Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

View Poll Results: Who's the best WR?
DeSean Jackson, Eagles 67 72.04%
Miles Austin, Cowboys 15 16.13%
Steve Smith, Giants 6 6.45%
Santana Moss, Redskins 1 1.08%
Mario Manningham, Giants 3 3.23%
Other 1 1.08%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2009, 03:32 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whoever put Steve Smith, you need to speak up now.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
Whoever put Steve Smith, you need to speak up now.
No one put Steve Smith. Rufus McDaniel picked Mario Manningham.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
My thoughts exactly. Right now it's Jackson without a doubt but in a year or two I can see both Maclin and Nicks being elite/top 10 type wide receivers in the league.
I don't mean to sound like a homer, but I think DeSean Jackson will be in that group, if he's not already.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Does Austin or does he not draw coverages more than any WR on your team? Whether you call him a one or not if defenses are treating him as such he is one.
So teams don't determine who their #1 receivers are anymore. Opposing defenses do. Ok. So each week depending on who the defense wants to defend more, that guy is the #1 receiver. Forget who the team thinks is their #1 receiver... that's hogwash. K gotcha. Nevermind that a guy gets paid like a #1, gets targeted like a #1 and is the first read.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I don't mean to sound like a homer, but I think DeSean Jackson will be in that group, if he's not already.
You mean you don't want to sound like a homer even if you think like one. K.

The whole basis of this conversation is messed up.

There are different kinds of receivers. Ones that are better running X routes, ones that are better running Z routes and ones that are better running Y routes. Desean is a better Y receiver than Fitzgerald ever will be. Does that mean he's a better receiver? No. Fitz can do things that Desean can't at the X spot. Who's who in the top 10 blah blah blah... it's all hogwash. You're practically comparing apples to oranges.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
So teams don't determine who their #1 receivers are anymore. Opposing defenses do. Ok. So each week depending on who the defense wants to defend more, that guy is the #1 receiver. Forget who the team thinks is their #1 receiver... that's hogwash. K gotcha. Nevermind that a guy gets paid like a #1, gets targeted like a #1 and is the first read.
Salary means absolutely nothing when saying a WR is a #1. Your FO screwed up on the Williams deal. Also, Miles Austin has more targets than Roy Williams.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I must have taken some drugs last night or something. Cause I could have sworn I saw 1 vote for Steve Smith. I was honestly torn between Miles Austin and Desean Jackson. Austin makes plays when it matters, which is ok, and Jackson has that big play ability. I voted Jackson.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Salary means absolutely nothing when saying a WR is a #1. Your FO screwed up on the Williams deal. Also, Miles Austin has more targets than Roy Williams.
False. At the very least it means the team is going to give that guy the #1 role, and Roy hasn't been demoted yet. Austin may have more targets in the last 3 games combined, but that's slightly misleading as he had less in the Philly win, more in the GB loss and more in the WAS win, but most of it came on the final drive and isn't a true reflection on the whole game.

I must have missed the announcement because everyone seems to think Miles Austin is now Dallas' #1 receiver. Trust me... a lot of Dallas fans wish that were true.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
So are you saying that Bernard Berrian is the best WR on the Vikings?

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
False. At the very least it means the team is going to give that guy the #1 role, and Roy hasn't been demoted yet. Austin may have more targets in the last 3 games combined, but that's slightly misleading as he had less in the Philly win, more in the GB loss and more in the WAS win, but most of it came on the final drive and isn't a true reflection on the whole game.

I must have missed the announcement because everyone seems to think Miles Austin is now Dallas' #1 receiver. Trust me... a lot of Dallas fans wish that were true.
I understand what you're saying. I thought you meant #1 WR as in best WR not as you're #1 guy in the playbook. I need to read a little better sometimes.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-24-2009, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jackson is the best but he still needs more polishing. His big play ability is amazing, but sometimes I wonder how long he can go making these 50+ TDs. No one in the NFL has ever been able to keep that up more than a few years.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 11-24-2009 at 03:11 PM.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
So are you saying that Bernard Berrian is the best WR on the Vikings?
Bernard Berrian is a mistake. That's all I know.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
the dude
Rookie

the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually like Steve Smith better than Jackson. Smith might never be a true #1, but im not sure jackson will either. Dont get me wrong, I absolutely love jacksons playmaking abilities, but smith is more well-rounded and their production is the same in terms of tds and yards

*leans back and waits to get flamed*
Old 11-24-2009, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dude View Post
I actually like Steve Smith better than Jackson. Smith might never be a true #1, but im not sure jackson will either. Dont get me wrong, I absolutely love jacksons playmaking abilities, but smith is more well-rounded and their production is the same in terms of tds and yards

*leans back and waits to get flamed*
Agreed. Smith will be a player in this league longer then Jackson because of his route running skills, and he's just a more of a polished WR.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Like I said in my original post it depends on what you're looking for. Smith gets ignored because he's so consistent. He's there when you need him to make a play. He doesn't have the big play ability but that's not what we need from him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-24-2009, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Like I said in my original post it depends on what you're looking for. Smith gets ignored because he's so consistent. He's there when you need him to make a play. He doesn't have the big play ability but that's not what we need from him.
He has more big play ability than I originally thought though. He gets behind the defense a decent amount.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I'd take Santana Moss over Steve Smith if we're talking today. Moss can do everything that Smith does, but can also go deep better. Poor guy just doesn't have a QB.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
He's probably the best slot receiver in the division.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
He's probably the best slot receiver in the division.
He can play every WR position. That's part of what makes him such a good player. I was wrong about Steve Smith, and I'm glad I was.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
BleedBurgundy96
Rookie

BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I'd take Santana Moss over Steve Smith if we're talking today. Moss can do everything that Smith does, but can also go deep better. Poor guy just doesn't have a QB.
Or a Offensive Line.

He isnt in the poll but in a year or two Hakeem Nicks will be the best WR in the NFC East.
BleedBurgundy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
He can play every WR position. That's part of what makes him such a good player. I was wrong about Steve Smith, and I'm glad I was.
Patrick Crayton can play every WR position. Doesn't mean he's all that.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Patrick Crayton can play every WR position. Doesn't mean he's all that.
Of course not. Smith can play every WR positions and play it very well. He's not just a slot receiver. He's hardly played the slot at all this year. Basically only when Nicks gets on the field.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Come on Sniper. You know deep down you wanted to choose Manningham. Sure Jackson is better, but he didn't play at Michigan!
Old 11-24-2009, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy96 View Post
Or a Offensive Line.

He isnt in the poll but in a year or two Hakeem Nicks will be the best WR in the NFC East.
Jeremy Maclin and DeSean Jackson disagree, Jackson is a fantastic deep threat and is probably the best in the NFL but he is still developing his overall game and Jeremy Maclin is getting better by the game and he is becoming a trusted target for McNabb. Nicks is good, but it will not be clear cut like you think.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Agreed. Smith will be a player in this league longer then Jackson because of his route running skills, and he's just a more of a polished WR.
DeSean Jackson is a great route runner as well. Sure he has great speed but so does Ted Ginn, Troy Williamson, DHB, etc. If you can't run routes and catch the ball, you're not gonna do much in the NFL. He can and does run all the routes. People look at the TDs he has and assume all he does is run go routes or something. He gets catches all over the field and will continue to, even when he starts to lose his speed, which won't be for a long time anyway.