Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

View Poll Results: Who's the best WR?
DeSean Jackson, Eagles 67 72.04%
Miles Austin, Cowboys 15 16.13%
Steve Smith, Giants 6 6.45%
Santana Moss, Redskins 1 1.08%
Mario Manningham, Giants 3 3.23%
Other 1 1.08%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2009, 04:58 PM    (permalink
BleedBurgundy96
Rookie

BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Jeremy Maclin and DeSean Jackson disagree, Jackson is a fantastic deep threat and is probably the best in the NFL but he is still developing his overall game and Jeremy Maclin is getting better by the game and he is becoming a trusted target for McNabb. Nicks is good, but it will not be clear cut like you think.
You could be right. Im just really high on Hakeem Nicks.
BleedBurgundy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't lie. I've never been high on Hakeem Nicks. Never. When I watched UNC play, the WR I fell in love with was Brandon Tate. Scouts drooled over Nicks, but I never bought into it. His success this year kind of proves that the scouts were right about him though and I won't deny that. But I can't say I ever was on his bandwagon.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To me a number one receiver isn't the guy your O targets the most or the guy who gets the most production for you, it's the guy who changes coverage schemes and creates space for the other receivers. Some teams don't have a real number 1 but IMO that's how to identify a true number one receiver and for Dallas Austin is showing he's a guy who makes defenses shift towards him and thus a true number.

As for Nicks I love what he brings, he's got great hands, runs very smooth routes and is a play maker, he'll go up and get the ball deep or he'll take a screen and rack up major YAC. He's got deceptive speed and elusiveness with great strength and physicality to run through secondaries. It's only a question of developing chemistry with Eli and moving up the WR ladder into a starting spot, both of which are matters of time unless his career gets de-railed.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
To me a number one receiver isn't the guy your O targets the most or the guy who gets the most production for you, it's the guy who changes coverage schemes and creates space for the other receivers. Some teams don't have a real number 1 but IMO that's how to identify a true number one receiver and for Dallas Austin is showing he's a guy who makes defenses shift towards him and thus a true number.

As for Nicks I love what he brings, he's got great hands, runs very smooth routes and is a play maker, he'll go up and get the ball deep or he'll take a screen and rack up major YAC. He's got deceptive speed and elusiveness with great strength and physicality to run through secondaries. It's only a question of developing chemistry with Eli and moving up the WR ladder into a starting spot, both of which are matters of time unless his career gets de-railed.
So who is the Giants' #1 receiver?
Old 11-24-2009, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
We don't have one yet, although I guess Mario is the closest to one right now.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 11-24-2009, 07:02 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously Desean is by far the best right now but I'm concerned that some things could really hurt his game as he goes along in his career and takes more hits. I'd really like to see him add some weight to his frame and maintain that devastating speed of his. I just voted for Manningham because he was my favorite sleeper WR of that draft and was pretty upset when NY got him. He is starting to show his potential from his beast days at Michigan, if it wasn't for his bad perception and 40 time at the combine he would have went much higher, the giants were smart enough to take a chance on him and it it paying off. The eagles and giants are set at WR for a while. This division is full of young wr's with great potential. It will be fun to see Nicks, Maclin, Thomas, Kelly and Austin develop over the next couple of years.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Last edited by 703SKINS202 : 11-24-2009 at 07:04 PM.
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:11 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
well according to some defenses it was Steve Smith, others Mario Mannigham. Defensive schemes try to take away different recievers; in our case it was who was hot in previous games.

Maclin isn't the playmaker i thought he'd be, i thought id be crazy with two shifty playmaking wideouts. Given Maclin doesn't look as fast because his strides, he just doesn't seem to have the same burst, but is a good reciever either way. What's happening?

Nicks is seeming more and more like Dwayne Bowe to me as i watch him, body type-wise, and game-wise. He's a guy that causes mismatches, but doesn't have the height or speed to be a true #1. Which is fine because 3 #2's with the varied skillsets they have can work.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^^
That's dumb... "DeSean's by far the best right now" and you don't vote DeSean? Okay... So you voted Manningham because you were pissed the Redskins didn't get him? So you didn't vote for the best receiver in the division even though that is what the poll calls for?

There is no way in hell Manningham should even have any votes right now, he can't catch the ball consistently and he is being out produced by DeSean Jackson, Miles Austin and Steve Smith. He isn't even the best deep threat which is what he does best, that title belongs to DeSean Jackson.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:29 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
^^^
That's dumb... "DeSean's by far the best right now" and you don't vote DeSean? Okay... So you voted Manningham because you were pissed the Redskins didn't get him? So you didn't vote for the best receiver in the division even though that is what the poll calls for?

