Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Don't ya wish you could just turn off injuries like in Madden? I can't wait to see all of our LB's once they are healthy. Bradley and Witherspoon will be great together.
Jizz in my pants...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Vick!

And Macho Harris!

VT repping.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagles extended Winston Justice's contract

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/bloghead/

Quote:
The Eagles have signed right tackle Winston Justice to a four-year contract extension through 2013. Justice's rookie contract was due to expire at season's end.

Justice grabbed hold of a starting spot on the offensive line in 2009 with a strong off-season and training camp, and he has started all 10 games at right tackle for the Eagles this season.

Justice has credited staying in Philadelphia during the off-season to work closely with offensive line coach Juan Castillo as one of the biggest reasons for his improvement, and it appears he'll be staying in Philadelphia for the foreseeable future.

Drafted in the second round of the 2006 NFL Draft (39th overall) out of Southern California, the 6-foot-6, 320-pound Justice spent the majority of his first three seasons plying his trade behind long-time stalwarts Tra Thomas and Jon Runyan.

Justice will be made available to the media at 2 PM.
Thoughts? He has really impressed me this year so I like the move. Gives us a good solid RT for the next 4+ years. What does this say about Shawn Andrews?
Old 11-24-2009, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's been much, much better than I anticipated. Nothing exceptional, but definitely solid. I really liked his block to spring Mike Vick against the Bears. Who would have ever thought we'd see this day? Good for you, Winston.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I told you guys not to give up on Winston Justice... The team didn't either and it is paying off. He can improve yet, but that will come with more playing time. I'm glad my view on him is beginning to be proven, and glad he is being rewarded for his play. Hopefully he continues his improvement and continues to help the team.

Old 11-24-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This means this is the end of one of the Andrews brothers, I don't know who though. Shawn Andrews might be moved back inside to RG or they might cut ties with Shawn and keep Stacy despite his play quality. One of them is gone.

http://www.igglesblog.com/iggles_blo...ers-deals.html

Shawn Andrews:

Quote:
Shawn, the bulk of the value of the contract extension that he signed in 2005was paid in a pair of $5 million bonuses that year and in 2006. He also got a large base salary in 2008 as a result of a performance escalator in his contract that was triggered by his Pro Bowl seasons in 2006 and 2007. From a cap perspective, though, all but $1 million of those bonuses have already been amortized, with the last proration hitting the potentially non-existent cap in 2010.

Stacy Andrews:

Quote:
Stacy's contract was reported to be a staggering (for a guy coming off of knee surgery who as it turned out was going to be moved to guard) 6 years and $38.7 million. But the Eagles didn't put in much guaranteed money. In fact, "all" they are on the hook for during 2009 is $1.62 million of base salary, a $3 million roster bonus, and a $500K workout bonus, for a total of $5.12 million. They also put in a $31,250 per game appeared in roster bonus, for a potential additional total of $500K. The remaining 5 years of the deal are worth about $32.9 million. If the Eagles decide to move in another direction, they are off the hook for that money in its entirety.
One of them is gone, and I'm pleasantly surprised with Winston Justice, he struggled a little bit at first but now that he has his feet under him he is doing a very nice job and he completely shut down Brian Orakpo, Justin Tuck, Anthony Spencer, Shaun Phillips and Adewale Ogunleye in 5 consecutive weeks, he is doing a nice job out there. If you keep an eye on him, he is doing a fantastic job getting to the second level which the Eagles have lacked at RT due to Jon Runyan's age and he allows the Eagles to be much more creative in the run game because of his athleticism. Also if you pay really close attention to the line, you'll see Winston Justice throwing his weight around in the pile, he seems to be more agressive as of late. He is not a world beater RT and lacks the power of a typical RT but he is more athletic and he definitely has potential, the entire issue with him was all confidence. He could definitely improve in the run game because so far this season when the Eagles run on the right side of the line they average 3.94 yards a carry and when they run outside the tackle the Eagles average 3.55 yards a carry. I think those numbers could improve just with an upgrade at RG (I really want Mike Iupati), a blocking TE (Colin Peek please) and when and if LeSean McCoy learns to take what the defense gives him and just run straight. He has straightened things out and plays the RT spot fairly well, he showed the commitment to improve his game and he deserves the contract extension. Plus he has been the most consistent lineman this season playing every game next to a rotation of right guards (Stacy Andrews, Nick Cole and MJG).
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:08 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

I still loves me some Shawn Andrews

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp_eagles View Post
I still loves me some Shawn Andrews
I don't... he is a whiney player who doesn't like football and only plays for the money, plus he is injured all the time. He should go sing somewhere because that is his dream, go out there and 'Get your Michael Phelps on' or whatever the hell that song is called. He deserves to be run out of town he is a mentally weak, injury prone, whiney player who serves no purpose aside from eating up cap space.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
21.Sean Weatherspoon, OLB, Missou
Value was way too good to pass up here. Also fills a need as Witherspoon isn't young and Gocong is set to become a free agent.

53. Jason Fox, OT, Miami
Eagles don't really have any big needs, but with Shawn Andrews health a big question mark I went with the top OT on the board in Fox. He's had a great year so far in Miami and is a good fit in Philly.

