicks being elite/top 10 type wide receivers in the league.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its DeSean Jackson and it isn't even close.

The guy can kill you in so many ways. He's absolutely the best, and probably will be the best for years to come.

For the future, I think Nicks and Maclin will put their names on the list, but neither are ready yet. They will have big impacts next year though. Not ready to put them on this list yet.

I don't understand why so few of us Giants fans give Mario any love. I'm a big Mario supporter. I think he gets a bad rep. He's having a much bigger impact than Nicks thus far this season. Nicks has a bright future, but let's put it in perspective. He's not ready yet.

I always felt Austin was a little overrated. Now that he's seeing #1 CBs and help up top, I expect his numbers to drop significantly. Teams have realized that Roy Williams is a joke and they don't have to pay so much attention to him. So the attention has shifted to Austin, and he hasn't responded well to it yet.

I love Smith, but he's no DeSean Jackson. He's a solid number 2 who gets no love, but he is what he is. He's not a true legit #1 WR.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:49 PM    (permalink
BleedBurgundy96
Rookie

BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Its DeSean Jackson and it isn't even close.
QFT. Its not even close.
BleedBurgundy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeSean "The Beast" Jackson. Why is this even a thread?
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
DeSean "The Beast" Jackson. Why is this even a thread?
Honestly, I thought the voting would be much closer. It wasn't meant to be a "Look how much more awesome my team's WR is than yours" thread, but it looks like it turned out that way.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe he is running away with this, I knew he would win, but where is the Steve Smith and Miles Austin love?
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:13 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I can't believe he is running away with this, I knew he would win, but where is the Steve Smith and Miles Austin love?
Or even Santana Moss, and I'm absolutely baffled that DeSean has every vote...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 02:45 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Austin has been quiet since taking over the number one role for Dallas and Steve Smith is always going to be ranked under playmakers like DeSean, even if he puts up better numbers on a more consistent basis and is more of a third down lock. It's why Giants fans like BBD say Mario is more important than Smith is or Giants fans like me who argue that considering the opportunities presented to the players Nicks has made a greater impact on our passing game.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 11-24-2009, 02:50 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Austin has been quiet since taking over the number one role for Dallas and Steve Smith is always going to be ranked under playmakers like DeSean, even if he puts up better numbers on a more consistent basis and is more of a third down lock. It's why Giants fans like BBD say Mario is more important than Smith is or Giants fans like me who argue that considering the opportunities presented to the players Nicks has made a greater impact on our passing game.
Oh? I wasn't aware the Austin took over the number one role for Dallas. Thanks for that insight. Nice to know facts are being discussed here.

I still don't like Desean in the red zone. Thus I'm still on the fence on who the best is. I think Nicks is more complete. Hard for me to bash Austin when all he does is make plays when targeted. Fact is, his targets have been way down and Roy's have gone way up. Final drive when Dallas needed a TD, it was Austin who made big catches.

Last edited by D-Unit : 11-24-2009 at 02:52 AM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:17 AM    (permalink
BleedBurgundy96
Rookie

BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.

No offense to Cowboy fans out there but im happy Austin doesnt have a vote. When I saw this thread I was thinking there would be like 10 votes for Austin. I just think he was overhyped after 3 insane games vs IMO weak defenses. The last 3 games for the most part he has been shutdown.

Im not knocking the guy. I think he can be one of the best #2 WRs in the NFL in time. I just think the hype he got was way too much.
BleedBurgundy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:23 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Oh? I wasn't aware the Austin took over the number one role for Dallas. Thanks for that insight. Nice to know facts are being discussed here.

I still don't like Desean in the red zone. Thus I'm still on the fence on who the best is. I think Nicks is more complete. Hard for me to bash Austin when all he does is make plays when targeted. Fact is, his targets have been way down and Roy's have gone way up. Final drive when Dallas needed a TD, it was Austin who made big catches.
Does Austin or does he not draw coverages more than any WR on your team? Whether you call him a one or not if defenses are treating him as such he is one.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote: