Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

Old 03-01-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The writing was on the wall, in my opinion. I don't think he'll come back either... good luck to you Joe!
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
reznola
Rookie

reznola hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That was one of the cuts I expected, when does the other shoe drop on Fred Thomas, I mean come on, is there even a reason for him to take up a roster spot?

Joe was scheduled to make 5 million next year with a 1 million bonus set to come in soon and now makes WR somewhat of a need, but I think you can address that need in the draft as from what I read the FA wr group is weak.
reznola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well like you guys said, every Saints fan knew this day would come eventually. Joe is one of my emotional favorites, but his production was declining at his age. It wasn't his fault he got injured..but missing 6 regular season games and not being able to be healthy enough for the playoffs was really disappointing.

this will probably clear up some cap room. There is also a slight chance Joe is back with the Saints. (similar to Isaac Bruce being cut last year and re-signing with the Rams) he may find out his market value isn't as high as he thinks it is.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Bigbadbob72
Rookie

Bigbadbob72 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The saints have been my second favortie team for a while and I always loved Joe Horn. This makes me sad and I hope he comes back.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Falcons interested in former Saints WR Horn

Quote:
The Atlanta Falcons might be on the path to bolstering their maligned wide receiver unit and a void in veteran leadership on offense by acquiring free agent wide receiver Joe Horn, who was released by the New Orleans Saints earlier this week.

The Falcons and Horn's agent, Ralph Vitolo, entered into discussions just after the free-agency period started at 12:01 a.m. Friday, according to Vitolo. While contract talks have not been broached, the sides are trying to set up a visit for Horn so he can meet with the new coach Bobby Petrino and his staff, Vitolo said.
Source: http://www.ajc.com/services/content/...svc=7&cxcat=21

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbadbob72 View Post
The saints have been my second favortie team for a while and I always loved Joe Horn. This makes me sad and I hope he comes back.
Well after Joe's recent comments, I'm almost sure he won't be back now..

Quote:
HORN BLOWS UP AT SAINTS

Receiver Joe Horn is pissed off at his former team. So, although the Saints have seemingly left the door open to his potential return, it looks like it will be difficult if not impossible to get these two back together.

"Right now it's going around that [the Saints] wanted to restructure my contract and I asked to be released, but this has nothing to do with money," Horn told the Fayetteville (N.C.) Observer. "I wanted to retire as a Saint. I've been through hell and back for that city and that organization. If I wanted out of New Orleans that bad, I would have just kept my mouth shut and let them move the team to San Antonio.

“I just don’t think [head coach] Sean Payton wanted me back. I asked to be released because I felt betrayed by a head coach who wanted to prove he could win without Joe Horn.”

Horn cites the refusal of Payton to use Horn after he had recovered from an injury as the catalyst for the divorce.
wow...Joe really should've just taken the high road and left with class, instead of going off on this media tirade.

Last edited by Auron : 03-02-2007 at 03:27 PM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doesn't sound like he is coming back any time soon...

Signature made by me

Old 03-03-2007, 05:10 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Default Saints Free Agent Thread

Quote:
The Saints are scheduled to host free agents CB Ken Hamlin and LB Brian Simmons on Saturday.
Source: http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511

Signature made by me

Old 03-03-2007, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Default Saints Re-Signings/Releases

Quote:
Saints re-signed T Jon Stinchcomb to a two-year, $7 million contract.

The deal will pay him $5 million in 2007. The formerly injury-prone right tackle held up well last year, his fourth in the league. Still young, the 27-year-old Stinchcomb will have another shot at free agency in 2009. The Saints should now turn their efforts to adding quality cornerbacks.
Source: Rotoworld.com

Signature made by me

Old 03-03-2007, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's the ESPN.com stub:

Stinchcomb agrees to two-year, $7M deal with Saints

I'm really happy that the Saints re-signed Stinchcomb. I'll be honest, before the beginning of last season, I didn't know if he'd be able to come in and start in the NFL. But, he proved me wrong and I really thought he stepped it up big time last season. :)

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Good signing, I'm glad we're focussed on keeping our core players.

This will ensure continuity along the O-line. Also we have some good depth, Strief in case we need someone to fill in.

Last edited by Auron : 03-03-2007 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

I agree. It's a good signing for us.

Signature made by me

Old 03-03-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know some Saints fans are big fans of offensive tackle Zach Strief, but I don't think he's ready just yet.

However, with the way his deal is set up, it works out for both sides, in my opinion. Stinchcomb gets a two year deal, makes his money, and then he becomes a free agent at the age of 29, with six years of experience, and hopefully by then, either Strief can step up and become the starter or we would have drafted a tackle to come in and take over.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 03-03-2007, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

As I said earlier, I don't know if I'm totally sold on Brian Simmons, since he has some injury concerns (but doesn't everyone) and he's not exactly a Spring chicken.

But as for Ken Hamlin, I think he'd definitely be an upgrade and we could use someone like him in our secondary. He's a cornerback/safety and a hard hitter, which something that we don't particularly have. I know that he himself has also had injury concerns but I think he's fully recovered.

We'll have to see, now with linebacker London Baker-Fletcher signing with Washington, our target list just got smaller.

Who else would you like to see us target in free agency?

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 03-03-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder why we're bringing in a FS. Are we giving up on Bullocks?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the re-signing of Stinch. I think him and Strief are going to compete over the starting job in camp and if no matter who wins, it means we will have good depth.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-03-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Stoopid512

I'm not big on Simmons. Declining numbers with increasing age. Only 38 tackles and zero sacks last year. I'd pass on him.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
With Hamlin, Grant, and Kaesviharn coming in for visits. I think that means the coaching is staff is either.. just about done with Bullocks, or Harper's knee isn't progressing as well as hoped.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Ken Hamlin is a strong safety, so possibly (and I hope not), Roman Harper may not be completely healed up from his injury last season.

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 03-04-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/395977

Hamlin is listed as a FS. It is possible that he could play both positions. Plus he's only 26.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-04-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Default Saints Free Agent Thread

Quote:
In addition to free agent safety Ken Hamlin, former 49ers defensive tackle Anthony Adams is scheduled to visit the Saints on Sunday
Source: Rotoworld.com

Signature made by me

Old 03-04-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Default Saints Free Agency Thread

First outside FA signing according to NFL Network Adam Schefter reported that the Saints and Bengals LB Brian Simmons are expected to agree to terms on Monday, March 5th.

waiting to find out what comes of this, maybe we'll add Hamlin, Kaesviharn, or Grant as well.

Last edited by Auron : 03-04-2007 at 10:22 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:37 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I think that'd be a very nice signing as it would provide an upgrade at MLB over Mark Simoneau. I still think it is possible that we might go after Donnie Edwards as well since Brian Simmons can play OLB.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-05-2007, 06:36 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

I would love to see us upgrading the positions at need in FA so that we can go after the BPA in the Draft :)

Brian Simmons and Ken Hamlin would be good signings.

Signature made by me

Old 03-05-2007, 11:10 AM    (permalink
reznola
Rookie

reznola hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like the idea of bring Hamlin in his age and experience is a plus, but don't like Simmons coming in. If you are going to bring in a MLB in his 30's you might as well bring in Edwards.
reznola is offline   Reply With Quote