There is no way in hell Manningham should even have any votes right now, he can't catch the ball consistently and he is being out produced by DeSean Jackson, Miles Austin and Steve Smith. He isn't even the best deep threat which is what he does best, that title belongs to DeSean Jackson.
Dude chill out it's a freaking poll. I never said I was pissed the Giants got him and that's not at all why I voted for him. I voted for Mario because I think he will end up being the most productive WR on a consistent basis out of these 5 in 2-3 years. Everyone knows that DJAX is unstoppable right now, you can calm down now.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
Maclin isn't the playmaker i thought he'd be, i thought id be crazy with two shifty playmaking wideouts. Given Maclin doesn't look as fast because his strides, he just doesn't seem to have the same burst, but is a good reciever either way. What's happening?
I'll admit that Maclin is not as fast as I thought he was. I thought the 4.4 was a fluke but that seems about right for him now. He is still pretty fast though and has proven to be a deep threat. The thing that has impressed me about him though is he is pretty physical and is an excellent blocker. He isn't quite the playmaker I thought he'd be like you said, but I actually am happy that he has proven to be an all-around receiver because DeSean is the playmaker, so they complement each other really well. He reminds me a lot of Tory Holt. I'm not saying he's as good or will have a similar career as Holt, but their playing styles are pretty comparable.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I'll admit that Maclin is not as fast as I thought he was. I thought the 4.4 was a fluke but that seems about right for him now. He is still pretty fast though and has proven to be a deep threat. The thing that has impressed me about him though is he is pretty physical and is an excellent blocker. He isn't quite the playmaker I thought he'd be like you said, but I actually am happy that he has proven to be an all-around receiver because DeSean is the playmaker, so they complement each other really well. He reminds me a lot of Tory Holt. I'm not saying he's as good or will have a similar career as Holt, but their playing styles are pretty comparable.
there we go thats what i was looking for "all around reciever" im feeling that vibe from him. Im not sure Holt is the comparison I'd give, but im thinking he develops into a Chad Johnson (play not talk) type of guy.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-24-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
BleedBurgundy96
Rookie

BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
Nicks is seeming more and more like Dwayne Bowe to me as i watch him, body type-wise, and game-wise. He's a guy that causes mismatches, but doesn't have the height or speed to be a true #1. Which is fine because 3 #2's with the varied skillsets they have can work.
I disagree that Nicks cant be a #1 WR. He has already shown he can make big plays. In time he will get better and better. His future is really bright imo.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy96 View Post
I disagree that Nicks cant be a #1 WR. He has already shown he can make big plays. In time he will get better and better. His future is really bright imo.
I think Nicks is going to be a Number one, he's got a great mix of that consistency that'll make him a go-to guy on third downs and against blitzes with his hands, strength and routes while also having playmaking skills as he can be a good deep option with his deceptive speed and how he goes up for the ball as well as when he has the ball in space.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-24-2009, 09:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I think Nicks is going to be a Number one, he's got a great mix of that consistency that'll make him a go-to guy on third downs and against blitzes with his hands, strength and routes while also having playmaking skills as he can be a good deep option with his deceptive speed and how he goes up for the ball as well as when he has the ball in space.
You really love to use the words "deceptive speed" don't you? LOL. That's a deceptive adjective to avoid admitting his weakness. ;)

Last edited by D-Unit : 11-24-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:05 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
All-Pro

Quote:
You really love to use the words "deceptive speed" don't you? LOL. That's a deceptive adjective to avoid admitting his weakness. ;)
i wouldnt call Nicks's speed a weakness, its not a plus like Desean's is, he has a shake to him, he finds ways to get to the ball whether it be his physicality, his "deceptive speed", a catch in traffic with his large hands. How he holds the ball with one hand on occasion is a problem waiting to happen though.

The reason why i cant say i believe he'll be a #1 is that i dont think that if he gets double covered or paid alot of attention to that he can make an impact on the game. True #1's find a way to make an impact when the defense is taking them away. He however can be a #1 if you think thats just him on the other team's #1 corner. My example would be Nnamdi Asmougha who got burnt by Nicks down the sideline, and he was out by a foot.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-25-2009, 10:47 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ummm of course Miles Austin's stats have slowed down, he has 7 freakin' TD's already, did you guys expect him to break double digit TD's before Thanksgiving? Of course he's going to have some average games as well as huge games, let's just not write the guy off yet like he can only be an average #2 WR, the whole entire Dallas offense has been in a funk lately not just him.

Still who do you guys think KC was double teaming that entire game? It sure as hell wasn't Patrick Crayton. Yea I know it was the Chiefs, but let me know when they let another WR go for 200 yards this season(they do face Vincent Jackson twice a year so this shouldn't be all that hard), let alone 250.

The guy was on a tear, he was going to come back to earth eventually, but his TD totals are still up there with the league leaders at this point.