74. Noel Devine, RB, WVU
With the Eagles declining the option on Westbrook's contract it appears his days as an Eagle are limited. Westbrook has been plagued by injuries and at 31 he isn't getting any younger. The Eagles bring in Devine who will play a role similar to Darren Sproles of the Chargers. Devine will take some carries off of Shady's hands and will also return kicks/punts. Just another explosive weapon on the Eagles offense.

85. Lindsey Witten, DE, UConn
Juqua Parker is 32 and Victor Abiamiri can't seem to stay healthy so I opted for the best DE on the board. Witten has proved he can get to the quarterback and will look great lined up opposite Trent Cole.

Stacy Andrews, RG
5th round pick
for
Charles Tillman, CB

Contracts are equal, but with Ellis Hobbs due to become a free agent I brought in Tillman as a replacement. Andrews was 2nd on the depth chart behind MJG.
Now what do you think of this trade? We all saw how useful Tillman can be at causing turnovers on Sunday.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:19 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only way Im letting Shawn Andrews go is for a trade. Maybe a pick, or a player, doesnt matter to me. I love our left side of our offensive line and our right side hasnt been playing that bad.

Stacy Andrews is good depth, but thats about it. I'm going to give him until next season, when his injury is fully healed, to start calling him a waste. He got absolutely abused by Jay Ratliff though.

Nick Cole and Max Jean Gilles are both solid and could start on most teams. They do a solid job whenever we need them.

I want to see a little more of King Dunlap though. Hopefully I dont, because that would mean Jason Peters is hurt, but Im interested in his development.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:09 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
The only way Im letting Shawn Andrews go is for a trade. Maybe a pick, or a player, doesnt matter to me. I love our left side of our offensive line and our right side hasnt been playing that bad.

Stacy Andrews is good depth, but thats about it. I'm going to give him until next season, when his injury is fully healed, to start calling him a waste. He got absolutely abused by Jay Ratliff though.

Nick Cole and Max Jean Gilles are both solid and could start on most teams. They do a solid job whenever we need them.

I want to see a little more of King Dunlap though. Hopefully I dont, because that would mean Jason Peters is hurt, but Im interested in his development.
Jay Ratliff is a great player, and as a nose, most of the time he would be Jamaal Jackson's reponsibility... at least a share of Ratliff's success can be blamed on Jackson as well.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Happy Birthday Donovan McNabb!
Old 11-25-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Jay Ratliff is a great player, and as a nose, most of the time he would be Jamaal Jackson's reponsibility... at least a share of Ratliff's success can be blamed on Jackson as well.
I remember Jay lining head up on Stacy though.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
I remember Jay lining head up on Stacy though.
On some plays, yes, but a 3-4 NT is usually lined up head up or shaded from the center. Because of Ratliff's skill set it is sometimes best suited for him to be on the guard, but even then he would most likely be shaded on the inside shoulder of the guard. I don't remember any specific play where this happened, (I'm sure it did though), but because of Ratliff's position and responsibility in the Defense he is usually the Center's responsibility.

Old 11-25-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

No, he was on Stacy Andrews and just raped him. I know what play he was talking about and Jamaal Jackson wasn't even involved which could be the problem but regardless, Stacy Andrews got destroyed.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
No, he was on Stacy Andrews and just raped him. I know what play he was talking about and Jamaal Jackson wasn't even involved which could be the problem but regardless, Stacy Andrews got destroyed.
It was complete domination Stacy Lunged forward and Jason swan right over him.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 12:33 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

That was one play, and I don't remember it, but I'm sure it went as you guys say. I was referring to how he typically would line up... on that play it seems like responsibility is on Stacey, however, throughout the game, responsibility should be shared between all our interior O-linemen. That's all I'm saying.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:55 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats the feeling on chris gocong? You guys think he's going to be retained or will they let him walk?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Whats the feeling on chris gocong? You guys think he's going to be retained or will they let him walk?
They probably would have re-signed him by now. The Eagles usually sign their young guys to extensions early in their current contracts. Green Bay would actually be a good spot for him. He's better suited for a 3-4.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:12 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
They probably would have re-signed him by now. The Eagles usually sign their young guys to extensions early in their current contracts. Green Bay would actually be a good spot for him. He's better suited for a 3-4.
With the current salary cap issue going on I don't think many have been re-signed yet though. I know the Packers sure haven't because of this reason, and I seem to notice it around the league.

He really would be Nice for the Packers, I've been hoping he makes it to free agency.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 03:37 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the **** Andy, what do you not understand about calling a balanced game and running the ball?
Old 11-29-2009, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

A win is a win.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

The Eagles dodged a bullet on that one, phew!
Old 11-29-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

DeSean Jackson has a concussion and a neck injury. My guess is he will probably miss next week, its Downtown Reggie Brown time now lol :(
Old 11-29-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
DeSean Jackson has a concussion and a neck injury. My guess is he will probably miss next week, its Downtown Reggie Brown time now lol :(
Luckily, the Falcons' secondary is garbage.