Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 11-01-2009, 09:59 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't see the game, but from what I heard there were a higher-than-usual amount of dropped passes. Obviously not having Calvin Johnson hurt.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that bryant johnson drop on the first drive about killed me. i saw flashes of hope from a great throw, then he dropped it.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is mind-boggling how good Stafford has looked when he actually has protection and is able to set his feet and step into his throws. The Lions protected him real well in the second half of today's game and he played awesome. Five (or was it six?) dropped passes really suck though.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe Detroit will be forced to use their 1st pick on a LT if one ends up rated where we draft. If Stafford doesn't get more protection and continually gets roughed around like he was today, he won't last 3 years in pro football. He simply must be given more protection.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Geason Noceur
Rookie

Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.Geason Noceur could make a wolverine purr.

The kid took a beating today. He's a tough son of a gun that's for sure.
Geason Noceur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How many passes did he throw against Seattle? Over 50 today. I don't like that at all. That is how you ruin young QBs. 0 INTS was promising, but I'm debating whether or not I think he should sit.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:52 AM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
How many passes did he throw against Seattle? Over 50 today. I don't like that at all. That is how you ruin young QBs. 0 INTS was promising, but I'm debating whether or not I think he should sit.
...and another 50 vs. Minnesota
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's amazing that we would rather have a QB throw 50 times then rely on our running game. It shows how little faith the coaches have on our RBs. Don't be surprised if we go RB in the draft much earlier than anyone will think we should.
Old 11-16-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
It's amazing that we would rather have a QB throw 50 times then rely on our running game. It shows how little faith the coaches have on our RBs. Don't be surprised if we go RB in the draft much earlier than anyone will think we should.
We can't do that we really can't Smith isn't going to be confused with a top 15 NFL Running back any time soon but what we need is linemen. More specifically a LT.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
Smith isn't going to light anyone on fire but I think he is adequate with a better line. A better line with make both him and Stafford look a lot better. They gotta retool that thing. Stafford was throwing 50 times because they were playing from behind the the whole game and getting into situations like 2nd and long, 3rd and long.

With the way Minnesota was blitzing, our best play was the screen. RBs were getting stuffed, Stafford had people in his face... so they needed to throw and get rid of the ball fast. A few times the screen worked but it also resulted in Staff getting steamrolled.

God, I hope he doesn't get David Carr'd.
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
We can't do that we really can't Smith isn't going to be confused with a top 15 NFL Running back any time soon but what we need is linemen. More specifically a LT.
I actually thought Backus looked pretty good against Allen yesterday. Peterman and Cherilus not so much.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:13 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, the right side got dominated.. but they pointed out during the game that we were sliding protection to eliminate Jared Allen.

We will need a new LT though. I guess this is the first year where we benefit from cutting Jeff Backus. I think he'll be gone. We also need a LG and RG.. and a FB and RB too. Siiiiigih...
Old 11-16-2009, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Yeah, the right side got dominated.. but they pointed out during the game that we were sliding protection to eliminate Jared Allen.

We will need a new LT though. I guess this is the first year where we benefit from cutting Jeff Backus. I think he'll be gone. We also need a LG and RG.. and a FB and RB too. Siiiiigih...
Dont forget the defense.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Dont forget the defense.
Agreed.

Suh / McCoy in the first and hopefully Jason Fox in the second. I think that would be the best way to go right now in the draft.
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:40 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a game. I know it was against the hopeless Browns, but the performance put down by Stafford has to be damn exciting and completely epic. I don't care who you play, a 422 yard, 5 TD game bringing your team back from 24-3 to win 38-37 is pretty special. I understand it was mostly just getting the ball to the only elite player on the field (Calvin Johnson) when the DET O was on with the CLE D, but Matt made it happen under ridiculous circumstances.

Awesomeness.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:07 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Yeah, the performance was great. Probably one of, if not, the best I've ever seen from a Lions quarterback.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Anyone have his status for thursday? I'm not watching those turkeys without Stafford out there.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Probably one of, if not, the best I've ever seen from a Lions quarterback.
Yeah, but in your lifetime, there have not been a lot of Lions QBs that have put up impressive performances.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Anyone have his status for thursday? I'm not watching those turkeys without Stafford out there.
He is unlikely to play.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-thanksgiving/

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
He didnt look very good at the end of that game that's for sure. I'll turn it on early in the AM thursday (west coast) and if he isnt playing i'll catch one of the local HS games. I'm not subjecting myself to Culpepper thank you.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your boy Matty Stafford earned (or should have earned) brownie points with every football fan with what he did versus the Browns. He got cut in half and he willed himself back into the game. Downright impressive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:08 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The kid thinks he is bullet proof. I did too at 21. Much love to Stafford. ;o)

He deserves a nickname. Not sure how the rest of you feel but he also needs to drop the proper name and just be Matt.

Do we remember:
Joseph Montana
Steven Young
Thomas Brady
Jonathan Unitas
Daniel Marino
Joey Harrington (whoops)
Heck no!

What are some solid nicknames for Mr. Matt Stafford Detroit??
Old 11-23-2009, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the one-armed gunslinger
dr. stafford
curse breaker
f*** you millen
huey stafford and the good news lions
mr. miracle
m-jesus
hew-jesus
calvin's pitching machine
mr. 0 seconds
extra time

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

optimus prime
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:39 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
The kid thinks he is bullet proof. I did too at 21. Much love to Stafford. ;o)

He deserves a nickname. Not sure how the rest of you feel but he also needs to drop the proper name and just be Matt.

Do we remember:
Joseph Montana
Steven Young
Thomas Brady
Jonathan Unitas
Daniel Marino
Joey Harrington (whoops)
Heck no!

What are some solid nicknames for Mr. Matt Stafford Detroit??
Ugh I remember someone calling a Lions game during the Harrington era saying something similar. Not entirely sure how serious he was, but he said he should go by "Joe" and change his number from 3 to 7 because you want 7 points, not 3.. or something like that.