Yes DeSean is clearly the best WR in the division and I've stated that over and over, but Austin is more then just a flash in the pan that racked up stats vs cupcake teams. Let's give him a little more credit then that now. He's still likely to finish with 10+ TD's this year and his YPC is pretty ridiculous for a guy targeted as much as he is, and hell he's just finally started breaking out so you can expect some growing pains. He's not an Andre Johnson who has gone down this route before many years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Honestly, I thought the voting would be much closer. It wasn't meant to be a "Look how much more awesome my team's WR is than yours" thread, but it looks like it turned out that way.
I wish the 2008 forum threads from the draft board were still around. I hadn't been on the nuts of a prospect like I was on D-Jackson in awhile.
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
I wish the 2008 forum threads from the draft board were still around. I hadn't been on the nuts of a prospect like I was on D-Jackson in awhile.
Ha, I was at the opposite end of the spectrum. That crow sure is delicious. To be fair to myself, I was adamant about not wanting him in the first round, but didn't say anything after that. That's probably because I didn't think he'd last until the second, though. :D
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't dead set against him, but like Sniper said I didn't want him in the 1st round. I wanted Devin Thomas, James Hardy, and Limas Sweed ahead of him. I was pretty happy we got him in the 2nd though, because I thought at the very least he'd be a damn good punt returner.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Page 1 of the 2008 Dallas Cowboys Draft thread.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...highlight=2008

Quote:
I'm bound to have a million of these, but it's always fun to start...

Round 1a: WR Desean Jackson - I don't usually favor WRs in round 1, but this guy is special and provides excellent returning skills as well.

Round 1b: CB Antoine Cason - The need is self explanatory. Of all the CB prospects, I like him best.

Round 2: DE Kendall Langford, Hampton - Small school sleeper, bound to rise up draft boards. Somewhere between 6'5" and 6'6", 290-295 pounds of animal. Highly productive and high motor. High motor from the DE position is a key trait in the Phillips 3-4.

Round 3: DT Red Bryant - I also like BJ Raji, but I'm unsure how his academic problem will affect his stock.

Round 4: RB Ray Rice - I love his compact size, low center of gravity, excellent balance and thunder thighs.
Shame on you Desean Jackson haters. LOL. jk.

But even though I wanted him, I knew his limitations he had due to his size. I wanted him because at the time we just lost Terry Glenn and needed a deep threat and kick returner.

Last edited by D-Unit : 11-25-2009 at 01:13 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Ha, I was at the opposite end of the spectrum. That crow sure is delicious. To be fair to myself, I was adamant about not wanting him in the first round, but didn't say anything after that. That's probably because I didn't think he'd last until the second, though. :D
Dude, when he slipped to the second round I was DYING for the Saints to draft him. Even though we had just spent a first rounder on a WR the year before -- he was THAT good to me. Granted, we chose Tracy Porter instead who was a bigger need and when healthy has shown to be a great young corner so it all worked out.
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
BleedBurgundy96
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Ummm of course Miles Austin's stats have slowed down, he has 7 freakin' TD's already, did you guys expect him to break double digit TD's before Thanksgiving? Of course he's going to have some average games as well as huge games, let's just not write the guy off yet like he can only be an average #2 WR, the whole entire Dallas offense has been in a funk lately not just him.
Id like to see a guy put up big numbers vs a good defense before id say hes anything more than a #2 WR.

@KC, ATL, SEA - 21 rec 482 yds 5 TDs

@Phi,@GB, WAS - 9 rec 116 yds 1 TD

He was shutout for over 3 quarters vs both the Eagles and Packers. He was shutout til the last play of the 3rd quarter vs the Redskins.

Ill give Austin some credit when he steps up vs talent.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I had to pick 1 WR, it would be Austin. He's the most prototypical.

Jackson would only remain his true self in 5 NFL offenses, give or take.

After Austin it's a tie between Steve Smith and Hakeem Nicks. Nicks will be the best when it's all said and done.

34/41 voted Jackson. Rarely see that kind of agreement on here, and it's not like this one is so obvious. Is the poll rigged? Where's the epic homerism?

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 06:58 PM    (permalink
BleedBurgundy96
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
If I had to pick 1 WR, it would be Austin. He's the most prototypical.

Jackson would only remain his true self in 5 NFL offenses, give or take.

After Austin it's a tie between Steve Smith and Hakeem Nicks. Nicks will be the best when it's all said and done.

34/41 voted Jackson. Rarely see that kind of agreement on here, and it's not like this one is so obvious. Is the poll rigged? Where's the epic homerism?
Actually im shocked its only 34/41 Jackson.

I honestly dont understand why you voted for Austin. What has he shown you that makes you think hes the best WR in the NFC East?
Old 11-25-2009, 07:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To me, the #1 WR on a team is the guy who the defense focuses most of its attention to.

He's the one dictating coverage. He's the one who impacts the gameplan more than anybody else.

There are some great young talents in the East at WR, a lot of them are still developing. But at this moment, I just don't see how it could be anyone but DJack right now as the best.

DJack is going to be a stud his entire career.