Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 03-03-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
GSOT
Rookie

GSOT hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Drew Bennett

Just wanted to get your opinion on Drew.
GSOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

He was Ok for us. he's officially a ram now, and he'll prob put up good numbers as a 3 in stl as opposed to a #1 here. we need a wr who is willing to go over the middle and who has better hands to help VYs accuracy.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

let just say i'm not really sad to see him go. But he is a nice dude, will go over the middle and make some good grabs, but doesn't use his size like he should, not really a true redzone threat. Doesn't make good sideline grabs, but he will get open under the safety coverage and get 10 and 15 yards a pop. The ram overpayed him, but he could become a good #2 once Bruce leaves.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bennett's a solid WR; but, like everyone else said, not a #1 WR in the NFL. He could probably fill in as the Rams' #1 WR for a week or two if something happened to Holt, but he lacks the consistency to do it from week to week.

He is a good character guy though and will probably do some work in the community (which is always a good thing).

Considering the contract that the Rams gave him, I'd expect him to be the #2 WR in St. Louis this season--moving Isaac Bruce to the #3 role (which probably suits him better anyway given his age).
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

I was hoping we would pursue bobby wade moreso than bennett anyways.
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Wade back also as our slot receiver.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
I want Wade back also as our slot receiver.
Same here, VY and him were forming a good connection later last season.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Drew can put up good numbers as a number 2 in St. Louis. When teams roll coverage his way, he'll disappear. I don't see that happening much with Holt on the other side. I think Drew can be a solid 50-60 catch/800 yard/5-7 TD guy. The knock every here in TN has had on him is that he doesn't fight for the ball and won't always catch the tough ones. He's a high character guy though, and will be a good teammate.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
PacMan_32

I like bennett just as much as the next guy but he was overpayed....I wish him the best

We need to resign wade.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan_32 View Post
I like bennett just as much as the next guy but he was overpayed....I wish him the best

We need to resign wade.
I'm surprised that they haven't already re-signed Wade. The coaches apparently love the guy, he's versatile, he plays a position of obvious need on the roster, he's relatively cheap, and (most importantly) he seemed to develop a good rapport with VY as the season progressed.

I understand the Titans' desires to hold-out on FA and wait for the dust (and market) to settle a little bit. But I just hope that such a strategy doesn't blow up in their faces...
Old 03-04-2007, 10:32 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bennett was a good but not great WR. Possession type guy, that never had plenty of speed, or strength to become a true number one. Was a really good guy though and would bring the team together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
Bennett was a good but not great WR. Possession type guy, that never had plenty of speed, or strength to become a true number one. Was a really good guy though and would bring the team together.
It was funny reading ESPN.com's description of Drew Bennett (I can't remember if it was in their free-agent article or their article about Bennett signing with the Rams).

Anyway, they said that Bennett was a great redzone option with sneaky speed and great hands. My question was: Did anyone from ESPN ever watch ANY Titans' games???

In reality, Bennett (for as tall as he is) isn't all that impressive in the redzone, he has average speed, and he drops a lot of passes as well (especially tough catches).

So...basically...ESPN was completely wrong in their assessment of Bennett.

No offense to Bennett. He's a high-character guy who can be a solid receiving options in the right circumstances. I just thought it was funny how incorrect ESPN was (as usual).
Old 03-04-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"great hands" ------ HA!

I have been watching a lot of Titans games recently and you are exactly right about Bennett, he really doesnt catch the ball well at all, and it seems that he is getting worse each year about drops. I am glad the Titans allowed him to leave.

So, which WR do they target in Round 1 or 2?
- Atlanta Falcons GM
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote